PDA

View Full Version : Lum, Hamilton Lead 2011 CSJ All-America Team

Mr. C
January 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM
College Sports Journal (college-sports-journal.com) has announced its 2011 FCS All-America team:

PHILADELPHIA, PA. — Quarterback Chris Lum of Lehigh and defensive end Adrian Hamilton of Prairie View were among the top honorees as College Sports Journal announced its first Football Championship Subdivision All-America team on Thursday.

Other top honors went to Rob Ambrose of Towson as the coach of the year, Tom Compton of South Dakota as the lineman of the year and Georgia Southern's Laron Scott as the special teams player of the year.

Preston Evans of North Dakota State was chosen in a tough vote as the playoff most valuable player after leading the Bison to their first national championship at the Division I level.

Terrance West of Towson was announced on Wednesday as the College Sports Journal freshman of the year, heading up the 40-man, All-Freshman team.

To read more and see the complete team, go here:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/170-lum-hamilton-lead-2011-csj-all-america-team

Screamin_Eagle174
January 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Glad to see you have some material to **** *** too there Mr. C. I'm sorry Lum didn't win the Payton. :(

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
A little bit of a homer here, but I would've probably picked Cornick as linemen of the year, and I didn't see Colten Heagle even as an honorable mention at safety. Otherwise, pretty solid list.

Twentysix
January 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I wonder if the georgia southern fans think Heagle is an All american.

If they agree you arent being a homer.

Mr. C
January 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
So who do you remove to put Heagle on the team? No doubt that he had a great game against Georgia Southern. But he also missed three games, including two during the playoffs, to injuries and he had zero tackles in another key game against Northern Iowa (I'm assuming injuries were to blame in that one as well). Even NDSU insiders would tell you that Heagle had an up and down year, with everything considered. Still a very good player and he will get his due before he is through in Fargo.

Mr. C
January 20th, 2012, 12:59 AM
A little bit of a homer here, but I would've probably picked Cornick as linemen of the year, and I didn't see Colten Heagle even as an honorable mention at safety. Otherwise, pretty solid list.

Cornick had a lot of consideration for that honor.

Twentysix
January 20th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Anyone who looks that scandinavian is instantly an all american. xsmhx

He was robbed. The kid is basicly a Nord in real life.

Cleets
January 20th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Interesting to note that Heagle had 15 tackles against GSU
and 5 were for no gain or a loss (that's a season for some safeties)

Anyway... just sayin'

ursus arctos horribilis
January 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Interesting to note that Heagle had 15 tackles against GSU
and 5 were for no gain or a loss (that's a season for some safeties)

Anyway... just sayin'

Did it with a cast on too. I was amazed that he got there, got guys down and was always around the ball and in the Championship game he was an animal as well. Dudes really good and his star shined pretty bright in the biggest games. If he had subpar performances and it's not due to a great defensive effort by the guys in front of him then I get it. I just don't remember seeing that guy miss a lot of tackles or being juked out of the play and missing them.

That still doesn't mean that he necessarily had a better year than the other guys.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 20th, 2012, 02:26 PM
The balloting on the playoff MVP was damned close. It could have gone any number of NDSU defensive players. Heagle was a beast in that one game, Williams was great, Boyer was great... in the end it was a really, really tough call.

andy7171
January 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Nice pick of Tyler Wharton, he had a helluva season. But he was a senior. :D