PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday February 2 is Bob Ford Day

M Ruler
January 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
The city of Albany, its Mayor, Jerry Jennings, the AD Lee McElroy and many Alumni have been invited to celebrate the day.

So if you are in the area stop by.

The Ticker Tape Parade starts at 11:00 am. Then the 3 hour jaunt down the NY State Thruway to New York City for the parade through the "Canyon of Hero's" followed by a spot on David Letterman.

MR. CHICKEN
January 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
16408....IS ALBANY'S MASCOT......DUH..GROUNDHOG....xconfusedx.....AWK!

PAllen
January 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM
What Year? ;)

Mr. C
January 26th, 2012, 11:31 AM
16408....IS ALBANY'S MASCOT......DUH..GROUNDHOG....xconfusedx.....AWK!

I always thought Penn State should have been called the Groundhogs (would make a nice nickname for any school back here). When my daughter's high school softball team played and won the Pennsylvania 4-A championship last spring, we counted 25 of those little buggers within a few blocks of the Penn State campus. Didn't see ANY Nittany Lions.

UAalum72
January 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
You never see the lion if the lion sees you first.

danefan
February 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2479759.shtml?cat=300

A news report from the studio and if you've never heard Coach Ford speak its always a good statement and shows you how humble he really is.

BANY - The City of Albany has declared Feb. 2 Bob Ford Day.

Thursday, is Bob Ford Day in the City of Albany for the legendary football coach and for many University at Albany fans, the only coach they have ever known.

Bob Ford, the winningest active coach in Division I football with 255 wins, was also a guy who took great pride in turning out players, good citizens and good students.

“I’m just overwhelmed by it,” said Ford. “I think of all the tremendous people in the Capital District, you know the great cardiologists, the great doctors, people who save lives and here we are honoring a football coach. It gives you some indication of how athletics is viewed in this country.”

The honor also gives people an idea of how highly regarded Ford is in the Capital Region.

Also indication that the bids went out for our new stadium last week and it is expected that construction will begin in June according to some reporters twitter accounts.

ngineer
February 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Ford has always been one of the great 'ambassadors of the game'. I hope he has a number of years more left.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Deserving indeed.