PDA

View Full Version : Europe?

DetroitFlyer
January 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Dayton's Steve Valentino, (Switzerland) and James Vercammen, (Sweden), are going to play in Europe. They will be Dayton's first players to play professionally in Europe. I know some other PFL players have played in Europe in the past, (Drake's Scotty Phadavong). My understanding is that you do not get rich, but you get to play the game you love and see Europe while you are there. I have to believe that many other former FCS players have or will be playing there.... Any insight on the European game?

James's team: http://www.europlayers.com/ViewProfileTeam.aspx?ProfileId=10127

Steve's team: http://www.europlayers.com/ViewProfileTeam.aspx?ProfileId=9912

TheRevSFA
January 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Jeremy Moses (2010 Payton Award Winner) is playing in Switzerland.

udchuck
January 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Jeremy Moses (2010 Payton Award Winner) is playing in Switzerland.

Jeremy Moses played for the Calanda Broncos of Switzerland last year,I'm not sure he's still there.

HailSzczur
January 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
What kind of leagues are there in Europe? Haven't heard much about football in Europe since the NFL Europe folded, haven't heard of anything but the CFL.

Followed it a bit when Brian Finneran was playing in NFL Europe with the Barcelona Dragons

HenZoneNation
January 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
We had a receiver playing Germany this year...I think. His father posted it on gohens...I'd like to see football expand.

udchuck
January 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
It's a shame Steve Valentino (From Dayton) is playing Football in Europe,with his Talent he would be a great prospect for the Canadian Football league or even the Arena league. perfect fit for the Gladiators of Cleveland. but I'm happy to see he will play football somewhere, he should be very effective in Europe. Good luck,Steve and stay healthy.

TheRevSFA
January 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Jeremy Moses played for the Calanda Broncos of Switzerland last year,I'm not sure he's still there.

Nope, he's now the QBs coach at SFA!

udchuck
January 18th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yes,I saw Jeremy had left the team but I didn't know where he went to.Great move for him,This could be a start of long coaching career for Jeremy.Thanks for the INFO.

DetroitFlyer
January 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
Reggio Emili Hogs - Italy

And a third Dayton Flyer heads to Europe to play football, Devon Langhorst.

Steve is in Switzerland, James is in Sweden and Devon is in Italy.