PDA

View Full Version : ND Senator Rick Bergs gets NDSU on ESPN Gameplan!!

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:38 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 9, 2011
202.225.2611 (o) | 202.631.3991 (m)

Berg Announces NDSU Bison Quarterfinal Game to be Broadcast on ESPN Gameplan

Fargo, N.D. – Congressman Rick Berg today announced that the NSDU Bison NCAA Football Championship Subdivision Quarterfinals against Lehigh will be broadcast Saturday on the ESPN Game Plan package, in addition to ESPN3.com.

“This is exciting news for NDSU fans everywhere. All the credit goes to the NDSU Alumni Association for their call to action and for Bison fans working hard to show their support for NDSU,” Berg stated. “On behalf of Bison fans everywhere, I am happy to announce that ESPN heard our request, allowing Bison fans across our state and the nation to come together and cheer on NDSU. Thanks to ESPN for being responsive to our request—now it’s time to ‘be herd’ in the Fargodome this Saturday! Go Bison!”

The game will take place at the Fargodome on Saturday, December 10 at 3:00PM CST.

Earlier this week the NDSU Alumni Association sent an email calling for NDSU fans to urge ESPN to broadcast the Quarterfinal game on its Game Plan package, in addition to the Internet webcast on ESPN3.com. ESPN notified Berg this afternoon of its intentions to broadcast the game on the Game Plan package.

Berg, a proud Bison fan, graduated from NDSU with a degree in ag economics.

footballer23
December 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM
It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. Good work to everyone who harassed ESPN on this issue! Most of all, thanks to Rick Berg.

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Apparently Senator Conrad announced it as well, 2 minutes later..

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
FARGO – Members of North Dakota’s congressional delegation say ESPN has agreed to show Saturday’s North Dakota State University football playoff game on its GamePlan pay-per-view package, in addition to streaming it online on ESPN3.

Sen. Kent Conrad and Rep. Rick Berg both announced the development shortly after 3 p.m

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/343442/

TheWatcher
December 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Maybe he can pressure the NCAA to get Spadola reinstated so there are no gripes as to the outcome of the GAME??

sarcasm is not optional! xrolleyesx

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
there is ZERO gripes about the games outcome since HE called towson's players _____

NDSU is missing 2 Wide Recievers and we havent whined all year.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:47 PM
We were missing 3 recievers vs JMU. /cry

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Seriously do we have to talk about this in every thread...

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Seriously do we have to talk about this in every thread...

Obviously. Hopefully when the montana game starts it all ceases to matter.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 9th, 2011, 03:54 PM
For the record, there was a decent effort at Lehigh too in order to mail/tweet ESPN to make the game available on GamePlan as well. Not to take away from the pressure you guys put on them, but I think it was a team effort. xthumbsupx

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM
For the record, there was a decent effort at Lehigh too in order to mail/tweet ESPN to make the game available on GamePlan as well. Not to take away from the pressure you guys put on them, but I think it was a team effort. xthumbsupx

Good work.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

LakesBison
December 9th, 2011, 04:30 PM
lehigh football nation. you east coast snobs are good for sumthing... THANK YOU!!!

SpiritCymbal
December 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Glad y'all did that. They're gonna put the GSU/Maine game on as well now. WOOHOO!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule?group=90

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Glad y'all did that. They're gonna put the GSU/Maine game on as well now. WOOHOO!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule?group=90

i included georgia so in most of my emails because your similar to us and have a huge fan base. between the 2 schools we average about 45k fans per game. hope we meet next week if we can squeak out wins

UNI Pike
December 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wow - ND has three Senators - no wonder they get so much stuff done. Glad the congressmen are getting all the important things in life taken care of...

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM

absolutely and Montana fans deserve credit for taking the lead 2 weeks ago. kind of made the rest of us realize it can be done.

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Wow - ND has three Senators - no wonder they get so much stuff done. Glad the congressmen are getting all the important things in life taken care of...

yeah were actually important in north dakota. not an after thought after iowa and iowa state.

BisonBohl
December 9th, 2011, 06:46 PM

27-19

eaglesrthe1
December 9th, 2011, 06:49 PM
No...wait a minute. I thought that gameplan was done for the year?

mtbigdog
December 9th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the effort! Will love watching these games Sat.
If we start now, maybe coverage for next year, without the
hassles.xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the effort! Will love watching these games Sat.
If we start now, maybe coverage for next year, without the
hassles.xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

If we do this **** enough maybe all the playoff games will make television and not just internetvision.

frozennorth
December 10th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Berg is still a slimeball.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 04:47 AM

Agreed, not the right place to say this kind of thing though.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Apparently Senator Conrad announced it as well, 2 minutes later..

Team North Dakota strikes again! The nation should take notes!

darell1976
December 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM

Too bad Rick Berg is the ND Representative...not a senator. John Hoeven and Kent Conrad are ND's Senators.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Too bad Rick Berg is the ND Representative...not a senator. John Hoeven and Kent Conrad are ND's Senators.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/2655109/images/1222308763509.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM

He is from my hometown of Hettinger.....he is a nice guy. I can almost guarantee that you do not know him personally. Good man from a good family. He was also a very good HS wrestler.

darell1976
December 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM
He is from my hometown of Hettinger.....he is a nice guy. I can almost guarantee that you do not know him personally. Good man from a good family. He was also a very good HS wrestler.

I agree he seems like a nice guy he goes to my church and his kid go to my son's school.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM

Goldmark is a scummy company. Berg is beholden to the corporations and Grover Norquist, just another John Boehner rubber stamp. I don't give a rats *** how good a wrestler he was.

Enough about politics, this is a football thread.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Goldmark is a scummy company. Berg is beholden to the corporations and Grover Norquist, just another John Boehner rubber stamp. I don't give a rats *** how good a wrestler he was.

Enough about politics, this is a football thread.

Do you know him? I doubt it. He is a good man. "scummy company"....according to you? lol

Just giving frozennorth alittle info on him. If you don't like what I post on here then don't comment on it. You can just keep your moronic comments to yourself.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I assume Rick Berg is going to run for Conrad's seat as he is retiring in '12? Maybe Byron wants to return to the Senate?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I assume Rick Berg is going to run for Conrad's seat as he is retiring in '12? Maybe Byron wants to return to the Senate?

It depends on what his corporate overlords want him to do. Probably though.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM
It depends on what his corporate overlords want him to do. Probably though.

Would love to see a Byron Dorgan - Rick Berg matchup. On the level of NDSU-Lehigh!

darell1976
December 10th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Yes he is. He is running against former ND AG Heidi Heitkamp.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/11/08/democrats_see_opening_in_north_dakota_senate_race_ with_heitkamp_111986.html

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/11/08/democrats_see_opening_in_north_dakota_senate_race_ with_heitkamp_111986.html

Thx Darrell - wow that will be an interesting matchup. Love the name - Heidi Heitkamp! I dont think they will use her pic on posters that much though! Just blazon HEIDI SENATE '12 on them...That's good enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2011, 10:24 AM

This will be quite a race. I believe they are polling the same #s right now.

rkwittem
December 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Ummm read the Constitution. States only get 2 senators tops. xoopsx

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM

But with one at-large for the entire state (like Alaska, Delaware, and Wyoming for example), it is like having three Senators I think he means.

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM

Insert random knock on Nebraska's odd state legislature here. (I know, two states away, but it's about all I remember from high school civics).

GtFllsGriz
December 10th, 2011, 02:45 PM
does anyone have it on ESPN gameplan. I don't see it on their menu. channel?