PDA

View Full Version : New Yale Coach.........

kdinva
January 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Don Brown perhaps, from:

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

ngineer
January 9th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I am hoping it's Brown.....or anyone not named Cecchini!

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Brown has withdrawn his name, according to the New Haven Register. Not sure what this means for Kevin Kelly going forward, though.

RichH2
January 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yale has been turned down by their 1st two picks. They have pretty much turned the entire situation into a fiasco. If I recall correctly Brown turned them down the last time also. Reno. Kelly, Cecchini left plus the rumor of Dorrall. I am ,ofcourse , rooting for Reno and Kelly , in that order, to get the job. I know it is YALE but given Levin's reputed animus towards footballwhy would anyone even take the job. It does seem like a career killer

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yale has been turned down by their 1st two picks. They have pretty much turned the entire situation into a fiasco. If I recall correctly Brown turned them down the last time also. Reno. Kelly, Cecchini left plus the rumor of Dorrall. I am ,ofcourse , rooting for Reno and Kelly , in that order, to get the job. I know it is YALE but given Levin's reputed animus towards footballwhy would anyone even take the job. It does seem like a career killer

This is playing out almost identically to when Williams was hired. We all know how that turned out.

RichH2
January 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Got to feel for Williams. They are still supposed to announce somebody by 1/12. Perhaps Levin will appoint one of the Philosophy profs to finsh the demolition of Yale football

Ivytalk
January 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I still think it will be Tony "Don't Call Me Janet" Reno, for the ex-Harvard Factor.

RichH2
January 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Ivy,

Admit to a modicum of confusion wth Yale process, but wouldn't AD want a current or former HC from somewhere? Realize Yale does not have the prestige it had 20years ago but it still has some cachet

Ivytalk
January 10th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Ivy,

Admit to a modicum of confusion wth Yale process, but wouldn't AD want a current or former HC from somewhere? Realize Yale does not have the prestige it had 20years ago but it still has some cachet

I'm sure you're right, Rich, although on a related thread I cited the example of Yale's hiring Harvard's assistant men's ice hockey coach Tim Taylor to turn its then-woeful program around -- which he did. I'm just having fun!

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM
The longer this goes, the more uncomfortable it will be for Yale to make a decision, and indirectly, more uncomfortable for Georgetown, given that its Kelly is the only active head coach still in the search and his status may be a question being posed by GU's recruits.

To the Yale fans out there--why is/was Rick Flanders not a candidate?

RichH2
January 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Maybe he was ? Whoever takes the job will besides having to deal with cuts in athletic slots at Yale but also losing this year's recruiting class. Yale already has 7-8 recruits simply because it is yale and no doubt will get more even w/o a HC. New hire will not have many of his own open slots to pick at what is left over. They were a bad team this past year and unlikely to improve much even with new staff. I go back to " Why would anyone , not a Yale alum, want the job?"

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Yale was not a bad team, just average. 5-5 record, 380 yards/game gained, 376/game given up. Right down the middle.

Mr. C
January 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Don Brown perhaps, from:

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

So much for Football Scoop knowing something. They throw out any rumor they here.

Libertine
January 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Footballscoop got bought out a couple years ago and the new owners aren't nearly as precise with their information. For what it's worth, the guy who started the site cashed the check and then started up Coachingsearch.com which is essentially the same thing. He seems to enjoy taking regular digs at the accuracy of "another site's" information.

RichH2
January 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
According to Portal31 ( Yale blog), Kelly is frontrunner now.If he is smart ,he'll just keep running. Then again , I want someone to take the job , other than Dave

Franks Tanks
January 11th, 2012, 08:52 AM
According to Portal31 ( Yale blog), Kelly is frontrunner now.If he is smart ,he'll just keep running. Then again , I want someone to take the job , other than Dave

Yale has issues in the athletic department, but it is still Yale. Plenty of kids want to go to Yale to play football, and Kelly will make more money and have funding on par with the teams he is competing against. Yale's situation is difficult, but it is far better than Georgetown. With Kelly's record he should be thankful if offered this job.

RichH2
January 11th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Yale has issues in the athletic department, but it is still Yale. Plenty of kids want to go to Yale to play football, and Kelly will make more money and have funding on par with the teams he is competing against. Yale's situation is difficult, but it is far better than Georgetown. With Kelly's record he should be thankful if offered this job.

Being a bit whimsical about Kelly. No doubt at all that he will have, if not a good position, a better one at Yale than he has at GU. Bound to make more money and have more assets than available at GU

ngineer
January 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Go Kelly!! All the Best!! Get a haircut for the interview!! Shine your shoes!! Brush your teeth!! Smile!! Give a firm handshake!! Look the interviewer in the eye!!

Seriously, since Kelly has HC experience at an excellent academic school, I would think he has the inside track and would certainly be a move upward for him to a program that cares a little more about football...but that's not saying much.

CFBfan
January 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Go Kelly!! All the Best!! Get a haircut for the interview!! Shine your shoes!! Brush your teeth!! Smile!! Give a firm handshake!! Look the interviewer in the eye!!

Seriously, since Kelly has HC experience at an excellent academic school, I would think he has the inside track and would certainly be a move upward for him to a program that cares a little more about football...but that's not saying much.

well ngineer and all LU fans, your OC has the Yale HC job........

ngineer
January 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
well ngineer and all LU fans, your OC has the Yale HC job........

WRONG!!

They are NOT!!!!

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

OK, let's try this again.

I got burned in a big-time way from a source who confirmed Dave Cecchini to be Yale's next football coach. However, I apologize for putting that out there before I was able to get a secondary confirmation. That same source got back to me to inform me that he was messed up and that it is indeed Tony Reno who will be named head coach.

Praise the Lord!

CFBfan
January 11th, 2012, 08:49 PM
oh!! see that, i jumped the gun! good for LU. should be a great recruting year for you and GU should have a nice one as well.....

Ivytalk
January 12th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I still think it will be Tony "Don't Call Me Janet" Reno, for the ex-Harvard Factor.

Yowzah!:D

RichH2
January 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Good call TALK. Saw where Levin pulled the offer to Brown. He didn't withdraw again. I am supremely grateful to all the Gods for allowing Dave to stick around a little longer. He is too good to stay forever but a beeter job will come for him.

And they laughed at me when I said that sacrificng virgins would get Yale to pick elsewhere.

Ivytalk
January 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Good call TALK. Saw where Levin pulled the offer to Brown. He didn't withdraw again. I am supremely grateful to all the Gods for allowing Dave to stick around a little longer. He is too good to stay forever but a beeter job will come for him.

And they laughed at me when I said that sacrificng virgins would get Yale to pick elsewhere.

Reno stayed at Harvard just long enough to learn all of Murphy's game schemes. Manchurian Candidate, perhaps?xcoolx

Anyway, fat lot of good Yale's scouting did them for 10 of the past 11 years!:p

RichH2
January 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yale seems determined (Levin) to become Swarthmore

Yale hackers must have crashed Ivy Board to limit further embarassment