PDA

View Full Version : AGS LOTTERY!!!

GreatAppSt
May 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Ya get one pick n' one pick only. We'll find out who is Carnac, or is blood kin to Miss Cleo in 06. entries no later than the 6th of June. The question is who do you think will be crowned Da Champs in December???

I'll start it off and my pick much as it pains me to say is.............(drum roll)............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

The Furman Paladins.

Jackluv
May 26th, 2006, 10:08 PM
hmm good choice thats for sure.

but im gonna hav to saaayyy

UNH!!! santos will once again be unstoppable

MR. CHICKEN
May 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM
GRIZZWOLDS......DAMN IT!...............:(......BRAWK!

CatFan22
May 26th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Northern Iowa Panthers.

BigDukeDawg
May 26th, 2006, 11:23 PM
i know this is horrible... but i actually think that JMU has a great shot

Reed Rothchild
May 26th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Good to see the A-10 homers starting it up early!

CatFan22
May 26th, 2006, 11:38 PM
i know this is horrible... but i actually think that JMU has a great shot

It was a tossup for me between them and UNI. But, alas, I went with UNI. I would like to see them win a title.

X-Factor
May 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
UNH

FargoBison
May 27th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Montana

mainejeff
May 27th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Montana

Tod
May 27th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Wait a minute! Montana got two votes for #1, but already three here?

:confused: :confused: : smh : : smh :

Make it four, but I chose the Griz as my #1.

Grizo406
May 27th, 2006, 04:14 AM

Make that five, Tod, unless UNH, Georgia Southern, Colgate, or Delaware decide that they really want a late season run.:D

More than a little off topic here, but mainejeff's pick of Montana got my pea-brain in gear. I NEVER thought I'd appreciate, or agree with his point of view, and that's based solely on his seemingly endless attacks on President Bush.

I read an article today where Bush said he regretted some of his “tough talk” — such as saying Osama bin Laden was wanted “dead or alive” and challenging America’s enemies to “bring it on.”

As much as it pains me to say it, I think mainejeff might be right!

Hopefully...it'll be the Griz!

AppGuy04
May 27th, 2006, 08:56 AM
UNH

Demon Fan
May 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Northern Iowa - With the exception of Iowa State, their "tough" games are at home and most of the road games considered cake walks. All this for a very good #3 ranked team that looks to be peaking at the right time.

Golden Eagle
May 27th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Northern Iowa

ButlerGSU
May 27th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I like UNI as well.

slostang
May 27th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I think App State is as loaded as anyone, but repeating is tough. I think that UNI and UNH have the offense, but what about defense winning championships? I think Cal Poly is loaded and can make a deep run, but their first trip to the playoffs was just last year and they have a tough road back with two IA on the schedule and no auto-bid. I honestly think any of the top 10 to 15 teams have a good shot at it and to win it takes some luck and no major injuries.

If I had to pick one it would be Montana.

RabidRabbit
May 27th, 2006, 12:53 PM
I think App State is as loaded as anyone, but repeating is tough. I think that UNI and UNH have the offense, but what about defense winning championships? I think Cal Poly is loaded and can make a deep run, but their first trip to the playoffs was just last year and they have a tough road back with two IA on the schedule and no auto-bid. I honestly think any of the top 10 to 15 teams have a good shot at it and to win it takes some luck and no major injuries.

I suspect that the Rabbits will have played the NC this upcoming year.
My bet is on the winner of the Montana/Poly game. UNI is right there also. And yes, unfortunately, the team that lays the only loss in I-AA on Poly won't be playing for the title, because they're transitioning. UNI, be happy that that game with NDSU didn't work out.

Sorry need to add single choice - Poly

mainejeff
May 27th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Wait a minute! Montana got two votes for #1, but already three here?

:confused: :confused: : smh : : smh :

Unfortunately Tod, I was not able to submit my Pre-Season AGS Poll (which I was really looking forward to). I was in Tennessee......visiting and buying some property. Looks like I may be well within driving distance of Chatty in the near future. With my luck they'll decide to move the NC just as I arrive there :mad: (would serve me right after all of my badmouthing that place). I hope that ralph still allows me to participate in the regular season polls.

For the record......I see Northern Iowa as the runner-up and UNH and Delaware as the other teams in the Final 4.

May 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Unfortunately Tod, I was not able to submit my Pre-Season AGS Poll ...The preseason poll does not count as a "strike" against you if you did not vote. The main thing (no pun intended) is to register by 8/15 for the regular season polls.

GOKATS
May 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Northern Iowa

GaSouthern
May 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Vermin Paladins

JohnStOnge
May 27th, 2006, 07:10 PM
New Hampshire.

PantherMan
May 27th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I have to be a homer and go with UNI. I would like to see a UNH-UNI championship. That would game would have some offensive fireworks!:twocents:

ngineer
May 27th, 2006, 11:57 PM
For me it comes down between UNH and UNI, and I have to go with Santos. He won on the West Wing, too, so I figure that was a premonition.:D

Eaglegus2
May 28th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I will say that...........................................

APP STATE REPEATS

slostang
May 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I will say that...........................................

APP STATE REPEATS
Eaglegus2, how high are the eagles going to soar this season?

nevadagriz
May 28th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Montana if not them then cal poly! I sure have gained alot of respect for the stangs the last three years.
final answer Montana.

ISUMatt
May 28th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Ill be the Homer...Illinois State, we are good...that should be the team motto :)

SunCoastBlueHen
May 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM
I have a gut feeling that the Cowboys of McNeese State are going to rise up and take it all this year. (the Hens are a year away ;) )

walliver
May 28th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I hate to say it, but ... The Furman Purple Barneys.

Of course I keep hoping that last year was just a dream and the Terriers will rise again and bite those horsey people.

Georgia Southern is a wild card, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a couple up front but come on at the end - the real question is if they lose enough games early on to keep them out of the play-offs

VictorG
May 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Got to be another homer here and say Montana.

Reed Rothchild
May 28th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Montana - UNI in the final.

UNH doesn't get out of the quarters, again.

griz&beer
May 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
what does Ralph think? I have to go Griz, it is in the Blood, but Call Polly looks like a team that can win it all.

Eaglegus2
May 28th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Eaglegus2, how high are the eagles going to soar this season?

We will take the Mountaineers in Paulson, then lose to them in a rematch in the semi's.:rotateh:

Just my opinion!!!!!!!!

MarkCCU
May 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Furman

May 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM
It will definitely be one of the teams mentioned in my sig... :)

DaGriz
May 29th, 2006, 12:40 AM
It will definitely be one of the teams mentioned in my sig...

You'll probably be the winner.

If we stay healthy I think the Griz have as good of a shot as anybody. Injuries, especially at QB, could be devestating. If that happens I hope we just make the playoffs. If not us than I have to think UNH. Santos and Ball should be a force to reckon with this year. GSU has a new "O" they are installing but you can never count them out. Cal Poly proved a lot last year when their QB went down and they didn't lose a beat. Noble could have a huge year at running back as well for the Stangs.

I pick:

1. Montana if healthy
2. UNH if UM not healthy
3. Cal Poly
4. GSU as the sleeper

gr8ness97
May 29th, 2006, 02:55 AM
lol a transitioning team like WSSU will win it for the first time...

on a serious note, im going for UNH

Gil Dobie
May 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Destiny's Children :eyebrow:

UNI over Youngstown for the Championship

dbackjon
May 29th, 2006, 11:46 AM
UNI-UNH final - with UNH winning.

MountaineerDrive
May 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM
homer/deja vu pick
Appalachian State over UNI...Marques Murrell returns a fumble for the winning touchdown this time, and UNI hates us as much as any other purple team in the land.

PantherMan
May 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM
homer/deja vu pick
Appalachian State over UNI...Marques Murrell returns a fumble for the winning touchdown this time, and UNI hates us as much as any other purple team in the land.

:nono: :D

chattanoogamocs
May 30th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Looks like I may be well within driving distance of Chatty in the near future. With my luck they'll decide to move the NC just as I arrive there :mad: (would serve me right after all of my badmouthing that place).

Oh, the IRONY! xlolx

GannonFan
May 30th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm going with Montana.

89Hen
May 30th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Good to see the A-10 homers starting it up early!
Funny to go back and see this comment as only 1 out of 5 A10 posters picked an A10 team while 6 Montana fans picked the Griz and Reed himself chimes in with "Montana - UNI in the final". xlolx

BTW, make it 2 of 6 A10 homers as I'm going with UNH. :p

Uncle Buck
May 30th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I'm going out on a limb with Southern Illinois.

89Hen
May 30th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I'm going out on a limb with Southern Illinois.
With 8 of 22 returning starters, I'd say so...

http://www.naturefirsttreecare.com/upload_files/whatsnew/1132607448_Joe%20out%20on%20a%20limb%20pse%2011210 5.jpg

OL FU
May 30th, 2006, 09:34 AM
UNH:nod: :nod: :nod:

PantherRob82
May 30th, 2006, 02:07 PM
i'm thinking uni-montana with uni coming out on top.

slycat
May 30th, 2006, 05:01 PM
UNI....i'd like to see these guys win. they were a fun team to watch.

Poly Pigskin
May 30th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I'm surpised to see so many Poly picks with the schedule that we have. 3 away games in a row at that other SDSU, Montana, and NDSU could easily mean we miss the playoffs altogether.

As for my pick, I'm going to go with UNH.

slostang
May 31st, 2006, 01:15 AM
I'm surpised to see so many Poly picks with the schedule that we have. 3 away games in a row at that other SDSU, Montana, and NDSU could easily mean we miss the playoffs altogether.

As for my pick, I'm going to go with UNH.
The sad thing is we may have our best team yet and we could possibly miss the playoffs if we lose both I-A games. If that were to happen, Cal Poly also has a game against DII Fort Lewis and that would only leave eight I-AA games. You need at least seven Division one wins to qualify for the playoffs and Cal Poly will not get an auto-bid if they win their conference. This would mean that we could only lose one of the I-AA game. That will be tough with away games against Weber State, 4th ranked Montana and 12th ranked NDSU and a home games against 20th ranked UC Davis and a very good SDSU team. The other I-AA games are @ Sac State, Southern Utah and Savanah State. It would be nice to pick up a win against San Jose Sept. 23rd and give Cal Poly some breathing room.

Tod
May 31st, 2006, 01:23 AM
The sad thing is we may have our best team yet and we could possibly miss the playoffs if we lose both I-A games. If that were to happen, Cal Poly also has a game against DII Fort Lewis and that would only leave eight I-AA games. You need at least seven Division one wins to qualify for the playoffs and Cal Poly will not get an auto-bid if they win their conference. This would mean that we could only lose one of the I-AA game. That will be tough with away games against Weber State, 4th ranked Montana and 12th ranked NDSU and a home games against 20th ranked UC Davis and a very good SDSU team. The other I-AA games are @ Sac State, Southern Utah and Savanah State. It would be nice to pick up a win against San Jose Sept. 23rd and give Cal Poly some breathing room.

And a 7-4 team won't make the playoffs most likely, unless they have an auto-bid. This is where I think a D-II win can help.

Grizo406
May 31st, 2006, 02:20 AM
...Cal Poly also has a game against DII Fort Lewis...

No matter how you do in this game, you're still going to take some heat for playing them. We hung 55 points on Fort Lewis, with at at best, a very mediocre offense, and the Mustang's offense, this upcoming season, looks to be far from mediocre.

Besides Iowa, Cal Poly is the only game I'm worried about for the Griz this year.

GreatAppSt
January 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry it has taken so long to bring this back up but with my move new job and house I honestly forgot about going back to look up the winners of the 2006 lottery.

And they are (Drum roll........)

Georgia Southern's ..Mr. EagleGus2:bow:
Appalachian States..Mr. MountaineerDrive:bow:

You three will carry the label of Carnac for the 2007 prediction season great job:thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

ISUMatt
January 20th, 2007, 12:42 PM

How did he win?

GreatAppSt
January 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
How did he win?

Ooops my bad for fast scanning. Thanks for the catch Matt see edit.:)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Funny to go back and see this comment as only 1 out of 5 A10 posters picked an A10 team while 6 Montana fans picked the Griz and Reed himself chimes in with "Montana - UNI in the final". xlolx

I noticed that too!! And that when he made the initial post it was only one JMU poster picking the Dukes. Now, if a JMU fan hadn't picked the Dukes, then that would have be a news flash!

BTW, make it 2 of 6 A10 homers as I'm going with UNH. :p

Even after MaineJeff put his personal whammy on my Wildcats (and your Hens)?!!!! :p xlolx

NDSUFREAK
January 20th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Montana

Bison05
January 20th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Montana

NDSUFREAK, that has got to be the worst job of predicting I have ever seen. To predict the National Champion wrong after it has already happened is horrendous. xlolx xlolx xlolx

NDSUFREAK
January 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
NDSUFREAK, that has got to be the worst job of predicting I have ever seen. To predict the National Champion wrong after it has already happened is horrendous. xlolx xlolx xlolx

oops, i was thinking that this was predicting the chamions for the next season. I dont know what I was thinking there.

GSU Just One More Time
January 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM
My Eagles ( I can Dream) I gotta go with the 2 time defending champs App. St.

Bison05
January 20th, 2007, 04:51 PM
oops, i was thinking that this was predicting the chamions for the next season. I dont know what I was thinking there.

I kinda figured that, but thought I'd have a little fun with it anyway;)

bobbythekidd
January 20th, 2007, 06:30 PM
My Eagles ( I can Dream) I gotta go with the 2 time defending champs App. St.
Just a tip from your Uncle Bob
Even though I make bonehead posts sometimes, I can generally cut down on the amount of them by starting at the beginning of a thread.:smiley_wi

ngineer
January 20th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Seems about time for you 'n I....;)

Eaglegus2
January 20th, 2007, 11:27 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I cannot believe I have finally won a contest.:D xlolx xlolx xlolx

I will get my crystal ball polished up for the next prognosticating event.:rotateh: :beerchug: :beerchug:

ASU Kep
January 21st, 2007, 03:47 AM
Us or Montana.

Death Dealer
January 24th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Ya get one pick n' one pick only. We'll find out who is Carnac, or is blood kin to Miss Cleo in 06. entries no later than the 6th of June. The question is who do you think will be crowned Da Champs in December???

I'll start it off and my pick much as it pains me to say is.............(drum roll)............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................

The Furman Paladins.

I'm loving the support, but I have to put my vote on a THREEPEAT for the mountainqueers....can anyone stop Armanti? Not so far!

JDC325
January 24th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Armanti State Mountaingoats.

Ronbo
January 24th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Montana will come closer in 2007. We were very young in 2006.

OL FU
January 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
For Furman, I can think of at least three (maybe four) years we should have won the NC and didn't. So I am ready for a year where we shouldn't win the NC and do:nod:

saccat
January 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
From my heart...Montana State

From my head...App State.

TheBisonator
January 24th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Northern Iowa

Sir William
January 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
My heart says...Furman. :hurray:

My head says...Appalachian. :bow:

Jackluv
January 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
JMU

Mountaineer
January 24th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I'm gonna go with Montana or Northern Iowa. :nod:

Don't think there's anyway ASU can keep up with the expectations again this year. :bawling:

KiddBrewer
January 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
ITS FINALLY APPALACHIAN'S TURN!

KiddBrewer
January 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
oh wait.....

proasu89
January 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna go with Montana or Northern Iowa. :nod:

Don't think there's anyway ASU can keep up with the expectations again this year. :bawling:
I like how your playing us down. Let's sneak up on them.:smiley_wi

jmufootball2
January 25th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Gotta say no way UNH, going with UNI or JMU.

Death Dealer
January 25th, 2007, 01:04 PM
xlolx I didn't even notice this was last years lottery! Seems like I wasn't the only one to fall victim though.:smiley_wi I say we just keep on going....who needs a new thread when the old one will do!

appfan2008
January 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
My heart says... APP ST

My head says... APP ST

Dont you love how that works

THREE PEAT!!!