PDA

View Full Version : Too Important for the Lounge

LBPop
May 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Not to put down that wonderful part of AGS that brings us such uplifting threads as "Bikinis", but I thought this was worth posting here.

The remarkably well informed and classy Hoya Alum that we know as DFW Hoya maintains an outstanding site/blog entitled HoyaSaxa. For several years he has posted a wonderfully reflective piece that puts Memorial Day in perspective and might offer a little insight into his truly great Alma Mater, Georgetown University. Please take a moment to click on this link and read today's message--I think you will appreciate it.

For this and all of his other contributions, I thank our Texas Hoya. :beerchug:

http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/football.htm

OL FU
May 26th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Very nice.

I never knew how Georgetown got its colors.

putter
May 26th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Excellent site and a great way to preserve the great heritage of the school.

Tribe4SF
May 26th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I clicked on the link, but where do I find today's message?

LBPop
May 26th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I clicked on the link, but where do I find today's message?

My respect for William & Mary keeps me from offering the first answer that I thought about writing...;) :rolleyes:

It's the Memorial Day 2006 item dated May 26, 2006. Upper middle of the page. Have a great holiday weekend.

Go...gate
May 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM
That is really beautiful!

Best to all for a safe and happy weekend.

May 26th, 2006, 02:54 PM
this site is listed in the "essential I-AA links" link at the top of this site, click on fan zone of I-AA.org.

henfan
May 26th, 2006, 03:01 PM
With all due respect to the other I-AA siteowners out there, DFW Hoya's site is still my favorite.

A happy Memorial Day weekend to all my friends here on AGS. Be safe.

LeopardFan04
May 26th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks for posting yet another thoughtful post LB...and thanks for DFW and all the others for hosting such informative sites...Have a good weekend everyone...