PDA

View Full Version : How much have you donated this year to your school?

GaSouthern
May 30th, 2006, 09:25 AM
How much have you donated, or plan to donate, this year to your school???

AppGuy04
May 30th, 2006, 09:36 AM
This outta be interesting

bkrownd
May 30th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Uh, I have alumni association memberships. Otherwise, Nature Conservancy gets all my moolah.

SoCon48
May 30th, 2006, 10:07 AM
1 thou. But not this coming year. They removed numbered parking to the 1600 level at ASU.

colgate13
May 30th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Maroon Council (football) and Silver Puck (hockey) memberships push me past the $100 marker.

DUPFLFan
May 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Drake is non-scholarship so I pay the tuition bill xidiotx

TheValleyRaider
May 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Drake is non-scholarship so I pay the tuition bill xidiotx

My family is with you on that. :nod:

buckp
May 30th, 2006, 10:35 AM
A little slow getting started this year on my donations (I wonder why?), but I need to contribute to both the new McNeese field-house and the John Marino Memorial Scholarship Fund....:o

ButlerGSU
May 30th, 2006, 10:36 AM
As a GA I can only afford $120 a year right now. I split the total into $60 for Southern Boosters and $60 to the annual fund.

TexasTerror
May 30th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Got my Life Membership to the Alumni Association...

Once things settle financially for me, I'll be able to put more $$$ into it...

HIU 93
May 30th, 2006, 11:26 AM
High five figures.

Pard4Life
May 30th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Maroon Club for general athletics and Marquis Society for the school.

Go...gate
May 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Maroon Council, Annual Fund, usually less than $500 total.

bodoyle
May 30th, 2006, 12:40 PM
2 bills

jmuroller
May 30th, 2006, 12:45 PM
High five figures.

WOW! High five figures. I guess that means at least $60,000? If you don't mind may I ask what you do? That is alot of money.

HIU 93
May 30th, 2006, 12:50 PM
WOW! High five figures. I guess that means at least $60,000? If you don't mind may I ask what you do? That is alot of money.

Currently, I work in government contracting. Its all about saving and investing in the right places. I have been doing that for about twenty years.

WMTribe90
May 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I give something every year (less than $100). As much as I love WM and WM football, humanitarian, religious and environmental organizations compete heavily for the limited charitable giving I can muster. College athletics is a worthy cause to be sure, but pales slightly IMO to starving/homeless people or preserving natural landscapes and wildlife for future generations. Hopefully future earnings will allow me to give amply to all the above.

GeauxColonels
May 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Got my Life Membership to the Alumni Association...

Once things settle financially for me, I'll be able to put more $$$ into it...

I'm sorta in the same boat as you TT; HOWEVER, I can't - in good conscience - contribute to the school while the current president is at Nicholls State. He failed to listen to both the MAJORITY of the student body and the alumni and got rid of the mascot. I refuse to donate to the alumni association as they stood by and did nothing.

I love my school and I go to as many athletic events as possible each year. But the school administration and athletic department administration must change before I consider digging into my pockets. I would MUCH rather make donations to Nicholls versus LSU as they need the funds more.

GaSouthern
May 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I am 21 yr old and am in the third bracket, and its just because of GSU's recent head coach hire and my support of him, but I will always stick to this minimum for future contributions.

(excuse my spelling)

roadwarrior
May 30th, 2006, 01:48 PM
My contribution to NDSU is for 1/2 of the cost of a scholarship. For 06-07 that will be $5500. In return i get 2 complimentary tickets to football, mens and womens basketball, volleyball, wrestling, baseball and softball.

Tribe4SF
May 30th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I'm above a grand, which doesn't all go to football or sports. Of course when you add in auction items, golf tournaments, etc., it goes up quickly from there. And then there's my 20 season tickets, QB Club dues and parking, "welcome back dinner"......:eek:

Brad82
May 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM
about $500 per year-football and BB. It never does any good.

GaSouthern
May 30th, 2006, 04:13 PM
alot of 5000+ im surprised

CatFan22
May 30th, 2006, 04:16 PM
alot of 5000+ im surprised

Wonder how much of those considered that as part of tuition? I thought about putting that just to be funny because I am paying tuition, but I wonder how many people actually think that.

MarkCCU
May 30th, 2006, 04:32 PM
I'm in the Alumni Assoc. i'm still trying to make ends meet month-month and pay off $33,000 in student loans

blackfordpu
May 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Fresh out of college, got married, bought a house and a new car and now having a baby. I have no money to spare!:)

griz37
May 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Fresh out of college, got married, bought a house and a new car and now having a baby. I have no money to spare!:)

It looks a lot of people are on this board are givers, maybe they could help you out BFPU. :thumbsup:

DTSpider
May 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I give something every year (less than $100). As much as I love WM and WM football, humanitarian, religious and environmental organizations compete heavily for the limited charitable giving I can muster. College athletics is a worthy cause to be sure, but pales slightly IMO to starving/homeless people or preserving natural landscapes and wildlife for future generations. Hopefully future earnings will allow me to give amply to all the above.

Leave it to a W&M guy to make you feel guilty. He's right about all the other things in the world to give money to. However, hopefully my money at UR will be spent to help give other kids the opportunity to help make a difference as well.

However, definitely still enough left over for season tickets, scholarship programs and alumni memberships.

MR. CHICKEN
May 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
STARVIN'...HOMELESS.......SHUDDA GIVEN TA RHODEY....AWK!

ButlerGSU
May 30th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I'm in the Alumni Assoc. i'm still trying to make ends meet month-month and pay off $33,000 in student loans

Jeez! How did you attend a public university and still rack up $33,000 in loans? I'm not trying to judge because in GA we are blessed by the HOPE scholarship which paid my undergrad tuition for four years but still...wow, $33,000.

rokamortis
May 30th, 2006, 09:28 PM
SC has high in-state tuition due to lack of state funding. It is nearly twice as expensive as GA or NC. They really need to do something about it.

SoCon48
May 30th, 2006, 09:45 PM
SC has high in-state tuition due to lack of state funding. It is nearly twice as expensive as GA or NC. They really need to do something about it.

ASU $3199
CCU $5270

ButlerGSU
May 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
wow, that is high. It's almost what out of state tuition is in Georgia.

MR. CHICKEN
May 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
AH'VE GIVEN DUH....BLOOD...SWEAT...&...TEARS.......PAID DUH PARKIN' FEE.......TICKET FEE.......SHIPPIN' FEE......SINCE 1986.....RAISED MAH CHOLESTEROL COUNT.....BY 123 POINTS.........EATIN' DUH DELAWARE DAWGS........LOST......COUPLE O' HUNDRED DUCATS.....TRYIN' TA COVERAH DUH SPOT......UNTOLD $' ON DUH BEER TAB........FUEL ADJUSTMENT?.............AH SHUDDA BOUGHT STOCK IN CHI-CHI'S...HOT SALSA......DROPPED COUPLE UH JACKSON'S & GRANT'S ON SWEATS AN' TEE'S.....YEAH...GUESS YA COULD SAY...AH GAVE........:(......BRAWK!

rokamortis
May 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
ASU $3199
CCU $5270

You might want to try to use some recent numbers. And Coastal is one of the lowest tuitions in the state. That is with the lowest amount of aid per student. Winthrop is nearly 2K more a year.

Coastal - $6,860
App State - $3,436
Georgia Southern - $3,462

Tod
May 30th, 2006, 10:07 PM
AH'VE GIVEN DUH....BLOOD...SWEAT...&...TEARS.......PAID DUH PARKIN' FEE.......TICKET FEE.......SHIPPIN' FEE......SINCE 1986.....RAISED MAH CHOLESTEROL COUNT.....BY 123 POINTS.........EATIN' DUH DELAWARE DAWGS........LOST......COUPLE O' HUNDRED DUCATS.....TRYIN' TA COVERAH DUH SPOT......UNTOLD $' ON DUH BEER TAB........FUEL ADJUSTMENT?.............AH SHUDDA BOUGHT STOCK IN CHI-CHI'S...HOT SALSA......DROPPED COUPLE UH JACKSON'S & GRANT'S ON SWEATS AN' TEE'S.....YEAH...GUESS YA COULD SAY...AH GAVE........:(......BRAWK!

I was thinking the same thing. :nod: :nod:

GSUhooligan
May 31st, 2006, 12:17 AM
Do the $300 in athletic fees count? (Fall, Spring, and Summer)

McNeese72
May 31st, 2006, 07:58 AM
If you guys are counting alumni dues and not only donations to the athletic department, I voted in the wrong category. Need to subtract one from the third choice and add one to the fourth choice.

Of course, if you count season tickets to all sports, parking passes, etc., I'm probably somewhere between $3000 and $3500.

Doc

Demon Fan
May 31st, 2006, 09:56 AM
Inclusive of Athletic Association, Alumni Association, Season Tickets, etc., I suppose that I only help NSU with about $2,500 in the average year.

65 Pard
May 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
Here's what I dont agree with about the fund drives....They want you to contribute money while they charge $40,000 for an education that cost them maybe $25,000 so that they can give the left over $15,000 to someone as a financial aid.....Not really fair to the poor parents who have saved up for years and make sacrifices to shell out the full $40K. Falls under the category of redistribution of wealth.....

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Here's what I dont agree with about the fund drives....They want you to contribute money while they charge $40,000 for an education that cost them maybe $25,000 so that they can give the left over $15,000 to someone as a financial aid.....Not really fair to the poor parents who have saved up for years and make sacrifices to shell out the full $40K. Falls under the category of redistribution of wealth.....

Bingo Pard! :nod: You are being rewarded for behaving financially irresponsibly. I do believe in giving money to some students who are excellent academically and have tremendous potential, yet come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds. What I truly and hatefully despise are families with considerable wealth and assets getting substantial financial aid in the form of grants...and yes the stories are true.. having graduated fairly recently.. alot of people have complained about Lafayette financial aid.

Pantherpower
May 31st, 2006, 04:44 PM
Has anyone made a provision in their estate for athletic scholarships or funded one outright?

skinny_uncle
May 31st, 2006, 08:37 PM
Do blood, sweat and tears count?

DEX
June 1st, 2006, 12:47 AM
So far $1,780

$1,000 for booster (Victory Club) membership and $780 for 6 season tickets.