PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's Game Prediction - North Dakota State vs Sam Houston State

FootballCEO
January 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJujGZKhERE

Happy New Year and Good evening AGS!! Here's my Championship Game Preview Video

Enjoy!

Em

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Whew! I can breathe easy now. The Czar's pick is in!

ursus arctos horribilis
January 4th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks again Emory for these previews you've provided. It is really appreciated that you put the time and effort into doing these for us.

I think this game go as you said but seeing SHSU survive the kind of punishing lines we had makes me think it may just be there year. Gonna be great this Saturday!

SeattleGriz
January 5th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Thanks again Emory for these previews you've provided. It is really appreciated that you put the time and effort into doing these for us.

I think this game go as you said but seeing SHSU survive the kind of punishing lines we had makes me think it may just be there year. Gonna be great this Saturday!

I agree. After ragging on SHSU all year, they really showed they have some great weapons that take too long to shut down, and by that point, the other team is too far behind to win. Was thinking NDSU, but as the playoffs progressed, I am thinking SHSU now.

FootballCEO
January 5th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the opportunity Chief! If SHSU can avoid the mental lapses that almost cost them the Montana game...this could go into Overtime.. The Griz game could've been a blowout but mental breakdowns in the secondary allowed Montana to come roaring back

SeattleGriz
January 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the opportunity Chief! If SHSU can avoid the mental lapses that almost cost them the Montana game...this could go into Overtime.. The Griz game could've been a blowout but mental breakdowns in the secondary allowed Montana to come roaring back

You're now talking crazy and all Diggy.

...allowed Montana...please.

So kidding. Thank you for the insight you have given all year!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2012, 07:23 AM

You may be right but IMO, both of our lines are better than the Grizz lines. Bison have a very different run game compared to UM.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 5th, 2012, 11:24 AM
There were as many mental breakdowns and bad angle's and specifically giving the ball to SHSU for that easy three to counteract what you say there brother. That game went as it did but watching the teams play and the level of talent I can't see the blowout either way.

DJKyR0
January 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
There were as many mental breakdowns and bad angle's and specifically giving the ball to SHSU for that easy three to counteract what you say there brother. That game went as it did but watching the teams play and the level of talent I can't see the blowout either way.

No one saw a blowout in the NDSU-GSU game either. :)

(Fairness in Plugging Act - didn't see it in the SHSU-Montana State game either)

Bearkat-Backer
January 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM

What can look to be a bad angle can often be attributed to the speed of the RB/WR. All year people have been talking about how their defense took bad angles on our guys, but most of them were just flat outrun.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 5th, 2012, 12:25 PM
What can look to be a bad angle can often be attributed to the speed of the RB/WR. All year people have been talking about how their defense took bad angles on our guys, but most of them were just flat outrun.

Oh, no doubt about that. Doesn't matter though we didn't adjust the defense to account for that quick enough and were getting bit by it in the first quarter. Your defense did the same thing a few times and got bit for it. The game turned out as it should have SHSU made fewer of those mistakes at the crucial times in spite of the fact that they were making other peralty mistakes.

The last couple of years Montana has had a penchant for getting bit in the first 1/2 and closing in the second. This time we made a huge mistake in FG range that we had to pay the fiddler for.

It was not gonna be a blowout if SHSU quit making mistakes because we also continued to make them although it was cleaned up a bit.

In other words it was a regular football game.