PDA

View Full Version : More legal problems in Missoula

NTN GRIZ
December 16th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Love my Griz, but this **** is getting ridiculous. Even if these guys, and the ones before them, didn't do what they are accused of; how can they be so stupid as to put themselves in these situations? I think we need after game curfews...

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/officials-investigate-report-of-sexual-assault-involving-um-players-date/article_1c8651af-9991-5275-a87f-f43986029325.html?mode=story

Hansel
December 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Word is O'Day is so mad at the UM players that...... he is going to suspend Spadola from the Lehigh team banquet.

gataeagles7
December 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Love my Griz, but this **** is getting ridiculous. Even if these guys, and the ones before them, didn't do what they are accused of; how can they be so stupid as to put themselves in these situations? I think we need after game curfews...

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/officials-investigate-report-of-sexual-assault-involving-um-players-date/article_1c8651af-9991-5275-a87f-f43986029325.html?mode=story

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-dog-pictures-dog-makes-scooby-doo-noise.jpg?w=500&h=363

Word is O'Day is so mad at the UM players that...... he is going to suspend Spadola from the Lehigh team banquet.

xsmileyclapx

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 16th, 2011, 10:26 AM
From what I have heard, the three alleged suspects were not allowed to make the trip to texas, they were not starters.

asumike83
December 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Fill me in please, what happened?

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM

At least three University of Montana football players were involved in a sexual assault, reportedly aided by a date-rape drug, of two women on campus last weekend, a source with direct knowledge of the case told the Missoulian.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/officials-investigate-report-of-sexual-assault-involving-um-players-date/article_1c8651af-9991-5275-a87f-f43986029325.html#ixzz1giS7y4zK

If the players accused of this end up playing tonight.... oh boy.... I hope no Lehigh fans find out about it.

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM

16346.....YEAH..FILL US IN....NOT OPENIN' ANYMO' LINX......'TIL..DUH BAD DRUGS....ARE FOUND.....xsmhx...BRAWK!

asumike83
December 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
If the players accused of this end up playing tonight.... oh boy.... I hope no Lehigh fans find out about it.

D'oh! I did not see the edited post with the link to the article, thanks though.

MR. CHICKEN
December 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
D'oh! I did not see the edited post with the link to the article, thanks though.

ME TOO...PROF............:o.....BRAWK!

Tod
December 16th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Apparently the three accused players did not make the trip. If they are guilty, I think we can all rest assured that they will be kicked off of the team, out of school, and go to prison. **** them. This is much bigger (potentially) than football. There are (alleged) victims here and a serious, serious crime. This is an embarrassment to the University of Montana, and, if guilty, these guys just ****ed up their lives.

In addition to this case, I think there needs to be some sort of investigation into the Grizzly football program. Just what is going on that we seem to have so many douche-bags and idiots on our team? End that ****, even if it has a negative impact on our ability to win. Football is fun, but it's not worth this ****!

LakesBison
December 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
is spadola is suspended by a TWEET... why arent these 3 *** clowns suspended?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Apparently the three accused players did not make the trip. If they are guilty, I think we can all rest assured that they will be kicked off of the team, out of school, and go to prison. **** them. This is much bigger (potentially) than football. There are (alleged) victims here and a serious, serious crime. This is an embarrassment to the University of Montana, and, if guilty, these guys just ****ed up their lives.

In addition to this case, I think there needs to be some sort of investigation into the Grizzly football program. Just what is going on that we seem to have so many douche-bags and idiots on our team? End that ****, even if it has a negative impact on our ability to win. Football is fun, but it's not worth this ****!

It's the problem a lot of big-time programs. Look at Penn State and Syracuse. It's all relative too. Obviously we saw what happens here at Ohio State but even I remember back in the mid 90's there was a huge problem at NDSU. Rocky Hager let the success get to his head a little bit and just wanted to recruit the best athletes regardless of what kind of people they were.

Case in point, I can't remember what the kid's name was but there was a pretty big running back at NDSU in the early 90's that tried to shake me down for the pizza I was trying to deliver to one of the dorms. He had a bunch of his buddies and they gave me a really hard time before they let me go do my job. That was one of Rocky's boys and he was a thug. Football tends to come first in a lot of places.

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM
is spadola is suspended by a TWEET... why arent these 3 *** clowns suspended?

My guess is the three have been suspended from the team but their names have not been released because a police report has not been filed. I would bet there are some legal issues about releasing names before they are arrested or charged. When and if arrests are made, UM has policies in place that will determine their status as students.

Cleets
December 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM

This ^ is spot on...!!!

NDB
December 16th, 2011, 12:20 PM

If your interested, the Bison play tomorrow. We can always use another fan.

PAllen
December 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

BisonLakes
December 16th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't O'Day make an official announcement on the suspensions has the head of the NCAA FCS Committee? There is precedent.

van
December 16th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Shouldn't O'Day make an official announcement on the suspensions has the head of the NCAA FCS Committee? There is precedent.

You are making a big assumption that he suspended them. They are only accused of a crime, not making a derogatory comment.

BearIt
December 16th, 2011, 01:57 PM
You are making a big assumption that he suspended them. They are only accused of a crime, not making a derogatory comment.

Exactly, Someone said that the players did something. Compared to the Lehigh WR who actually did do something. At this point in time the law hasn't accused them of a crime.

For the university or the newspaper to release their names to the public with no charges filed would put them in a very bad spot legally. Especially if no charges are made by the police. Remember what happened at Duke.

MTfan4life
December 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Accused of a crime. Under your logic, I want Georgia Southern to win, so I'm going to go accuse DJ McNorton and MWill of robbing me and because of that they should be suspended. According to you and the other Montana crime trolls, simply because these players are accused of something, they should immediately be expelled from life. So, once I accuse these two NDSU players, they should be suspended too. Have you ever in your life heard of someone being WRONGFULLY accused. I'm not saying these guys or any dumb Griz athlete to do this **** are, but that's why O Day let's the law play it's course. Because he doesn't want to punish them for something they may not have done. This just happened. There's no way to tell that they definitely did it this soon. How could he release a statement suspending them unless he had video evidence of them doing this? There's not even a police report yet. How about you and all the other Montana crime trolls just let the justice system take its course? This is all some witch hunt to all of you.

BearIt
December 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Accused of a crime. Under your logic, I want Georgia Southern to win, so I'm going to go accuse DJ McNorton and MWill of robbing me and because of that they should be suspended. According to you and the other Montana crime trolls, simply because these players are accused of something, they should immediately be expelled from life. So, once I accuse these two NDSU players, they should be suspended too. Have you ever in your life heard of someone being WRONGFULLY accused. I'm not saying these guys or any dumb Griz athlete to do this **** are, but that's why O Day let's the law play it's course. Because he doesn't want to punish them for something they may not have done. This just happened. There's no way to tell that they definitely did it this soon. How could he release a statement suspending them unless he had video evidence of them doing this? There's not even a police report yet. How about you and all the other Montana crime trolls just let the justice system take its course? This is all some witch hunt to all of you.

I was once accused of sexual harrassment in the work place by a co-worker. She had a completely made up story and the only defense I had was "I didn't do it." It was a ****ty position to be in. Luckily the management was level headed and systematic in their approach and didn't jump the gun to fire or suspend me. Eventually the person admitted she made it up. She was fired shortly there after.

I'm not saying something did or did not happen. I'm just saying innocent people get hurt if you take harsh actions without facts.

GrizzlyEdd
December 16th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Why is it that most people seem to "JUMP" on this kind of isht. There is no proof of any Griz player being involved. This is pure conjecture and sensationalism on the part of the reporter from the Missoulian. This paper is one of the worst in the state if not the worst. There have not been any arrests, there has been no police involvement, there is an investigation ongoing by a former Montana Supreme Court Justice hired by the University. If the Griz players were in anyway involved, they would not be in Huntsville tonight. COME ON PEOPLE.... YOU BELIEVE ANY DAMN THING some one says that is sensational... get a grip. If you wanna convict someone of a crime, look in the mirror and be the one to cast the first stone... a bunch of mindless sheep...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Yeah, this stuff ALWAYS has to be taken seriously. Get the stars out of your eyes. What if it was your sister?

NTN GRIZ
December 16th, 2011, 02:38 PM

That's why I said:

Funny, I don't end up accused of these things and I don't get "tazed." Why? Because I don't put myself in those situations. The last two incidences appear to have happened after games. Seems a need to grow up and tone down the post game festivities. I don't need these clowns giving the program I love a black eye.

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah, this stuff ALWAYS has to be taken seriously. Get the stars out of your eyes. What if it was your sister?

If it was my sister, I probably wouldn't want a bunch of message board jockeys sensationalizing and speculating about it before anything formal has even happened. But that's just me.

BearIt
December 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM
That's why I said:

Funny, I don't end up accused of these things and I don't get "tazed." Why? Because I don't put myself in those situations. The last two incidences appear to have happened after games. Seems a need to grow up and tone down the post game festivities. I don't need these clowns giving the program I love a black eye.

All I did to get my self in the situation of being wrongfully accused of sexual harrassment was go to work and do my job.

I guess if you are never in the presence of a woman and have proof that you were never in the presence of a woman for your entire life you will not be put in that situation.

NTN GRIZ
December 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
All I did to get my self in the situation of being wrongfully accused of sexual harrassment was go to work and do my job.

I guess if you are never in the presence of a woman and have proof that you were never in the presence of a woman for your entire life you will not be put in that situation.

I was not responding to your post. But I'll respond to you anyway...

The "situation" they were in was not the presence of woman. It was likely the presence of low life a-holes (that could do something like that). That was the situation to avoid. It's basic stuff for "celebrities" and often part of their orientation. I don't hang with those types of people. I'm not getting stinking drunk late at night and getting confrontational. I'm an adult and so are they. I know they're college students. I know I was different in college. However, they're representing the University and tax payers of Montana (and therefore ME). This changes the bar to which they should be held. Be an adult and party responsibly, while watching out for shysters.

LakesBison
December 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
so if these 3 didnt make it. WHO are they. name names. whats the difference, we wont see them tonight on the field, right?

veinup
December 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
so if these 3 didnt make it. WHO are they. name names. whats the difference, we wont see them tonight on the field, right?

jordan johnson, peter nguyen, ryan featherston. we're ****ed!

LakesBison
December 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
yikes wait NOO

Oct 20, 2010 – Peter was baptized in the Eastside region of the Seattle Church of Christ, and is ... “Montana called me up and I was surprised,” Nguyen said

Grizalltheway
December 16th, 2011, 04:45 PM
WTF is wrong with you?

SeattleGriz
December 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Seems the sexual assault story is already unraveling.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/woman-goes-to-police-about-possible-assault-at-party-as/article_35197efa-282d-11e1-9612-0019bb2963f4.html

MISSOULA — A woman told Missoula police that she woke up the morning after attending a party and felt like she had been assaulted, but she couldn't remember what happened, a police detective said Friday.
The woman made her report to police on Thursday, the same day the University of Montana launched an outside investigation into allegations that two female students may have been given a date-rape drug and sexually assaulted by male students.
Neither police nor the university has named the people involved and The Associated Press does not report the names of victims of sexual assault.
The woman went to police on Thursday afternoon and told officers that she went to a party on South Higgins Street on the night of Dec. 3, said Detective Sgt. Travis Welsh. The woman said she woke up the next day feeling that she had been physically assaulted, but not sexually assaulted, Welsh said.
"She can't remember a specific incident that made her feel that way," Welsh said. "At this point, we can't even say that a crime has occurred."
Welsh said he did not know who was hosting the party.

veinup
December 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
welp, that about wraps it up.

MTfan4life
December 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Isn't this how witch hunts always turn out. Luckily we're well past the 1600's and don't act on things as fast as some people around here might believe would be the best way to do so. Also, Nodak4ever, my sister wouldn't be dumb enough to get into a drunk situation with a group of football players, so I couldn't really imagine that.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Isn't this how witch hunts always turn out. Luckily we're well past the 1600's and don't act on things as fast as some people around here might believe would be the best way to do so. Also, Nodak4ever, my sister wouldn't be dumb enough to get into a drunk situation with a group of football players, so I couldn't really imagine that.

She is horrible in bed anyway.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2011, 06:35 AM
I was once accused of sexual harrassment in the work place by a co-worker. She had a completely made up story and the only defense I had was "I didn't do it." It was a ****ty position to be in. Luckily the management was level headed and systematic in their approach and didn't jump the gun to fire or suspend me. Eventually the person admitted she made it up. She was fired shortly there after.

I'm not saying something did or did not happen. I'm just saying innocent people get hurt if you take harsh actions without facts.

If I was you, having been accused.... first thing I would do is change my user namexnodx

ngineer
December 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
At least three University of Montana football players were involved in a sexual assault, reportedly aided by a date-rape drug, of two women on campus last weekend, a source with direct knowledge of the case told the Missoulian.

The Grizzlies flew to Huntsville, Texas, on Thursday for the Football Championship Subdivision semifinal game with Sam Houston State University.

As of late Thursday afternoon, no police report had been filed in the case; however, one woman spoke with Missoula Police Department detectives during the day, the source said. The Missoulian agreed to keep that source's identity private.

Neither UM vice president Jim Foley nor athletic director Jim O'Day, who are in Huntsville, responded to telephone and text messages or emails seeking comment Thursday evening.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/officials-investigate-report-of-sexual-assault-involving-um-players-date/article_1c8651af-9991-5275-a87f-f43986029325.html#ixzz1gidBX8dg

Uh-oh....

(;-)

tojo70
December 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Seems the sexual assault story is already unraveling.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/woman-goes-to-police-about-possible-assault-at-party-as/article_35197efa-282d-11e1-9612-0019bb2963f4.html
Another quote from that article:

Welsh said the rumors include University of Montana football players being involved, but he said police have no information backing up that claim and he does not know where that information came from.
"We do not have a report of sexual assault involving Grizzly football players," Welsh said.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 10:08 AM

I'm curious about your position as you reacted to the Spadola thing so viscerally. There are a couple things in play here (and not I'm not equating the two situations under any circumstances). You first have the fact that something happened to this woman. The second thing you have is players putting themselves in a situation where this could happen. The NCAA doesn't have provisions for criminal conduct as we saw in the Penn State debacle but the team does and I think this was an appropriate response. I'm just saying that dopey students shooting their mouth off is not serious. This is.

I do wonder, however, if the team response would have been the same were these young men important starters on the team.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm curious about your position as you reacted to the Spadola thing so viscerally. There are a couple things in play here (and not I'm not equating the two situations under any circumstances). You first have the fact that something happened to this woman. The second thing you have is players putting themselves in a situation where this could happen. The NCAA doesn't have provisions for criminal conduct as we saw in the Penn State debacle but the team does and I think this was an appropriate response. I'm just saying that dopey students shooting their mouth off is not serious. This is.

I do wonder, however, if the team response would have been the same were these young men important starters on the team.

Would you read the post above you before spewing all this drivel? xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Would you read the post above you before spewing all this drivel? xcoffeex

I read both, and since I don't have fan stars in my eyes I can deduce that there was enough evidence in the initial report for the school to take further action. I can also see that the reporting seems to go in the opposite direction than it should, specific to vague. If you actually do have some reading comprehension skills you can also see that the first report was from a local reporter, hence the specificity and the second report was from the AP, probably just a cursory wire report but not anything to refute the initial reporting from the original source.

I still wonder what is wrong with you people in Montana, the first two articles on the front page of the Billings Gazette are about sexual predation.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I read both, and since I don't have fan stars in my eyes I can deduce that there was enough evidence in the initial report for the school to take further action. I can also see that the reporting seems to go in the opposite direction than it should, specific to vague. If you actually do have some reading comprehension skills you can also see that the first report was from a local reporter, hence the specificity and the second report was from the AP, probably just a cursory wire report but not anything to refute the initial reporting from the original source.

I still wonder what is wrong with you people in Montana, the first two articles on the front page of the Billings Gazette are about sexual predation.

You're right, we should really take the word of some random, unidentified source over that of the police detective investigating the case. Sorry for not having the reading comprehension skills to realize this.

veinup
December 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM
i grew up in msla, went to UM. there are alot of things that i could say about this situation that might be not appropriate. i'll just let it stand at the fact that no criminal charges have been filed, and none will be. yknow what, nevermind. the whole "i got ****faced last night, blacked out and banged some dude" doesn't necessarily equate to rape. that **** happens every. day. in this girl's case, maybe she did get raped, or maybe she just ****ed some dude and doesn't remember it. it could go either way. and as far as i know she's not saying "this guy did it" or "that guy did it" just "some guy did it and there were griz football players there so uhhhmmm yeah they could be guilty of raping my innocence!" people will want to put this down as another black mark on our program - as far as where we are right now, it's not.

Engineer86
December 17th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Exactly, Someone said that the players did something. Compared to the Lehigh WR who actually did do something. At this point in time the law hasn't accused them of a crime.

For the university or the newspaper to release their names to the public with no charges filed would put them in a very bad spot legally. Especially if no charges are made by the police. Remember what happened at Duke.

Yea besides our country was based on the protection of one and to protect all from the other. To bad so many forgot which is which!

Engineer86
December 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM
So to suspend because of mean speech is the right thing to do and it is not protected by the first amendment because it is a private institution, but the same private institution needs a conviction when a potential crime is involved?

Let's go back to the old saying sticks and stones (and rape) will brake my bones (or cause me damage), but names will never hurt me. I guess names are so much more important now a days. At least some of you stood up and called these idiots out. Why are they getting in these situations. And yes this is MUCH worse than what Spadola did.