PDA

View Full Version : Villanova loses Defensive Coordinator Reardon

Wildcat80
December 11th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Big, Big Loss for nova!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports_hs_football/st-augustine-shakes-up-south-jersey-football-by-hiring-villanova/article_8b837d01-e091-5d38-a534-5ff82f29a726.html

PAllen
December 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Stupid question: Why? Was the pay better?

mainejeff
December 11th, 2011, 08:06 PM

Maybe he knows something? On their way up (FBS).......or on their way out(?)

danefan
December 11th, 2011, 08:14 PM

This says it all

Reardon also made the move from college to high school because he and his wife Tiffany have two children - 9-year-old Molly and 6-year-old Jack. College coaches are often on the road recruiting.

"To me, it was a quality-of-life decision, a family decision," he said. "My children are getting to an age where I need to be around more. In college, it's just not the season. Once the season is over, you're out the door."

HailSzczur
December 11th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Wow........
Honestly, if you asked me I could have not for the life of me told you who our D-coordinator was, unlike on offense. I'm going to have to do a bit of research now. All I can say is I hope whoever we bring in does something about our pass defense......its been suspect for years.

ngineer
December 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
The coaching profession is hell on families. If you want to move up the rungs, you're not around much. One really has to think hard about wanting to go into college coaching and moving up to the big time. The only way you can really keep everything together is to get rooted into a good small college program and stay.

Wildcat80
December 11th, 2011, 10:40 PM
With all the college openings I guess he did not want to move up. Looks like he & his buddy want to rule NJ high school ball.

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Is this a bad thing for a team which went 2-9?

DFW HOYA
December 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Out where? The CAA?

Squealofthepig
December 11th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Sounds like he made a decision based on his family and not on money (though that could come too in time if he can build a winning program, of course). Good on him.

Though damn, that's one super villainy picture in the media guide!

Mr. C
December 11th, 2011, 11:35 PM

Not a chance of the latter.

bluehenbillk
December 12th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Probably wanted to coach in front of bigger crowds....

Cleets
December 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM

Zing..!!!

xawesomex

Wildcat80
December 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM

xlolxxlolxxnodxxnodxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Best of luck coach. Mark was a captain at Lafayette and is a great guy. Hopefully he steers some of his young guys to Lafayette in the future.

Engineer86
December 12th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hopefully he steers some of his young guys to Lafayette in the future.

He is supposed to teach those young men to make wise choices and protect the. From evil! xlolx

Bossanova
December 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
You pig farmers from UD are a riot!!

Since you only beat us only once or twice a decade, the only thing you can bring up is attendance, which ranks in the top half of all FCS anyway.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
You pig farmers from UD are a riot!!

It's chicken and soybean famers.