PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to NDSU from an Eagle fan

GSU Eagle
December 17th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I give NDSU credit for hammering us today, especially in the last quarter and half of the game. When we fumbled the ball on NDSU's 2 yard line instead of tying the game up 14-14 it just seemed the wheels came off of the GSU wagon. After that we proceeded to allow a 90 plus yard TD drive for NDSU to make it 20-7. We fight back again to get down near the goal line and get stopped on 4th and goal. After that NDSU took over the game totally.

35-7 is a bad loss. We will take our medicine and go back and try to find a way to get thru the semis next year. Frustrating last 2 years losing big in the semis 2 years in a row at Delaware and now today at NDSU.

Congrats on the win today. You certainly deserve to be playing for the national championship.

Kill'em
December 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
The Bison definitely earned this one. We were thoroughly dominated.

I-16Bandit
December 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Indeed. Congrats To NDSU. Great game. I'll personally be rooting for you against SHSU.

Great game.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Good season guys, but southern speed is a joke. We were bigger faster stronger and deeper. Anywho, great season and you should be proud of your players.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
You Eagles fans are great football fans, may we meet again someday.

Hammerhead
December 17th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I was nervous before this game. It turns out the southern speed isn't any faster than the much-touted eastern speed the JMU fans warned us about.

TheBisonator
December 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the post. GSU fans are passionate like Bison fans, and I understand you guys better than teams that have only 2 fans on the internet.

Good luck in '12

westdakotabison
December 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Good season guys, but southern speed is a joke. We were bigger faster stronger and deeper. Anywho, great season and you should be proud of your players.

Thanks GSU fans. Bison fans, show some class.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks GSU fans. Bison fans, show some class.

They brag up southern speed all week, and our players burn theirs, they never burn us...

They say we must double team brent russel, I heard his name on maybe 3 plays. etc etc etc.

They deserve to be put in their place a little. They still had a great season.

GSUwinsagain
December 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Bison were better today in all phases. Good luck in NC game, will be rooting for you.
FCS football is getting really good again.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Bison were better today in all phases. Good luck in NC game, will be rooting for you.
FCS football is getting really good again.

So would we be a 6th place socon team? ;)

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM
To all the NDSU fans except for TwentySix and Lakes, congratulations. Your team is the real deal. You shut us down worse than Bama did. I have no doubt that you will win the National Championship. Good luck against SHSU.

TwentySix and Lakes, y'all two go take a lap. You're embarrassing the rest of your fans who have been classy.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:16 PM
So would we be a 6th place socon team? ;)

Come on. Take it to the game thread. Yes, there was a sincerely lack of humility in the ramp up to the game but this is a thread of contrition.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Come on. Take it to the game thread. Yes, there was a sincerely lack of humility in the ramp up to the game but this is a thread of contrition.

Ok fine :( 270 pages of southern **** talking and you get on me now :(

TwoFeathers
December 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I knew it was going to be ugly after the Eagles first series. NDSU was all over the triple option. They shut down the dive all day, and covered both the QB and the pitch to perfection. Never anywhere to go with the ball. I've never seen this Ga Southern team have to settle for so many 1, 2, 3 yard gains, and a whole bunch of -1, -2, -3. Tough outing, but that defense was phenomenal, and props for the preparation and execution.

TwoFeathers
December 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
To all the NDSU fans except for TwentySix and Lakes, congratulations. Your team is the real deal. You shut us down worse than Bama did. I have no doubt that you will win the National Championship. Good luck against SHSU.

TwentySix and Lakes, y'all two go take a lap. You're embarrassing the rest of your fans who have been classy.

Then again, it was the GSU fans who started a post that the ODU coach was a tool... after winning that game. Class???

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM

No, I feel just as good about shutting them up as you do. Some of them aren't dicks and are trying to make nice, they are doing it here. I just don't see the need to rub it in to these folks. I got a chance to talk some crap over on the other thread, it feels nice.

Eaglesrus
December 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'm going to put it extremely mildly and congratulate the Bison on a convincing victory. Both your team and fans lived up to the pre-game billing and more. Thanks to Bison Babe, Swaghook and all of the Horny Bison tailgate group for your outstanding hospitality. Hopefully we'll be able to reciprocate sometime. Good luck in Texas, this Eagle will be pulling for you!

jc414985
December 17th, 2011, 05:27 PM
I hate to bring it up, but im glad the score was what it was, sick of hearing about how the bison were going to stop the triple option? Nobody talked about how you would stop the bison offense. We just wore you out.. Well thanks for all the good posts after the game georgia southern fans, you have a great fan base and a rich history, we will meet again.. Have a safe trip home.

NDBISONGUY
December 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Two outstanding teams. Thanks to the classy GSU fans who ventured North to support their guys.

semobison
December 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM

True Bison fans Win with some humility!

Kill'em
December 17th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I am not a trash talker and I am rarely on this message board anymore. I just wanted to come and say congratulations but I didn't expect this. I guess when we lose we deserve this. Merry Christmas and best wishes in Frisco.

kfkolonel
December 17th, 2011, 05:40 PM
This EKU fan has seem some good GSU teams in the past and has admired their program. NDSU has a simply fearsome team. Beat Sam H.

ChristopherBearkat
December 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Congrats to both teams on an outstanding season. I'm looking forward to watching the Kats play the Bison since the last game at the Fargo Dome. This is going to be fun.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 17th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Then again, it was the GSU fans who started a post that the ODU coach was a tool... after winning that game. Class???

Yes, some of our fans did say that. I know I thought it but didn't say anything but congrats to them after the game. I figured I'd let them sort that out. I think our fans who did point that out weren't trying to be sore winners or unsportsmanlike. I think they were just shocked by the ODU coaches behavior (I mean, even the refs threw a flag on him for acting ridiculous).

I don't remember any of our people coming on here and calling ODU fans out.

BisonBabe
December 17th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I truly did not expect the game to be as lopsided as it was. I had the privilege of meeting some great GSU fans...I look forward to sometime seeing you down in your house and experiencing the southern hospitality we talked about. you have a great young team and have lots of good years ahead of you.

bisonguy
December 17th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all the congrats from the GSU fans. Your guys will be loaded next season and ravenous to make it past the semis.

Vitojr130
December 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Wow the tone on here changed dramatically. Thanks GSU for such an awesome game to watch! I can't talk or hear after this game! Front row of the student section and I could barely hear myself scream all game! Let's go NDSU! Bring home the Title!

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Wow the tone on here changed dramatically. Thanks GSU for such an awesome game to watch! I can't talk or hear after this game! Front row of the student section and I could barely hear myself scream all game! Let's go NDSU! Bring home the Title!

Number 9 baby.

GradBison
December 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the classy GSU fans. You guys have a great team good luck next year and congrats on back-to-back seasons in the final 4, no easy feat.

Eagle22
December 17th, 2011, 06:09 PM
The Bison definitely earned this one. We were thoroughly dominated.

Yep. Straight up beat in every facet.

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Congrats to the bison. I wish we had shown you our best today, but we didn't. Nevertheless, the better team won. Good luck in frisco.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Good game NDSU.

We definitely didn't play our best game on offense, but your defense can be credited with that. If I ever hear the name Heagle again it'll be too soon. He was a monster on our perimeter game like Bratton for UD was last year. The crowd definitely had an impact. We only false started once, but I think we were so concentrated on not false starting that it kept us from firing off the snap like we normally do and let the DL own the LOS. I don't think your defense could have played it any better.

Honestly, as soon as I saw our first series I felt like we might be in big trouble. I think we were totally intimidated by the environment in the Fargodome and that's a big credit to your fans. We looked like deer in the headlights the whole time. Domes should be outlawed as an unfair advantage ;)

In any case, I'm gonna be a sore loser and not cheer for you in the title game, but that's my perogative and in no way a slight at what you accomplished today. May we meet again, but I hope the next showdown is in Paulson.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Good game NDSU.

We definitely didn't play our best game on offense, but your defense can be credited with that. If I ever hear the name Heagle again it'll be too soon. He was a monster on our perimeter game like Bratton for UD was last year. The crowd definitely had an impact. We only false started once, but I think we were so concentrated on not false starting that it kept us from firing off the snap like we normally do and let the DL own the LOS. I don't think your defense could have played it any better.

Honestly, as soon as I saw our first series I felt like we might be in big trouble. I think we were totally intimidated by the environment in the Fargodome and that's a big credit to your fans. We looked like deer in the headlights the whole time. Domes should be outlawed as an unfair advantage ;)

In any case, I'm gonna be a sore loser and not cheer for you in the title game, but that's my perogative and in no way a slight at what you accomplished today. May we meet again, but I hope the next showdown is in Paulson.

Heagle is only a sophomore!

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Heagle is only a sophomore!

FML

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:17 PM
FML

So is Jensen. and Marcus Williams (even though that wasn't much of an issue today). Solid core for sure.

bullitt_60
December 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Also, FWIW, there are not many teams we have a losing record to... Ndsu is one of them. We will be back!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
So is Jensen. and Marcus Williams (even though that wasn't much of an issue today). Solid core for sure.

I believe if we had been able to actually score, it would have changed the offensive gameplan for you guys. Ya'll went into straight ball control at the end cause you were up. We did a good job of containing everything in the first half (minus going for the pick instead of keeping the play in front of us on that last big play). Heagle was definitely the player of the game though.

Vitojr130
December 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM

As well as almost everyone on our line. Oh, did someone mention #22 Sam Ojuri? This is such a young team and I expect greatness for years to come!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
As well as almost everyone on our line. Oh, did someone mention #22 Sam Ojuri? This is such a young team and I expect greatness for years to come!!

Dumb. Can't believe I forgot about him. I remember talking to my buddy early in the season asking "What do we do when DJ graduates?" almost on cue Sam blew up a big one. It was great.

Reign of Terrier
December 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Well, I didn't watch the last half of the quarter but from what I could tell, NDSU stopped the option. It's not easy, and the cornerstone is to make the option team commit some turnovers (the one in the redzone was forced for instance). Though GSU was able to get their yards, their defense had some exposed weaknesses in the playoffs with the passing game and NDSU took advantage of those weaknesses far greater than I expected. From there, it looked to put GSU off balanced defensively and they couldn't defend the run as well as they are used to. That's not an excuse, that's how good teams beat other teams, with strategy like that.

This game reminded me of the Wofford-GSU game this year (and I hate to bring my team into the thread but hear me out), it was close for the longest of times but seeing as both teams play ball control and run the ball as their offense, and end the end it kind of snowballed to a one-sided affair in the end. Could the outcome been differently, had one or two plays bounced GSU's way? possibly, but from an outsider's perspective, I was rooting for GSU and watching all the mistakes with turnovers and bad play-calling, I didn't think they would win after the fake FG (which was a bad play call), because having watched a few games played by option offenses, when so many things go wrong you kind of see it coming.

NDSU is definitely one of the best teams in the country though, and deserves to be in the National championship game. I can't guess who will win it though, Sam Houston impressed me greatly and then NDSU did the same today.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
We averaged 8.5 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per reception...

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2011, 06:36 PM
It was a weird game. I could feel that GSU was just about ready to get the TO rolling, and then the big play didnt come. I know they the Eagles arent a passing team, but they did have success when they did. I think with there was more a pass/run mix early in the game it might have kept the Bison D more honest against the run.

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
It was a weird game. I could feel that GSU was just about ready to get the TO rolling, and then the big play didnt come. I know they the Eagles arent a passing team, but they did have success when they did. I think with there was more a pass/run mix early in the game it might have kept the Bison D more honest against the run.

We should have passed a lot more early on, but we didn't. We were bound and determined to run it but we weren't taking advantage of what NDSU was doing. We've had good success with the intermediate passing game all year.

stevdock
December 17th, 2011, 07:23 PM
We should have passed a lot more early on, but we didn't. We were bound and determined to run it but we weren't taking advantage of what NDSU was doing. We've had good success with the intermediate passing game all year.

I agree with you. It looked like to me that most of the game our corners were playing alot of man coverage and were told to not get beat deep. The other 8 1/2 were completely focused on the run. You guys have a great team and had a great season. I was so worried it was going to be a track meet instead of a football game. That football game broke out and it was completely to our advantage.

Eaglesrus
December 17th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Can't let this go without mention; since my last post in this thread we went out and grabbed a beer and burger. When we asked for our check we (the 3 of us) were told that our check had been picked up by an NDSU STUDENT! We couldn't believe it. I hope that he reads this board. In case you do, thanks again!

eaglewraith
December 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Can't let this go without mention; since my last post in this thread we went out and grabbed a beer and burger. When we asked for our check we (the 3 of us) were told that our check had been picked up by an NDSU STUDENT! We couldn't believe it. I hope that he reads this board. In case you do, thanks again!

Wow that's pretty awesome. Kudos to that kid.

proasu89
December 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Oil Barronxlolx

Congrats to SHSU and NDSU! Montana and GSU, see ya next year!

Twentysix
December 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Oil Barronxlolx

Congrats to SHSU and NDSU! Montana and GSU, see ya next year!

Doubtful. Just a nice kid using loans on others. Very few NDSU students are from oil country. I am one of them, but am not yet an oil barron...keeping my fingers crossed.

MSUBobcat
December 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Awesome sportsmanship. After reading like 80 pages of the pre-game thread, I couldn't take any more. It's nice that even though there was some (lots of) pre-game trash talking, the ND politeness that the people are known for still existed post-game. xbowx As a ND native, it is one of the aspects of the state that I am most proud of.

Kill'em
December 21st, 2011, 12:00 PM
Trash-talking is part of all of this. Unfortunately, some take it too far. Those who do talk better be prepared to have it put back in their faces when they lose. After a few days to think about the game, I don't remember us trying any mis-direction on offense. As fast as NDSU's defense got to the ball, I can't help thinking had we tried more mis-direction, it might have taken some of the aggressiveness out of the defense. I might be wrong, though. I also felt the coaches got too tricky with some of the play-calling. Really, what were they thinking at the end of the first half? It might be another testament to the NDSU defense. Just the opposite of Alabama, who let the play come to them. NDSU crashed either the defensive ends or OLBs to force the QB to pitch early and #20 flying to the pitchman like Polamalu and got a lot of negative yards.

As for next year's offense, it will be markedly different. We will be trading passing ability for speed. One of our safeties was actually the back-up QB. The third-stringer is a red-shirt freshman and we have a kid red-shirting this year who might be the best of the three. We also lose the #1 returner in the nation who is also our best cover corner to go with our kicker and punter. Next year will be interesting in Statesboro.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Trash-talking is part of all of this. Unfortunately, some take it too far. Those who do talk better be prepared to have it put back in their faces when they lose. After a few days to think about the game, I don't remember us trying any mis-direction on offense. As fast as NDSU's defense got to the ball, I can't help thinking had we tried more mis-direction, it might have taken some of the aggressiveness out of the defense. I might be wrong, though. I also felt the coaches got too tricky with some of the play-calling. Really, what were they thinking at the end of the first half? It might be another testament to the NDSU defense. Just the opposite of Alabama, who let the play come to them. NDSU crashed either the defensive ends or OLBs to force the QB to pitch early and #20 flying to the pitchman like Polamalu and got a lot of negative yards.

As for next year's offense, it will be markedly different. We will be trading passing ability for speed. One of our safeties was actually the back-up QB. The third-stringer is a red-shirt freshman and we have a kid red-shirting this year who might be the best of the three. We also lose the #1 returner in the nation who is also our best cover corner to go with our kicker and punter. Next year will be interesting in Statesboro.

Stick around and read some of the Sam Houston posts. Apparently you have a simple vanilla offense and are "mediocre" at best. I guess that's what happened, huh? I didn't really see that.

eaglewraith
December 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM

Couple of points. We should have better passing ability next year. Izzy and Prince (unsure of McKinnon) have the deep strike ability in the passing game. Shaw was great at the short to intermediate stuff but wasn't really able to stretch the field. Also McKinnon was in at corner for the most part. He was all over Maine's receivers the prior game, he just wasn't much of a factor in the NDSU game. I don't really recall them throwing to his area that much.

deez_na
December 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
I'm new to the board but always been a Bison fan, that was a great game and i was worried it was gonna be a tough uptempo game with that tough running game. I'm glad we pulled it out and it sounds like you eagles and the rest of the bison fans had a good time on here, wish i could have been a part of it. Congrats on a good season. I still feel you were the team to beat even more so than Sam Houston but that won't be an easy game either. I just hope we can stop their speed. Go Bison

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM
I'm new to the board but always been a Bison fan, that was a great game and i was worried it was gonna be a tough uptempo game with that tough running game. I'm glad we pulled it out and it sounds like you eagles and the rest of the bison fans had a good time on here, wish i could have been a part of it. Congrats on a good season. I still feel you were the team to beat even more so than Sam Houston but that won't be an easy game either. I just hope we can stop their speed. Go Bison

We can't possibly take this guy serious...did you see when he joined?? Dec of 2011.............................................. ...............OH NO ! ! ! ! ! ! xeekx

Not to mention he called Sam "fast." Psshhhhhhh..........obviously doesn't watch any fooooosball.

deez_na
December 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM
We can't possibly take this guy serious...did you see when he joined?? Dec of 2011.............................................. ...............OH NO ! ! ! ! ! ! xeekx

Not to mention he called Sam "fast." Psshhhhhhh..........obviously doesn't watch any fooooosball.

I joined cause i happened to run across this message board when i was searching for Ga Southern vs NDSU game and this board popped up. Nobody talks d1aa football on the espn message board so it's pointless to bring it up. I've been a bison fan for over 20 years. Don't try act like i'm some bandwagoner.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 04:29 PM
You missed the joke.

deez_na
December 21st, 2011, 04:33 PM
You must be referring to Sam being fast huh? I assume that's what you were getting at but I haven't read alot of quotes on these message boards yet. I figured you were probably joking but maybe were serious about me being a bandwagon since I just joined. Ha just realized the thread about joining December 2011, my team: Sam Houston St. I got ya now.

Sam_Kats
December 21st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Started by a Bison fan....just ironic. Anyway.............................carry on.

gotts
December 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Started by a Bison fan....just ironic. Anyway.............................carry on.

Take your ironing elsewhere :D

gsu6trophies
December 21st, 2011, 08:17 PM

Yes it was "GSU fans" that started that thread. All of us, together, in one fell swoop started that thread. You are the reason why I hardly ever check and will probably not read this board anymore. You are an ***. I go news for you. GSU fans is not all one person. you suck

X-Factor
December 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Take your ironing elsewhere :D

i usually have the cleaners deal with mine