PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Pressley's Punt Return for TD in Fla All Star Game

AppMan
January 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Wish we would have given him a chance at this at ASU. Great job DeAndre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ls7AD9kwy8&feature=uploademail

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Pretty damn impressive.

Apphole
January 23rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Leaving NFL scouts drooling on the sideline. Great job DP. Might be my favorite ASU player of all time for his attitude and incredible speed.

bojeta
January 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
And the announcer says "He was 3rd place for the Walter Payton award which is essentially the Heisman for Divsion II" Really?

Apphole
January 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
And the announcer says "He was 3rd place for the Walter Payton award which is essentially the Heisman for Divsion II" Really?

Welcome to the world of JV. People get it wrong more than they get it right. If you don't like it, move up.
;)

Jacked_Rabbit
January 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM

And then it took him four attempts to pronounce the word "athleticism"... LOL!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the world of JV. People get it wrong more than they get it right. If you don't like it, move up.
;)

Sure, instead of just looking at them as a dullard and pointing out the err of their ways you should always acquiesce to ignorance. Good call holio!

For Christ's sake son.xlolx

Apphole
January 23rd, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sure, instead of just looking at them as a dullard and pointing out the err of their ways you should always acquiesce to ignorance. Good call holio!

For Christ's sake son.xlolx
I just accept the real perception of the FCS. I see no need to get up in arms when people make possibly the most common college sports misnomer of all time.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
I just accept the real perception of the FCS. I see no need to get up in arms when people make possibly the most common college sports misnomer of all time.

Getting up in arms is the wrong thign to do for sure, I'm glad most people don't do that. Feeling sorry for the utter lack of intellect on a subject you probably ought to know since you are being paid to broadcast is a whole nother story.

In fact I couldn't care less if the whole thing is considered D2 cuz there are great players from all levels. I care a little bit that people don't take pride in their work. If that is something you want to hang the ol' "hat of transitional reasoning" on then I'm all for the good times and laughter you provide.

Your need for recognition and approval is noted.xthumbsupx

Apphole
January 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
I just don't sweat the small stuff and I don't concern myself with lost causes. *****ing about someone calling the FCS D2 is a broken record on FCS message boards. It's not something I'm hanging my hat on as a reason to move up. I want what's best for the university and I believe a move is in our best interest. I was just poking fun at someone for talking the same old tired jazz.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
I just don't sweat the small stuff and I don't concern myself with lost causes. *****ing about someone calling the FCS D2 is a broken record on FCS message boards. It's not something I'm hanging my hat on as a reason to move up. I want what's best for the university and I believe a move is in our best interest. I was just poking fun at someone for talking the same old tired jazz.

I in turn was doing likewise to yourself. Nobody takes it real hard, we just like to call them out on the mistake and if they don't learn it then the "lessons" don't stop.

They don't even have to sign up for this course. We just hand out knowledge around here free of charge.

bojeta
January 23rd, 2012, 10:48 PM
I in turn was doing likewise to yourself. Nobody takes it real hard, we just like to call them out on the mistake and if they don't learn it then the "lessons" don't stop.

They don't even have to sign up for this course. We just hand out knowledge around here free of charge.

+1 You nailed it!

asumike83
January 23rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
So... that punt return was pretty sweet huh? xpeacex

Give 'em hell DeAndre!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2012, 11:17 PM
So... that punt return was pretty sweet huh? xpeacex

Give 'em hell DeAndre!

It was sweet. That about face then run the hell around y'all and turn and burn on the corner move was a joy to watch.

T-Dog
January 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
I just don't sweat the small stuff

So your whole persona on this message board is a gimmick?

Apphole
January 24th, 2012, 07:35 AM
So your whole persona on this message board is a gimmick?

Being a realist and a straight shooter is no gimmick.

cannonballgsu
January 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Great return - impressive to elude the first few defenders then reverse the field. Got some good blocking upfield after that.

asumike83
January 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Great return - impressive to elude the first few defenders then reverse the field. Got some good blocking upfield after that.

Oh man, you're not kidding. That one guy got FLATTENED as he turned the corner, that was almost as entertaining as the return!

Smitty
January 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
So you have a choice DeAndre Pressly or Armanti Edwards... Which one do you want to do better?

Only bring this up becauce AE is still getting shafted at Carolina...

AppAlum2003
January 24th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cool return, but to be honest... it looks like half the kids on the opposing team aren't even trying... especially at the end there. If you watch the kids in the endzone at the end of the run, they are just standing there letting him finish the run instead of trying to stop him.

cannonballgsu
January 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cool return, but to be honest... it looks like half the kids on the opposing team aren't even trying... especially at the end there. If you watch the kids in the endzone at the end of the run, they are just standing there letting him finish the run instead of trying to stop him.

#84 didn't try AT ALL. Still, i wouldn't discount the run.

HenZoneNation
January 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I don't see DP in the NFL...HOWEVER...Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan are in Alabama getting ready for the big game and the said that Quick looked like the real deal. they loved his size. I had to get out of the car so I didn't hear the rest. Sounded very promising though.

cbarrier90
January 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I don't see DP in the NFL...HOWEVER...Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan are in Alabama getting ready for the big game and the said that Quick looked like the real deal. they loved his size. I had to get out of the car so I didn't hear the rest. Sounded very promising though.

Looks are one thing, but most reports I've seen say he looks overwhelmed with the competition. One scout even had him outside the Top 100. It's early, but it doesn't sound like he's gotten off to the best of starts.

AppAlum2003
January 24th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Looks are one thing, but most reports I've seen say he looks overwhelmed with the competition. One scout even had him outside the Top 100. It's early, but it doesn't sound like he's gotten off to the best of starts.

Always knew he'd struggle with the transition right away... he barely played high school ball and then played in a run-first, big play offense in college. Had he been thrown the ball 15 times a game from various routes, he'd be much further along right now. But, it is what it is (channeling my inner John Fox.)

I still think with his size and ability, he'll get the necessary coaching and make some big plays in the NFL.

AppMan
January 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM

The week after switching to CB Cadet was running routes working with Pressley in the indoor facility. A few scouts were there looking at Quick and asked the coaches if DeAndre could go up against Brian a few times. They basically told the coaches he would have been an AA corner had he been at the position all four years. They loved his ability to change direcions and quickness. The kick return thing will only make him more attractive. Don't be surprised to see him on a practice squad next year.

proasu89
January 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Presley xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
January 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Is it just me or does it looks like he's wearing a helmet that says "Ole Miss" on it? You can see it around the :33-:35 time frame when he's in the end zone.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/128325/presley.jpg
It actually looks like an all-black variation of this helmet to me:
http://nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/Mississippi.gif

Although maybe it's just a thing where players put something like that on their helmets for this game. It could be some variation of an all-black App State helmet just with the Ole Miss stuck on the side. I say that because at about the :34 mark, I see a player (#53) who appears to be wearing a UAB helmet but also with the "Ole Miss" logo on the side.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/128325/53.jpg

Anybody know what the deal is with that?

kdinva
January 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
some players in these all star games bring extra helmet decals to share and wear during the game, this has been going on for years........

ST_Lawson
January 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
some players in these all star games bring extra helmet decals to share and wear during the game, this has been going on for years........

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Haven't really watched many of these types of games in the past, so I wasn't aware of the tradition.

HenZoneNation
January 26th, 2012, 08:50 PM

All it takes is for one team to fall in love with him. Physically, he's a beast...if I'm a team, I say to my WR coach...make him good. But that's just me.