PDA

View Full Version : Bison welcome home from Frisco last night. (video)

BisonHype!
January 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Pretty cool welcome home late last night!

www.inforum.com/event/article/id/346485

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 8th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Awesome video.

My borther-in-law was there....said it was more like 3-4K fans there.

Hambone
January 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Huh, all about chanting Sioux Suck when you get home from a nat'l championship victory? Even Marcus Williams ends his little speech with it?

Congrats on the victory.

BisonHype!
January 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Fans were definitley loud. I would guess there was way more than advertised there last night. We were loud for em'!

Twentysix
January 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Huh, all about chanting Sioux Suck when you get home from a nat'l championship victory? Even Marcus Williams ends his little speech with it?

Congrats on the victory.

Sioux suck. bwahahhaa

sgt smash
January 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Congrats on the victory.

I think you just heard it wrong. They weren't saying "Sioux Suck". They were chanting Sousa, for the sousaphone in their band. NDSU was really proud of not only thier football team last night but also thier band.

Hope this clears it up.

semobison
January 8th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Why even bring UND into our celebration! They dont even have a nickname!

BisonHype!
January 8th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I think you just heard it wrong. They weren't saying "Sioux Suck". They were chanting Sousa, for the sousaphone in their band. NDSU was really proud of not only thier football team last night but also thier band.

Hope this clears it up.

Oooooooooo. That makes total sense.(sarcasm here)

gt_bison
January 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM

Congrats on the victory.

It's rather amusing how that has persisted through years of not playing, but I guarantee that when Georgia Tech wins its next football championship (putting on my optimist hat), calls of "What's the good word?" / "To HELL with georgia!" will ring out from the fans and players alike, regardless of who the opponent was. It's just the nature of deeply-ingrained rivalries.

darell1976
January 8th, 2012, 02:09 PM

Congrats on the victory.

I didn't know his little sister plays basketball at UND. Should be an interesting family get together to discuss this.

bisonguy
January 8th, 2012, 02:11 PM
I didn't know his little sister plays basketball at UND. Should be an interesting family get together to discuss this.

I would guess that's why he said it.

darell1976
January 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I would guess that's why he said it.

Most likely. I heard his parents are grounding him for saying it.xlolx

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58573&SPID=6389&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205319739&Q_SEASON=2011

Before UND: A 2011 graduate of Hopkins High School ... Four-year letterwinner in basketball ... Helped lead the Royals to a 2011 4A Minnesota State High School title ... A two-time all-conference and all-tournament honoree (2010, 2011) ... Named team MVP and earned all-conference honorable mention honors in 2009.

Personal: Majoring in pre-accounting ... Daughter of Jeffrey and Carolyn Williams ... Father played football at St. Cloud State ... Brother, Marcus, plays football at North Dakota State.

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/226167/

Flash forward 22 years in Frisco, Texas — where NDSU won its first national championship since its 1990 trip to Florence. As the Bison team marched toward its locker room before the game, the three-block long line of fans chanted “Here We Go Bison, Here We Go.” In between the cheers, one fan yelled “Sioux suck.”

Later that same day when fans gathered in front of the Fargodome to welcome home their team, Gov. Jack Dalrymple started the same cheer “Here We Go Bison, Here We Go.” Little did the Governor realize that the chant must mysteriously spark a certain impulse to be insulting.

As if on cue, a small group of supporters started yelling “Sioux suck.”

NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor has already issued an apology to Brian Faison, his counterpart at UND. Based on the how often this insensitive chant pops up, perhaps Taylor and Faison should figure out a date they can play in football.

That must have hurt coming out of Taylor's mouth.

gotts
January 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/226167/

That must have hurt coming out of Taylor's mouth.

Do you have anything positive to say about him?

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Ummmmm..no.xlolx

F350KINGRANCH
January 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
i do he is a national champ, darrels is just trying to steal some ndsu thunder on the message boards, he is doing quite well at it i might add. i bet you have the most posts on ags and cs in the last three days. youre wife is a bison fan cut her school some slack. oh and sioux suck

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 09:49 AM
i do he is a national champ, darrels is just trying to steal some ndsu thunder on the message boards, he is doing quite well at it i might add. i bet you have the most posts on ags and cs in the last three days. youre wife is a bison fan cut her school some slack. oh and sioux suck

Are you referring to Standing Rock Sioux Nation or Spirit Lake Sioux Nation?

LakesBison
January 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
if your university didnt use them as a mascot, we'd say ____ suck to anything. You guys are the racists, not us.

Southern Bison
January 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM

Ummmmm..no.

I'm shocked!! xsmhx

Fellow Bison fans, Darell's just been trolling here because his team cowered to the NCAA and gave up their tradition. UND failed the Standing Rock and Spirit Lake Sioux Nations. Everyone in North Dakota and that has ever lived there are proud of the Sioux Nations.

The UND Football, Basketball, & other programs...well, that's another story. Tough to be proud of a second-rate program.

Southern Bison
January 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
if your university didnt use them as a mascot, we'd say ____ suck to anything.

+1

LakesBison
January 10th, 2012, 10:38 AM
darrel is the only 1, too bad his fingers work

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Oh stop with the projection. You know full well what they are saying. Whatever you decide to eventually call yourselves will suck because you as an institution suck. That is all.

darell1976
January 10th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Oh stop with the projection. You know full well what they are saying. Whatever you decide to eventually call yourselves will suck because you as an institution suck. That is all.

Then just say North Dakota sucks. Thats our team...Sioux is not.

F350KINGRANCH
January 10th, 2012, 11:37 AM
how about the university of ralph engelstad sucks, i think we all can agree on that one, in fact new nickname hmm

NoDak 4 Ever
January 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM
how about the university of ralph engelstad sucks, i think we all can agree on that one, in fact new nickname hmm

Call them the Aryans. They can put their mascot in Hitler's parade car and ride it around the Alerus center before games to pump the crowd up. They can give the old one handed salute at the end of the national anthem like we do the horns.