PDA

View Full Version : The AGS Twitter Scandal...

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 08:34 PM
During this most recent controversy - Which shall henceforth be know as the Twitter scandal
We'd like to take this opportunity to share a few thoughts with our Members here at AGS

1) Where we stand
As we too are a social Media device much like Twitter - the official AGS position on such matters is that "we have no opinion"
We are simply a platform for discussion - come as you are

2) Where we draw the line
The distinction that must be understood is that AGS needs to be a safe place for adults to share thoughts and express ideas
Therefore we cannot allow direct threats between members
Also violence cannot be communicated or alluded to / Also we're not fond of hateful or damning speech
But the KEY POINT is we are an adult site, sometimes beyond PG17
So there is, on occasion some cursing and foul language - as a direct reflection of the society in which we live

3) How we Moderate
There is an active word filter on this site
We have selected the minimum filter setting - we don't write the software - we don't apply additional traps or filters
we simply have it turned on and let it do what it does
Additional Moderating does happen but it is rare and usually involves something in section #2 above

4) Why are we here
This whole site is about ENTERTAINMENT
Just like FCS Football the bottom line is entertainment
Our primary purpose is FCS Discussion and all things related to FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION
But we honor our Members desires to discuss any topic so we provide open forums for "Other Stuff"

5) We're all human here
Mistakes are made, situations get ugly, arguments get heated, people get offended, feelings get hurt, attitudes get feisty...
And the sun comes up tomorrow and we do it all over again
Keeping things in perspective is critical

We appreciate your support just by being here and speaking your mind
On behalf of the AGS team, Thank you

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Cleets - first, thanks for this.

I'll address the big old elephant in the room. What happened to the deleted thread, and have you guys sorted out the particular glitch that made the entire thread disappear? (I'm not huge on conspiracy theories and follow Occam's Razor, thus believe the accidental reasoning line, but would like assurances that won't happen again, as it could look to some like a cover-up or some sort of illuminati thing).

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Lehigh98 Internet Star and upstanding citizen that he is - started "THE" thread in question...
about 20 pages deep he requested that a "post" in that thread be deleted... It was his own post
I went to the post and hit delete - only one problem... I was unaware (stupidly) that it was the first post of the thread, which is the creation point of the thread
So when I hit delete on that post - it deleted the entire thread...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N1SC7kH08Uc/To5yJkADggI/AAAAAAAABG4/qdjT61tr6AY/s400/funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg

Rob Iola
December 8th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Cleets - first, thanks for this.

I'll address the big old elephant in the room. What happened to the deleted thread, and have you guys sorted out the particular glitch that made the entire thread disappear? (I'm not huge on conspiracy theories and follow Occam's Razor, thus believe the accidental reasoning line, but would like assurances that won't happen again, as it could look to some like a cover-up or some sort of illuminati thing).

There hasn't exactly been a lack of discussion on the topic, has there? That's the beauty of this place (and of the Internet in general) - you can't really ever truly squelch discussion - the real challenge is filtering thru all the dreck (although if you put certain people on ignore it tends to help).

Oh, and Cleets, it's NC17 - PG17 is reserved for the more conservative Baptists in our society...

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:03 PM
There hasn't exactly been a lack of discussion on the topic, has there? That's the beauty of this place (and of the Internet in general) - you can't really ever truly squelch discussion - the real challenge is filtering thru all the dreck (although if you put certain people on ignore it tends to help).

Oh, and Cleets, it's NC17 - PG17 is reserved for the more conservative Baptists in our society...

Oh, I know, I'd seen it elsewhere, just wanted it addressed up front so that there's no appearance of whitewashing.

So, rather than deleting the first post in a thread it's probably best practice (I cringe at my business past) to just edit the post with "Deleted by the Mods at the user's request" or something similar.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Oh, I know, I'd seen it elsewhere, just wanted it addressed up front so that there's no appearance of whitewashing.

So, rather than deleting the first post in a thread it's probably best practice (I cringe at my business past) to just edit the post with "Deleted by the Mods at the user's request" or something similar.

Just edit your own posts... YOU CAN DO IT..!!!

superman7515
December 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM
For what it is worth, the thread still exists on the internets if people are that butt hurt about it not being viewable on here.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 09:19 PM
For what it is worth, the thread still exists on the internets if people are that butt hurt about it not being viewable on here.

I got that thread a cache. *****es love caches!

superman7515
December 8th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I got that thread a cache. *****es love caches!

Yep. I found it last night after not seeing any of it before it was deleted and was able to get caught up that way.

superman7515
December 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
For those of you who are not as technologically inclined as others, do the following Google search
spadola 102519 page 1

Instead of clicking on the link that says "Spadola Suspended" (which will just bring up a message saying the thread isn't there) click on Cached underneath the description. This will give you Page 1 as it was when the thread was deleted on 12/7/2011. You'll notice that the first post is, as mentioned above, from Lehigh '98.

Now, because the thread was deleted, you can't just switch pages like a normal thread. You'll have to click the back arrow, which will take you back to the Google search page with your search still entered, and just change "spadola 102519 page 1" to "spadola 102519 page 2" or page 3, page 4, whatever the heck you're looking for before Cleets and Ursus are able to find the thread and restore it.

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Way to iron it out brother!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/005-1.jpg

eagle07
December 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Cleets, i would like to respectfully offer another name for what occured "Twittergate", so there you are do with it what you will

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2011, 10:09 PM
I now understand the awesome power of social media cyber speed.....

smcwildcat
December 8th, 2011, 10:12 PM
hope you all are happy im using this for 40% of my senior sem project AGS is a major role in my documentary if anyone cares or would like to be interviewed let me know...

HailSzczur
December 8th, 2011, 10:15 PM
hope you all are happy im using this for 40% of my senior sem project AGS is a major role in my documentary if anyone cares or would like to be interviewed let me know...

I wish I could say that all the following the multiple threads on this tonight was helping my engineering project.....

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I wish I could say that all the following the multiple threads on this tonight was helping my engineering project.....

"I was lost, and the cost: was to be outside society." - Patti Smith, Rock'n'Roll ******

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cleets, i would like to respectfully offer another name for what occured "Twittergate", so there you are do with it what you will

I like the sound of that... it's got some ZING & splash to it

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 10:53 PM

Ursus and I were both examining the thread last night from Google as well...
Thanks for the walk through - that is helpful... And it does confirm that MR. CHICKEN used some of his best material in that thread (he was distraught over the loss) he'll be delighted that his posts live on

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Ursus and I were both examining the thread last night from Google as well...
Thanks for the walk through - that is helpful... And it does confirm that MR. CHICKEN used some of his best material in that thread (he was distraught over the loss) he'll be delighted that his posts live on

16312....YEAH........NEED SATELLITE...CAPABILTY.........TOO MUCH SPACE JUNK....TA RETRIEVE.....:(....BRAWK!

SeattleGriz
December 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM
ooops, how did this photo get in here?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q76/wastjer/CleetstheSubmissive.jpg

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
cleets call it twit or twat

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM

Oh, look, he's looking for something eponymous!

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 11:09 PM

YOU are completely unmanageable...
Now try and play nice and be respectful of the other AGS citizens

LakesBison
December 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM
im trying.. but some of them are clueless.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
im trying.. but some of them are clueless.

You of all people calling anyone clueless now that is rich. xcrazyx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I don't know what the genesis of the thread was but I would like to make a few points here.

1. I've been drinking. I've been doing it with PanterRob, Alpha, KNUTS, some other guys. Chris from CS & Egriz showed up when we were leaving, lucky cuz it could have gotten out of hand at that point cuz he had the whole UNI team with him.

I said that first in case there are any grammer problems and so that you know that what I say sober is similar to what I say after taking a tug or fifty off a brewski.

2. We don't lie. What happened was exactly as stated. If you don't believe it I don't carer one bit. I know spuelpig was simply asking for clarification and for the benefit of others and that is not directed at him.

3. I have a deep respect for Eagle07 and his general train of thought. He's pretty brilliant. There will however be no "gate" attached to anything. Please realize that it is the most hack thing ever and it makes me absolutely sick that it is attached to every scandal. Eag07 was probably making fun but I can't let Cleets buy into that kind of ****.

4. Cleets nails it on the general tenor of what we do. You're offended? I don't give a crap. You don't like poster X? I don't give a crap. I think you see the trend here. Stand up for yourself, defend your point of view, and respect that others have that same right.

4. I don't remember but I'm sure it had something to do with me not giving a crap.

3. Lighten the hell up people.

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Now that's some classic drunken banter from one superior human being...
He's carrying the torch in Missoula with a bunch of UNI guys and showing that we can all hang out and experience this thing (this life) with some dignity and joy
Right here is the part where Tiny Tim says : god bless everyone

OL FU
December 9th, 2011, 05:22 AM
I don't know what all this is about. So to hell with it.

But, cleets and ursus. thanks for making AGS fun againxthumbsupx

gotts
December 9th, 2011, 08:47 AM
What about TwitterRamp?

The scandal that launched the FCS community out of control!

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Now that's some classic drunken banter from one superior human being...
He's carrying the torch in Missoula with a bunch of UNI guys and showing that we can all hang out and experience this thing (this life) with some dignity and joy
Right here is the part where Tiny Tim says : god bless everyone

Well, the guy (and you) better make it to Boone next season. That's all I'm saying...

Cleets
December 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Well, the guy (and you) better make it to Boone next season. That's all I'm saying...
I fully expect to be there... Like I said - I plan on bringing some FURMAN rif raf with me too and a Terrier (he don't bit though)

ASUMountaineer
December 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I fully expect to be there... Like I said - I plan on bringing some FURMAN rif raf with me too and a Terrier (he don't bit though)

Nice. It will certainly be one heck of a tailgate, let's see which team the FUrple rif raf and the Anklebiter root for.

OL FU
December 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM

I will give you Death Dealer's phone number:)