PDA

View Full Version : 2006 SHSU Bearkat promos

DuckDuckGriz
May 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
These might have been posted but I figured I would link them anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pjT0YWRxM&search=sam%20houston%20state
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cjoNJgRhI&search=sam%20houston%20state

Sly Fox
May 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Just like the SE Louisiana spot, the video looks great. And once again, the announcer sucks. With all of the great voiceover talent out there, these are the best the schools can come up with?

Is the spot running on cable systems in Huntsville & Montgomery County?

TheValleyRaider
May 29th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Just like the SE Louisiana spot, the video looks great. And once again, the announcer sucks. With all of the great voiceover talent out there, these are the best the schools can come up with?

I'm pretty sure they aren't real promos, just something some kid put together. They still look pretty good, but I think I remember TT or someone else from Sam complaining about how the university really doesn't promote the team quite like that.

blackfordpu
May 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they aren't real promos, just something some kid put together. They still look pretty good, but I think I remember TT or someone else from Sam complaining about how the university really doesn't promote the team quite like that.

It isn't a kid that puts them together, he is a RTV student at Sam. He puts together highlite films during the season that are great! Very accomplished in the RTV department.

kats89
May 29th, 2006, 08:24 PM
BFPU is right, it is not a kid doing these videos. He is currently a student at Sam Houston in the RTV dept. and has won several national awards this past school year for his work. He basically took it upon himself to do these and the athletic dept. caught a glimpse of his work and he put together some recruiting videos for various sports.

kats89
May 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM

Not sure about the cable systems, but he did say it was not the final product yet. I think he has someone in mind to do the final voice over for him.

Sly Fox
May 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
They need to get cut down to 30 seconds to run on the cable systems. Like I said, the video was excellent. Hopefully the voiceover guy completes the package.

TexasTerror
May 29th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, the student is great at production. In fact, he just completed his sophomore year. He's not going to have any problem getting a job.

I think in the last year, he's really established some good relations with those in the athletic department and has done several projects (year in review video for the end of year reception, football recruit video and various basketball videos).

Not the best voice for voice-overs, but production is definitely key. Having interned at the #1 station in Houston, I saw great editors who put together amazing pieces/segments and then had people just walk in and read the voice-over.

He doesn't have

SHSU in the past has run promos/spots on the local cable systems in the area. I think that if SHSU were to pick up the spot they'd definitely run it there again.

May 29th, 2006, 10:18 PM
hhhhhhhhhh

A sophomore in college is still a kid. :nod:

DuckDuckGriz
May 29th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I agree, it would be so much better with a different announcer. I like what he's done with the visual stuff but -- a voice can make all the difference.

Keith Jackson's bored these days -- maybe a trip to Huntsville? :D

chrisattsu
May 29th, 2006, 10:52 PM
It seems like TT normally posts news stories from other schools before their fans do, I am glad to see someone beat him to the punch on this one.:D

Also, I thought Tool was an interesting choice for the music, its not something you normally hear. I had to check my winamp to make sure it wasn't playing.

TexasTerror
May 30th, 2006, 07:03 AM
It seems like TT normally posts news stories from other schools before their fans do, I am glad to see someone beat him to the punch on this one.:D

Nope. Was posted on another thread...the Southeastern "Beast is Unleashed" thread. Not the You Tube link though...:nod:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10229&page=2