PDA

View Full Version : ESPN TV Coverage?

100%GRIZ
December 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I was planning on watching a full weekend (Friday & Saturday) of Playoff Football. I see that Montana vs Northern Iowa & Montana State vs Sam Houston are both on ESPN. Then Maine vs Georgia Southern & North Dakota State vs Lehigh are both on ESPN3. That SUCKS! So now I can only watch 2 of the 4 games. Why couldn't NCAA and Espn at least put the other 2 games on Espnu! This really SUCKS! xbawlingx

CopperCat
December 7th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I guess Montana's congressmen were better at lobbying ESPN.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2011, 09:54 PM

Max Baucus and Robert Iger are quite close.

CopperCat
December 7th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Max Baucus and Robert Iger are quite close.

Baucus didn't send in the letter, but Tester and Rehberg did. Baucus is a moron anyway, he probably doesn't even know what a football looks like.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
The DII and DIII semifinals are on ESPN gameplan on Saturday. DirecTV shows 3 unused gameplan channels so it's not like ESPN couldn't put them on the gameplan.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2011, 10:32 PM
North Dakota's legislature is too worried about a nickname to realize that a state university is competing in the FCS playoffs and being shut out by the man (ESPN) xsmhx

Ironic how Al Carlson is MIA now...

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
It's to bad, Fargo only offers Cableone. You get espn3 with midcon. Looks like everyone will be heading to West Fargo or Moorhead.

kardplayer
December 8th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Not pleased with this at all.

darell1976
December 8th, 2011, 02:27 AM
North Dakota's legislature is too worried about a nickname to realize that a state university is competing in the FCS playoffs and being shut out by the man (ESPN) xsmhx

Montana got their congressmen involved not the state legislature. Call Rick Berg, John Hoven and Kent Conrad. Tell them you want them to get involved in this...oh wait do they still work in congress?

Green26
December 8th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Baucus didn't send in the letter, but Tester and Rehberg did. Baucus is a moron anyway, he probably doesn't even know what a football looks like.

Baucus called Iger, the Disney CEO, and talked to him. That's much better than writing a letter.

mtbigdog
December 8th, 2011, 06:14 AM
FCS Revolution Time ! If everybody got involved, we might be able to change this!
Now would be a great time for more exposure at the FCS level. I was looking forward
to watching ALL the games this weekend. Any ideas?

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 8th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Yep.....I see where the games are not being carried on College Game Plan but yet every stinkin' FBS bowl games with 6-6 teams will probably be shown.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 07:34 AM

Do you honestly think a couple of letters made more of a difference than a personal/money relationship between a politician and a ceo? That's pretty naive.

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2011, 08:48 AM
If more people would watch FCS football ESPN would broadcast more games on its networks. Right now they broadcast 5 of the 19 postseason games.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 8th, 2011, 09:14 AM
If you have a Twitter account, please retweet this:

RT @LFN: To all my followers: Please retweet this post to @ESPN_FanCentral to show you want the #FCSPlayoffsonESPNGameplan. Thanks.

I'm hoping a Tweet avalanche will help get the games on ESPN Gameplan.

My philosophy: If you demand it, they will show it.

URMite
December 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
If more people would watch FCS football ESPN would broadcast more games on its networks. Right now they broadcast 5 of the 19 postseason games.

Is it 5 or 6? EKU/JMU, 2 this week, Final...1 or 2 next week?

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
December 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Like all broadcast companies ESPN is in the business of selling advertising
I think we can all do the rest of the math from here

footballer23
December 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I sell Centurylink internet, who does not currently carry ESPN3. I talked to my rep about it yesterday, and she said that her boss has talked to ESPN about it and they don't want to let them carry it. It doesn't make sense to me that they are telling customers to call their provider and demand ESPN3, then not letting them carry it.

bisonnation
December 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
ESPN really sucks. They are using their exclusive rights as a way to line their pockets and sell the rights to providers. It's their right to do that but they need to be called out for being greedy. NDSU and Georgia Southern have tremendous fan bases and traditions and it's a travesty that these games cannot be seen.

The best way to fix this is to do one of the following
1) Go to the espn website and click the contact link at the bottom. http://espn.go.com/espn/contact
2) Email ESPN directly at [email protected]
3) Email the president of ESPN [email protected]
4) Call them at 1-888-549-ESPN and select option 3. It only takes a few minutes

If you live in North Dakota, contact your senator
http://berg.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=58&sectiontree=76,58 (Rick Berg)
http://www.hoeven.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact?p=email-the-senator (John Hoeven)

Apparently the attorney general of North Dakota is investigating because they are calling the gameplan pricing a "bait and switch."

Engineer91
December 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
How does this espn3 work?

I'm on Time Warner Cable and they say I have access to ESPN3, I have created an account and trying to look at some of the old games. the Lehigh-Towson game is listed as being blacked out and NDSU-JMU it says that the content is not available in my area. How can I get the game on Saturday?

bluehenbillk
December 8th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Is it 5 or 6? EKU/JMU, 2 this week, Final...1 or 2 next week?

Oops, 6 of 19, I stand corrected, yea I can't count to 6, ugh.

footballer23
December 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM
ESPN really sucks. They are using their exclusive rights as a way to line their pockets and sell the rights to providers. It's their right to do that but they need to be called out for being greedy. NDSU and Georgia Southern have tremendous fan bases and traditions and it's a travesty that these games cannot be seen.

The best way to fix this is to do one of the following
1) Go to the espn website and click the contact link at the bottom. http://espn.go.com/espn/contact
2) Email ESPN directly at [email protected]
3) Email the president of ESPN [email protected]
4) Call them at 1-888-549-ESPN and select option 3. It only takes a few minutes

If you live in North Dakota, contact your senator
http://berg.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=58&sectiontree=76,58 (Rick Berg)
http://www.hoeven.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact?p=email-the-senator (John Hoeven)

Apparently the attorney general of North Dakota is investigating because they are calling the gameplan pricing a "bait and switch."

Good work on getting Bodenheimer's email address... I just dropped him a line.

cougarpines
December 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I sell Centurylink internet, who does not currently carry ESPN3. I talked to my rep about it yesterday, and she said that her boss has talked to ESPN about it and they don't want to let them carry it. It doesn't make sense to me that they are telling customers to call their provider and demand ESPN3, then not letting them carry it.

Why won't they let them carry it?

Eaglegus2
December 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I know that on our tv we watched the JMU game. It was listed as being on ESPNU. We have the complete football package.

I will be in Paulson on saturday so I am not really interested. Hopefully, the fans of all teams will be afforded the opportunity to watch their team.

Walkon79
December 8th, 2011, 11:35 AM
At least put them on Gameplan for Crying out loud! They have the TV crews there anyway. I just don't understand the logic.

footballer23
December 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Why won't they let them carry it?

My point exactly. They won't give them a reason.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
My point exactly. They won't give them a reason.

Because their reason is pure extortion to get people to ***** to their cable companies for not having ESPN3.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM

No kidding... what a grade A douche... He is a NDSU grad, lives in Fargo, yet decides to put his efforts towards NDSU Jr. up North? WTF?

I always thought that maybe, just maybe, Al did the whole nickname fiasco so that he would screw UND over athletically at the D1 level... But now his true colors show and now I know this is false. His allegiance is not at NDSU.