PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Playoff Predictions - Semifinals.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
December 11th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I was 4-0 this past week with my playoff record now standing at 12-4. Only three more games left in FCS so here we go.

Montana @ Sam Houston State - Bearkats win this close game.
Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State - Nothing against the Bison but the Eagles have been my pick to win it all (I believe this will also be a close game).

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I was 4-0 this past week with my playoff record now standing at 12-4. Only three more games left in FCS so here we go.

Montana @ Sam Houston State - Bearkats win this close game.
Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State - Nothing against the Bison but the Eagles have been my pick to win it all (I believe this will also be a close game).

I'm going the other direction...
Montana wins a close one over Sam Houston State.
North Dakota State can't shut down GSU but does outscore them in the end.

swaghook
December 11th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Montana @ Sam Houston State - Montana has momentum I think they catch SHSU over confident in their ability to go all the way undefeated.

Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State - This one will be the game of the week it might come down to the last team that scores wins. I have to go with my own NDSU the dome will be rockin' call it the ThunderDome or the Dome of Doom as a paper out east called it this week it is in full play off atmosphere. The 12th man will make the difference.

mainejeff
December 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Montana 23 SHSU 20

GSU 42 NDSU 17

Twentysix
December 11th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Montana 23 SHSU 20

GSU 42 NDSU 17

I will be very impressed if GSU manages to break 40.

Eaglegus2
December 11th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I will be very impressed if GSU manages to break 40.

Ditto 26!! It will be extremely hard for the Eagles to break 40 but I do see them winning 31 Eagles - 20 Bison.

Montana defeats Sam Houston State at the buzzer with a field goal.......Grizz 31 - BearKats 28

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2011, 06:35 PM
SHSU 35, Montana 31
NDSU 27, GSU 24

GSU Eagle
December 11th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I think Sam Houston is really determined to show the FCS world and especially the Grizzly crowd that they deserve the #1 seed and home game so I am going with SHSU 35 Montana 31.

It is hard to be objective when I am a big Eagle fan. I do not think the game will be a shootout. I think the winner will have somewhere 25-30 points. Many teams have talked all kind of smack about how they will shut down the Eagle offense, and it has not happened. I do think NDSU probably has the best defense the Eagles have seen this year other than Alabama. I don't regard NDSU as a offensive juggernaut but they control the ball, move it efficiently and play more smash-mouth football. All that being said I will predict GSU 27 NDSU 24.

Blue Eagle
December 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Montana 23 SHSU 20

GSU 42 NDSU 17

As a Ga. Southern fan thanks for your confidence in the Eagles!

I was at the game yesterday, and I can assure you the "whole stadium" was not chanting "go home Yankees". In fact, I would never chant that unless as a Braves fan I was chanting "go home New York Yankees".

You should be very proud of the Maine Football Team. I thought they played with a lot of heart and never gave up.

McNeese72
December 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Montana @ Sam Houston State - Montana has momentum I think they catch SHSU over confident in their ability to go all the way undefeated.

How can they be over confident if everybody keeps telling them they are going to lose? Especially, all of the Griz fans.

Doc

Eaglegus2
December 11th, 2011, 06:59 PM
As a Ga. Southern fan thanks for your confidence in the Eagles!

I was at the game yesterday, and I can assure you the "whole stadium" was not chanting "go home Yankees". In fact, I would never chant that unless as a Braves fan I was chanting "go home New York Yankees".

You should be very proud of the Maine Football Team. I thought they played with a lot of heart and never gave up.

I was there and it started in the student section.

swaghook
December 11th, 2011, 07:40 PM
How can they be over confident if everybody keeps telling them they are going to lose? Especially, all of the Griz fans.

Doc

Fans on BB's are not the players. You can't tell me an undefeated team that just rolled a play off team like MT St aren't thinking they are the best in the play offs.

SeattleGriz
December 11th, 2011, 07:41 PM

Doc

Unless the players are on this board, the only one who has said anything to them is the NCAA with the #1 seed.

^ Swaghook beat me to it by 20 seconds.

McNeese75
December 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Sam Houston
GSU

Both teams will win by at least 10 points.

McNeese72
December 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Unless the players are on this board, the only one who has said anything to them is the NCAA with the #1 seed.

^ Swaghook beat me to it by 20 seconds.

You guys don't honestly think that players don't ever read the messageboards??

Doc

Grizzlies82
December 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM
You guys don't honestly think that players don't ever read the messageboards??

Doc

They are fools if they do. It's more like watching Beavis & Butthead than anything football related.
Their time would be better spent reading a textbook, or even watching "Dancing with the Stars".