PDA

View Full Version : University of Northern Colorado facility upgrades in progress...

ncbears
May 28th, 2006, 06:01 PM
As we head into the Big Sky, we're finally going to see upgrades in our facilities. Our athletic website has updated pictures and descriptions on what's going on in our campus. I am personaly excited about the upgrades in our basketball arena. New seats and a new daktronics score board. Here's the link. Enjoy the pics.

http://uncbears.cstv.com/genrel/052806aad.html

dbackjon
May 28th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Excellent news!

DaBears
May 28th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I don't see anything about renovations for the football stadium. I thought they were going to at least install field turf.

NoCoDanny
May 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
From what I have heard the second phase of the project will include expanded seating and a new field house in the south end zone of Nottingham. I believe this is a '07 or '08 project. I haven't heard anything about field turf with the exception of the 2 field turf practice fields that are being installed this summer.

ncbears
May 29th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I think we might be adding things to Nottingham IF there's money left over for a phase 2.

aggie6thman
May 29th, 2006, 11:48 PM
How many people does Nottingham seat? What are the facility upgrades that are taking place right now? Hopefully it goes faster than our upgrades!

NoCoDanny
May 30th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Current official capacity is 8,500 although more can be seated in temporary bleachers when needed.

Improvements include:

Soccer complex with two lighted fields and field house, refurbish of seating of old football facility
New indoor volleyball and basketball practice facility
Two new lighted field turf practice fields with new field house
Tennis courts rebuild
Basketball arena remodel with new theater style seats, concession stands, restrooms, sound system, score board.

A few other things and more detail at the link above.