PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on Lifetime- Victimized: The Spadola Story

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Who watching it?

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Who watching it?

Just you. Everyone else has a playoff game to get to. ZING.

NoDak 4 Ever
Who watching it?

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE POOR DOPEY KNUCKLEHEADED ATHLETES!!?!??!

GannonFan
Just you. Everyone else has a playoff game to get to. ZING.

Well, it's possible Spadola could be watching it with him. ZING.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
So we've got Spadola, the_fan, LehighGuy and Rich Owens so far.

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I heard Spadola is actually on the upcoming season of Jersey Shore

LehighU11
December 9th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Who watching it?

Really? You guys put on a great event in most aspects, and then became ridiculously bitter after things didn't go your way.

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
We aren't bitter. We are making fun of the 150 threads for a "CALL TO ACTION"

bisonnation
December 9th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Who watching it?

That's pretty funny. This is going way overboard. A private organization made a decision. It's no different than if my job would suspend me.

LehighU11
December 9th, 2011, 10:16 AM
We aren't bitter. We are making fun of the 150 threads for a "CALL TO ACTION"
I'm pretty sure your Athletic Department is at least. By the way, classy kids you have at your school. Chanting "Eff you, Lehigh" is pretty pathetic when your team is winning and the opposing fan base is respectful and predominantly old timers.

GannonFan
December 9th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure your Athletic Department is at least. By the way, classy kids you have at your school. Chanting "Eff you, Lehigh" is pretty pathetic when your team is winning and the opposing fan base is respectful and predominantly old timers.

I'm glad Lehigh fans have never used profanity at a football game before. Phew, that's a relief!

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Yeah i even heard one of our students shout "Nigga, stop talking *****"...... oh wait, that was one of your students.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'm glad Lehigh fans have never used profanity at a football game before. Phew, that's a relief!

Delaware holds a special place in my heart. It has been the only place I've ever been threaten with bodily harm by someone old enough to collect social security. #pigfarmers

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Yeah i even heard one of our students shout "Nigga, stop talking *****"...... oh wait, that was one of your students.

I have tweets from over a dozen of your players using the same word. Would you like me to post them?

LEHIGH61
December 9th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Towson - SURE GLAD WE BEAT YOU AND TOOK THE LAMBERT CUP FROM YOU. Regardless of what happens Saturday LEHIGH is the best in the East. EAT YOUR HEART OUT 40-38.

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I have tweets from over a dozen of your players using the same word. Would you like me to post them?

yeah, show me a tweet from a WHITE Towson player calling Lehigh players "niggas"

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Towson - SURE GLAD WE BEAT YOU AND TOOK THE LAMBERT CUP FROM YOU. Regardless of what happens Saturday LEHIGH is the best in the East. EAT YOUR HEART OUT 40-38.

I think your computer is stuck on Caps Lock

LEHIGH61
December 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Who wouldn't after listening to Delaware fans curse the refs after EVERY CALL against Delaware whether a good call or not. What a bunch of pussies! Now shut up and enjoy the playoffs from your living room.

Squealofthepig

I would point out it wasn't the use of the word, but that he directed it toward his opponent. You're really bad at creating a false smoke screen, you know.

LehighU11
yeah, show me a tweet from a WHITE Towson player calling Lehigh players "******"

You simple-minded fool, that kind of attitude is why we are here in the first place. Either a word is unacceptable for all to use or it's not.

LEHIGH61
I REPEAT EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Squealofthepig
December 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I REPEAT EAT YOUR HEART OUT.

Every time I read this guy's posts, I immediately picture him screaming WHITE POWER! right after it. It always seems to fit.

LehighU11
December 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I would point out it wasn't the use of the word, but that he directed it toward his opponent. You're really bad at creating a false smoke screen, you know.

One of which referred to Lehigh players as "slow Western PA ni**az." That is the same level of taunting.

GannonFan
December 9th, 2011, 10:27 AM
One of which referred to Lehigh players as "slow Western PA ni**az." That is the same level of taunting.

You do realize Lehigh is in Eastern Pa, right?

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM

After reading the NCAA release, I disagree, but it's certainly up for interpretation.

LehighU11
December 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Seeing as I am not some uneducated idiot let into Towson for marginal football talent, yes.

ysubigred
December 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM

OK. Is Spadola really suspended or not. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance. xsalutex

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
After reading the NCAA release, I disagree, but it's certainly up for interpretation.

The Division I Football Championship Committee said football student-athlete Ryan Spadola was being reprimanded and held out of Lehigh’s quarterfinal contest, against North Dakota State University this Saturday (Dec. 10), for using an inappropriate and repugnant racial reference to describe Towson University student-athletes on his Twitter page in the days leading up to their FCS preliminary round match-up.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2011/December/Public+reprimand+and+suspension+issued+to+Lehigh+U niversity+football+student-athlete#.TuEq0QnIZ-0.facebook

It isn't up for interpretation it is what happened.

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2011, 10:38 AM

DUDE!!! Don't even go there.... Lehigh students chanting F* Lafayette twice during the game?? Wait let me revise that... I really mean to say is classy kids you have at your school. Chanting "Eff Lafayette" is pretty pathetic when your team is winning and the opposing fan base is respectful and predominantly old timers.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
DUDE!!! Don't even go there.... Lehigh students chanting F* Lafayette twice during the game?? Wait let me revise that... I really mean to say is classy kids you have at your school. Chanting "Eff Lafayette" is pretty pathetic when your team is winning and the opposing fan base is respectful and predominantly old timers.

I really didn't want to post here again.

Both schools have done it. I don't agree with it but the students don't get suspended. I think it's chalked up as "kids being kids".

Wags
December 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA.

Aren't those blue chickens the most arrogant folks?

Delaware holds a special place in my heart. It has been the only place I've ever been threaten with bodily harm by someone old enough to collect social security. #pigfarmers

LehighU11
December 9th, 2011, 10:44 AM
P4L, Lehigh/Laf is a whole other story. I know both do it. Recall the 2010 PL bball title game here, as well? My point is that Towson has no history with Lehigh. They're classless Bodymore scum.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
P4L, Lehigh/Laf is a whole other story. I know both do it. Recall the 2010 PL bball title game here, as well? My point is that Towson has no history with Lehigh. They're classless Bodymore scum.

No history with Lehigh? WTF are you talking about? WTF is your problem? I wrote a congratulatory thread the day after the game to all you LU guys.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2011/December/Public+reprimand+and+suspension+issued+to+Lehigh+U niversity+football+student-athlete#.TuEq0QnIZ-0.facebook

It isn't up for interpretation it is what happened.

I meant the focus of the suspension. I don't know if the racial reference itself or the fact that it was directed to the other team was the focus of the suspension. Since I told this message board on Tuesday that this whole thing happened (and no one believed me), I obviously understand the sequence of events themselves.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I meant the focus of the suspension. I don't know if the racial reference itself or the fact that it was directed to the other team was the focus of the suspension. Since I told this message board on Tuesday that this whole thing happened (and no one believed me), I obviously understand the sequence of events themselves.

Do I have to spell it out for you? You can't be this stupid....

for using an inappropriate and repugnant racial reference to describe Towson University student-athletes on his Twitter page

He was suspended for using it toward Towson student athletes, it wasn't because he said the word. He could have written the word a 100 times on his damn twitter account not using it toward anything in particular and been fine but once he used it to describe the team he was playing against it became an issue for the playoff committee.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Do I have to spell it out for you? You can't be this stupid....

He was suspended for using it toward Towson student athletes, it wasn't because he said the word. He could have written the word a 100 times on his damn twitter account not using it toward anything in particular and been fine but once he used it to describe the team he was playing against it became an issue for the playoff committee.

You can keep copy and pasting one sentence from the statement if you wish. My point stands and at least I didn't have to resort to name calling to make it.

FargoBison
December 9th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Weclome to my ignore list.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM

It's my pleasure.

towsonx
December 9th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I saw a promo for the show. It looks like it will be a good one.

They showed a few clips with a song; “Did you ever know that you’re my hero……..”(Bette Midler?), playing softly in the background through the whole thing.

A few excerpts from the promo;
==================================================
Spadola;
I honestly did not know how phones, computers and the Internet worked together!”

HOST;
Really?

Spadola;
Yes. I get texting and tweeting mixed up a lot too.

HOST;
O.K., I guess I can see how that could be confusing.
================================================== ==
Spadola;
Yeah, and like, uh, my whole world just got a whole lot smaller in the last week. When Coach told me about “World Wide Web”? I was like “NO WAY”. Dude!? Are you serious!?

HOST;
Well, OK, it sounds like you learned a lot.

Spadola;
Yes, college is a learning experience. I feel that I have really grown as a whole person and student athlete in the past week.

================================================== ===

HOST;
And why didn’t you think there was anything thing wrong with the insensitive content you sent you posted?

Spadola;
Well, to be honest sir, my friend at Stony Brook is blind and since High School he thinks that we’re both black. And you know how bro’s talk? Right?

HOST;
Wait a minute? I thought he played football?

Spadola;
Well, uh, actually? no. He’s the water-boy and thinks he’s on the team. The team has him believing he plays by tossing a few passes to him during the game. He really doesn’t know. He thinks he scored over 900 touchdowns this year, and is the front runner for the Heisman. You have to understand that we have been best friends since HS and I never got around to telling him the truth. He’s very special, if you know what I mean.

HOST;
Wow. So this has been a big misunderstanding?

Spadola ;
Yes sir, and I’m very, very sorry.

...............And at the end of the clip, Spadola’s seen cuddling a puppy born with no legs, helping an old lady cross a street and serving children food at a Homeless Shelter over Thanksgiving.

I heard they were also going to include some home videos’ to include; building a campfire with his boy scout troop, learning to ride a bike, High School Prom, etc.,.

It’s tragic and very moving…….

xsmileyclapxxbawlingxxbowx

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I saw a promo for the show. It looks like it will be a good one.

They showed a few clips with a song; “Did you ever know that you’re my hero……..”(Bette Midler?), playing softly in the background through the whole thing.

A few excerpts from the promo;
==================================================
Spadola;

HOST;

Spadola;

HOST;
================================================== ==
Spadola;

HOST;

Spadola;

================================================== ===

HOST;

Spadola;

HOST;

Spadola;

HOST;

Spadola ;

...............And at the end of the clip, Spadola’s seen cuddling a puppy born with no legs, helping an old lady cross a street and serving children food at a Homeless Shelter over Thanksgiving.

I heard they were also going to include some home videos’ to include; building a campfire with his boy scout troop, learning to ride a bike, High School Prom, etc.,.

It’s tragic and very moving…….

xsmileyclapxxbawlingxxbowx

Wow.....and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

towsonx
December 9th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Wow.....and I thought I had too much time on my hands.

Based on all the Spadola post's you do.

LehighGuy
December 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Based on all the Spadola post's you do.

Seriously though, how long did that take? Be honest.

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Longer than it took Spadola to type his masterpiece. :)

Engineer86
December 9th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Andy, from a class act after the game to this really? You really think RS is the only one that does such stupid things and this action by the NCAA is sensible?

andy7171
December 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Andy, from a class act after the game to this really? You really think RS is the only one that does such stupid things and this action by the NCAA is sensible?

I've gone on record in one of these threads that I think this suspension is complete BULL *****. I'm just having fun. And if LehighGuy and LehighU11 would stop taking this so seriously, my fun would end. Maybe I've been away from this place you guys have forgotten how I joke around.

towsonx
December 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Seriously though, how long did that take? Be honest.

15 minutes maybe? I dosen't take long to write a few dopey things about an over-blown subject.

All the number of threads on Spadola were too funny to pass up.

What next? Save Spadola tee-shirts?

Hire "Occupy Wall Street" protesters to fly to Fargo and Occupy the Fargo Dome?

Maybe the team will all wear Spadola's number in support?

Whatever. ***** happens, time to move on.

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 03:31 PM
15 minutes maybe? I dosen't take long to write a few dopey things about an over-blown subject.

All the number of threads on Spadola were too funny to pass up.

What next? Save Spadola tee-shirts?

Hire "Occupy Wall Street" protesters to fly to Fargo and Occupy the Fargo Dome?

Maybe the team will all wear Spadola's number in support?

Whatever. ***** happens, time to move on.

Too bad Towson couldn't have moved on after the loss. If there's any satisfaction Lehigh fans can get from this whole mess, it's the fact that we still beat Towson at home................................

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Too bad Towson couldn't have moved on after the loss. If there's any satisfaction Lehigh fans can get from this whole mess, it's the fact that we still beat Towson at home................................

I bet 100 horse apples that Lehigh fans will be on AGS *****ing to one end or another if they lose.

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I bet 100 horse apples that Lehigh fans will be on AGS *****ing to one end or another if they lose.

Maybe so, but Lehigh University coaches and AD won't be making any BS complaints about NDSU to the NCAA. They will accept defeat like real men do.

Twentysix
December 9th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe so, but Lehigh University coaches and AD won't be making any BS complaints about NDSU to the NCAA. They will accept defeat like real men do.

No they will be to busy claiming ndsu players type racial slurs on social media, right? xlolx

lehighfball
December 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
No they will be to busy claiming ndsu players type racial slurs on social media, right? xlolx

Re-read my post. I was referring to LU coaches and Ad accepting a loss the way real men should. I also said that they (COACH AND AD) won't be making BS complaints to the NCAA if they lose.

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM

Calling Towson classless bodymore scum would make you? xconfusedx Geez, it is really getting embarrassing for most of the "civil" LU fans on this board.xshhhx

towsonx
December 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Too bad Towson couldn't have moved on after the loss.
We did move on. Not talking about the game. Congrat's. Lehigh won and played a good game.That was about a week ago.

If there's any satisfaction Lehigh fans can get from this whole mess, it's the fact that we still beat Towson at home................................
Funny. Hooray for you! Or what ever it takes change the subject?

Believe me, I more important things in life to focus on than a loss that can't be changed. I guess you're different.

Many people are talking about how ridiculous it is to see multiple Spadola treads, but I guess that point went right over your head.

I'd hate to think that on top of understanding basic concepts of Twitter and the Internet Lehigh Students also have trouble with basic reading comprehension.

If you don't want people talking about about Lehigh, nix the multiple threads, and talk about the game.

2-3 threads OK?. But how many threads are going?

So with the 50 or so Spadola threads on this board, I get the impression many Lehigh fans have some secret full length poster of Spadola all greased up in the buff and posing like some bodybuilder.

What else would explain the extreme focus on one player?

Just f'kn weird.xrotatehx xdeadhorsex

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
..., I get the impression many Lehigh fans have some secret full length poster of Spadola all greased up in the buff and posing like some bodybuilder.

Stereotyping all Lehigh fans by the incessant posting of a few is rather narrow minded as well. xnonox Many of us are sick of it and can't wait for the game.

Doc QB
December 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM

Could someone explain to me how a Towson player can tweet the above in the twit sparring match that was occurring, and it get completely ignored? I remember the above quote. Was it ignored because he was black, to stupid to realize LU is in Eastern PA, or because Towson lost?

Help me here guys, I'm being serious, why just Spadola?

TUTigers
December 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Could someone explain to me how a Towson player can tweet the above in the twit sparring match that was occurring, and it get completely ignored? I remember the above quote. Was it ignored because he was black, to stupid to realize LU is in Eastern PA, or because Towson lost?

Help me here guys, I'm being serious, why just Spadola?

Prob because he is black so most people ignored it. That's part of his everyday twitter speak. When Spadola says it, it is out of character so it gets noticed more and then posted all over the internet.

Engineer86
December 9th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Prob because he is black so most people ignored it. That's part of his everyday twitter speak. When Spadola says it, it is out of character so it gets noticed more and then posted all over the internet.

Are you serious because he is black and says it all time it is ok. You are a complete idiot tool!

hawkineer
December 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Are you serious because he is black and says it all time it is ok. You are a complete idiot tool!

"You are a complete idiot too!" What is the reason for the ongoing personal attacks when one disagrees with someone else?
Socially and culturally, TU is probably correct.

Ivytalk
December 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Lots of estrogen in Andy's house. He's a sensitive, Lifetime kind of guy!:D

TUTigers
December 10th, 2011, 12:10 AM

Never said it was ok. I'm just stating the facts.

sgt smash
December 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM

Hey. Jefferson Davis. Settle down.

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 03:35 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qwikt2hhLe8/TZVbkjkQfdI/AAAAAAAAJB0/kETMfgImyPA/s1600/Jeff%2BDavis.jpg

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Hey. Jefferson Davis. Settle down.

Ok Malcolm X. One group says anything they want sounds fine.xnodxxnodxxnodxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

TSU86
December 10th, 2011, 07:55 AM

Now that you brought it up..... I don't think i saw a Lehigh fan under the age of 70 at that game. What up with that?

Oh.... by the way.... GO BISON !!!!!!!!!

Engineer86
December 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Now that you brought it up..... I don't think i saw a Lehigh fan under the age of 70 at that game. What up with that?

Well if you can't beat them ... throw all the stones that you can. Was everyone correct the CAA was overated this year, led particularly by Towson?

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 09:16 AM

I think since it was on the weekend leading up to the beginning of finals? Should be a good game today. I'm clearing my schedule to watch. Really weird watching this because I was at the Dome in Sept. You guys got better visitors seats than we did - but I see thats NCAA policy. We had like 75 people in our section including a 20 something dude who drove down from Manitoba (3 hours!) for "something to do" and was returning after the game. He said he came to sit with us cause "you guys look like you need some help" cheering. Thank you Hector!

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I think since it was on the weekend leading up to the beginning of finals? Should be a good game today. I'm clearing my schedule to watch. Really weird watching this because I was at the Dome in Sept. You guys got better visitors seats than we did - but I see thats NCAA policy. We had like 75 people in our section including a 20 something dude who drove down from Manitoba (3 hours!) for "something to do" and was returning after the game. He said he came to sit with us cause "you guys look like you need some help" cheering. Thank you Hector!

Hilarious

Twentysix
December 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM

Hector is awesome. Silliest canadian you will ever meet.

TSU86
December 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Well if you can't beat them ... throw all the stones that you can. Was everyone correct the CAA was overated this year, led particularly by Towson?

Just making an observation. Little touchy today, huh. Yeah.... Towson was definately overrated this year !!!!!!xeyebrowx

I figured i wouldn't necessarily root for anyone in the game today... just take in some good football. After seeing some of the Lehigh garbage on this board, I most definately have a rooting interest. What a bunch of pr!ck$

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM
What a bunch of pr!ck$
Hey genius , placing the $ after pri**, doesn't change the word. You're a true class act!

towsonx
December 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
placing the $ after pri**, doesn't change the word.

Figure that out on your own?

You're a true class act!

OK, Pot calling the Kettle black; Time to move on............

TSU86
December 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Hey genius , placing the $ after pri**, doesn't change the word. You're a true class act!

Just trying to fit in w/ the E Pa crew. How long do you keep that Lafayette score up?

hawkineer
December 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
How long due you keep that Lafayette score up?

Normally, 364 days. However, I am thinking of replacing it with a photo of the scoreboard from the Towson game. Any suggestions?

TSU86
December 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
honestly, I was going to proactively suggest that. At least it's an accomplishment. that's ok... I know you're real proud of that Lafayette win. (real patriot league drama)

GO NDSU !!!!

Squealofthepig
December 10th, 2011, 02:07 PM
honestly, I was going to proactively suggest that. At least it's an accomplishment. that's ok... I know you're real proud of that Lafayette win. (real patriot league drama)

GO NDSU !!!!

OK, I call foul there. Lehigh/Lafayette is the Rivalry, and it's been played 147 times. It's kind of a big deal, and I can't fault any Lehigh fan for trumpeting a good win over your storied rival.

Pards Rule
December 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hector is awesome. Silliest canadian you will ever meet.

Is he a staple at Bison games? I thought this was a one time thing with him.