PDA

View Full Version : Are everyone's polls available to view

Tubby Raymond
May 25th, 2006, 11:00 AM
somewhere on this site?

I'm missing something somewhere
Thanks

May 25th, 2006, 11:02 AM
No, individual ballots are only available if the voter wants to post it on the Poll Board.

Tubby Raymond
May 25th, 2006, 11:05 AM
What is the raionale for that?
And , if we want our poll to be posted on that board how do we go about doing so?

AppGuy04
May 25th, 2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10173

May 25th, 2006, 11:11 AM
And , if we want our poll to be posted on that board how do we go about doing so?It's how we want it. Private or public if you want it. No other poll does this.

Click on AnyGivenSaturday.com next to the football on top of the page then click on the AGS Poll board.

AppGuy04
May 25th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Most of the voters post their polls anyways for feedback, probably why ours is the most accurate

UNHWildCats
May 25th, 2006, 11:32 AM
And , if we want our poll to be posted on that board how do we go about doing so?

When you vote this November, would you want the government psoting a copy of your ballot for the world to see? Some people don't care if the world knows how they vote, but others wish to have there selections remain annonomous.

89Hen
May 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Most of the voters post their polls anyways for feedback, probably why ours is the most accurate
I'd say far less than half post their ballots. 90 ballots cast last week, I count 19 posted. Even if the thread weren't closed during balloting, there would have been no more than 30 posted.

Tubby Raymond
May 25th, 2006, 12:19 PM
When you vote this November, would you want the government psoting a copy of your ballot for the world to see? Some people don't care if the world knows how they vote, but others wish to have there selections remain annonomous.

Are you equating a national election with a I-AA poll?

Seems silly to not post it, who are you worried about seeing it, the NSA?
Worried about the judgement of other internet posting obessive geeks who need more excitement in thier lives like the rest of us?:smiley_wi
YIKES

Thanks Appguy

Lehigh Football Nation
May 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM
FYI Tubby, I posted mine on my blog:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Also, colgate13 posted his there too:

http://colgate13.blogspot.com

Others are present on the poll thread as well. You can get a pretty decent cross-section there of ballots.

May 25th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Are you equating a national election with a I-AA poll? Seems silly to not post it...A vote's a vote. No other I-AA poll discloses every ballot. In fact I think AGS is the only one that provides a way for voters to disclose their ballot.

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 09:11 PM

Regardless of the subject, this is the worst argument ever posted on AGS, or anywhere. "You can't possibly be comparing the vice-presidents hunting accident with OJ Simpson"???!!!!

Look at the comparison, not at which is more important. : smh : : smh : : smh :

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 09:20 PM
EARFF TA GRIZZWOLD......:confused::confused::confused:..... BRAWK?

blukeys
May 25th, 2006, 09:27 PM

No Ralph is equating our poll to every other poll in the nation. How did the individual voters in the USA Today or the Sports Network Poll Vote????????

I'm really curious and would like to know.
:nod: :nod:

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 09:27 PM
EARFF TA GRIZZWOLD......:confused::confused::confused:..... BRAWK?

I hate that argument. You make a reasonable comparison between, say, UD and Penn State, where the argument makes total sense, and somebody will say "you're not possibly comparing UD tp PSU are you"?

There is no easier or worse argument. Use the brain and come back with a reasoned argument.

Yeah, I got off the subject, but that is one of those pet peeves of mine. If you've got nothing better, then don't say anything at all. :nonono2:

And now, back to voting!!!

May 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
...If you've got nothing better, then don't say anything at all...and that's a pet peeve of mine :nod: :) :nod:

MR. CHICKEN
May 25th, 2006, 10:01 PM
GOT NUFFIN' BETTERAH.....GRIZZWOLD...:(:bawling::(...BRAWK!

Tod
May 25th, 2006, 10:15 PM
GOT NUFFIN' BETTERAH.....GRIZZWOLD...:(:bawling::(...BRAWK!

Got something better for Ralph and for you, but I'd just as soon remain a member of AGS. :)

May 25th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Got something better for Ralph and for you, but I'd just as soon remain a member of AGS. :)Naw Tod, just that "love it or leave it" type thing gets me.

Eaglegus2
May 26th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Naw Tod, just that "love it or leave it" type thing gets me.

You know Ralph......I used the same attitude with my last wife. I am now divorced for the 3rd time.xlolx :nod:

I love football season. Now, I don't worry about any objections or grips to my travel schedule.:hurray:

To get on topic..........I only post my poll when I feel that I need a little objective criticism on my choices.

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2006, 06:41 AM
I usually post my poll just so people can point out if I made a HUGE mistake. Any other criticism doesn't change a thing.

Eaglegus2
May 26th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I usually post my poll just so people can point out if I made a HUGE mistake. Any other criticism doesn't change a thing.

I usually don't change my voting unless I have made a mistake.:eek:

Tubby Raymond
May 26th, 2006, 12:03 PM
No Ralph is equating our poll to every other poll in the nation. How did the individual voters in the USA Today or the Sports Network Poll Vote????????

I'm really curious and would like to know.
:nod: :nod:

My post was not a response to Ralph, but to UNH Wildcats comparison

Tubby Raymond
May 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Regardless of the subject, this is the worst argument ever posted on AGS, or anywhere. "You can't possibly be comparing the vice-presidents hunting accident with OJ Simpson"???!!!!

Look at the comparison, not at which is more important. : smh : : smh : : smh :

xidiotx , is the only way to respond but............................................... .....................................

I'll defer to those of you that have voted in prior years as to the need for the skullduggery, this is my cherry, but it seems that "some " of us are taking themselves and the poll a wee bit too seriously.

bluehenbillk
May 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Tubby, how come you never threw to the tight end?

Tod
May 26th, 2006, 03:54 PM
xidiotx , is the only way to respond but............................................... .....................................

I'll defer to those of you that have voted in prior years as to the need for the skullduggery, this is my cherry, but it seems that "some " of us are taking themselves and the poll a wee bit too seriously.

Nah, I was drunk. :)

blukeys
May 26th, 2006, 10:03 PM

Some of us work hard on this poll. (And by no means do I work the hardest!!!) I try to at least listen to one non - eastern team's football game per week. If I can get a non-A-10 game on TV I always record it to view later. I value the input of others on this board about what teams seem to be doing well and who is getting killed by injuries. If one is going to vote on this poll one should try to take it seriously. In addition we have monitors who can and will reject your poll if they think it is out of whack.

If you don't believe me just make Penn #1 on your next poll!;) ;) ;) :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

blukeys
May 26th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Tubby, how come you never threw to the tight end?

Did you ever see John "Moose" Kraus' hands???????xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

blukeys
May 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM
My post was not a response to Ralph, but to UNH Wildcats comparison

When responding to the points in an individual post it is generally a good idea to simply quote that person's post and to highlight those areas you disagree with.

One can't assume that all following the thread will figure out whose points you are responding to, unless you are a clear, concise and cogent writer.
Since I am not any of those I quote the original post as I have quoted you in this post. Otherwise one might assume I am addressing Tod :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: or Ralph. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

blackfordpu
May 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM

Why do you think the AGS poll has been the most accurate since its inception?