PDA

View Full Version : Props to Montana

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Great team! Great crowd! You represented the FCS well on national television xbowx

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Props to UNI for playing the role of the Washington Generals in this game.

bullitt_60
December 9th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Great team! Great crowd! You represented the FCS well on national television xbowx

Agreed. Wa-Griz looked great again. Seeing a game there (early in the season) is on my bucket list.

Squealofthepig
December 9th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Thank you, Butters. I hope we did the FCS proud, and that ESPN caught the atmosphere about what true playoff football should be about (great, loud fans; a great atmosphere; and an inhospitable environment composed of hospitable fans). Good luck versus Lehigh tomorrow, and I'll be watching your game as closely as you guys were watching ours tonight!

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I heard norfolk state demands Montana forfeit due to crowd noise.

MTfan4life
December 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I heard norfolk state demands Montana forfeit due to crowd noise.

C'mon man, that was one senior citizen alum from Norfolk. Don't bring the whole school into it. xsmhx

BEAR
December 10th, 2011, 08:38 AM
A friend of mine called me last night after watching the game and said "WOW!" He had no idea that FCS football was that popular and fans loved it so much. Montana your game on ESPN, the great crowd, the talented football team, and the enthusiasm of it all might have swayed some FBS fans to enjoy some FCS football along with their FBS games. Now if ESPN will show more games and not ones with 250 fans in the stands. xlolx

Reps to the Griz!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Ya, the Grizz have one of the best (if not the best) venues in FCS football.

Very good team this year and a passionate fanbase.

Great representation of FCS football last night.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 10th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I'll add my praise and say it looked great. That game was easily better than many of the mid-week games shown on ESPN throughout football season. I'd like to see ESPN do an FCS Game of the week on Friday night at one of the better venues: Montana, NDSU, App St., ODU, JMU, UD, GSU, McNeese, etc. That's at least 8 games right there.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I'd like to see ESPN do an FCS Game of the week on Friday night at one of the better venues: Montana, NDSU, App St., ODU, JMU, UD, GSU, McNeese, etc. That's at least 8 games right there.

I think we can all agree on that! xthumbsupx

No_Skill
December 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM
If we all applied constant pressure similar to the effort given to get the games on ESPN gamelan, we could make it happen. It would need to be nationwide pressure.

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I'll add my praise and say it looked great. That game was easily better than many of the mid-week games shown on ESPN throughout football season. I'd like to see ESPN do an FCS Game of the week on Friday night at one of the better venues: Montana, NDSU, App St., ODU, JMU, UD, GSU, McNeese, etc. That's at least 8 games right there.

Lately I have been able to find some on the cable, saw EWU v Northern AZ and a Cal Poly game, but I agreee I would love to see more MVFC and SC games through the year.

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Atmosphere was awesome for FCS and the Griz looked REALLY good last night. I am rooting for an MSU rematch just to see that atmosphere again next week.

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Griz will be tough to beat, that's for sure.

darell1976
December 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Good job Montana!!! I cannot wait to to get my Montana-UND tickets for next season. Keep representing the Big Sky in the playoffs, and good luck today to Montana State as well.

HailSzczur
December 10th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I was out for most of the night, but turned the game on with about 10 min to go, right around when the Grizz got a pick 6, anted damn that place was on fire. I don't think you could have picked a better game to put on national TV. Talk about representing the FCS right, wow. To anyone out there (GSU, NDSU, or any of the first round sites) upset that you didn't get an ESPN game, replicate that and then we'll talk