PDA

View Full Version : Sell Out?

Pages : [1] 2

TexasTerror
December 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Posted this on another thread, but seems SHSU fans are having a great degree of difficulty in securing tickets via the NCAA web site and GoBearkats.com at this point...

This all was happening before NDSU-GSU was even over and in some cases, even started!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Got our tickets 1/2 hr ago.

bkit29
December 17th, 2011, 05:26 PM
thats bull**** that tickets went on sale before both teams were decided, they should have waited till tomorrow

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
thats bull**** that tickets went on sale before both teams were decided, they should have waited till tomorrow

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be plenty. They didn't sell out last year and the "home" team can't sell out its own stadium.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Their are only endzone tickets left on the website.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Don't the schools get tons of tickets?

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 05:34 PM
NDSU should still have it's block that only NDSU's athletic office can sell?

For Friday's game, we came as pretty close to selling out as possible without filling up both hills. Our Alumni base is concentrated in DFW/Houston area. I imagine that with all the Southland fans in those areas that we'd have a pretty good crowd. That being said, I certainly hope that it doesn't prevent NDSU from finding good seats.

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
The athletic departments have to receive the number of tickets they bought for sale thru their ticket offices. NDSU isn't even close to having that done yet.

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
This is from SHSU'S website

THE 2,000 TICKETS RESERVED FOR BEARKAT FANS VIA PIZZA HUT PARK USING THE DESIGNATED PASSWORD AND LINK ARE SOLD OUT. However, tickets for the game may still be purchased through the NCAA. Tickets to the National Championship game in Frisco, TX are not directly available for purchase on GoBearkats.com but can be purchased at www.ncaa.com/tickets/

And they haven't even sent the student email about getting tickets yet...SHSU's tickets office has sold out of our block and I'm assuming they're holding the rest for the student sections?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
In the building is good enough for me!

Hammerhead
December 17th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Even the single tickets from ncaa.com are sold out. We bought a pair through stubhub to make sure we have some tickets and will try to get better seats through NDSU if there are any left after the team makers and season ticket holders probably get first pickings.

T-Dog
December 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
This is why we requested (and sold) 10,000 each year we made it to Nooga.

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I'd love to see a breakdown of what Stubhub has vs the ticket offices and NCAA

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
It would be great if they can sell out this game. All you fans get yourselves to Texas.
This should be a fun game with two excellent teams.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 07:40 PM
This is kind of why it needs to be in Omaha or something like that.

199 miles vs. 1030 miles If Montana would have won you would have had 2 teams tavelling literally across the country to get to the game.

BisonBabe
December 17th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Stopped at a WiFi hotspot after leaving the FargoDome and logged into my laptop to get our tickets. The seats are in the endzone but I am just happy we are going..

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Stopped at a WiFi hotspot after leaving the FargoDome and logged into my laptop to get our tickets. The seats are in the endzone but I am just happy we are going..

My friend literally sent a text to tell his wife to buy the tickets before he left the dome. Good on ya!

BEAR
December 17th, 2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2012-ncaa-fcs-football-championship-1-7-2012-2369154/

Stubhub has 89 tickets available from 87 to 299 dollars.

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
NDSU hasn't started selling their hold right? Did they get 2000 reg seats and 500 student tickets as well?

ngineer
December 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
What's the capacity?

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
20,000 people http://pizzahutpark.com/Home/AboutPizzaHutPark/FAQs/tabid/63/Default.aspx

I think if they could nudge a few more out if they added some temporary bleachers to the stage area to add capacity for more students, but I'm not an event planner so I'm not sure what's feasible.

Vitojr130
December 17th, 2011, 08:17 PM
How can I, as an NDSU fan, acquire 5 tickets to this game? Myself and 4 others plan on driving down. Anyway to do so? Gobison.com isn't telling me anything!

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think StubHub released some more tickets, they show 163 left http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2012-ncaa-fcs-football-championship-1-7-2012-2369154/

NDB
December 17th, 2011, 08:25 PM
How can I, as an NDSU fan, acquire 5 tickets to this game? Myself and 4 others plan on driving down. Anyway to do so? Gobison.com isn't telling me anything!

If you aren't a Team Maker you probably aren't going to be able to get tickets through NDSU.

bluehenbillk
December 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I thought people said Chatty was the only place that could draw for the NC game? :)

robsnotes4u
December 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Gene taylor, NDSU AD, said they will not know anything about tickets until after their 11 meeting with the NCAA on Monday. They will figure out charter flights and everything else after that.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Gene taylor, NDSU AD, said they will not know anything about tickets until after their 11 meeting with the NCAA on Monday. They will figure out charter flights and everything else after that.

bull**** the gobison website says NDSU tickets will be available for online ordering sunday at noon.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1524291

Gene lied to you.

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Guys, I am not sure what you are seeing. I'm not doubting you're having trouble getting tickets. Yet I can safely say the game is not sold out at this point (Saturday). This is only my guess work but I suspect this;

A. Somewhere out there are blocks of seats which have not been made available.
B. Some Georgia Southern and Montana fans bought tickets which they'll soon be offering for sale.

This game has the potential to sell out with a tough Southland team and rabid Bison fans (you know what should be done with rabid animals don't you? Well that is another thread). Though the odds of this game already being sold out has to be about zero. So get ready to grab tickets but don't panic yet.

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
We may be partly responsible for the freak-out. Both the NCAA ran out of tickets and our ticket office has already sold out our non-student allotment. It seems stubhub has the only non-blocked seats available and are releasing them a few hundred at a time.

katstrapper
December 17th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I had an easier time booking hotel accomodations. The online ticket thing thus far is a joke.

LakesBison
December 17th, 2011, 11:54 PM
We got stubhub tix and watched 100+ go off the site - in 20 min WOW

this game is a sellout and ndsu fans are takin JR EWING STADIUM OVER!!

chazg
December 18th, 2011, 01:01 AM
This game will be standing room only.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Not risking it.. too much on the line.. bought tix off stubhub for $225.

texcap
December 18th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Has it been announced which team will be on the press box side?

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
NDSU has 101-109 side

SHSU has 125-whatever

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I REALLY hope NDSU will reserve some seats for students. Otherwise I have no chance against all the teammakers.

LakesBison
December 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Haha my crew.is in sam houston side ...haha .f them

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 03:11 AM
I REALLY hope NDSU will reserve some seats for students. Otherwise I have no chance against all the teammakers.

The ticket office made it sound like there wont be student tickets. :(.

Stubhub them.

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 03:15 AM
The ticket office made it sound like there wont be student tickets. :(.

Stubhub them.
F#%k!!! I didn't wanna have to pay $90 for a ticket. I have tuition to pay for. I was planning on getting a 10-15 students and road tripping down. Now it's looking to be less and less possible.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 03:17 AM
F#%k!!! I didn't wanna have to pay $90 for a ticket. I have tuition to pay for. I was planning on getting a 10-15 students and road tripping down. Now it's looking to be less and less possible.

My girlfriend and I are planning about 750-800 a person.

We are also going to ORU for the basketball game.

The fees on stubhub are huge too, 2 90 dollar tickets was 225.

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 03:22 AM
My girlfriend and I are planning about 750-800 a person.

We are also going to ORU for the basketball game.

The fees on stubhub are huge too, 2 90 dollar tickets was 225.

Holy Jebus... A really good friends dad is a teammaker and got us tickets for the Gopher game this year with his priority points. Sooo I will try to tap into that resource. That is about my only chance other than having my life savings ripped out by stubhub.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Holy Jebus... A really good friends dad is a teammaker and got us tickets for the Gopher game this year with his priority points. Sooo I will try to tap into that resource. That is about my only chance other than having my life savings ripped out by stubhub.

Well the teammakers charter is 1339(a person), includes hotel and tickets etc.

Driving and making it a 5 day adventure is costing about 1500 for the two of us.

cougarpines
December 18th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I got mine last year directly from Pizza Hut Park. Give them a call. Did a good job last year.

LakesBison
December 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Lot of us in sect 123 &125

Wilson16
December 18th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Lot of us in sect 123 &125

Lakes, how did you get your tickets? Any extra?

grayghost06
December 18th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Wow...I'm surprised. Went by ticket office at the Frisco stadium on Wed and you could get 30 yd. line about half way up.

NDSU Fan
December 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Hello, to my fellow NDSU fans and to you also SHSU fans. I'm looking forward to an excellent game between two great programs, it should be a blast! I just had a couple quick questions, is there a particular hotel that most of the NDSU fans plan on staying at over the weekend, what is the best route to Fresco and how long will it really take? Lastly, is there any other events to check out during our travels that weekend?

-Thanks guys

BisonBabe
December 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hello, to my fellow NDSU fans and to you also SHSU fans. I'm looking forward to an excellent game between two great programs, it should be a blast! I just had a couple quick questions, is there a particular hotel that most of the NDSU fans plan on staying at over the weekend, what is the best route to Fresco and how long will it really take? Lastly, is there any other events to check out during our travels that weekend?

-Thanks guys

If you are heading out of Fargo the drive is 16-17 hours...we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Plano (closer hotels were too expensive or booked up) Taking off Thursday nights and staying in Sioux City IA then up early and off to Plano. Looking forward to seeing lots of Bison fans in Frisco....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Secured my tickets on gobison.com......Find out on the 23rd if I get them or not.

Hoping that being a TMer for the last 8 years will be enough to get tickets......

El Gato
December 18th, 2011, 05:12 PM
hmm...got 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, and 4 drinks for $100 back in early November. They actually called me since they had my info from last years petition to have Frisco host. Even though TxState is leaving the FCS, the guy talked me into it. Decided I'd enjoy some good football and make a great weekend out of it.

BisonBabe
December 18th, 2011, 05:15 PM
hmm...got 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, and 4 drinks for $100 back in early November. They actually called me since they had my info from last years petition to have Frisco host. Even though TxState is leaving the FCS, the guy talked me into it. Decided I'd enjoy some good football and make a great weekend out of it.

Wishing I would have been ballsy enough to get this 4 pack before the playoffs began but was afraid to jinx my team...instead I paid about $80 more and not hotdogs or drinks .... oh well such is life...

Strommer10
December 18th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I got my ticket in the NDSU section! We have 8 of us so far. Section 114

TheBisonator
December 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I bought two tix for me and my dad this morning, NDSU Sideline!!!!!!!!!!

BisonBohl
December 18th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I got my ticket in the NDSU section! We have 8 of us so far. Section 114

Do you know how many they set aside...debating about colldcting money from my group and getting them tomorrow or just go ahead buy them all tonight.

Grizo406
December 18th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I'd REALLY like to have the problem of getting/worrying about tickets for the NC game!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

GoBlue06
December 18th, 2011, 10:41 PM
there should be plenty of tickets...last year there was only like 14k there...granted both schools were literally on the OPPOSITE sides of the country and no where near TX...but...SHSU "should" be able to make this a home game...

X-Factor
December 18th, 2011, 11:19 PM
there should be plenty of tickets...last year there was only like 14k there...granted both schools were literally on the OPPOSITE sides of the country and no where near TX...but...SHSU "should" be able to make this a home game...

I would agree that SHSU will have more, but NDSU travels extremely well. I doubt it is a lopsided turnout.

Bronco
December 18th, 2011, 11:33 PM
For a few days before the game it will seem like only NDSU fans are in town
Day of the game cars will start pulling into the tailgate area and Sam fans will invade

Saw it in Chattanooga when one team was within driving distance

FargoBison
December 19th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Our AD is expecting about 10,000 Bison fans in Frisco, sounds like demand has been pretty crazy.

Strommer10
December 19th, 2011, 04:37 AM
For a few days before the game it will seem like only NDSU fans are in town
Day of the game cars will start pulling into the tailgate area and Sam fans will invade

Saw it in Chattanooga when one team was within driving distance

I can definitely see this. There will be a sea of Green & Gold coming down I-29 on the 5th & 6th of January.

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Our AD is expecting about 10,000 Bison fans in Frisco, sounds like demand has been pretty crazy.

Wonder if that'll be possible as far in the stadium tickets are concerned... with 20.5k tickets and high demand from SHSU (particularly with a solid DFW alumni population).

Cocky
December 19th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Pitt State appeared to bring 6-7,000 to Florence this weekend and its about 500 miles. Never saw a good picture of Wayne States crowd. NDSU normally brought good crowds to Florence which is about the same distance but without DFW.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I believe NDSU brought something like 6,000 to Wyoming a few years ago? This team travels well.

GoBlue06
December 19th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I would agree that SHSU will have more, but NDSU travels extremely well. I doubt it is a lopsided turnout.

Im still picturing the NC last year...UDs side completely filled...EWU sides only the middle 3 sections filled...lol

Im pulling for NDSU my family has some friends who go their...GO BISON!

katstrapper
December 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
If NDSU is expecting 10k fans, they will be spending some serious money on tickets. After talking to offiicials at PHP, it appears the game has been SOLD OUT for a while. Ticket brokers and others have snatched up tickets and are selling them for crazy prices. I think this complete BULL****!! It is costing me $175 a seat for 30 yd line seats. I had tried for three days to get tickets via NCAA or SHSU website. This ticket thing now is a complete JOKE. End zone seats are being sold anywhere from $100 and up.

This is not the way this should be.......

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Aren't there enough bowl games for the scalpers and brokers to vulch tickets for? I mean, if you consider what you read/hear on ESPN, Fox, CBS, etc the Beef-O-Brady-Meineke-Car-Care-Papa-Johns-Taxslayer.com-Bowl has a much better following than some little old FCS National Championship game xsmhx

GradBison
December 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
If NDSU is expecting 10k fans, they will be spending some serious money on tickets. After talking to offiicials at PHP, it appears the game has been SOLD OUT for a while. Ticket brokers and others have snatched up tickets and are selling them for crazy prices. I think this complete BULL****!! It is costing me $175 a seat for 30 yd line seats. I had tried for three days to get tickets via NCAA or SHSU website. This ticket thing now is a complete JOKE. End zone seats are being sold anywhere from $100 and up.

I would wait... these prices are ridiculous. Some joker is seriously asking $699 for tickets in the corner of the endzone on stubhub, with the cheapest ticket being $249. Yeah sure. xrolleyesx

ASUMountaineer
December 19th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Tickets have always gone on sale before the teams are decided. I've known people to buy tickets in October...back when it was in Chatty.

danefan
December 19th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Tickets have always gone on sale before the teams are decided. I've known people to buy tickets in October...back when it was in Chatty.

They even had a promotion going on here:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?100399-Frisco-TX-Championship-Game-Promotion&highlight=frisco

FargoBison
December 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM
It is a joke that they only gave schools 4k tickets, just ridiculous. Fortunately I got a few tickets before the NCAA moved the last of theirs....demand for NDSU's tickets is supposedly through the roof.

NDB
December 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM

The game is sponsored by your conference.

Sam_Kats
December 19th, 2011, 03:51 PM
NCAA trumps all..............you should know that.

danefan
December 19th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Is there any plan to add temp seating on the stage? Seems to me you could add 2,000-3,000 seats rather easily up there.

ChristopherBearkat
December 19th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That's what I was thinking. The stage are is pretty big (they use it for concerts) - I'd like to see a student section open if if they do that.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 19th, 2011, 06:37 PM
At this rate do we know Lakes got some before he went to "Puerto Rico"?

BisonBohl
December 19th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Im sure he did but even if he didnt, he would stil buy tickets at the crazy prices.

Wilson16
December 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
At this rate do we know Lakes got some before he went to "Puerto Rico"?
He posted last week that his group has tickets in one of the SHSU sections. That should be interesting :)

MplsBison
December 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Anyone get the feeling that all tickets may have indeed been sold, but that right now <50% of the tickets are currently owned by those planning to go to the game?

That just ain't right. F*** that, if true. I hope it blows up right in the face of the NCAA and those trying to commit fraud.

NDB
December 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Scalping is not a crime in Texas and it sure as hell ain't fraud.

Bearkat-Backer
December 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM

It's just good old American capitalism.

NDB
December 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't call market manipulation capitalism by any stretch.

MplsBison
December 19th, 2011, 07:12 PM

What the !@$# are you blathering about?

MplsBison
December 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM
It's just good old American capitalism.

Agreed. Anything to make a buck without having to earn it. That is, sadly, the American way.

TexasTerror
December 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
It is a joke that they only gave schools 4k tickets, just ridiculous. Fortunately I got a few tickets before the NCAA moved the last of theirs....demand for NDSU's tickets is supposedly through the roof.

Not all schools are going to travel more than 4k to Frisco. This year, the game got lucky with a SLC school within 200 miles and a large alumni base in the DFW metro area, plus a NDSU school that was willing to travel...

MplsBison
December 19th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not all schools are going to travel more than 4k to Frisco. This year, the game got lucky with a SLC school within 200 miles and a large alumni base in the DFW metro area, plus a NDSU school that was willing to travel...

I hope the ticket resellers get screwed. Hard.

Hope the game has about 10k in attendance and the fans were fed up with the bull@!$t and refused to buy fraudulently marked-up tickets.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 07:44 PM
The Vikings sure as hell won't be playing so the Metrodome is open that whole weekend: http://www.msfc.com/detail.cfm/page/msfcSite_UZPZYVQT_PFVOHZNS/

65,000+ tickets to sell :D

FargoBison
December 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Sorry, it's BS. Each school should get at least 5k...hell App State got like 7k one year. Fing NCAA.

McNeese75
December 19th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Sorry, it's BS. Each school should get at least 5k...hell App State got like 7k one year. Fing NCAA.

Get online, buy some ****ing tickets and go to the damned game. All this mealy mouth *****ing about ticket prices is a bunch of crap. Your ****ing team is in the NC and you should sell the ****ing farm to go to it. You never know when or if you will ever have this chance again.

FargoBison
December 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Get online, buy some ****ing tickets and go to the damned game. All this mealy mouth *****ing about ticket prices is a bunch of crap. Your ****ing team is in the NC and you should sell the ****ing farm to go to it. You never know when or if you will ever have this chance again.

I have tickets. I was one of the lucky few that somehow got them from the NCAA after our game ended. But a lot of people are being screwed, they never had a chance. In this economy I won't just assume people can pay for travel and a $250 ticket to the game, I know damn well that I wouldn't be going to the game if that was the case.

chazg
December 19th, 2011, 10:42 PM
How many fans said that they would not buy tickets to the game before it was decided and now complain because they are to high? Just buy the tickets early next year and sell it at a reasonable price to fans who would use it if you do not.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Word is that the NCAA will be sending thousands of tubes of lipstick to NDSU and SHSU in lieu of tickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw

McNeese75
December 19th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Word is that the NCAA will be sending thousands of tubes of lipstick to NDSU and SDSU in lieu of tickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqqRPvM_Sw

xrolleyesx Why would they be sending lipstick or tickets to South Dakota State????

McNeese75
December 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I have tickets. I was one of the lucky few that somehow got them from the NCAA after our game ended. But a lot of people are being screwed, they never had a chance. In this economy I won't just assume people can pay for travel and a $250 ticket to the game, I know damn well that I wouldn't be going to the game if that was the case.

As confident as all the Bison fans on this board have been since before the playoffs started all I can say is shame on em for waiting.

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM

I agree each participating school should be offered 5,000 for one week (since there is now a three week interim). Many schools (Villanova, Eastern Washington...) may not use even half of that allocation. Yet several schools (App St, Geo So, UM) have demonstrated they will send that many fans. This would still leave half of the stadium for the NCAA or Frisco to offer however they choose.

Though if the ticket were gobbled up by scalpers, I won't curse them. I don't remember any previous time this game has sold out (though it was close when we played Marshall at Marshall). So IF... scalpers took them early, then they (scalpers) were taking a very high risk they might be eating them. It certainly would have been the case before this year. That said, I don't know why this seemed so goofed up so quickly. I hope each of you get the tickets you want.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2011, 11:39 PM
xrolleyesx Why would they be sending lipstick or tickets to South Dakota State????
Just making sure you were paying attention xlolx

Cocky
December 20th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Scalping gives it a BCS feel.
Fine a sponsor's customer in Texas then have them ask for tickets.

NDB
December 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
One ticket for $65 on Stub Hub.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I have my tickets but I genuinely feel with 3 weeks to go that patience will be a virtue in this case. There is a lot of panic right now but I'll be willing to bet that you could go to either the Montana or GSU fan pages and find a true fan willing to not gouge you. Failing that, there should be plenty of tickets available as the game gets closer.

WH49er
December 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't call market manipulation capitalism by any stretch.

You seem like one of those people that b#tch about milk every time you go to the grocery store. Their costs was $2.50 and they want to sell it to me for $3.29....bastards!!!

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 09:41 AM
The theatrics on this thread are funny.

I just went on Stubhub to check it out, yep they are expensive, cheapest ticket at $249.

However, there are a GRAND TOTAL of 99 tickets in a 20K seat stadium on sale at Stubhub. For you math majors that represents less than 1/2 of 1% of the entire facility.

NDSUFREAK
December 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Not sure if this has been said but...

SOLD OUT

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344603/

TexasTerror
December 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Story from Huntsville Item... SOLD OUT.

http://itemonline.com/sports/x1253557409/Tickets-sold-out-for-Bearkats-championship-game?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150438036692998_20163063_ 10150438634892998#f193bf1b8d40076

WH49er
December 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM

However, there are a GRAND TOTAL of 99 tickets in a 20K seat stadium on sale at Stubhub. For you math majors that represents less than 1/2 of 1% of the entire facility.

There is no place for logic in these forums.....next thing you know an Occupy Frisco camp will pop up demanding that they increase the stadium size and give free tickets to all who didn't get them earlier. Life isn't fair, please help us xsmhx

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2011, 10:55 AM

I agree that each school should be allotted a set amount of tickets and if not sold in a certain time frame before the game they be released for sale to the General Public.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Story from Huntsville Item... SOLD OUT.

http://itemonline.com/sports/x1253557409/Tickets-sold-out-for-Bearkats-championship-game?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150438036692998_20163063_ 10150438634892998#f193bf1b8d40076

I think the most stark thing about that is that SHSU only has 650 season ticket holders. WOW.

NDB
December 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM
You seem like one of those people that b#tch about milk every time you go to the grocery store. Their costs was $2.50 and they want to sell it to me for $3.29....bastards!!!

Nice try.

Let me know the next time you go to the grocery store when milk is 'sold out' while there is a guy on the street selling it for $10/gallon.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I agree that each school should be allotted a set amount of tickets and if not sold in a certain time frame before the game they be released for sale to the General Public.

I can't fault the NCAA for this - bowl games in FBS are handled exactly the same way, there is a designated number of seats held back for participating schools - other than that tickets have been on sale for this game for months. To suggest that local Texans have tickets made available to them say 10 days to 2 weeks before a game is what you'd call a dropout marketing student suggestion.

Bottom line is, season tickets have their benefits.

You want another comparison - look at the Super Bowl - each team has to have a lottery for its season ticket holders to get tickets.

I'm happy it sounds like there will be a packed house in Frisco in January, the Chatty contingent probably can't believe it :)

bkit29
December 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM

I just went on Stubhub to check it out, yep they are expensive, cheapest ticket at $249.

thats the number of tickets that they have on the website, not the number they actually have. they will keep a small number up to make it seem like they dont have that many.

danefan
December 20th, 2011, 12:41 PM
thats the number of tickets that they have on the website, not the number they actually have. they will keep a small number up to make it seem like they dont have that many.

Huh?

You do realize that Stubhub is merely the means by which people sell tickets. Stubhub doesn't buy the tickets and resell them.

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Huh?

You do realize that Stubhub is merely the means by which people sell tickets. Stubhub doesn't buy the tickets and resell them.

Nonetheless, address his point. Do you have evidence to refute him? Don't think so

danefan
December 20th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Nonetheless, address his point. Do you have evidence to refute him? Don't think so

What?

Stubhub is not holding back tickets to reduce supply.

Do they not have sold out sporting events in North Dakota?

You guys are acting like this has never happened before. I want Yankee tickets to every World Series game. Guess what - they're always sold out....but I can always get them if I want to pay for them.

GSU Eagle
December 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM
How many of the 20,000 tickets were allotted to each team? Any one know?

danefan
December 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM

4,000 to each team.

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM

4k each.

Hansel
December 20th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The NCAA won't even think about it- but the beauty of having the game in Dallas is all of the available Football venues.

If they wanted to bump capacity to 32k they could move it to SMU

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/smu/graphics/g-ford-stadium-625w.jpg
Whereas if they wanted to bump capacity to 44k they could move it to TCU

https://alsd.com/sites/default/files/Amon_G_Carter_Stadium.jpg

texcap
December 20th, 2011, 01:33 PM
They hold it at a 20,000 seat venue because that is what the game has traditionally drawn when there is heavy demand. In off years the game has not drawn more than 14,000. Could they sell more this year? Yes, probably, but what if this years game would have pitted Lehigh vs. Wofford? Imagine how SMU or TCU stadiums would look with 7,000 people there.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Guessing you two have never sold anything on stubhub? It is easy. You input the ticket information and your tickets go on sale immediately. You can raise or lower the price until a buyer purchases them but there is not any holding back of seats. I sold 4 tickets yesterday as a matter of fact.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Face value tickets were available as the clock was hitting 000 in the GSU game, that's when we got ours. From what I saw you had at least 24-36 hrs to purchase tickets at face value from the NCAA or the venue itself. This is not the fault of anyone else.

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2011, 02:33 PM

You must live in a cave.

There are other sites with tickets available in addition to stubhub. Go on Craig's List for Dallas and you'll find a couple of links. Some under $200 per ticket at this point. In a week, or so, prices will come down. Looks like about 300 tickets total available on the market now. That number will dwindle, but I doubt all will sell at current prices.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I guess next time people will just buy season tickets so they're not left scrambling....

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2011, 02:42 PM
I guess next time people will just buy season tickets so they're not left scrambling....

Anyone from either school who's not a season ticket holder should shut up. Donors, and season ticket holders ALWAYS get priority in these situations. Being left out has to be expected if you don't give, and don't support.

pwbnd
December 20th, 2011, 02:45 PM

NDSU has close to 10,000 season ticket holders. The way it looks now, lots of season ticket holders from Fargo not gonna get a ticket.

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Sounds like the NCAA has found 600 extra tickets to add to NDSU's allotment.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
NDSU has close to 10,000 season ticket holders. The way it looks now, lots of season ticket holders from Fargo not gonna get a ticket.

Let's be real, we both know not all 10,000 of those people aren't going to Frisco. How has NDSU handled their allotment? I'm assuming that there is some kind of point system tied to how much money STH's donate or how long they've had their season tickets...

bearkat pride
December 20th, 2011, 02:52 PM
i wouldnt get my hopes up that there is going to be plenty of cheap tickets closer to game time. no doubt, some scalpers are holding back but there is a crazy demand for the few tickets left on the market. with our recent success and a ton of alumni in dfw area that have never seen their bearkats do this well, dont be suprised when sam has 14-15k+ at this game.

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Let's be real, we both know not all 10,000 of those people aren't going to Frisco. How has NDSU handled their allotment? I'm assuming that there is some kind of point system tied to how much money STH's donate or how long they've had their season tickets...

It's based on how much you give to the booster club and season tickets. Some people are saying you need to be in the top 5% to have chance but that is mostly because supposedly NDSU allowed people to buy as many as 25 tickets...that issue might be corrected.

Still I think NDSU could easily bring 10k....lots of alumni in Texas and AZ, our fanbase travels extremely well.

danefan
December 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Who would have thought all this interest to watch the Fighting Sioux play?

bearkat pride
December 20th, 2011, 02:58 PM
10k ndsu? not a chance...

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
i wouldnt get my hopes up that there is going to be plenty of cheap tickets closer to game time. no doubt, some scalpers are holding back but there is a crazy demand for the few tickets left on the market. with our recent success and a ton of alumni in dfw area that have never seen their bearkats do this well, dont be suprised when sam has 14-15k+ at this game.

The cheaper ones sold on stubhub, but there are still 82 for sale, whereas there were 110 up this morning. Price is part of the equation, which is why only 28 have sold today. There certainly won't be any at face value.

bearkat pride
December 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
the doesnt mean only 28 tickets were sold today....only 28 less listings, some were definitely added today which means more than that sold at crazy prices...

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Well yeah...there aren't 10k available.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Who would have thought all this interest to watch the Fighting Sioux play?

The Fighting Sioux don't exist in 2 ways... as a mascot or as a football team!

Vitojr130
December 20th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Face value tickets were available as the clock was hitting 000 in the GSU game, that's when we got ours. From what I saw you had at least 24-36 hrs to purchase tickets at face value from the NCAA or the venue itself. This is not the fault of anyone else.

Really? Because I went straight home and went on the NCAA website about 1 hour after the game and it said that no tickets were available at that time.

Tribe4SF
December 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
the doesnt mean only 28 tickets were sold today....only 28 less listings, some were definitely added today which means more than that sold at crazy prices...

Listings look pretty much the same, but with price increases. Doesn't seem many were added.

Same stuff went on for the ODU/Norfok State game. Prices dropped significantly as game day approached.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Really? Because I went straight home and went on the NCAA website about 1 hour after the game and it said that no tickets were available at that time.

Hm, that's where we got them, although we didn't wait an hour.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 03:55 PM

It was saying that before your game even started...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Then my magic tickets in section 112 row 20 must be mythical. Gosh. The credit card charge sure isn't.

xcoach2
December 20th, 2011, 04:22 PM

The online ordering system was behaving strange. I tried to buy them when I got home from the Sam game at 1am on Saturday morning and the link wouldn't work. Buddy' of mine is on the committee for the game and he emailed me Saturday am and said they were running out of family packs. So I called PHP and bought 4 family packs right away. Then was able to purchase 2 tickets in 129.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Then my magic tickets in section 112 row 20 must be mythical. Gosh. The credit card charge sure isn't.

You missed the point. Everytime some one logged on to look at tickets it put a hold on them for ten minutes so the system was saying none available but there were(at that time). And yes if you have magic tickets Im quite certain they are mythical...xrolleyesx

Sammy94
December 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
It was nice having a Friday night game last week. There was plenty of tickets available after the game, I got 8 of them. I may end up selling mine, continue tailgating, and watch it on ESPN, with all the orange, yellow, and green the game should look great in HD.

bearkat pride
December 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
my friend tried to bid on tickets on ebay from someone from montana, they cancelled his bid (he has "Kat" in his username), bitter are we? lol

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
my friend tried to bid on tickets on ebay from someone from montana, they cancelled his bid (he has "Kat" in his username), bitter are we? lol

When there's only 20k seats -- you should only be allowed to have a ticket to the game if you're a NDSU or SHSU alumni or immediate family member.

Too bad, that's how it has to be. Fans first. Everyone else second, if there are tickets left. Which it's too bad that the "championship game" is played in a tiny little stadium.

chazg
December 20th, 2011, 06:55 PM
This stadium is almost exactly the same size as the previous national title site. I agree that sales to individuals should be limited, but what would the cut-off be? This stadium is also larger than both teams stadiums that are participating. I more people would fill the national title game on a consistent basis then the NCAA would look for a slightly larger stadium to move the game to.

Shockerman
December 20th, 2011, 07:00 PM
The issue isn't the size of the stadium it is the schools allotment. Both Schools should have had access to a minimun of 8000 tickets.

kingkat99
December 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
It was nice having a Friday night game last week. There was plenty of tickets available after the game, I got 8 of them. I may end up selling mine, continue tailgating, and watch it on ESPN, with all the orange, yellow, and green the game should look great in HD.

Just make sure you sell em to bearkats...

Bearkat-Backer
December 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Just make sure you sell em to bearkats...

LOL. I already emailed him.

chazg
December 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I agree that the school allotment should be doubled.

TheBisonator
December 20th, 2011, 07:56 PM
When there's only 20k seats -- you should only be allowed to have a ticket to the game if you're a NDSU or SHSU alumni or immediate family member.

Excuse me whilst I go kill myself.

I cannot live on knowing there are human beings this stupid.

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Excuse me whilst I go kill myself.

I cannot live on knowing there are human beings this stupid.

I figured you were not a NDSU alum.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2011, 09:23 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/120/955/butthurt.jpg?1318992465

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 09:25 PM
The NCAA should have stopped selling tickets when the playoffs started to insure each fanbase had decent allotment of tickets.

MplsBison
December 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
The NCAA should have stopped selling tickets when the playoffs started to insure each fanbase had decent allotment of tickets.

It should've been 10k allotment to each school in the finals.

Anything they don't sell by the last week then opens to the public.

NCAA is a bunch of jag-offs. All there is to it.

FargoBison
December 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Not sure about 10k for each school but definitely at least 6k.

Maybe the game should be at a bigger stadium in the future...SMU perhaps. Of course we could end up with an EWU-Wofford final and there would be 11k fans there.

Hammerhead
December 20th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Sorry, Charlie. "Gene Taylor, NDSU’s athletic director, said Monday that the Bison could sell 10,000 tickets if they had them."
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344603/

TheBisonator
December 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM

Bachelors of Fine Arts - Minor in Political Science Class of 2010

Tell me YOUR degree.

chrisattsu
December 20th, 2011, 10:31 PM

Too bad, that's how it has to be. Fans first. Everyone else second, if there are tickets left. Which it's too bad that the "championship game" is played in a tiny little stadium.

Wow. I guess as a locals shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets. We bought ours during the presale before the teams were finalized because we had a great time last year.

McNeese75
December 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM
The issue isn't the size of the stadium it is the schools allotment. Both Schools should have had access to a minimun of 8000 tickets.

I'm sure the NCAA would not have a problem allocating that number of tickets to each team as long as every team in the playoffs signed off on a covering that number of tickets if they were sold or not. We know there are plenty of schools out there that probably would not go along with that option. Hell, NDSU should just buy 8,000 tickets as soon as they go on sale next year and not worry about it.

MplsBison
December 21st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Wow. I guess as a locals shouldn't be allowed to buy tickets. We bought ours during the presale before the teams were finalized because we had a great time last year.

That's fine and dandy when the teams are Eastern Washington and Bumblepiss State U.

Since you didn't read or comprehend my post, here it is again:10k allotments to each school - whatever they don't sell by the last week goes open to the public. That's so easy and automatic. Zero reason why it shouldn't be done every year.

The real reason they don't is simple: the stupid jag-offs flat out don't give a rat's tallywacker if a single fan of the team's playing in the actual game makes it in the stadium. They don't care!! They want their money and piss on everyone else.

MplsBison
December 21st, 2011, 07:12 AM
I'm sure the NCAA would not have a problem allocating that number of tickets to each team as long as every team in the playoffs signed off on a covering that number of tickets if they were sold or not. We know there are plenty of schools out there that probably would not go along with that option. Hell, NDSU should just buy 8,000 tickets as soon as they go on sale next year and not worry about it.

Or how about this, even simpler option: allot half the tickets in the stadium to each team. Anything the team's don't sell to their fans is returned to the NCAA to be sold to the public. Put whatever timeframe on it you want --- just give the actual friggin fans of the actual friggin schools playing in the actual friggin championship friggin game the first chance to buy them!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM
That's fine and dandy when the teams are Eastern Washington and Bumblepiss State U.

Since you didn't read or comprehend my post, here it is again:10k allotments to each school - whatever they don't sell by the last week goes open to the public. That's so easy and automatic. Zero reason why it shouldn't be done every year.

The real reason they don't is simple: the stupid jag-offs flat out don't give a rat's tallywacker if a single fan of the team's playing in the actual game makes it in the stadium. They don't care!! They want their money and piss on everyone else.

Ok, you didn't get a ticket, we all get it.

But you want the entire stadium's tickets to be split between the two schools with 2 weeks to sell the rest? You realize that I can buy tickets (or in the case of basketball, put in for the lottery) to any scheduled NCAA event months before the contestants are even set?

Last years game sold 13,700 or something like that, that's almost 7000 empty seats. How many more of those seats would have been empty under your plan?

kdinva
December 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Not sure about 10k for each school but definitely at least 6k.

Maybe the game should be at a bigger stadium in the future..
+1

Then again, attendance will always be dependent on who the participating teams are......the game could be moved to a 35,000 seat venue, then only 14,000 show up a particular year........

TexasTerror
December 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Not sure if posted previously, since I'm not going to read MplsBison's drivel... but they are trying to free up an additional 700 tickets...

“We are trying to adjust moving parts within the stadium to allocate more tickets to each institution,” Hamilton said. “There is a great demand in the local market as well, so we are trying to accommodate all three groups.”

One example of trying to free up tickets, Hamilton said, is moving the bands for both schools to an area with temporary seating. That could potentially open up 700 more seats.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344603/group/Sports/

Tribe4SF
December 21st, 2011, 07:34 AM
Or how about this, even simpler option: allot half the tickets in the stadium to each team. Anything the team's don't sell to their fans is returned to the NCAA to be sold to the public. Put whatever timeframe on it you want --- just give the actual friggin fans of the actual friggin schools playing in the actual friggin championship friggin game the first chance to buy them!!!

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

"DUH"....phonetic beginning of "DUMB".

Frisco, the Southland Conference, and the NCAA have the responsibility, and authority to market the game. Frisco is at risk being the host. They risk lesser attendance by holding back 8,000 seats for the teams who make the final, with no guarantee that any of the 8,000 will be sold. They were fortunate this year to get a local team, and another whose fans travel well. Good on 'em! It could have been Lehigh and Stony Brook.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 07:40 AM
I swear to god, I have had this song stuck in my head for 3 days because of this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL3Rj9IT4Mc

TheBisonator
December 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM
I swear to god, I have had this song stuck in my head for 3 days because of this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL3Rj9IT4Mc

Sell out - To me, oh yeah
Sell out - To me tonight
The record company's gonna give me lots of money
And everything's gonna be all right....

-Reel Big Fish

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2011, 07:49 AM
Statement from NDSU AD...

North Dakota State Athletics would like to thank our loyal fans for their overwhelming requests for NCAA playoff tickets. Your enthusiasm and strong showing during our play-off run is one of the reasons we are in the Championship game in Frisco, Texas. We are proud of the interest and passion of our fans. Unfortunately, our allotment of tickets (4,600 from the NCAA) to the Championship game was well below the demand we received for ticket requests. We are disappointed we were unable to fulfill the request for all of our fans wishing to attend the game.

We anticipated a few years ago that we would eventually play in championship games where the number of tickets would be limited. Therefore, we created a priority point system that places our fans in a point system based successive years as a season ticket holder, contributions to Team Makers Booster Club, contributions to the Athletic Department in general, and contributions to the university. We believe this to be the fairest system in determining who will receive our limited number of tickets available. NDSU worked with the NCAA and the Frisco Organizing committee to acquire as many additional tickets to make available to our fans. For those of you that were not able to secure tickets through our office we encourage you to attempt to find tickets through available secondary markets such as stubhub.com, craigslist.com, ebay.com and other web sites.

Finally, for those of you that made plans to go to Texas we encourage you to still make the trip and participate in all of the activities surrounding the game. There will be Friday pre-game gatherings, tailgate gatherings on Saturday, watch sites in Frisco and Bison Fan establishments that will welcome you to help cheer on the Bison. We will be announcing all of this information once it is finalized. Please continue to support the Bison as we march to Frisco and take on Sam Houston State in the NCAA Division I Football Championship game on January 7th.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205351410

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/344988/group/Sports/

Barry and Rebecca Olander expressed their concerns over the process in an email addressed to NDSU’s ticket office that was also sent to The Forum.

In the email, the Olanders wrote: “We ordered the tickets on Sunday, December 18th online through gobison.com – as directed by your website. We received a message upon completion of the order THAT the order was complete. … Now, four days later, we receive the (attached) email stating we are not being issued tickets.”

In the email to NDSU, they said that they each purchased nonrefundable airline tickets already. They asked NDSU to either refund them the $1,052.20 in airline tickets or provide the tickets they ordered.

Barry Olander told The Forum late Thursday night that prior to the FCS title game ticket procedure, he had never heard of a points priority system at the university and never saw a mention of it online while ordering tickets.

“I’ve never seen anything cross my desk or front door about the priority system,” he said. “A good ol’ boy network is a better name for it than a priority system.”

Olander said he would have preferred tickets were sold on a first-come, first-served basis, with season-ticket holders getting the first chance.

“If this continues, I’m not going to re-up on those season tickets,” he said. “I give a few hundred bucks to NDSU, and that will stop. … These guys off the street are never going to see a ticket. They’re just as big of fans, just as big as the guy who walked in with his big, fancy Mercedes.”

Mr. Olander has a very legitimate grip about the way NDSU distributed their tiny allotment of tickets, no doubt, but really 95% of his angst should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the jag-off NCAA.

If the idiots had simply given NDSU and SHSU a 10k ticket allotment each, everything would've been perfect. But no surprise, they fouled it up. How stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'd like to think that people should be fired over this, but then again no one gives a rat's tallywacker about the FCS.

It's the same thing as DII.

BisonHype!
December 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
They need to have the Championship Game in a bigger stadium.

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Mr. Olander has a very legitimate grip about the way NDSU distributed their tiny allotment of tickets, no doubt, but really 95% of his angst should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the jag-off NCAA.

Mr. Olander's lone gripe should be with the way NDSU publicized their priority point system. NDSU's initial ticket release did mention priority points - http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205348672 - but a quick glance around their web site from me - a "Joe Fan" does not show a clear, concise method of how priority points work.

If the idiots had simply given NDSU and SHSU a 10k ticket allotment each, everything would've been perfect. But no surprise, they fouled it up. How stupid, stupid, stupid.

Would not of been possible based on the stadium size.

You would not be selling tickets for the event until 3 weeks out if that were the case because all tickets would be held up by the institutions involved. The folks in Frisco and those who purchased early through the NCAA got a handle of about 8-12k tickets or so (being conservative and covering a wide base). Everyone had equal access to those tickets, which had been on sale for weeks... or wait, months!

This year, perhaps... but what if you do not have two teams that can draw?

There's probably 5-10 programs (at most) that would travel over 10k to the championship game regardless of location. North Dakota State is in that number, as is Delaware, Georgia Southern, McNeese, Montana and Appalachian State. There may be others - but not thinking of them right now.

Add in having a 'local team' and you've got the situation you have. Last year's game drew 13k (or there about). Plenty of room. Would it be the case next year?

The key is selling this game out routinely regardless of the match-up and forcing the need to put this in a large stadium. That'll be the best way to really get some traction here, because if we go back to 13-15k next year without having such an ideal match-up, it won't matter!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
No worries. Mr. Olander is being quite deservedly grilled over a high flame over at Bisonville.

TexasTerror
December 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
No worries. Mr. Olander is being quite deservedly grilled over a high flame over at Bisonville.

Link? :)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Link? :)

Gladly,

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26377-The-Tickets-and-The-quot-SOON-quot-TURF%28The-Fargodome-turf%29

Strommer10
December 23rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
For this game, with these two programs, a 30k seat stadium could be filled for the Championship game. Isn't the record around there? I remember it being Marshall vs Montana but unsure of the number off the top of my head.

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Mr. Olander's lone gripe should be with the way NDSU publicized their priority point system. NDSU's initial ticket release did mention priority points - http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205348672 - but a quick glance around their web site from me - a "Joe Fan" does not show a clear, concise method of how priority points work.

Would not of been possible based on the stadium size.

You would not be selling tickets for the event until 3 weeks out if that were the case because all tickets would be held up by the institutions involved. The folks in Frisco and those who purchased early through the NCAA got a handle of about 8-12k tickets or so (being conservative and covering a wide base). Everyone had equal access to those tickets, which had been on sale for weeks... or wait, months!

This year, perhaps... but what if you do not have two teams that can draw?

There's probably 5-10 programs (at most) that would travel over 10k to the championship game regardless of location. North Dakota State is in that number, as is Delaware, Georgia Southern, McNeese, Montana and Appalachian State. There may be others - but not thinking of them right now.

Add in having a 'local team' and you've got the situation you have. Last year's game drew 13k (or there about). Plenty of room. Would it be the case next year?

The key is selling this game out routinely regardless of the match-up and forcing the need to put this in a large stadium. That'll be the best way to really get some traction here, because if we go back to 13-15k next year without having such an ideal match-up, it won't matter!

Of course it would've been possible. 10k times 2 teams is 20k, which is the stadium capacity.

NDSU and SHSU would have 2 weeks to sell those tickets to their fanbases. The last week any unsold tickets would go on sale to the public.

Too easy.

Grizzlies82
December 23rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
For this game, with these two programs, a 30k seat stadium could be filled for the Championship game. Isn't the record around there? I remember it being Marshall vs Montana but unsure of the number off the top of my head.

According to TSN the largest championship crowd was 32,106 at the Montana vs. Marshall game in 1995.
However, that Championship Game was a home game for Marshall which bumped up the total numbers.
By the way the University of Montana won.

As NoDak, and others point out, MplsBison's idea to allocate 10,000 to each school in a 20,000 seat stadium almost guarantees unsold seats most years. The host town and NCAA want a sell out. They don't care if it's Cal Poly fans or Towson fans at the NDSU & SHSU game. In Chattanooga I sat next to Youngstown fans even though YSU wasn't playing. This is what they want, fans in the seats regardless of school colors.

In the future maybe they could allocate half the stadium capacity divided among the two schools. Give them until the Saturday after the Semi-finals to sell then return. This may work as opposed to tying up the entire capacity in the hands of schools which could never sell all their allocations (Eastern Washington, Villanova, etc...).

I have a hunch that a number of tickets will be sold in Fargo next year before the playoffs even begin. What do you think?

Grizzlies82
December 23rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Of course it would've been possible. 10k times 2 teams is 20k, which is the stadium capacity.

NDSU and SHSU would have 2 weeks to sell those tickets to their fanbases. The last week any unsold tickets would go on sale to the public.

Too easy.

For this one year (with these two specific teams) that would have worked. All prior years it would have been an epic fail and lost the host town and NCAA even more sales.

LakesBison
December 23rd, 2011, 05:03 PM
NDSU will have 10,000+ there im convinced EVERYONE is trying to go. If this game was in chicago, kansas city, denver, las vegas, thered by 20,000: NDSU is a FBS fanbase type willing to.go all out for BIG GAMES (at UMINN, KANSAS IN NCAA, ETC)

bearkat pride
December 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
NDSU will have 10,000+ there im convinced EVERYONE is trying to go. If this game was in chicago, kansas city, denver, las vegas, thered by 20,000: NDSU is a FBS fanbase type willing to.go all out for BIG GAMES (at UMINN, KANSAS IN NCAA, ETC)

there is no way there is going to be more ndsu than sam fans.

alvinkayak6
December 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
Time to move to CowboyStadium.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2011, 05:16 PM

I hope you Decemberists stick around so you can more easily recognize the trollolol

MplsBison
December 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
For this one year (with these two specific teams) that would have worked. All prior years it would have been an epic fail and lost the host town and NCAA even more sales.

You don't sell anything until the championship teams are determined. Allocations are determined on a per school basis using all reasonable factors. If the allocations are less than the total capacity of the stadium, you make the rest of the tickets available to the public right away.

Three weeks is more than enough time to sell the tickets.

Anyone claiming to be on the side of the NCAA on this one is a jealous liar, just pissed off that their team isn't in the championship and taking great joy in the fact that not all NDSU fans can get tickets that they deserve.

Non-NDSU/SHSU fans don't deserve to get into the game in front of NDSU/SHSU fans.

That's a fact.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 07:03 AM

Are you sure about this?

SHSU has a lot of "bandwagon" fans that might go to the game. Whatever the % is at the FB field, the Bison fans will be cheering louder.

IMO, it will be 50/50 or really close to it.

ChristopherBearkat
December 24th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Frisco is smack dab in the center of one of SHSU's largest alumni bases. Huntsville is only 3 hours and Sam's biggest alumni base in Houston is 4 hours. Additionally, there will be a large number of SLC fans there rooting for Sam.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Frisco is smack dab in the center of one of SHSU's largest alumni bases. Huntsville is only 3 hours and Sam's biggest alumni base in Houston is 4 hours. Additionally, there will be a large number of SLC fans there rooting for Sam.

SHSU has never had a very loyal fanbase.....but you never know.

SoCon48
December 24th, 2011, 12:12 PM
There is no place for logic in these forums.....next thing you know an Occupy Frisco camp will pop up demanding that they increase the stadium size and give free tickets to all who didn't get them earlier. Life isn't fair, please help us xsmhx

POST OF THE YEAR!

texcap
December 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Anyone claiming to be on the side of the NCAA on this one is a jealous liar, just pissed off that their team isn't in the championship and taking great joy in the fact that not all NDSU fans can get tickets that they deserve.

Non-NDSU/SHSU fans don't deserve to get into the game in front of NDSU/SHSU fans.

That's a fact.

It appears that you are the only one pissed off about a situation that has been in existence since long before NDSU was in this division.

It's also not a fact that NDSU/SHSU fans should be first in line. I have been supporting and buying FCS championship game tickets for the past 7 years, regardless of who is in the game. The NCAA can count on me being there and buying those tickets.

Whether you like it or not this is a business and not a charity. Decisions are made to make the most money over the years, not plans that would work for this year only. Just out of curiosity where we're your complaints when the games were sold out in Chattanooga and tickets were being scalped?

MplsBison
December 24th, 2011, 03:48 PM
It appears that you are the only one pissed off about a situation that has been in existence since long before NDSU was in this division.

It's also not a fact that NDSU/SHSU fans should be first in line. I have been supporting and buying FCS championship game tickets for the past 7 years, regardless of who is in the game. The NCAA can count on me being there and buying those tickets.

Whether you like it or not this is a business and not a charity. Decisions are made to make the most money over the years, not plans that would work for this year only. Just out of curiosity where we're your complaints when the games were sold out in Chattanooga and tickets were being scalped?

I've already given the correct plan, which would work the best every year.

Tickets are not to be sold until the two championship teams are known. The allocation for each of those teams need not be equal and will be determined each year based on all relevant factors.

Any seats in the stadium left after the tickets have been allocated to the championship teams can then be sold to the public immediately.

This is the correct method to implement. It should've been implemented a long time ago and should be implemented starting next year.

If this plan had been followed this year, then the relevant factors would dictate that NDSU and SHSU's allocations would've been very close to half the stadium each. Other years with other teams, the factors would dictate smaller allocations and therefore more tickets available to the public immediately.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I've already given the correct plan, which would work the best every year.....

....If this plan had been followed this year, I may have gotten a ticket and wouldn't be complaining so much

FIFY

That plan is about as terrible as just dropping the tickets from a helicopter ala Les Nessman and his turkeys.

If your plan had been followed last year they would have probably sold 5000 tickets total. This is only the 2nd game in about 15 years to sell out so most years the game struggles to sell tickets. It would probably make some sense to hold back more ticket but certainly not as many as you say.

There was plenty of opportunity to buy the tickets before last weekend, during last weekend and I have no doubt, in the days to come.

MplsBison
December 24th, 2011, 05:04 PM
FIFY

That plan is about as terrible as just dropping the tickets from a helicopter ala Les Nessman and his turkeys.

If your plan had been followed last year they would have probably sold 5000 tickets total. This is only the 2nd game in about 15 years to sell out so most years the game struggles to sell tickets. It would probably make some sense to hold back more ticket but certainly not as many as you say.

There was plenty of opportunity to buy the tickets before last weekend, during last weekend and I have no doubt, in the days to come.

I made it very clear that allocations would change every year, depending on the teams and all relevant factors. This year, with these two teams and these factors - yes the allocations could very well have been 10k. In another year with different teams and different factors, maybe one allocation is only 2k and the other team only gets 1k tickets!

But you read that and you understood full well what I was saying. You're just being obtuse and pretending not to understand so that you denounce it, only because you don't like me.

My proposal is correct.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I made it very clear that allocations would change every year, depending on the teams and all relevant factors. This year, with these two teams and these factors - yes the allocations could very well have been 10k. In another year with different teams and different factors, maybe one allocation is only 2k and the other team only gets 1k tickets!

But you read that and you understood full well what I was saying. You're just being obtuse and pretending not to understand so that you denounce it, only because you don't like me.

My proposal is correct.

I hate this whole argument mainly because I actually do like you. I just think this idea is absolutely crazy. You are proposing no tickets sold before the final week of the tournament. That runs counter to every sane business practice.

texcap
December 24th, 2011, 05:18 PM

Actually you have not given the correct plan. You have given your preferred plan. The correct plan is the one that maximizes the number of tickets sold, which is the one currently in place. I'm not sure why your plan is the correct one; will there be fewer people buying tickets and people in attendance at the game this year compared to your plan? No. Would there have been fewer tickets sold and people in attendance at the game last year? Most assuredly.

As has been pointed out to you on numerous occasion, tickets hav been available for at least the past two months. I bought mine back in September. It appears that the NCAA would like to reward the true fans of the game and not the fans of just two teams.

Bottom line is this is the way it is set up no matter how much you think it's wrong or how much whining you do. I think the vast majority of fans would prefer the current system as well.

SoCon48
December 24th, 2011, 09:02 PM
FIFY

I believe all 3 ASU championship games in Chatt sold out. I could be mistaken, but I know the last one was.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I believe all 3 ASU championship games in Chatt sold out. I could be mistaken, but I know the last one was.

It depends on what "sell out" means. they had 20k 22k and 23k respectively. Not sure which of those were true sell outs based on Finley's capacity and a shade over 20k

texcap
December 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM
It depends on what "sell out" means. they had 20k 22k and 23k respectively. Not sure which of those were true sell outs based on Finley's capacity and a shade over 20k

Some one from Chattanooga can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the difference in the attendance numbers was due to additional seating and standing room only tickets being sold at games #2 and #3 after the main seating had been sold out. They did not do the same thing for the first game. I'm not sure if you remember but this additional seating, in the east end zone, caused the controversy with the fans surrounding the field at the end of the ASU-Delaware game (#3).

Houndawg
December 25th, 2011, 07:36 AM
This is kind of why it needs to be in Omaha or something like that.

199 miles vs. 1030 miles If Montana would have won you would have had 2 teams tavelling literally across the country to get to the game.

xthumbsupx

Carbondale, Il, is centrally located and SIU has a brand new stadium.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
xthumbsupx

Carbondale, Il, is centrally located and SIU has a brand new stadium.

Does the SIU stadium hold over 20,000?

Some tickets are said to free up in the next couple weeks. Said tickets will be equally distributed between the 2 schools. NDSU had over 7000 request for their 3500 tickets, another thousand went to players, families and school officials.

Houndawg
December 25th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Does the SIU stadium hold over 20,000?

Some tickets are said to free up in the next couple weeks. Said tickets will be equally distributed between the 2 schools. NDSU had over 7000 request for their 3500 tickets, another thousand went to players, families and school officials.

I believe it holds 15k and there is a hill on the north end for overflow. Very few years that it wouldn't be enough venue. 50 degrees and sunny today.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I believe it holds 15k and there is a hill on the north end for overflow. Very few years that it wouldn't be enough venue. 50 degrees and sunny today.

The city would have to be able to handle an influx of at least 20-30k of people, an amount equal to its total population. I'm sure the Settle Inn of Carbondale would love to be full but I don't think the rest of the town would like it.

Dane96
December 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM

Tickets are not to be sold until the two championship teams are known. The allocation for each of those teams need not be equal and will be determined each year based on all relevant factors.

Any seats in the stadium left after the tickets have been allocated to the championship teams can then be sold to the public immediately.

This is the correct method to implement. It should've been implemented a long time ago and should be implemented starting next year.

If this plan had been followed this year, then the relevant factors would dictate that NDSU and SHSU's allocations would've been very close to half the stadium each. Other years with other teams, the factors would dictate smaller allocations and therefore more tickets available to the public immediately.

Ummmm...so should they do this for the Super Bowl, World Cup, Olympic Finals, etc, etc., etc.?

Seems to work for those competitions.

MplsBison
December 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I hate this whole argument mainly because I actually do like you. I just think this idea is absolutely crazy. You are proposing no tickets sold before the final week of the tournament. That runs counter to every sane business practice.

One week is just for tickets in the allocations that aren't sold the first two weeks. The idea there is just that if tickets were over-allocated to the championship schools then there would be a one week window for the public to buy them.

But, as I've already made very, very clear, the tickets that aren't part of the allocations would be available immediately once the championship teams are known. That's three weeks.

If it takes you more than three weeks to decide if you really want to go to the championship game or not, then you don't deserve to go period.

This year you might've had 8k allocations to both NDSU and SHSU, leaving 4-5k tickets immediately available to the public. Another year, with Bumblepiss St. and Jackwagon Tech, you may only have 2k allocations each and 17k tickets immediately available to the public.

The key, correct concepts are that the allocations change each year, given the factors and that no tickets are sold before those teams are known. As I said, three weeks is enough.

Sambow
December 26th, 2011, 07:41 PM
One week is just for tickets in the allocations that aren't sold the first two weeks. The idea there is just that if tickets were over-allocated to the championship schools then there would be a one week window for the public to buy them.

But, as I've already made very, very clear, the tickets that aren't part of the allocations would be available immediately once the championship teams are known. That's three weeks.

If it takes you more than three weeks to decide if you really want to go to the championship game or not, then you don't deserve to go period.

This year you might've had 8k allocations to both NDSU and SHSU, leaving 4-5k tickets immediately available to the public. Another year, with Bumblepiss St. and Jackwagon Tech, you may only have 2k allocations each and 17k tickets immediately available to the public.

The key, correct concepts are that the allocations change each year, given the factors and that no tickets are sold before those teams are known. As I said, three weeks is enough.

Agreed.

stevdock
December 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Sorry you can't put championship tickets available just 3 weeks before the game and expect it to sell out. But how about each team when put into the playoffs says to the NCAA what kind of championship ticket allocation they would need?? Then at the end of each week add up the highest allocation left and sell anything over that. The next week check it again and so on until we are at the championship game. Then the NCAA could sell as many tickets as possible beforehand along with keeping both championship teams happy. If those teams can't cover their allocation then they are on the hook for it.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2011, 10:57 PM
FWIW, there are very few seats in either the NDSU (sections 101-107) or SHSU (sections 126-132) allotments on the secondary markets. Part of that reason is that NDSU tickets haven't been assigned and recieved as of yet. But I think that trend will hold throughout the next 10 days.

Sambow
December 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry you can't put championship tickets available just 3 weeks before the game and expect it to sell out. But how about each team when put into the playoffs says to the NCAA what kind of championship ticket allocation they would need?? Then at the end of each week add up the highest allocation left and sell anything over that. The next week check it again and so on until we are at the championship game. Then the NCAA could sell as many tickets as possible beforehand along with keeping both championship teams happy. If those teams can't cover their allocation then they are on the hook for it.

I don't think covering allocations is an issue. I know of at least 30 people that applied for tickets through NDSU because we were already sold out. This would have been the same issue had ya'll played on Friday night.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2011, 06:28 AM
NDSU will have a very large contingent down in Frisco. It will be interesting to see how many SHSU fans actually come to the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Do Bison fans anticipate NDSU having a larger following in Frisco than SHSU? Is this going to be another subject where the SHSU fans will have to 'represent' and prove once more to the FCS national community that we have something that many believe we do not?

We'll see come Jan 7th. Bison fans travel very well. I don't know about a 50/50 split, but there will be a lot of green and yellow there.

A comparison would be if the game was held in the Metrodome in Minneapolis **. There would probably be 20-30K Bison fans there. Frisco should almost be a home game for SHSU. If SHSU had historically sold out a lot of home games then I would be inclined to say that there would be a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio in favor of SHSU. But with how well NDSU travels, IMO, it will be really close to being an even split....but I could be wrong.

**When we played the Gophers, the Gopher ticket people said there were 20-25k Bison fans at the game....including me....

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
It's the National Championship - BOTH schools will always be well represented. I'm sure Jan 7 will be no exception.

stevdock
December 27th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I don't think covering allocations is an issue. I know of at least 30 people that applied for tickets through NDSU because we were already sold out. This would have been the same issue had ya'll played on Friday night.

I understand that. Say last year EWU would have only asked for a 2K allotment and Delaware would have asked for 9K. Both would have been on the hook to cover those. This year say NDSU asked for 10K and SHSU asked for 7 or 8K. Also say App St asked for 12K and Montana asked for 10K. Then the NCAA couldn't sell any until those two schools were eliminated. Well just NDSU and SHSU are left then the NCAA sells 2-3K tickets and the rest are covered by the school.

This would also help the schools with their season ticket holders if they have a process like NDSU does. Basically the only people who could get tickets out of NDSU's allocation would be season ticket holders.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
FWIW, there are very few seats in either the NDSU (sections 101-107) or SHSU (sections 126-132) allotments on the secondary markets. Part of that reason is that NDSU tickets haven't been assigned and recieved as of yet. But I think that trend will hold throughout the next 10 days.

Bison fans must have gotten their seat assignments recently because there are 16 tickets for sale on SH in sections 101 - 107. You don't have to have received the tickets before selling them on SH.

http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2012-ncaa-division-1-fcs-football-championship-game-1-7-2012-2369154/?error_id=426110278

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Bison fans must have gotten their seat assignments recently because there are 16 tickets for sale on SH in sections 101 - 107. You don't have to have received the tickets before selling them on SH.

http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2012-ncaa-division-1-fcs-football-championship-game-1-7-2012-2369154/?error_id=426110278
That may be the case, the email we got from the ticket office said seating assignments would be made sometime in between 12/27 and 1/3. It would piss me off if some NDSU fans who got their tickets from our allotment would sell tickets on the secondary market when there were thousands of ticket requests turned away by the ticket office. I guess they've earned it by their giving level but I'd think if you've donated that much to NDSU athletics you'd be a little above making a few hundred scalping tickets.

crossfire07
December 27th, 2011, 10:51 AM
We'll see come Jan 7th. Bison fans travel very well. I don't know about a 50/50 split, but there will be a lot of green and yellow there.

A comparison would be if the game was held in the Metrodome in Minneapolis **. There would probably be 20-30K Bison fans there. Frisco should almost be a home game for SHSU. If SHSU had historically sold out a lot of home games then I would be inclined to say that there would be a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio in favor of SHSU. But with how well NDSU travels, IMO, it will be really close to being an even split....but I could be wrong.

**When we played the Gophers, the Gopher ticket people said there were 20-25k Bison fans at the game....including me....

It is hard for Sam to sell out games giving the other teams they have to compete with for fans. NDSU wouldn't have sell outs if they had a Texas, Texas A&M and others just down the road but since those teams are not playing that night, Sam will easily have more people there pulling for them.

NDSUdonny
December 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM

They are working on seat allocations today-thursday. I don't know where I'm sitting yet

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm telling you - SHSU has people with tickets that have not been to a Bearkat game in years. There's an untapped population of SHSU fans that are coming out of the woodworks and snatching up tickets. Just my Facebook friends alone is proof of that.

It's the same phenomenon we saw with SHSU playing in Reliant Stadium. Tons of folks buying up tickets that had not been to a game in years. Solid support by Houston alums. With the ticket situation what it is, I do not think it will be 2:1 SHSU, but I got a good feeling...

Think about it this way. to get 10,000 SHSU fans to the game, you will have to outsell your season ticket amount by 1538% To get 10,000 people to the game NDSU would have to outsell the season ticket amount by 105%

There were in excess of 7500 requests for just over 3000 tickets that NDSU sold, that leaves a surplus of 4500 ticket requests. These are people who are willing to drive/fly 1000 miles to come see this game. People who have already plunked down 100-300 dollars for a ticket (even more). There are people just going without a ticket who will find one in the stadium.

To be a 2-1 ratio you would have to have less than 7000 NDSU fans to 13,000 SHSU fans. The math doesn't work out.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2011, 11:24 AM
To also give the NDSU folks a better idea of what Sam competes with every fall - besides Texas, Texas A&M, etc we had 2 state championships that have outdrawn EVERY bowl game played to date.

Southlake Carroll vs Hightower - 42,896
Aledo vs Manvel - 43,369

Yes - HIGH SCHOOL!!

There are several schools just in the Houston area who play in front of 10-12k each week & that only increases in the playoffs. Not uncommon for crowds of 25-30k to witness 2nd round playoff matchups. FCS football struggles enough competing with the FBS schools across the country but it's EXTREMELY hard in the Lone Star State. It's not a knock on the states of North Dakota, Montana, Delaware, etc but you guys do have quite an advantage of being the only show in town (as far as attendance). Fact of the matter is though it will not translate to who will win this game.

You can crunch all the #'s you want with population, square miles, enrollment, etc. This is just the way it is in Texas. As a Sam alum and FCS fan, I wish it were different, but it's just not. And with Texas getting $300M from ESPN for the Longhorn Network, A&M going to the SEC next year, Baylor fielding the current Heisman Trophy winner, UH coming off a record season, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Too bad Jan 7 isn't tomorrow.

Bearkat-Backer
December 27th, 2011, 11:37 AM
There were in excess of 7500 requests for just over 3000 tickets that NDSU sold

Some of those requests were from SHSU fans trying to get tickets before they realized how the NDSU tickets were going to be issued. After the SHSU and NCAA tickets were sold out a lot of our fans put in requests with the NDSU ticket office.

MplsBison
December 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
To also give the NDSU folks a better idea of what Sam competes with every fall - besides Texas, Texas A&M, etc we had 2 state championships that have outdrawn EVERY bowl game played to date.

Aledo vs Manvel - 43,369

Yes - HIGH SCHOOL!!

There are several schools just in the Houston area who play in front of 10-12k each week & that only increases in the playoffs. Not uncommon for crowds of 25-30k to witness 2nd round playoff matchups. FCS football struggles enough competing with the FBS schools across the country but it's EXTREMELY hard in the Lone Star State. It's not a knock on the states of North Dakota, Montana, Delaware, etc but you guys do have quite an advantage of being the only show in town (as far as attendance). Fact of the matter is though it will not translate to who will win this game.

You can crunch all the #'s you want with population, square miles, enrollment, etc. This is just the way it is in Texas. As a Sam alum and FCS fan, I wish it were different, but it's just not. And with Texas getting $300M from ESPN for the Longhorn Network, A&M going to the SEC next year, Baylor fielding the current Heisman Trophy winner, UH coming off a record season, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Casual fans want to watch the big leagues and they want to watch winners.

FCS is the same thing as DII and DIII to the casual fan. It looks the same on TV. Doesn't matter what the actual thing is, they see what it is in their minds.

We're never going to get the casual fan in this division. Never. Just us hardcore fans.

ThompsonThe
December 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Would have been shocked if this had not been a sell out.

By the way Sam Houston: I want your OC in Boone. He has his act together. Offense can be beautiful when it is run correctly. Hats off to him.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Would have been shocked if this had not been a sell out.

By the way Sam Houston: I want your OC in Boone. He has his act together. Offense can be beautiful when it is run correctly. Hats off to him.

I hope we can keep him though not sure he'd accept another FCS coordinator position. The next move for him is a FCS (or lower) HC position or a FBS coordinator position. He's had a very good year and this offense has really improved each week.

Bison06
December 27th, 2011, 05:00 PM

Aledo vs Manvel - 43,369

Yes - HIGH SCHOOL!!

Texas has 21 Division I institutions and a population of 25,674,681.

North Dakota has 2 Division I institutions and a population of 683,932.

Texas has 1.2 million fans for every Division I school.

North Dakota has 350k for each Division I school.

Yes you have a lot of competition for fans and NDSU is the only show in town, but it's the only show in the 2nd least populated state in the country.

Not to mention the x-factor of Texas being widely known as the most football crazy state in country, you would think that any team from Texas in a national championship would be all the buzz.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Yes you have a lot of competition for fans and NDSU is the only show in town, but it's the only show in the 2nd least populated state in the country.

Not to mention the x-factor of Texas being widely known as the most football crazy state in country, you would think that any team from Texas in a national championship would be all the buzz.

The game is sold out. How much more buzz do you want?

Bison06
December 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
At least 50% more.

Grizalltheway
December 27th, 2011, 05:14 PM

Hold it bub-Wyoming and Vermont both have lower populations than ND. xnonox

Carry on...

Grizalltheway
December 27th, 2011, 05:21 PM
At least 50% more.

I think it really just needs more cowbell.

ThompsonThe
December 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Can we just borrow him for the Montana and East Carolina games the first two weeks of the season?

Bison06
December 27th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hold it bub-Wyoming and Vermont both have lower populations than ND. xnonox

Carry on...

Damn, you're right. We are only slightly less desolate than I lead everyone to believe. My whole argument is now useless. ha.

chazg
December 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Don't forget that Texas has several D2, D3, NAIA, and Junior Colleges that offer football and take players and a smaller number of viewers. Another note is that several high schools share the same field and you have games on Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. Football is crazy there.

Bison06
December 28th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Don't forget that Texas has several D2, D3, NAIA, and Junior Colleges that offer football and take players and a smaller number of viewers. Another note is that several high schools share the same field and you have games on Thursday and Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. Football is crazy there.

D2 and NAIA are also in ND. Many high schools play games at NDSU's home stadium as well, most years the state championships are there too.

LakesBison
December 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
standing room only on jan 3 should be fun to see how long those last.

I know a few people that are hoping for those

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 02:37 PM
D2 and NAIA are also in ND. Many high schools play games at NDSU's home stadium as well, most years the state championships are there too.

Oh don't kid yourself these texas guys know everything. There are only 2 college/universty in North Dakota not 20.

Texas would need 755 college/university to be comparible population wise to ND.

Texas has 181 college/universities.

For ND to match Texas in population per college/university North Dakota would need just under 4 college/university.

For every 34k people North Dakota has a college/university. For every 141k people texas has a college/university.

Bearkat-Backer
December 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM
There are 9 collegiate football programs in North Dakota and 42 in Texas. Not to mention that the entire country recruits in Texas even the North Dakota schools. We have a wealth of talent in Texas, but a large percentage of them will play ball out of state.

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM
There are 9 collegiate football programs in North Dakota and 42 in Texas. Not to mention that the entire country recruits in Texas even the North Dakota schools. We have a wealth of talent in Texas, but a large percentage of them will play ball out of state.

Okay, assume that all institutions of higher education are treated equally in regards to recruiting, for all practical purposes. Also assume that the population of ND is roughly 700,000 and the population of TX is roughly 25,000,000. If you take that 700,000 and divide it by 9, you get a total (theoretical) fanbase of 77,777 per institution. In Texas, if you do the same process, every school would have a (theoretical) fanbase of approximately 596,000. However, we all know that this isn't how recruiting goes. Almost every high school athlete would prefer attending a D1 college first, so let's assume that recruiters of D1 colleges get first pick. Now we have 2 D1 colleges in ND divided out over 700,000 people and 21 D1 colleges in TX divided out over 25,000,000. Now, each college in ND has roughly 350,000 people per fanbase to recruit from and each college in TX has approximately 1,200,000 people per fanbase to recruit from. Even though Texas has far more colleges, they still have a much larger amount of people to select from for recruiting purposes. Now I digress...

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Are we really trying to compare the state of North Dakota to Texas in regards to football?! That seems like a waste of time. Anyone that is truly honest with themselves knows that this is really not close.

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Are we really trying to compare the state of North Dakota to Texas in regards to football?! That seems like a waste of time. Anyone that is truly honest with themselves knows that this is really not close.

You mad /b/ro?

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Don't forget that Fargo is right on the Border with Minnesota. I'm not sure exactly where some of the D-III schools are, but there about 7 D-II schools in Minnesota and northeastern S.D within 250 miles of Fargo and about the same number of D-III football schools. Concordia (D-III) and MSUM (D-II) have stadiums that are about 4 miles from the Fargodome.

xcoach2
December 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Don't forget that Fargo is right on the Border with Minnesota. I'm not sure exactly where some of the D-III schools are, but there about 7 D-II schools in Minnesota and northeastern S.D within 250 miles of Fargo and about the same number of D-III football schools. Concordia (D-III) and MSUM (D-II) have stadiums that are about 4 miles from the Fargodome.

All of these schools are little fish football-wise compared to the Bison. Sam Houston St is the little fish in Texas. As a former coach I get FCS level football and I think your passion for FCS football is awesome. I just don't understand your desire to attack other fan bases over a concept that you can't grasp. Be proud of what you have but there is no reason to beat your chests over it and act like a bunch of jerks. Sam Houston St will have plenty of fans there on 1/7 and that is all you need to worry about.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/42538/wambulance_logo.jpg

Bearkat-Backer
December 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Okay, assume that all institutions of higher education are treated equally in regards to recruiting, for all practical purposes. Also assume that the population of ND is roughly 700,000 and the population of TX is roughly 25,000,000. If you take that 700,000 and divide it by 9, you get a total (theoretical) fanbase of 77,777 per institution. In Texas, if you do the same process, every school would have a (theoretical) fanbase of approximately 596,000. However, we all know that this isn't how recruiting goes. Almost every high school athlete would prefer attending a D1 college first, so let's assume that recruiters of D1 colleges get first pick. Now we have 2 D1 colleges in ND divided out over 700,000 people and 21 D1 colleges in TX divided out over 25,000,000. Now, each college in ND has roughly 350,000 people per fanbase to recruit from and each college in TX has approximately 1,200,000 people per fanbase to recruit from. Even though Texas has far more colleges, they still have a much larger amount of people to select from for recruiting purposes. Now I digress...

You ignored the fact that the majority of DI schools in the country are also competing for the same Texas players. Your whole premise is flawed from the start. Here are some numbers for you. Texas has about 8% of the nations population, but about 15% of all FBS players are from Texas.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2011, 03:59 PM
You ignored the fact that the majority of DI schools in the country are also competing for the same Texas players. Your whole premise is flawed from the start. Here are some numbers for you. Texas has about 8% of the nations population, but about 15% of all FBS players are from Texas.

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

xcoach2
December 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/42538/wambulance_logo.jpg

LOL. North Dakota is about the most worthless state in the country. No wonder the weirdos that live there sequester themselves in such a ****hole.

TheBisonator
December 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
LOL. North Dakota is about the most worthless state in the country. No wonder the weirdos that live there sequester themselves in such a ****hole.

Tens of billions in oil revenues say otherwise.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Tens of billions in oil revenues say otherwise.

I may be working there soon. Everybody in my business is heading that way. However, our football in Texas is still better. :D

xcoach2
December 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I may be working there soon. Everybody in my business is heading that way. However, our football in Texas is still better. :D

Exactly, Texans have already taken control of the ND oil industry.

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Exactly, Texans have already taken control of the ND oil industry.

Corrections. The Texans that can't support themselves in their own state are coming to ND to share in the wealth.

Sammy94
December 28th, 2011, 04:48 PM
NDSU's home stadium

Does NDSU own the Fargo Dome? I may be wrong but I thought they rented the place.

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Does NDSU own the Fargo Dome? I may be wrong but I thought they rented the place.

The sentence "NDSU's home stadium" could be taken in two ways:
1) that they own the place
2) that this is the location of home games

The correct answer is number 2.

NDSU owns the land that the Fargodome sits on and the city paid something like $500,000 initially and $1 per every year following to rent the land in a 100 year agreement. Not a bad deal considering NDSU gets a place to play football and some money on the side.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Corrections. The Texans that can't support themselves in their own state are coming to ND to share in the wealth.

Wait a second hoss, I never talked **** about your state or your people. We have plenty of our own oil and gas here and have for the last 100 years. Take it easy on "not being able to take care of ourselves". I'm sure we Texans are doing just fine.

Vitojr130
December 28th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Wait a second hoss, I never talked **** about your state or your people. We have plenty of our own oil and gas here and have for the last 100 years. Take it easy on "not being able to take care of ourselves". I'm sure we Texans are doing just fine.

You clearly have not seen the type of people our oil boom attracts. It's not talking ***** when it's truth. People from all over the country are flocking here in campers because they cannot afford any better at home. The men send money home to their wives. It is how it is. Just because you have plenty of your own oil and what not does not mean you have enough jobs for the people that want to work in that industry. You Texans are not doing fine as your state has the 2nd highest debt. You are bringing down the country. And with this, I am out for a few hours.

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
You clearly have not seen the type of people our oil boom attracts. It's not talking ***** when it's truth. People from all over the country are flocking here in campers because they cannot afford any better at home. The men send money home to their wives. It is how it is. Just because you have plenty of your own oil and what not does not mean you have enough jobs for the people that want to work in that industry. You Texans are not doing fine as your state has the 2nd highest debt. You are bringing down the country. And with this, I am out for a few hours.

You are so right. Texas sucks and NORTH DAKOTA is what keeps this country afloat......ok

Sambow
December 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Where are you getting your debt numbers? Find me something.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=383&d=1214037416