PDA

View Full Version : ESPN can go fnnnnccck themselves

TheBisonator
January 7th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Go to the front page of ESPN.com.... NOTHING about the game, no indicator anywhere.

Go to the front college football page.... I get that crystal football shoved down my throat, LSU/Bama in portions that can explode an 800 pound man's stomache. A LOT of coverage on the Pepto-Bismol Diarrhea Bowl that happened today, BOWLS!! BOWLS!! BOWLS!!! Look over here, internet viewer, BOWLS!! What do you think over here?? Here's more bowls to cram down your gullet!!!! Bowl stuff on this page corner, and bowl stuff on this page corner!!! Here's another link box area with more bowl crap!!!!!

One tiny link listed in the tiny miscellaneous news links box on the far right side with a short recap on our game.

ESPN can kiss my black assss.

stevdock
January 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
You act like this is new. I was actually surprised they wrote anything about it at all. The article itself was actually a good article on the game and not a 2 paragraph blurb. Chill out we just won the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

The Eagle's Cliff
January 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Welcome to FCS, the home of "we're the only one's who care" D1 College Football.

geoff
January 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I have watched plenty of college football over the past two weeks burning up my vacation. ESPN can go F@#% themselves. The FCS playoffs were by far the best football I've watched last month. The FCS is by far "real football", and espn 3 gan "go to hell". Great game all around. Defense wins championships and offense just puts points on the board. Without a doubt the two best defenses in FCS and it showed today. LSU and Alabama was 6-3 and they are playing for a title. All other bowl games have been a crock of ##$$. ESPN!! Next year, throw your espn 3 away and let the local affiliates pick up the games. You screwed us all this year and you are pathetic. Who cares about the Yankees and the East coast BS you post each and every week. The midwest rules and contradictory to what you believe. No one cares about the east coast. FU!!!!!

NDBISONGUY
January 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Not exactly shocking. Is it?

geoff
January 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Not exactly shocking. Is it?

No it's not shocking. If they bought the rights to all the playoff games, then sell them back to the local affiliates so we could watch the all the playoff games. Borderline criminal.

noogamoc
January 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Overall coverage was a complete insult. Congrats on the win!

deez_na
January 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Esp needs to get with it. FCS playoffs are way better than these 6-6 teams playing in bowl games especially an awesome championship game like today

Pard4Life
January 7th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Get real... why would ESPN cover anything involving a playoff when they invested and paid billions to televise the bowls? The playoff is a threat to their status quo.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2012, 06:19 PM
It was almost painful to watch the coverage at times.
From Jerry bumbling his way through an interview saying how great "North Dakota" looked out there, to the announcers congratulating coach Ambrose from "Towsend St" on the Robinson you tell they didn't prepare at all. The discussion often went back BCS game Monday, and it was the main point of discussion at half time.

I propose a petition to have AGS posters in the booth next year. I'd take LakesBison doing color commentary over the guys today.

BEAR
January 7th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Did anyone else cringe when they announced the new 13 year deal up to year 2024 between the ncaa and espn? :pumpuke: Nothing says "we're keeping you down" more than buying your silence. xlolx

Bronco
January 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
SMU V Pitt was on at the same time
I hope the championship game received a bigger audience

Drblankstare
January 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
From Jerry bumbling his way through an interview saying how great "North Dakota" looked out there, to the announcers congratulating coach Ambrose from "Towsend St" on the Robinson you tell they didn't prepare at all. The discussion often went back BCS game Monday, and it was the main point of discussion at half time.

I propose a petition to have AGS posters in the booth next year. I'd take LakesBison doing color commentary over the guys today.

Lakes would be good, but I don't think his parole officer will let him out of the state.xlolx

darell1976
January 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM

I thank Mr. Rice for that. Its okay during UND's DII National title game in 2001 against Grand Valley State we were called North Dakota State by Mike Golic. ESPN will always see us FCS fans as second class citizens. I also saw that SMU vs Pitt was on ESPN I told my wife, "what the hell is the Compass Bowl?" Why that couldn't be on ESPN and the NDSU/Sam Houston St game be on ESPN I don't understand. IMO the FCS NC game should have had a bigger rating than this garbage bowl. Typical ESPN.

DFW HOYA
January 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Typical ESPN.

Now you know how Big East fans feel.

Cleets
January 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
This was the real worlds subtle reminder of "how things work"...
There's no money in FCS and there isn't much of a following compared to the top 20 or so college programs - Get used to this - embrace it

danefan
January 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Who cares. I enjoyed the game and the playoffs. We'll get more games om TV next year under the new contract with ESPN and NCAA so it's moving in the right direction.

Today was a great showcase for FCS football. Enjoy it until next season.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Who cares. I enjoyed the game and the playoffs. We'll get more games om TV next year under the new contract with ESPN and NCAA so it's moving in the right direction.

Today was a great showcase for FCS football. Enjoy it until next season.

Amen danefan. We aren't gonna change ESPN so lets just enjoy what we've got

gofurman
January 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I have watched plenty of college football over the past two weeks burning up my vacation. ESPN can go F@#% themselves. The FCS playoffs were by far the best football I've watched last month. The FCS is by far "real football", and espn 3 gan "go to hell". Great game all around. Defense wins championships and offense just puts points on the board. Without a doubt the two best defenses in FCS and it showed today. LSU and Alabama was 6-3 and they are playing for a title. All other bowl games have been a crock of ##$$. ESPN!! Next year, throw your espn 3 away and let the local affiliates pick up the games. You screwed us all this year and you are pathetic. Who cares about the Yankees and the East coast BS you post each and every week. The midwest rules and contradictory to what you believe. No one cares about the east coast. FU!!!!!
I agree, FU is the greatest

BisonHype!
January 7th, 2012, 11:20 PM

Did that last sentence really happen? Statement of the week!

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2012, 11:27 PM
The thing is about the "North Dakota" flub - it wasn't just once, it happened multiple times. Make the mistake once, it's a terrible mistake and completely insulting to any North Dakotan, if not FCS fan who knows the bitterness between the SIoux and Bison.

Make it twice, though, and we're in RIck Perry territory.

chattanoogamocs
January 8th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Here is how much ESPN cares...

Type in ESPN.com
Nothing on the front page.
Click College Football
Nothing on the college football front page.
Click Scores
Nothing on the scores, just FBS bowl games shown.
Click All FCS (Formerly IAA) Scores.

Oh, there it is.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Go to the front page of ESPN.com.... NOTHING about the game, no indicator anywhere.

Go to the front college football page.... I get that crystal football shoved down my throat, LSU/Bama in portions that can explode an 800 pound man's stomache. A LOT of coverage on the Pepto-Bismol Diarrhea Bowl that happened today, BOWLS!! BOWLS!! BOWLS!!! Look over here, internet viewer, BOWLS!! What do you think over here?? Here's more bowls to cram down your gullet!!!! Bowl stuff on this page corner, and bowl stuff on this page corner!!! Here's another link box area with more bowl crap!!!!!

One tiny link listed in the tiny miscellaneous news links box on the far right side with a short recap on our game.

ESPN can kiss my black assss.

your rant just proves you weren't paying attention to the FCS championship game for the past 33 years

The Eagle's Cliff
January 8th, 2012, 07:04 AM
your rant just proves you weren't paying attention to the FCS championship game for the past 33 years

Or the three years his team wasn't in it.

BisonHype!
January 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
It was a crime to switch to another game, and switch the trophy presentation to ESPN 3. :(

Apphole
January 8th, 2012, 12:23 PM
No body cares about the FCS playoffs. Not even most FCS fans. ESPN is not going to bend to the will of a small group of die hards from two small schools. Welcome to the world of FCS, formally D 1 aa. Perceived as JV by the vast majority of sports fans.

Apphole
January 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
You should see the piss poor broadcasts we SoCon schools have to watch every "SoCon Saturday." Sports South was bad, but PBS looks like a high school media class produces it.

Cue music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BEAR
January 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
It got as much pub as the DII championship...xlolx

El Gato
January 8th, 2012, 04:22 PM
It was a crime to switch to another game, and switch the trophy presentation to ESPN 3. :(

Don't they do this for the bowl games as well? If I recall correctly, the trophy presentations for the bowl games was on ESPN3 as well.

gt_bison
January 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Don't they do this for the bowl games as well? If I recall correctly, the trophy presentations for the bowl games was on ESPN3 as well.

Yes, but I'm betting they'll show Saban or Miles hoisting the crystal football tomorrow night.

GoBlue06
January 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
to be fair, it was 2 relatively unheard of schools that were playing in the game...and I don't care what the rest of the country thinks, FCS is REAL football where a TRUE winner is determined ESPN can go f-off I would much rather watch Delaware on Comcast or The Comcast Network. Regional productions where people actually care about the football and not just the money.

Skjellyfetti
January 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM
reddit's CFB page gave NDSU some love by making them their banner:
http://www.reddit.com/r/cfb

PaulsonStadium
January 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Welp time to move up again... xlolx

Why so serious?

seantaylor
January 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM
You should see the piss poor broadcasts we SoCon schools have to watch every "SoCon Saturday." Sports South was bad, but PBS looks like a high school media class produces it.

Cue music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It is horrible. No HD, no graphics, announcers are usually some hayseeds from Goose Creek.

bluehenbillk
January 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Seriously? We're talking about this crap? Has anyone seen a rating for this game? I doubt it's anywhere near mediocre....

Ivytalk
January 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
The impression I get is that local TV/media coverage of FCS regular-season games is generally improving. So long as at least the playoff semis and finals are available on a national network, that's OK with me.

But I wholly agree that the ESPN broadcasters were uninterested, unprepared clowns. Give them the Joe Buck Treatment: turn down the TV audio and listen to the local radio guys.

LakesBison
January 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
time for NDSU to go FBS and get real exposure.

or have me do the play by play with Urses & Willie!!

darell1976
January 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
time for NDSU to go FBS and get real exposure.

or have me do the play by play with Urses & Willie!!

FCC would have a field day with you.xlolx