PDA

View Full Version : Fargo Hospitality

Clambake
December 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
On behalf of the Lehigh fans who made the trip to Fargo, just wanted to thank the NDSU fans for making us feel welcome. Everywhere we went, we were greeted with "Welcome to Fargo". The atmosphere outside the Fargodome was awesome. Special shout-out to the Rollin' Thunder and FBC tailgating groups for including us in your pre-game festivities (alot of nice-looking women at that FBC tailgate! xthumbsupx) . For the Georgia Southern fans who are making the trip this weekend, I recommend going over to the dome early and hanging out with the NDSU folks.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
That's really cool to hear about the NDSU fans. It's nice to see the pride on many different levels with NDSU.

Silenoz
December 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM
NDSU and UM = many a douche on message boards, but sterling reps as hosts

LakesBison
December 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM
actually, many ndsu fans get a bad rap online. most just want to party and have a good time with some good smack talk online. no reason to disparage even the loudest ndsu fans online.

my 2 cents and yes, we are great hosts, cmon up.

Silenoz
December 14th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I think most people will disagree with you there ;)

344Johnson
December 14th, 2011, 12:36 PM
NDSU fans(even Lakes from what I hear) absolutely love having people from other teams come up. Gives a different perspective on football and lets be honest, it is nice to hear someone else talk through (insert school colors)'ed glasses from time to time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
NDSU fans(even Lakes from what I hear) absolutely love having people from other teams come up. Gives a different perspective on football and lets be honest, it is nice to hear someone else talk through (insert school colors)'ed glasses from time to time.

I think that's the most disappointing thing about Lakes. If you met me in person you wouldn't get anything different than here. I'm a friendly smartass, to be sure. The internet tough guy thing is so played out.

344Johnson
December 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think that's the most disappointing thing about Lakes. If you met me in person you wouldn't get anything different than here. I'm a friendly smartass, to be sure. The internet tough guy thing is so played out.

If people met me in person they'd get a taste of rude distasteful ***. Maybe differing only slightly from internet 344.

MR. CHICKEN
December 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
NDSU and UM = many a douche on message boards, but sterling reps as hosts

16340xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

darell1976
December 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM
All the NDSU games I have attended all the fans I have talked too were respectful. We may have lots of p*ssing matches online but its different in person.

FarSouthBison
December 14th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Clambake, is was great to have you over to our tailgate area. Meeting all of you was fun, plus watching your sons play added another element to watching the game. Was hoping to see you all after but figured that you were down meeting the team.
Best of luck to your son's in their life after football.

Lehigh Lover
December 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I would also like to extend my sincere thanks for the incredible hospitality my group and I received in Fargo. The tailgate experience was incredible and we felt like we were at an NFL or FBS game. Your generosity was unmatched as we walked through your tailgates and you welcomed us with open arms, offered us beer and food, took pictures with us and were just so welcoming and appreciative that we made the 1400 mile trek. You fans are nothing like fans on the East Coast. If we would have walked through Delaware tailgates like that we would have been cursed at and spit on. We almost didn't get into the game on time because we were having so much fun, and the weather was beautiful. The Fargodome was the best FCS stadium experience I have been a part of, from the band presentation to the Thunderstruck entrance (I'm an AC/DC nut by the way), to the enthusiasm of the fans. It was the loudest environment I've ever seen Lehigh play in. Everyone was so respectful, wishing our team luck and wishing us well on the journey home. The experience was so great that I almost for a moment did not care who won the game. Congratulations Lehigh on a great season, and congratulations and good luck to the Bison against Georgia Southern. You made a fan out of me and I hope you take the National Championship back to Fargo!

DJKyR0
December 14th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I would also like to extend my sincere thanks for the incredible hospitality my group and I received in Fargo. The tailgate experience was incredible and we felt like we were at an NFL or FBS game. Your generosity was unmatched as we walked through your tailgates and you welcomed us with open arms, offered us beer and food, took pictures with us and were just so welcoming and appreciative that we made the 1400 mile trek. You fans are nothing like fans on the East Coast. If we would have walked through Delaware tailgates like that we would have been cursed at and spit on. We almost didn't get into the game on time because we were having so much fun, and the weather was beautiful. The Fargodome was the best FCS stadium experience I have been a part of, from the band presentation to the Thunderstruck entrance (I'm an AC/DC nut by the way), to the enthusiasm of the fans. It was the loudest environment I've ever seen Lehigh play in. Everyone was so respectful, wishing our team luck and wishing us well on the journey home. The experience was so great that I almost for a moment did not care who won the game. Congratulations Lehigh on a great season, and congratulations and good luck to the Bison against Georgia Southern. You made a fan out of me and I hope you take the National Championship back to Fargo!

Trust me when I say this is par for the course. Glad you guys had a good time; we don't do a lot up here, but we take our tailgating seriously. Comments like these are what make it worth it.

BisonBohl
December 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM

Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad that you made it back okay. Best of luck next season!

Squealofthepig
December 14th, 2011, 11:14 PM
As a non-Bison-backer, just very pleased to see NDSU step up and represent well - I always love it when great FCS programs can both kick someone's teeth in while also showing them an outstanding time!