PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins - NDSU or Sam Houston State?

BisonLakes
December 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Brock Jensen vs. Tim Flanders. The Bison D vs. the Kats speed. 13-1 vs. 14-0. Without a doubt the 2 best teams in FCS.

Who wins on January 7 in Frisco?

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
As the first to vote in this poll, I proudly proclaim NDSU. We are the best. We proved it today.

jackattack030
December 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM
North Dakota State isn't ready for Sam Houston States speed.
SHSU 31
NDSU 21

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 07:30 PM
North Dakota State isn't ready for Sam Houston States speed.
SHSU 31
NDSU 21

Yeah, they really weren't ready for JMU's speed or GSU's speed either. Then it turned into "Wow, NDSU's defense is really fast".

Next....

Saint3333
December 17th, 2011, 07:55 PM
I've seen GSU, JMU, and SHSU play. SHSU has more speed on offense than any FCS program I've seen since the 2007 ASU team.

BEAR
December 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I think Sam has too many weapons. On offense and defense. That will be the difference. Sam by a SLIM margin.

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Every team we've played against have been a group of atomic supermen who would beat the Packers by 80. At least that's what we've been told right before the Bison sent each of them out of Fargo with turf shoes shoved up their anuses toe-first. PLEASE keep underestimating us. It serves us well.

ngineer
December 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I think this can be a real 'classic' of a game. I've been very impressed with both teams, but I'm favoring the Bison in a close one. NDSU showed throughout the season and the playoffs an excellent defense. Plus, I think their OL will eventually wear down SHSU's DL, similar to what Montana's did over the course of their game. BearKats will certainly make noise with their speed and create some big plays, but overall, I'm picking NDSU, 31-27. Of course, that score is with the "turnover" range of error (i.e. a critical turnover being enough to shift the outcome).

GrizBowl
December 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
This will be a great game to watch. For the very first time, Im exited to watch a Div I Championship that doesn't involve the Griz Nation. Congrats to both contenders on this momentus occasion!

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I think both us and the Bison have a bit of a chip on our shoulder from being told we're going to lose each week. Of course, in our case, it's never worked out that way.

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Bison D had 1 week to figure out the triple option of GSU, they did. SHSU is a great team, but after what i saw tonight, I cant vote against the Bison D. Here's to a great game.

Vitojr130
December 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I've seen GSU, JMU, and SHSU play. SHSU has more speed on offense than any FCS program I've seen since the 2007 ASU team.
Really? Because I've seen all three of these teams in person and I really don't think anything of them compares to NDSU...

DJOM
December 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
SHSU is fast with many weapons. NDSU wins close contest because of defense.

If you score, you may win...If they never score, you will never lose----Defense wins championships.

Saint3333
December 17th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Really? Because I've seen all three of these teams in person and I really don't think anything of them compares to NDSU...

Yes really. When did you see SHSU play "in person" by the way?

Cleets
December 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I think both us and the Bison have a bit of a chip on our shoulder from being told we're going to lose each week. Of course, in our case, it's never worked out that way.

This ^
is what makes this game so damn good...
Both of theee teams have been shortchanged in the "credit due" department

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I think this can be a real 'classic' of a game. I've been very impressed with both teams, but I'm favoring the Bison in a close one. NDSU showed throughout the season and the playoffs an excellent defense. Plus, I think their OL will eventually wear down SHSU's DL, similar to what Montana's did over the course of their game. BearKats will certainly make noise with their speed and create some big plays, but overall, I'm picking NDSU, 31-27. Of course, that score is with the "turnover" range of error (i.e. a critical turnover being enough to shift the outcome).

You are saying that our DL got worn down?xlolx We rotate too many guys in and out. Montana ran a no huddle the entire game.

xrolleyesx Here we go again.

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Bison D had 1 week to figure out the triple option of GSU, they did. SHSU is a great team, but after what i saw tonight, I cant vote against the Bison D. Here's to a great game.

I promise, you haven't seen an offense like the SHSU offense. GSu runs more of a traditional triple option. SHSU runs more of a read option from the spread. BEWARE!!

Wilson16
December 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I promise, you have seen an offense like the SHSU offense. GSu runs more of a traditional triple option. SHSU runs more of a read option from the spread. BEWARE!!

Where have I herard that before? See GSU all week long.

Block-A
December 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I've only seen each team play once this year, so my opinion is extra-worthless.

I'm pulling for SHSU because I've found their posters to be, on average, generally less annoying than the NDSU posters. I'm hoping to see a good football game.

SHSU has the home field; advantage SHSU.

MR. CHICKEN
December 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM
16349.....AH'M LEANIN' TOWARDS DUH BISON......AS DEY HAVE X-PERIENCE FROM LAST YEARS DANCE.....GAME IS THREE WEEKS AWAY....HEAGLE'S GRUB HOOK...SHOOD BE REPAIRED......SMASH-MOUTH RUN GAME........DEFENSE WINS DUH BIG ONES.......DUH DOMERS GOT D....AWK!

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Where have I herard that before? See GSU all week long.

I say again....BEWARE!

littleguysingreen
December 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I watched the Mont./SHSU game and kept telling my son that we would match up better against Sam than they (Mont.) did. Mont. runs a spread/read type offense that tries to take it outside more than up the middle. Mont. didn't use their size advantage on the LOS to run it up the middle because that is not what they do. Mont. wasn't fast enough to get around the ends against the Bearkats.

NDSU on the other hand, runs the power running game between the tackles. We will use our size advantage and will move the football. It doesn't matter that you are faster than us. We don't need speed to run between the tackles and we will wear you down by the 4th quarter.

Your offense will get some yards, but you aren't any faster than Ga. S. and we will be able to contain you.

We will win this football game.

McNeese75
December 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Kats in a close one.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Don't think Sam is any faster than GSU but they will take care of the ball and they are better in fundamentals.

Hamburgers by 7.

bisonwest
December 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah, they really weren't ready for JMU's speed or GSU's speed either. Then it turned into "Wow, NDSU's defense is really fast".

Next....

It's like a broken record isn't it. News for everybody, your team may be fast but it doesn't mean ****. We still kickin your ***!

Bronco
December 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I don't know who will win
Two great teams
Overtime would be fun

People tuning in not familiar with FCS football will become interested

lionsrking2
December 17th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Sam has the better team IMO ... Kats by 10.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2011, 12:46 AM
So which side of the bracket was really easier? NDSU's average margin of victory in the playoffs is 21 points compared to 15 for GSU. NDSU's margin of victory has also increased each round going from 12 to to 24 to 28 points.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 12:58 AM
NDSU is big and slow and uncoordinated, SHSU by 53. Pass this on to the SHSU players please.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2011, 02:38 AM
I could see NDSU winning by as large oreven a larger margin than they did againstGSU. Line up and hit the texas idiots in the mouth. Remember they do a ton of holding illegal contact downfield and PI. So go into the game knowing that your WRs will be mugged and it wont get called.

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 02:52 AM
With our #2 WR coming back last night & possibly our #3 coming back for the ship, we should be in good shape. The healthiest we should be all season long. I can't wait for Frisco!

Oh and I have NDSU for this one. I CAN'T bet against this Defense. Not sure on the score yet. I'll figure that out later. Great season for both programs so far. Congrats to both teams!

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Don't know if Chuck Norris could stop SHSU, but the Bison will give it a shot anyway.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
If Sammy wins this game, I promise to stop picking against them ......... until next year. The Bison win this game.

blueballs
December 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
NDSU is solid in every aspect of the game and their team speed is VERY underrated. I see NDSU winning by at least two scores.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM
NDSU's defense is better than any defense SHSU has faced this year. Our power running game will wear them down and the Bison win this.

Bison 34-13

redspider
December 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I think Sam Houston State will win in a close one. But it will be a shootout! Does anyone know how many teams have gone undefeated in FCS?

bisonwest
December 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I think Sam Houston State will win in a close one. But it will be a shootout! Does anyone know how many teams have gone undefeated in FCS?

Tough to have a shootout if you can't score. Much like JMU, Lehigh, and now GSU, Sam Houston will not find the endzone nearly as much as they are used to. I have the utmost respect for the Bearkats. They have a great program and some of the best fans in the FCS, and like the Bison they deserve to be here. That said, "BEWARE" Sam Houston cuz you haven't faced a defense like this and playing in a quasi home game will only ensure that many of your fans will get to witness us hoist the title. GO BISON!

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I like being the underdog. Keep picking against us PLEASE! Our sophmores just keep winning........That is all.

Vitojr130
December 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Clearly, SHSU will win by a margin of approximately 70+ points. Have you seen how fast they are compared to the slow and bulky Bison? Didn't you see the way that GSU just walked down the field (literally and figuratively)? Or how about the best passing QB in the FCS, Chris Lum? I bet he would be the first person to say just how slow we are. Given the conference that SHSU comes from, they have easily the most quality wins out of the entire FCS. F***, they might as well join the SEC or somethin'!

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
This will be an epic matchup. You have Sam Houston State playing in their home state playing against a North Dakota State team that defeated a team who I felt was going to win it all this year. Based on that, I will pick the Bison in a very close game.

jim121256
December 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
After yesterday, I'm a believer. I know I thought that GS would bring a level of speed that would handle NDSU's defense. At this point, I'll just say that I'll believe SHSU can handle them only when I see it happen. Until then, my money's on NDSU.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Clearly, SHSU will win by a margin of approximately 70+ points. Have you seen how fast they are compared to the slow and bulky Bison? Didn't you see the way that GSU just walked down the field (literally and figuratively)? Or how about the best passing QB in the FCS, Chris Lum? I bet he would be the first person to say just how slow we are. Given the conference that SHSU comes from, they have easily the most quality wins out of the entire FCS. F***, they might as well join the SEC or somethin'!

Easy killer, nobody has said that. In fact, most people on here have already given the thing to yall. I guess that is why they play the game. See you in Frisco!

kingkat99
December 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
F***, they might as well join the SEC or somethin'!

Says the guy whose team has a thread on here about them being better than Alabama...xthumbsupx

BisonHype!
December 18th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Bison will be ready in 3 weeks to take care of business. SHSU is a good team, it will be a good victory to cap off the year. Win a championship and spoil a perfect season for SHSU.

kingkat99
December 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I kinda think we should just all save out time and money and just go ahead and give the trophy to the Bison myself. I mean with the best defense fcs football has ever seen and an o-line that can man handle the Green Bay Packers why even waste time playing the game.

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I kinda think we should just all save out time and money and just go ahead and give the trophy to the Bison myself. I mean with the best defense fcs football has ever seen and an o-line that can man handle the Green Bay Packers why even waste time playing the game.

Agreed

sgt smash
December 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM

Why don't you save those sour grapes for Jan 8th.

BisonHype!
December 18th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Why don't you save those sour grapes for Jan 8th.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

sgt smash
December 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
and an o-line that can man handle the Green Bay Packers why even waste time playing the game.

If the Chiefs can handle the packers I would honestly give the bison a chance.

BEAR
December 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Tim Tebow called and said Sam Houston by 7. I'll take his word. No one else has. xlolx

sgt smash
December 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Didn't you see the sign at the dome yesterday that said "Tim Tebow wears a Brock Jenson jersey when he goes to sleep at night"

kingkat99
December 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
hey what Timmy and Brock do at night is their business...

xcoach2
December 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Every team we've played against have been a group of atomic supermen who would beat the Packers by 80. At least that's what we've been told right before the Bison sent each of them out of Fargo with turf shoes shoved up their anuses toe-first. PLEASE keep underestimating us. It serves us well.

There was this one team from like a month ago that managed to get out of Fargo just fine.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM
There was this one team from like a month ago that managed to get out of Fargo just fine.

Seriously. I know you're just trolling but the Youngstown thing is seriously played out.

xcoach2
December 18th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Seriously. I know you're just trolling but the Youngstown thing is seriously played out.

Sensitive eh? I was just correcting Bisonator's misuse of "Every."

AppMAN04
December 18th, 2011, 04:05 PM
This is going to be a good game.. Its a toss up as far as I am concerned.. This is the backyard for SHSU so this I believe will be the difference..

SHSU 37
DE BISON 31

FargoBison
December 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
There will be a lot of Bison fans there...not sure SHSU will have much of a home field advantage.

Grizzlies82
December 18th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Their will be a lot of Bison fans there...not sure SHSU will have much of a home field advantage.

Sam Houston does not have any home field advantage. Althought it's in Texas, it is a neutral field in all ways.

The only advantage is SHSU fans can drive 250 miles to attend vs. the Bison fans who'll travel 1,200 miles. Though I doubt the distance difference will skew the make up of the crowd. The "Rabid Bison Fans" are hungry enough to show up enmass and I expect they'll have as many (or more) in the stands as Sam Houston does. Two great teams at a neutral site, this should be a good one!

Lunamonster
December 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
It should be obvious that I will be pulling for SHSU, considering I am a student there. Throughout this thread everyone has been talking about our offense, but not our defense. While our offense is phenomenal, so is the defense. I'm looking forward to an exciting close game from these two first time teams. Let the offense for NDSU run what they want. The Taylor Twins will be leading the new "Orange Crush" defense right at them. Looking forward to some great plays as well as some "Welcome to Texas" hits. EAT EM UP!!!

srgrizizen
December 18th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Given the fact that Montana won 3 of 4 quarters against SHSU and that NDSU handled GSUs option rather handily, I have to agree that they will probably win. SHSU will pack the LOS to make NDSU throw, and NDSU will not have as easy a time running the ball as they think. But they will throw with enough success to loosen up the SHSU defense and win IMHO. However, I agree with the poster who noted that NDSU has more obnoxious fans than SHSU (though no more than UM), so I'm going to root for SHSU. Either way, we will have a winner who has never been there before - nice to spread the fun and enthusiasm. Both teams are already winners.

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2011, 06:03 PM
As a fan of the only common opponent of both of the championship teams (Western Illinois), I pronounce myself expert of nothing in particular and use numbers and logic to say that NDSU will win by 2 points.
SHSU beat WIU by 14 points
NDSU beat WIU by 16 points
16-14 = 2

Numbers don't lie. :P

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM
As a fan of the only common opponent of both of the championship teams (Western Illinois), I pronounce myself expert of nothing in particular and use numbers and logic to say that NDSU will win by 2 points.
16-14 = 2

That being said....that 4th quarter was irritating. Shouldn't have happened at all. Too much prevent/let up. It appears they learned something from that game as you can see in the playoffs.

b_f_c_99
December 18th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I gotta think NDSU should win this one, with 3 weeks to scheme up a defensive solution. I think the Griz would have faired better with a bye week or two, but what play em when they say you play em.

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
That being said....that 4th quarter was irritating. Shouldn't have happened at all. Too much prevent/let up. It appears they learned something from that game as you can see in the playoffs.

THIS! We were up BIG in the 3rd quarter but then just stalled in the 4th... I don't see that anymore in the playoffs. Keep it rolling Bison!

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2011, 07:29 PM
NDSU by 7, in a defensive struggle.

NDB
December 18th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Our defense might befuddle, muddle, and leave offenders standing in their own puddle. It does not, as a practice, struggle.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 18th, 2011, 07:36 PM
After watching the NDSU defense, it's the real deal. They shut down GSU's offense pretty well. I expect them to do the same against SHs version of the option.

Sam_Kats
December 18th, 2011, 08:09 PM
After watching the NDSU defense, it's the real deal. They shut down GSU's offense pretty well. I expect them to do the same against SHs version of the option.

Don't see it happening but that's why they play the games, huh?

Let's see........Montana St defense was supposed to be legit. 400+ yds later................

Then there's the MIGHTY GRIZ DEFENSE.......................287 by Mr Flanders & the Kats are moving on.

No mistake that the Bison are in the Title game...13-1 says they belong. I just think some folks are underestimating BOTH sides of the ball for the Kats. Should be a good one.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I can honestly say I wasn't worried about GSU and I'm not worried about SHSU.

Seven Would Be Nice
December 18th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Don't see it happening but that's why they play the games, huh?

Let's see........Montana St defense was supposed to be legit. 400+ yds later................

Then there's the MIGHTY GRIZ DEFENSE.......................287 by Mr Flanders & the Kats are moving on.

No mistake that the Bison are in the Title game...13-1 says they belong. I just think some folks are underestimating BOTH sides of the ball for the Kats. Should be a good one.

We didn't think so either. We torched ODU and Maines highly touted Defenses. NDSU is on another level. They had great preparation for our option attack. I expect them to do the same to you guys.

Either way, I'm just glad we can settle it on the field.

Agentorang312
December 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Sam will pull this one out, for all of Bearkats everywhere. This is a dream matchup for the committee they picked it right. Fritz and CO have 3 weeks, and he will get it done. NDSU will be tough but watching these Bearkats all year they are a team of disciplined, perfect execution, and hard nosed tough men. I am ALL IN. See yall in Frisco.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2011, 09:10 PM
What does the 3 week break have to do with anything? The Bison don't run some unusual offense that teams have never seen before and they only needed a week to figure out how to shut down the best offense Alabama faced all year. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM
What does the 3 week break have to do with anything? The Bison don't run some unusual offense that teams have never seen before and they only needed a week to figure out how to shut down the best offense Alabama faced all year. :)

This^^^

Add to all those qualities experienced and tested and you have the Bison.

BisonBohl
December 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM

Biggest thing the 3 week lay off does is allow for players to get back up to full strength and get over any injuries that may be lingering.

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Like Jensen's turf toe and flu that didn't keep him from running for 56 yard to the end zone against that GSU speed we were supposed to be afraid of?

Biggest thing the 3 week lay off does is allow for players to get back up to full strength and get over any injuries that may be lingering.

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM

Excellent analysis. I concur, especially with the disclaimer of the outcome being potentially contingent upon a poorly timed turnover or two.

Bottom line, we'll be treated to a Championship contest featuring two teams largely unappreciated and/or underrated during the season, but two squads who have converted legions of non-believers with their respective runs through, around, and over three worthy opponents to reach Frisco. To both universities -- Well done!! xthumbsupx

Sambow
December 18th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Excellent analysis. I concur, especially with the disclaimer of the outcome being potentially contingent upon a poorly timed turnover or two.

Bottom line, we'll be treated to a Championship contest featuring two teams largely unappreciated and/or underrated during the season, but two squads who have converted legions of non-believers with their respective runs through, around, and over three worthy opponents to reach Frisco. To both universities -- Well done!! xthumbsupx

Going to be great. I still think our Kats will win this thing in a close one.

justintyem
December 18th, 2011, 11:24 PM
North Dakota St.(2011) wins 77 of 100 matchups against Sam Houston St.(2011)

Projected Score: North Dakota St. 28 Sam Houston St. 20

Margin of Victory: 8 Points http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

Southern Bison
December 18th, 2011, 11:47 PM
However, I agree with the poster who noted that NDSU has more obnoxious fans than SHSU (though no more than UM), so I'm going to root for SHSU. Either way, we will have a winner who has never been there before - nice to spread the fun and enthusiasm. Both teams are already winners.

NDSU has 8 National Titles - we've deifinitely Been there!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 06:02 AM
North Dakota St.(2011) wins 77 of 100 matchups against Sam Houston St.(2011)

Projected Score: North Dakota St. 28 Sam Houston St. 20

Margin of Victory: 8 Points http://nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

Just to answer any naysayers. I ran that simulation 3 times with NDSU at SHSU and they won an average of 62 out of 100 games by a margin of 4 pts. It appears that the simulator gives a pretty good home field advantage but NDSU seems to have the edge.

kingkat99
December 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Just to answer any naysayers. I ran that simulation 3 times with NDSU at SHSU and they won an average of 62 out of 100 games by a margin of 4 pts. It appears that the simulator gives a pretty good home field advantage but NDSU seems to have the edge.

Good thing we aren't all paying money to show up and watch a "simulated" football game on a computer then huh....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Good thing we aren't all paying money to show up and watch a "simulated" football game on a computer then huh....

Yep. Just a little something to get us through the layoff. :D

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 10:01 AM
16-14 = 2

Great Point! Although I would like to add NDSU won by 16 on the road, SHSU won by 14 at home. As a Bison fan that game feels like it happened a long time ago, and for SHSU it was their opener.

xcoach2
December 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Great Point! Although I would like to add NDSU won by 16 on the road, SHSU won by 14 at home. As a Bison fan that game feels like it happened a long time ago, and for SHSU it was their opener.

For the sake of adding something totally irrelevant I'd just like to say that Western Illinois was the worst offensive team Sam played this year. They totalled about 150 yards of offense and 75 of it came on a fade pass where Daxton Swanson fell down. I can't believe that bad Western Illinois team put up 20+ pts on NDSU. Sam completely owned them.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Are there any injured players that SHSU is looking to get back for this game?

NDSU hopes to have a couple key contributors back with starting FS Daniel Eaves and WR Trevor Gebhart both having a chance to play. The layoff will also help out some guys like Jensen, Heagle, Smith, and Gimmestad who have been playing hurt.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 10:33 AM

NDSU hopes to have a couple key contributors back with starting FS Daniel Eaves and WR Trevor Gebhart both having a chance to play. The layoff will also help out some guys like Jensen, Heagle, Smith, and Gimmestad who have been playing hurt.

This is like some kind of gift from above. 3 weeks to get healthy AND gameplan? Whew!

Cleets
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM

We all saw how Heagle plays hurt... sweet mother of jeebus...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM

I saw him haul down a pick late in the ISUb game with a much bigger cast on his hand. He's not just good against the run.

Cleets
December 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I saw him haul down a pick late in the ISUb game with a much bigger cast on his hand. He's not just good against the run.

That kid is possessed - you might want to get him checked out by a specialist or something

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Very true, maybe they should leave the cast on even after his thumb heals xlolx

Both he and Jensen had incredibly gutsy performances.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
That kid is possessed - you might want to get him checked out by a specialist or something

If you look back at the whole of the season you will see that there are several star performances throughout. Not just Heagle but Marcus Williams against Minnesota. John Pike against UNI. Lots of big game players making big game plays.

That is why the <14 ppg is real.

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 10:43 AM
For the sake of adding something totally irrelevant I'd just like to say that Western Illinois was the worst offensive team Sam played this year. They totalled about 150 yards of offense and 75 of it came on a fade pass where Daxton Swanson fell down. I can't believe that bad Western Illinois team put up 20+ pts on NDSU. Sam completely owned them.

NDSU was up 34 to 0 half way through the 3rd quarter and then Western Illinois got rolling and put 3 nice drives together. There was not enough time left for Western to make it interesting however.

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It's gonna be a great Title game but I think NDSU getting by Ga Southern is huge. I think Ga Southern is a better team than Sam Houston St. I hope NDSU can keep the defense playing like they did. They are looking tough and I'm loving it especially since I live in Sioux Territory.

putter
December 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
With the way NDSU played against GSU's option I give this one to the Bison. In the 2nd half against Sam, they Griz tightened up their D and gaps and were able to handle the Katz. It's all about discipline with the option and I think NDSU will be disciplined the entire game, unlike Montana's 2 1/2 quarters of discipline.

NDSU -- 24
SHSU -- 14

Vitojr130
December 19th, 2011, 11:22 AM
If you look back at the whole of the season you will see that there are several star performances throughout. Not just Heagle but Marcus Williams against Minnesota. John Pike against UNI. Lots of big game players making big game plays.

That is why the <14 ppg is real.

^Yup. Don't forget that we have all of them for a few more years to come! Almost everyone is a sophomore or younger that is starting!

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I think Sam..but by 3...very close game.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 11:48 AM
All I am hearing is about the #1 Bison defense against the #1 Bearkat offense. What about the #2 Bearkat defense against the # ? (not top ten) Bison offense? Advantage: Kats
Kats 31 Bison 20

xcoach2
December 19th, 2011, 11:53 AM
In the 2nd half against Sam, they Griz tightened up their D and gaps and were able to handle the Katz. It's all about discipline with the option and I think NDSU will be disciplined the entire game, unlike Montana's 2 1/2 quarters of discipline.

You Griz fans are some of the saddest, morale victory fans I've ever seen. The Griz were beat up and down the field and outgained by over 100 yards. Sam was protecting a multiple score lead for nearly the entire game. Then ya'll couldn't stop Sam at the end while they burned 7 minutes of the clock. If Sam wouldn't have went uber conservative in the second half ya'll might have lost by 3+ touchdowns.

You can really pick out the posters that don't know **** about football when they start comparing GSU's option with Sam's. They're completely different schemes.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 11:57 AM
All I am hearing is about the #1 Bison defense against the #1 Bearkat offense. What about the #2 Bearkat defense against the # ? (not top ten) Bison offense? Advantage: Kats
Kats 31 Bison 20
The Bearkat offense has proven themselves to be every bit as good in the playoffs as they appeared in the regular season. The Bearkat defense not so much. They've given up 22.7 points on average in the playoffs. You won't see NDSU's offense near the top when it comes to yards gained but you will see them up there when it comes to points scored. That has a lot to do with the fact that they don't turn it over, are excellent at forcing opposing teams to turn it over, and are very good at getting TDs rather than FGs in the red zone. Red zone efficiency and turnover margin are the reason why NDSU averages well over 30 points per game and gives up less than 14. And neither of those factors show up in total yards gained/allowed.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Chaos you coming down for the game?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Kats 31 Bison 20

Let's look at playoffs - similar competition and home field situations

SHSU is scoring 38 ppg and allowing 22.6 ppg

NDSU is scoring 28.33 and allowing 7 ppg

Both teams met top 30 scoring offenses (GSU/Lehigh MSU/UM) and gave up 7 ppg and 20.5 ppg respectively

NDSU is allowing 52% less than its season average in the playoffs
SHSU is allowing 65% more than its season average in the playoffs
That tells a much different story.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Chaos you coming down for the game?
Yes sir, waiting to hear whether my group will get our tickets in NDSU's allotment or if we need to dig them up on our own. I'll be there in any case.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Points per game is what I was talking about, but that stat was for 14 games not just the 3 playoff games.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&conference=I-AA_all&year=2011

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Yes sir, waiting to hear whether my group will get our tickets in NDSU's allotment or if we need to dig them up on our own. I'll be there in any case.

I'm without tickets. I thought I was going to be in Canada and gave mine away...but I'm still tailgating without tickets.

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Kats 31 Bison 20

Bearkat #2 Defense? Are you talking your conference or nation???

The Bison offense usually churns out 24 to 28 points a game against quality FCS opponents like UNI and JMU, marked by long punishing drives in the second half. Our defense is also a big threat to score on turnovers.

I think your score prediction is accurate but I think the Bison will pull this one out by 2 scores.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I'm without tickets. I thought I was going to be in Canada and gave mine away...but I'm still tailgating without tickets.
We'll definitely be tailgating as well. Sounds like we're gonna do the 15.5 hour drive and bring (at least some of) our tailgate setup with us. We'll see you there xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Points per game is what I was talking about, but that stat was for 14 games not just the 3 playoff games.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=offense&conference=I-AA_all&year=2011

the 66 that SHSU hung on Lamar and the 56 that NDSU hung on St. Francis mean nothing now.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 12:14 PM
We'll definitely be tailgating as well. Sounds like we're gonna do the 15.5 hour drive and bring (at least some of) our tailgate setup with us. We'll see you there xthumbsupx

Looking forward to putting names and faces together.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
You Griz fans are some of the saddest, morale victory fans I've ever seen. The Griz were beat up and down the field and outgained by over 100 yards. Sam was protecting a multiple score lead for nearly the entire game. Then ya'll couldn't stop Sam at the end while they burned 7 minutes of the clock. If Sam wouldn't have went uber conservative in the second half ya'll might have lost by 3+ touchdowns.

You can really pick out the posters that don't know **** about football when they start comparing GSU's option with Sam's. They're completely different schemes.

You're right that they're different offenses however, I think the point he was trying to make was that if the Bizon play disciplined defense like they did against GSU they will have better success than Montana did. I think you pulled out of his comments what you wanted to.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
The nation, #1 in conference.

deez_na
December 19th, 2011, 12:59 PM
NDSU 27-17. I think NDSU has a better defense especially in the playoffs so far they have been looking even better. It's gonna be a tough game no matter what being played in Texas which will help Sam out with the fan count.

Cat79
December 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Sam Houston wins 31-21

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 02:19 PM
We've been underestimated all year - I'm liking these picks.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM

Can we all stop with the "poor me" bit? Both teams were underdogs going into the semis and both won. We don't have to be butthurt anymore.

gotts
December 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM

The selection committee really underestimated you based on your seeding xlolx

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
The nation, #1 in conference.

I didn't realize that about the SHSU defense. I think our schedule was more difficult but what does it matter? This will all get settled in January. See you in Frisco.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I didn't realize that about the SHSU defense. I think our schedule was more difficult but what does it matter? This will all get settled in January. See you in Frisco.

Did you and the rest of the Funky Bunch get good seats?

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
No one is butthurt here....I think you need to read my post again. I LOVE PEOPLE PICKING NDSU. Those same folks took Stony, MSU & Montana. That's all I was saying. How can I be butthurt................

14-0 and playing for a title.

Both teams deserve it. #1 vs #2

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Another SHSU Defensive fact- FCS Defensive Coordinator of the Year

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=TheRevSFA;1755534]Did you and the rest of the Funky Bunch get good seats?[/QUOTE

No tickets yet, waiting to see if we got some of the NDSU allotment. Not too worried yet about getting tickets.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2011, 03:17 PM
One thing for sure: with lots of orange, yellow, and green, this game should look great in HD. I may just stay tailgating and watch it on ESPN.

Montanan
December 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM
procrastinating till after the game, then will support the team with the most points. :D

bearkat pride
December 19th, 2011, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=TheRevSFA;1755534]Did you and the rest of the Funky Bunch get good seats?[/QUOTE

No tickets yet, waiting to see if we got some of the NDSU allotment. Not too worried yet about getting tickets.
if your allotment went like ours, you will be lucky to get them less than the 150 a seat i paid today. 249 (plus expensive fees) is the cheapest on stub hub right now.

MarkyMark
December 19th, 2011, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=MarkyMark;1755544]
if your allotment went like ours, you will be lucky to get them less than the 150 a seat i paid today. 249 (plus expensive fees) is the cheapest on stub hub right now.

I am hoping 15 years as a season ticket holder gets us some of those tickets, it we don't get any of the allotment we will figure something out.

You know once you make the decision to fly across the country, book a motel room and rent a car so you can see a football game - whats another $100 bucks?

Dakotaman
December 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM
OK I am another ND University alum. so will clarify that first off but second I am also a NDSU supporter so in watching both of the semifinal games only one team that is in this championship should be there. That being said NDSU will win and am predicting score of 34 21. IN the Montana/SHU game, SHU was given the game and was lucky to hold on to it. With three turnovers one being a gimme for points in the Montana readzone that in itsself decided the end of the game. Had it not been for that redzone turnoer and the other two turnovers both teams in this game would been traversing the nation north to south to play in TX. I also work with a GA native and all I heard of was how the south produces more division I players and GA in itself produces more division I running backs than any other state. Well it only took until we turned on the game and NDSU was already up 7-0 and things started to quiet down. Of course as the game went on it got silent because being from North Dakota we let our actions do our talking and that is exactly what happened in the NDSU Georgia Southern game. I read some posts of SHU supporters claiming that they were underdogs and were not expected to win some of their games which is pretty much what teams from ND have said to them all the time and probably so in all eight of the NDSU national championship seasons in the division II league but that being said all Eight still count. So let the SHU fans talk all they want and I'm sure it will go as usual and the Bison will let their action speak for them and TX will be silent shortly after the game starts as GA was.

Sam_Kats
December 20th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Ok - let's say UM would have won..................their argument would be you beat No Iowa by, what, a score? They DEMOLISHED them 48-10. Instead you have the team that BEAT UM.

Now what?

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
It's ok SK, he is a ND alum and NDSU supporter, that alone takes all his credibility away, couple that with him spelling like my 2nd grader and he's a freaking dumbazz..

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 05:52 PM
It's ok SK, he is a ND alum and NDSU supporter, that alone takes all his credibility away, couple that with him spelling like my 2nd grader and he's a freaking dumbazz..

Anyone who is either a North Dakota alum or an NDSU supporter (trust me, not the same thing) would NEVER refer to it as ND University. There is no such thing. You got trolled....dumbazz

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone who is either a North Dakota alum or an NDSU supporter (trust me, not the same thing) would NEVER refer to it as ND University. There is no such thing. You got trolled....dumbazz

touché...just noticed that.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
touché...just noticed that.

I've said this before about some posts but that is the most Nigerian scam email looking thing I have ever seen.

Htownbearkat
December 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
xsmhx
If Sammy wins this game, I promise to stop picking against them ......... until next year. The Bison win this game.

You have been spot on through out the playoffs.xsmhx

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
It should be obvious that I will be pulling for SHSU, considering I am a student there. Throughout this thread everyone has been talking about our offense, but not our defense. While our offense is phenomenal, so is the defense. I'm looking forward to an exciting close game from these two first time teams. Let the offense for NDSU run what they want. The Taylor Twins will be leading the new "Orange Crush" defense right at them. Looking forward to some great plays as well as some "Welcome to Texas" hits. EAT EM UP!!!

welcome aboard the bandwagon

ChristopherBearkat
December 20th, 2011, 08:31 PM
No, no - it's not a bandwagon. It's a recovery from the dark years when we had he-who-must-not-be-hired as a head coach.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
xsmhx

You have been spot on through out the playoffs.xsmhx

Sir Johnny come lately, what amazing predictions have you given us.....

Htownbearkat
December 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
welcome aboard the bandwagon

you have zero credibility. you picked us against SBU, MSU and the griz.

you made need to try moving to an SEC board.

Htownbearkat
December 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Sir Johnny come lately, what amazing predictions have you given us.....

your a wanker and hater. not to mention your team is watching on TV.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
you have zero credibility. you picked us against SBU, MSU and the griz.

you made need to try moving to an SEC board.

I confess, I have picked Sammy to lose every week but up until the bandwagon was full nobody seemed to notice. I have give Sammy some nice props but with all these new fans blown in the wind have made it easier to go with the Bisons....... Go Bisons, unleash that D on the Texas Kitties

SammyHouston
December 20th, 2011, 10:51 PM
As the first to vote in this poll, I proudly proclaim NDSU. We are the best. We proved it today.

By beating a mediocre (at best) Georgia Southern team? You have also proved this season that you can loose to anybody, anytime, anywhere (I'm speaking of that that one unranked team, of course).

The Orange by 10.

Twentysix
December 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
By beating a mediocre (at best) Georgia Southern team? You have also proved this season that you can loose to anybody, anytime, anywhere (I'm speaking of that that one unranked team, of course).

The Orange by 10.

We have a real winner here. The east coast is gonna **** a brick reading that one. xlolx.

MarkyMark
December 21st, 2011, 07:22 AM

The Orange by 10.

GSU is an awesome team. On a neutral field or at their stadium this is a different game. They were too one dimensional to play in our dome however.

YSU played a Whale of a Game that day in NDSU's only loss. I also felt the NDSU QB played his worst game, we had a very odd fumble on a breakaway run for a TD and I think our team had just plateaued there for a week or two after coming off a huge emotional win against UNI. NDSU was also very banged up at that point in the season.

I don't want to take anything away from YSU's win however. I am surprised YSU did not finish stronger this season but I think their team is made up of alot of JUCO transfers that were not able to put together a complete season. Look for YSU next year, I think they lose just 4 starters!

The last few weeks I have seen the Bison surging and improving each week. Hopefully we are peaking on January 7th!

Bison56
December 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM

The Orange by 10.

Do you even watch football? After reading some of your posts I can say that you have no clue about the game of football. You are an embarrassment to the team you claim to be a fan of. Do yourself a favor xshhhx

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM

The Orange by 10.

This has to be about thee dumbest post I"ve seen on this board and thats saying a lot!!!!

Bearkat-Backer
December 21st, 2011, 09:44 AM
I confess, I have picked Sammy to lose every week but up until the bandwagon was full nobody seemed to notice. I have give Sammy some nice props but with all these new fans blown in the wind have made it easier to go with the Bisons....... Go Bisons, unleash that D on the Texas Kitties

Be fair now. I have acknowledged you when you gave SHSU props and pointed out that you incorrectly pick against us every week.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah - I disagree with that too Caribbean. I noticed the week of Stony Brook. You've been a major part of this playoff run, my friend. Root for the Bison! xbowx

deez_na
December 21st, 2011, 09:54 AM
This has to be about thee dumbest post I"ve seen on this board and thats saying a lot!!!!

Yes it definately shows he doesn't watch much football.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Yeah - I disagree with that too Caribbean. I noticed the week of Stony Brook. You've been a major part of this playoff run, my friend. Root for the Bison! xbowx

you guys definitely need my help xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
Be fair now. I have acknowledged you when you gave SHSU props and pointed out that you incorrectly pick against us every week.

well that Stoney Brook game seemed to confirm my feelings about your team but it appears that was a mulligan for you guys but you lucked out and won it anyway