PDA

View Full Version : Normal colored new turf? That's unpossible!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM
You can keep your blue/red/purple turf. It won't hurt as much but it's going to look GOOD!

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2011/12/29/2jeffbig-pic2.jpg

TheRevSFA
December 29th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Thank GOD.

I'm sorry but the midfield at the Fargodome is the ugliest in NCAA. I think this is much better and will look great. Congrats!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Thank GOD.

I'm sorry but the midfield at the Fargodome is the ugliest in NCAA. I think this is much better and will look great. Congrats!

You can blame that on the City of Fargo. They came up with that dopey logo and tried to assert their dominance by painting it as big as they could on the field.

No_Skill
December 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I really like the yellow endzones.

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
You can blame that on the City of Fargo. They came up with that dopey logo and tried to assert their dominance by painting it as big as they could on the field.

What does that pinwheel have to do with Fargo? As a Fargo taxpayer (since 1999) I demand they get rid of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
What does that pinwheel have to do with Fargo? As a Fargo taxpayer (since 1999) I demand they get rid of it.

It's sales taxes that pay for it, you are no more a contributing taxpayer than my 9 year old niece.

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
It's sales taxes that pay for it, you are no more a contributing taxpayer than my 9 year old niece.

If they want the name Fargodome fine, but a logo that has nothing to do with the city or the team that plays in it is stupid.

MplsBison
December 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Why are they using the old logo at midfield?

The new logo is much better.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM
If they want the name Fargodome fine, but a logo that has nothing to do with the city or the team that plays in it is stupid.

Ok, I didn't want this to devolve into a study in graphic design but it's actually quite typical of public arenas. They tend to make little sense beyond being recognizable. You know that logo is the Fargodome's, that's its intent. Mission accomplished.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Why are they using the old logo at midfield?

The new logo is much better.

This was covered over at Bisonville. That is the new logo. NDSU underwent a radical change in branding about 10 years ago. they went from the old vertical "Snorty" logo to a more horizontal "Snorty 2.0" type logo. It's the same logo they have on the helmets. The Bison Head logo was used as a alternate logo but isn't considered the "main"

MplsBison
December 29th, 2011, 01:08 PM
This was covered over at Bisonville. That is the new logo. NDSU underwent a radical change in branding about 10 years ago. they went from the old vertical "Snorty" logo to a more horizontal "Snorty 2.0" type logo. It's the same logo they have on the helmets. The Bison Head logo was used as a alternate logo but isn't considered the "main"

Pffft - says who? A bunch of Bisonville rubes?

Message board talk is nothing more than water cooler talk. There is nothing official about it.

The only people who post on message boards are people who don't have a say in how anything is worked out. If they actually had a say in it, a seat at the table, then they wouldn't need to talk about it on an internet message board.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Message board talk is nothing more than water cooler talk. There is nothing official about it.

The only people who post on message boards are people who don't have a say in how anything is worked out. If they actually had a say in it, a seat at the table, then they wouldn't need to talk about it on an internet message board.

A new face joined the Herd as North Dakota State University Athletics unveiled a new secondary logo today during a ceremony at the new Scheels store on 45th St.

Troy Goergen, associate athletic director of marketing and media relations, stated NDSU athletics was looking for a more "user-friendly" logo that is a better fit for certain merchandise applications. The new logo is more vertical and three-dimensional.

Designed by Fargo’s CI Apparel, the new logo will be used on a variety of items on display this afternoon including T-shirts, sweatshirts, polo shorts and hats.

The new logo will also be displayed on this season’s football road pants, several game day polo shirts, baseball caps and baseball jerseys.

"It’s perfect timing," said Goergen.

"It’s not uncommon for businesses, colleges and organizations to refresh or upgrade their graphics package to stay current with their brand image."

NDSU athletics will continue to use its current logos and believes this mark will compliment an already strong and existing graphic package.

The current NDSU athletics graphic package was introduced during the 1999 summer.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=344257&SPID=714&SPSID=12289

MTfan4life
December 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Having a business own the name of the field only gives it a tough ring if it's a tough business. Ford Field sounds tough. Gate City Bank Field sounds like a perfect place to hold graduation for the School of Accounting.

ASUMountaineer
December 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM

They say the first step is admittance. Congrats on completing the first step. xsmileyclapx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Having a business own the name of the field only gives it a tough ring if it's a tough business. Ford Field sounds tough. Gate City Bank Field sounds like a perfect place to hold graduation for the School of Accounting.

It's not the field that needs to be tough, it's the men standing on top of it. Already got that covered.

MTfan4life
December 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM
It's not the field that needs to be tough, it's the men standing on top of it. Already got that covered.

It's ok to admit your stadium got jobbed on the name, but thanks for the Friday Nights Lights type words. Also, it's fun to have a cool sounding stadium without having to resort to corny lines. Sure Louisville is great at basketball, but it must suck to have to represent the KFC Yum! Center.

TheRevSFA
December 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
It could be worse..

They could have been 1800-FLOWERS Field, Kotex Stadium, Lane Bryant Field, Marshall's Arena...

All are businesses that would have probably loved to have their name on the NDSU field.

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Thank GOD.

99.9% of Bison fans agree with you on this one. This field will look so much better

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Tell that to TCF Bank Stadium. That is a damn fine venue.

cbarrier90
December 29th, 2011, 02:39 PM
What is up with all these schools changing the turf to match the color of their uniforms? Make it stop! ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 02:41 PM
What is up with all these schools changing the turf to match the color of their uniforms? Make it stop! ;)

That was my original point. I think it was kind of novel when Boise did it all those years ago but EWU is not only ugly but it's a total copy of BSU and not original at all. UCA's is absolutely absurd. I get that you can make turf any color you want, that doesn't mean you should.

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM
http://pw0nd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/i_see-500x377.jpg

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 02:43 PM
That was my original point. I think it was kind of novel when Boise did it all those years ago but EWU is not only ugly but it's a total copy of BSU and not original at all. UCA's is absolutely absurd. I get that you can make turf any color you want, that doesn't mean you should.

Have you seen EWU's field now? It has turned an ugly shade of light red, almost pink.

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM
You can keep your blue/red/purple turf. It won't hurt as much but it's going to look GOOD!

Gate City Bank Field? So thats where my mortgage money is going.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 02:56 PM

that makes me even happier! Should have gone to Alerus I guess.

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
that makes me even happier! Should have gone to Alerus I guess.

I should get discounted tickets.xlolx

Sam_Kats
December 29th, 2011, 03:05 PM
So, which school is better..............ND or ND State? xlolx

NDSU_grad
December 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Do you have a question about your mortgage?

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Do you have a question about your mortgage?

xlolx

NDSU_grad
A new face joined the Herd as North Dakota State University Athletics unveiled a new secondary logo today during a ceremony at the new Scheels store on 45th St.

Troy Goergen, associate athletic director of marketing and media relations, stated NDSU athletics was looking for a more "user-friendly" logo that is a better fit for certain merchandise applications. The new logo is more vertical and three-dimensional.

Designed by Fargo’s CI Apparel, the new logo will be used on a variety of items on display this afternoon including T-shirts, sweatshirts, polo shorts and hats.

The new logo will also be displayed on this season’s football road pants, several game day polo shirts, baseball caps and baseball jerseys.

"It’s perfect timing," said Goergen.

"It’s not uncommon for businesses, colleges and organizations to refresh or upgrade their graphics package to stay current with their brand image."

NDSU athletics will continue to use its current logos and believes this mark will compliment an already strong and existing graphic package.

The current NDSU athletics graphic package was introduced during the 1999 summer.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=344257&SPID=714&SPSID=12289

This will not be proof enough for mplsbison.

darell1976
So, which school is better..............ND or ND State? xlolx

The school with Dakota in it.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM

Hey now....let's not be dragging SDSU and USD into this... :D

Hammerhead
December 29th, 2011, 03:24 PM
If you are wondering, the bank is called Gate City because Fargo is the gateway to the west. (Sorry St. Louis)

Fargo changed it's main logo to look like the meandering Red River, but the coppers still use the gateway logo.

http://imageserv9.team-logic.com/store-logic/products/222/3448/904.jpg

darell1976
December 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hey now....let's not be dragging SDSU and USD into this... :D

I could've said the one with North Dakota in it.:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM

Notice how he didn't say UND? It's because he knows better.

BEAR
December 29th, 2011, 05:03 PM

How original. I think Southeastern Louisiana had the green thing going for them looooooong ago. xlolx

Vitojr130
December 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
How original. I think Southeastern Louisiana had the green thing going for them looooooong ago. xlolx

Oh man, I'm sure glad we didn't line our field with purple and gray stripes! It would look like a bruise! Now who could want to do that...

sgt smash
December 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Me too. That's OK with me though as at least its for a good cause. Jay Krabbenoft (I believe that is his name) of Gate City Bank is a very generous man and does alot for the community that Gate City doesn't get their name on as well.

Big Dawg
December 29th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Well...technically it is team colored turf...just sayin

Jazzman1522
December 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
I could have sworn that I heard somewhere that the NCAA outlawed fields that were any color but green a few years ago, while allowing Boise State to keep their blue field (Which I think is pleasant to look at, incidentally). Then, I see EWU come out with their eye sore and ever since I've been confused about that whole thing and my vision's been slightly worse.

Willie
December 30th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Have you seen EWU's field now? It has turned an ugly shade of light red, almost pink.

WTF are you talking about? You obviously know nothing outside of the MVC.

Cleets
December 30th, 2011, 10:42 PM

I heard it had lightened up also..?
is that true or a rumor - do tell

Willie
December 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
All you have to do is look at photos from their home games this year to tell...

gotts
December 30th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I heard it had lightened up also..?
is that true or a rumor - do tell

Happens when the flow lightens, as I'm told...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2011, 07:06 AM

I don't have to know anything outside the MVFC to know that dark or light, that red field is the stupidest f'ing thing I have ever seen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2011, 08:51 AM
The field design looks very good.

This has been needed for many years. Other teams started to use the old Astro-Turf as a recruiting tool against the Bison.

Willie
December 31st, 2011, 11:39 AM
I don't have to know anything outside the MVFC to know that dark or light, that red field is the stupidest f'ing thing I have ever seen.

But lemme guess, you like Central Arkansas' turf? Oh wait you probably don't even know who they are.

UNIFanSince1983
December 31st, 2011, 12:14 PM
For the record, it is still team colored turf. This is very much the same as EWU using red. How can the NCAA let a green team have green turf? Come on! ;)

darell1976
December 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
For the record, it is still team colored turf. This is very much the same as EWU using red. How can the NCAA let a green team have green turf? Come on! ;)

Would you rather see a yellow turf...I suppose it would hide the penalty flags.xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2011, 12:54 PM
But lemme guess, you like Central Arkansas' turf? Oh wait you probably don't even know who they are.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned purple in my OP. Reading is Fundamental.

Jazzman1522
December 31st, 2011, 03:29 PM
Would you rather see a yellow turf...I suppose it would hide the penalty flags.xlolx

My eyes hurt just thinking about it.