PDA

View Full Version : Great Season Sam Houston State

Cat79
January 7th, 2012, 08:11 PM
You had a great season with nothing to be ashamed of. The good thing is the youth of your team with the majority coming back.

frozennorth
January 7th, 2012, 08:30 PM
definitely a contender next year

HandoEX
January 7th, 2012, 08:52 PM
We have ran across many SHSU fans this weekend and almost every single one has showed a ton of class. A great season and the fanbase should be proud. I did get hit in the head by a peice of chicken when walking to the bathroom at the game though. Haha!

AmsterBison
January 7th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, the Kat defense was pretty dang impressive with lots coming back... NDSU used the disappointment at Eastern Washington last year as motivation during the offseason- I figure Sam Houston will do the same.

Bearkats94
January 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM
We are only losing 4 seniors on this years team from what the one of the coaches told me. So I hope you all are right its nice winning for a change.

darell1976
January 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Great Year SHSU!! You were in a spot a lot of FCS teams were not.

bisonranch
January 7th, 2012, 09:54 PM
What surprised me the most in this game was SHSU's defense. Typically NDSU wears teams down the second half and runs all over them, SH put pressure on and made plays all game.

What do you guys expect next year with the OC leaving?

patssle
January 7th, 2012, 10:22 PM
What do you guys expect next year with the OC leaving?

Our defense should be able to lead us to another SLC championship regardless of the offense (assuming the new OC doesn't just plain suck). But to win in the playoffs, we'll need a revamped offense that has something of a passing game to use when the run is shut down. Good teams with discipline have the ability to shut it down - which obviously is what you find in the playoffs and we did in the semis (after the 1st quarter) and championship.

bisonranch
January 7th, 2012, 11:12 PM
You'll have a bunch of battle hardened and angry juniors with a chip on their shoulder. The OT loss to EWU last year was a big motivator this year. Stay healthy and it should be another good season. Man, all of the NDSU/SHSU games have all been pretty awesome.

Texas
January 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Great season, and especially for the town of Huntsville never seen people so lively in a long time. NDSU you have some of the best fans in football I've ever seen, you guys won with absolute class, hope we get a rematch against y'all next year.

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 01:01 AM
As heartbroken as I am happy with where we are. We have alot to look forward to. THE KATS ARE FAR FROM DONE!!!

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Nice season Kats

laxVik
January 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Your QB stunk it up big time there. 2 ints, less than 50% completions. P..U...

Hammerhead
January 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM
One of those interceptions came late in the game where the Kats had to be in serious catch-up mode. I never dreamed that the Bison defense would have kept SHSU out of the end zone the entire game. IMHO, SHSU was our toughest playoff opponent.

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
One of the things that surprised me at the game was how fans from both teams loved my Schlitz t-shirt

Bisonator
January 8th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Congrats to SHSU! Best defense we saw all season. Really thought we would be able to dominate both lines of scrimmage, but your D-line was impressive. Hopefully see you in next years NC game, rematch baby!!!

BEAR
January 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Great game SHSU. Suprised the run game was shut down but NDSU did have a great defense coming into the game. I'm hoping with the team SHSU and UCA (only second year eligible this year) have coming back that the SLC can make noise for a few years to come! Maybe even move the conference up a spot or two in the national perception.

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Great game SHSU. Suprised the run game was shut down but NDSU did have a great defense coming into the game. I'm hoping with the team SHSU and UCA (only second year eligible this year) have coming back that the SLC can make noise for a few years to come! Maybe even move the conference up a spot or two in the national perception.

I think what we did and what you have, moving forward as legit programs should NOT be a discussion. SHSU and UCA are GOOD! We just need SFA to get back to where they need to be and CAN be. That will bring respect to the SLC.

rexreed
January 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
One of the things that surprised me at the game was how fans from both teams loved my Schlitz t-shirt
Have you had Schlitz lately? They reformulated and I gotta say it's one of my "go to" beers now. Right next to my Bartles & James. I usually wear Hai Karate when I drink it.xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
January 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I think what we did and what you have, moving forward as legit programs should NOT be a discussion. SHSU and UCA are GOOD! We just need SFA to get back to where they need to be and CAN be. That will bring respect to the SLC.

You say that like SFA has been in the doldrums. We had a down year with a tough early schedule, a new OC and new QB.

I think next year will be good..probably not beating Sam..but 8-3 or 7-4

semobison
January 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Have you had Schlitz lately? They reformulated and I gotta say it's one of my "go to" beers now. Right next to my Bartles & James. I usually wear Hai Karate when I drink it.xthumbsupx

Very cool! I want to party with you bud!