PDA

View Full Version : Montana @ Appalachian State

HenZoneNation
December 7th, 2011, 01:45 PM
As reported by Sports Network...in Boone...WOW

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I'll believe it AFTER the game is played...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I'll believe it AFTER the game is played...

will ya

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Should we start a thread: Montana buys out option to play in Boone (we can have the first scoop on this)

FCS Go!
December 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Old news. All you non-Griz fans need to do a better job keeping up with Montana's future schedules.

Grizcountry420
December 7th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Didnt they schedule this matchup back in 09?

james_lawfirm
December 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Didnt they schedule this matchup back in 09?

Not sure. But, I recall knowing about it right after the UM/App playoff game in '09.

JSUBison
December 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/picture-37.png

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 02:06 PM
This game has been cancelled...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Old news. All you non-Griz fans need to do a better job keeping up with Montana's future schedules.

On CS there was a thread on just the planning of a party in Boone with some of the App guys and that had to be at least 6 months to a year after the initial announcement. If people haven't known about this I'm surprised but I'm glad HZN brought it to the board so others can get in the know.

FWIW, if anybody's gonna be anywhere near this we're gonna have a heck of a shindig down there...we were talking pig roast and the whole ball O' wax.

asumike83
December 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM
FWIW, if anybody's gonna be anywhere near this we're gonna have a heck of a shindig down there...we were talking pig roast and the whole ball O' wax.

Interesting you mention that. By chance, I just might happen to be in the greater Boone area that weekend! xbeerdrinkx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Interesting you mention that. By chance, I just might happen to be in the greater Boone area that weekend! xbeerdrinkx

An odd coincidence.:Dxthumbsupx

proasu89
December 7th, 2011, 02:23 PM
On CS there was a thread on just the planning of a party in Boone with some of the App guys and that had to be at least 6 months to a year after the initial announcement. If people haven't known about this I'm surprised but I'm glad HZN brought it to the board so others can get in the know.

xeekxWould love to have met Grizoxlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM
xeekxWould love to have met Grizoxlolx

That's only because you hadn't met the Grizo.

Nice catch, I'm glad to see it wasn't a MT fan gutting him this time.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Not sure. But, I recall knowing about it right after the UM/App playoff game in '09.

I'm fairly sure it was scheduled months before that

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm fairly sure it was scheduled months before that

June 2009
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=3749509

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Did you notice...
These schools made Montana play on the road at the front end
Perhaps they're on to something there

SERIES DETAILS AND QUOTES
2012: Montana at Appalachian (Sept. 1)
2013: Appalachian at Montana (date TBA)
2014: Appalachian at McNeese State (Aug. 30)
2015: McNeese State at Appalachian (Sept. 5)
2016: Montana at McNeese State (Sept. 3)
2017: McNeese State at Montana (Sept. 2)

Mountaineer
December 7th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Did you notice...
These schools made Montana play on the road at the front end

Yes, that was the source of ongoing amusement when this was first posted a couple years back. xlolx Can't blame App or McNeese really.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Buy out some transitioning, small stadium school (who's *** you just kicked and are probably doing a favor for) and you never live it down apparently

Mountaineer
December 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Indeed. :D

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Buy out some transitioning, small stadium school (who's *** you just kicked and are probably doing a favor for) and you never live it down apparently

Reminds me of an old joke
I do all these great things...
I'm a real humanitarian but you **** one goat and you're forever calla a goat ****er

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM

You won 14-7, after we had a TD called back late in the 4th quarter. Not my definition of an ***-beating, but whatever. I do agree on the transition and small stadium, however.

Just giving you guys a hard time. Relax.

HLNgriz
December 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Going to be a great game! Looking forward to it.

Silenoz
December 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
You won 14-7, after we had a TD called back late in the 4th quarter. Not my definition of an ***-beating, but whatever. I do agree on the transition and small stadium, however.

Just giving you guys a hard time. Relax.

Wouldn't the home date have been in 2007, after the 2nd game in Wa-Griz?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262520149

Silenoz
December 7th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Also, how the hell did Carpenter run for 45 yards? I dont' remember that play lol

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Eh, you're probably right...

I can tell you how he ran for 45 yards. You guys faked a punt with three minutes left in the game. Still can't believe Bobby H. pulled that shizz. Glad he is taking his beatings at UNLV now. I love seeing him lose, becuase we obviously couldn't make it happen! haha

And don't even get me started on the playoff collapse...

twentythreeOh4
December 7th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Eh, you're probably right...

I can tell you how he ran for 45 yards. You guys faked a punt with three minutes left in the game. Still can't believe Bobby H. pulled that shizz.

You seem to have forgot that your team called timeout when the Griz were bringing in the punt team -- Hauck said, "They must have wanted to play some more football, so we decided to play some more football also."

Bottom line, you can't have it both ways. If you are going to try to preserve the clock for one last drive, you can't be mad when the other team tries to kill the clock faster.

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2011, 08:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DPrSEOEo

Apphole
December 7th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Get ready for a good time!

http://collegiatestandard.com/?p=340

ursus arctos horribilis
December 7th, 2011, 09:08 PM
You seem to have forgot that your team called timeout when the Griz were bringing in the punt team -- Hauck said, "They must have wanted to play some more football, so we decided to play some more football also."

Bottom line, you can't have it both ways. If you are going to try to preserve the clock for one last drive, you can't be mad when the other team tries to kill the clock faster.

Nailed it, I remeber that pretty clearly as well. I don't know how serious JR was about that comment but if he was then I get a kick out of guys that think that only the trailing team should be able to continue to play football as if there were a game going on.

Hauck was always willing to take the foot off the pedal and let it ride but if you weren't of the same mind then he was willing to show you the respect that an equal opponent deserves. I remember similar situations with PSU, WSU, etc.

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Nailed it, I remeber that pretty clearly as well. I don't know how serious JR was about that comment but if he was then I get a kick out of guys that think that only the trailing team should be able to continue to play football as if there were a game going on.

Hauck was always willing to take the foot off the pedal and let it ride but if you weren't of the same mind then he was willing to show you the respect that an equal opponent deserves. I remember similar situations with PSU, WSU, etc.

Yeah Hauck obviously got PISSED OFF at Jerry Glannville at Portland State a few years back...
Those two were pretty snarky at each other during Jerry's short stay but Hauck ran up the score pretty bad after the Glanville press conference the day before the game - Jerry said some really dumb stuff - then got schooled

T-Dog
December 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM

A similar situation happened in the 2008 playoffs vs South Carolina State. We took a knee twice in a row and SCSU used their final timeouts forcing 4th down with 15 seconds left. The margin was more than one score so it was completely asinine. Heck Jerry was already at midfield for the handshake. So he told Armanti to do whatever he wanted so he threw a 40+ yards TD strike to Quick with one second left. xlolx

Afterward, even the SCSU fans were fine with it and their coach said something to the effect of having learned a lesson. The only people that got pissy about it were Ralph and JMU fans.

SideLine Shooter
December 8th, 2011, 08:23 AM

I might show up for this one too. Met some great Montana folks on our last trip.

Go Apps
December 8th, 2011, 08:35 AM
This has been planned for some time - ASU will return the favor the following year and play at Montana

We need more of these marque matchups in FCS - if all will play a 12 game schedule we could do more of this - but with 11 games it makes it more difficult as someone will be at a disadvantage after the first game

asumike83
December 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
This has been planned for some time - ASU will return the favor the following year and play at Montana

We need more of these marque matchups in FCS - if all will play a 12 game schedule we could do more of this - but with 11 games it makes it more difficult as someone will be at a disadvantage after the first game

Well, we are going to be 3-8 next year regardless. Haven't you been listening to the folks on AppFan and the MMB?!

asucrutch23
December 8th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Over or Under 100 pages for this thread?

Can't wait for this game as well as the return trip xnodx

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Any time a team buys out the back end of a home and home they have fulfilled their end of the contract.
It's good to see in the press release that the buyout clause for any of these games is set at 250k. So, any team that comes across a big 600k offer from a high end FBS program may buy out the game, but it will be a windfall for BOTH teams.

People that get bent out of shape because their AD negotiates a contract with a 30-40k buyout clause should get upset with the correct person.... their own AD.

veinup
December 8th, 2011, 10:34 AM
i'm sure app. state fans will be excited to have the defending national champs out in boone.

SideLine Shooter
December 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
i'm sure app. state fans will be excited to have the defending national champs out in boone.

I certainly hope that is the case. Honestly.

veinup
December 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM

me too! thanks for your support. you app state guys are good fellas. it'll be a helluva game anyway.. i'm sure apps wants some revenge from our last meeting. if it happens to be against the defending nat. champs it'll be even more motivation. i should stop talking this natty championship stuff for the moment, though..

asucrutch23
December 8th, 2011, 10:52 AM

+1

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2011, 11:03 AM

I can't wait to finally meet all you Montana folks. I anticipate it being quite the party.

StorminASU
December 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I can't wait to finally meet all you Montana folks. I anticipate it being quite the party.

Me too, I have been waiting for this game for so long! I kept half-way expecting there to be an announcement it had been bought out though by one of us. I'm so excited to host Montana (finally!), it's going to be a heck of a game. I hope Montana comes in as defending champs and our guys are ready (much more so than this year) to make a game of it. Hopefully we see right off the bat that 2011 ASU football was an anomaly and we're back for real in 2012.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Any time a team buys out the back end of a home and home they have fulfilled their end of the contract.
It's good to see in the press release that the buyout clause for any of these games is set at 250k. So, any team that comes across a big 600k offer from a high end FBS program may buy out the game, but it will be a windfall for BOTH teams.

People that get bent out of shape because their AD negotiates a contract with a 30-40k buyout clause should get upset with the correct person.... their own AD.

Exactly. I've went back & forth with whiners about this many times and asked them if it were their money what decision would they make?

I agree also that the 250K buyouts are a great idea for things like this because as you say it gives McNeese, App, & Montana more leverage if they have do have a bag of money coming their way to negotiate it as high as possible or even have the BCS team just pay the fee. It helps out both parties.

boonegoon
December 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
I can't wait for it!! I've been looking forward to some meeting with the Griz for a very long time. I lived in Big Sky for a time and loved it, spent a lot of time in Missoula and haven't been able to make it to the playoff games we had there. I definitely, will be there and hopefully meet some of the folks. App folks too.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I might have to attend this game...
I'll have to swing through Atlanta, grab OL FU and The Older Gentlemen and zip on up...

proasu89
December 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I'll have to swing through Atlanta, grab OL FU and The Older Gentlemen and zip on up...

Make sure you sign them out. The old folks home gets pissy when you just take them without telling anyone xsmiley_wix. On a slightly more serious note, if you are planning on picking those guys up check into flying into Greeneville instead.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Make sure you sign them out. The old folks home gets pissy when you just take them without telling anyone xsmiley_wix. On a slightly more serious note, if you are planning on picking those guys up check into flying into Greeneville instead.

xlmaox UL FU might have a few things to say about your post
I'm coming from Seattle and it would go through Atlanta anyway
So I figure I just get the car in ATL go scoop up the old folks in G'ville and we're on our way

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Stop on by, but leave your iron at home.

asumike83
December 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
My brain may be moving a bit slowly but I just realized this game also falls on Labor Day weekend. This could be a full 3-day event!

Phrebert
December 8th, 2011, 03:20 PM
One condition for the game.....Keep Armanti Edwards off the fieldxrotatehx

ASUMountaineer
December 8th, 2011, 03:25 PM
One condition for the game.....Keep Armanti Edwards off the fieldxrotatehx

One condition, bring some Montana beer to share!

Mountaineer#96
December 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Going to be rolling out everything we got for this one tailgating wise....

T-Dog
December 18th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Championship Schampionship.

Now both teams can look forward to a game people care about. xnodx

veinup
December 18th, 2011, 04:27 AM
i liked app's chances more when they were hosting the potential natty champ defenders. now they're facing a team with more chips on it's shoulders than the bottom of a pringles can.

mtbigdog
December 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM
i liked app's chances more when they were hosting the potential natty champ defenders. now they're facing a team with more chips on it's shoulders than the bottom of a pringles can.

Best game ever play- 09 xthumbsupx

Apphole
December 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Championship Schampionship.

Now both teams can look forward to a game people care about. xnodx

This game will have well over double the attendence and much higher ratings (if it's on TV) than the FCS national championship game. Without Montana and App, no one outside of Stinkboro cares about the FCS.

ericsaid
December 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I know it's a bit soon but with both teams suffering disappointing setbacks, and this being without a doubt the most high profile game maybe all season for FCS...

Lets hear some chatter

THE DANIMAL
December 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I can't wait for it! Still need to look into how much it will cost to fly down there. I'm so glad we scheduled this home and home. I just seen a schedule on egriz stating we also play Liberty this year. Next fall can't come soon enough

Grizzlies82
December 19th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Question to the Appalachian State fans; Danimal mentioned flying...

1. Which airports should we be checking for prices?
2. Apx. how far (one way) is Boone from each?

Keep in mind we are from Montana so a 150 mile drive is not a big deal, it is often a given. Knoxville & Charlotte seem obvious choices. Are there others you would also suggest (Ashville, Tri-Cities, Winston-Salem, Blowing Rock)? Thanks!

asumike83
December 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM

Keep in mind we are from Montana so a 150 mile drive is not a big deal, it is often a given. Knoxville & Charlotte seem obvious choices. Are there others you would also suggest (Ashville, Tri-Cities, Winston-Salem, Blowing Rock)? Thanks!

You can usually fly into the big airports cheaper so Charlotte (100 miles) or Greensboro (115 miles) would probably be your most likely choices. There are regional airports in Hickory and Asheville but I would be surprised if you can find a flight into either of those cheaper than Greensboro/Charlotte, if at all.

Good luck with booking the travel, we will all have to commiserate during the longest 8 months of the year!

I-16Bandit
December 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
and this being without a doubt the most high profile game maybe all season for FCS...

Psssssh.

cbarrier90
December 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Psssssh.

Okay, okay. It's only be edged out by a riveting November 10th showdown between GSU and Howard. ;)

Apphole
December 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Psssssh.

Georgia Southern is not on the level of App and Montana. Cheaply acquired NC's aren't everything in the who's who of this subdivision. Just look at fan numbers and facilities.

cbarrier90
December 19th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Georgia Southern is not on the level of App and Montana. Cheaply acquired NC's aren't everything in the who's who of this subdivision. Just look at fan numbers and facilities.

Yeah, this post will go over very well...

http://vgresearcher.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1262443128690.gif

Block-A
December 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I think that the Hickory airport is now private plane only & no longer supports any commercial carriers.

cbarrier90
December 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM
You can usually fly into the big airports cheaper so Charlotte (100 miles) or Greensboro (115 miles) would probably be your most likely choices. There are regional airports in Hickory and Asheville but I would be surprised if you can find a flight into either of those cheaper than Greensboro/Charlotte, if at all.

Good luck with booking the travel, we will all have to commiserate during the longest 8 months of the year!

There is also Tri-Cities Regional just across the Tennessee line which I believe ASU used for the Montana game in 2009 and Michigan in 2007. Not sure if it serves public flights but it's twice as close to Boone as the larger airports in Raleigh, Greensboro, and Charlotte.

Apphole
December 19th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, this post will go over very well...

http://vgresearcher.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1262443128690.gif

Truth hurts.

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I know it's a bit soon but with both teams suffering disappointing setbacks, and this being without a doubt the most high profile game maybe all season for FCS...

Lets hear some chatter

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but I personally don't consider coming within three points of the NC game a season after missing the playoffs a setback. xtwocentsx

Anyhow, pretty excited for this game, can't think of a better way to start a season! xbowx

HandoEX
December 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Kudos to each AD for making this happen. This game will be a monster!!!

I-16Bandit
December 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Okay, okay. It's only be edged out by a riveting November 10th showdown between GSU and Howard. ;)

You know it. :D

Are we talking true fans or bandwagon fans? ...because App State could rival anybody with their bandwagon fans.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Should be a great game!

Apphole
December 19th, 2011, 08:36 PM
You know it. :D

Are we talking true fans or bandwagon fans? ...because App State could rival anybody with their bandwagon fans.

You do realize that Stink fan activity on this website has doubled since you got that fancy #1 ranking this year right?

Apphole
December 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I don't know if I've ever been as excited about a game as I am about Montana. Though GaSo this year was close.

boonegoon
December 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM

I wouldn't try to fly in there. The only place straight enough to land a cessna is having road work done.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 19th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't know if I've ever been as excited about a game as I am about Montana. Though GaSo this year was close.

Back at ya, this one is going to be another classic.

Cant wait to get down there and hang with some classy fans, you guys were awesome in Missoula and I am sure you will be gracious hosts in Boone. Dont think its possible to have as much fun as we did when you guys were up here in 2009........but we can try.

My +5 will be there the entire week.

Mountaineer#96
December 20th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I would fly into Charlotte or the capital and hitch a ride with some of the ASU faithful heading up the mountain.....that would be the easiest and most cost effective. Unless you had to rent a car......

AshevilleApp2
December 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Pretty well covers it, except I'd price Tri Cities in Tennessee as well. It's an hour closer, but likely more expensive.

boonegoon
December 20th, 2011, 08:30 AM
When flying from Missoula, Do you guys fly out of Spokane? Where is your nearest hub? There are direct flights from Seattle to CLT pretty cheap.

eaglewraith
December 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM

Define cheaply acquired.

asumike83
December 20th, 2011, 08:41 AM

With all the recent improvements to KBS and the Appalachian Athletics Center, I do agree that our facilities are better than GSU but in a playoff system, I really don't think there is such a thing as a cheaply acquired National Championship.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
When flying from Missoula, Do you guys fly out of Spokane? Where is your nearest hub? There are direct flights from Seattle to CLT pretty cheap.

Flying out of Spokane generally isn't a ton cheaper, and the 7 hour drive to Seattle + parking concerns make it a pain in the azz. I'm sure you can do MSO>DEN>CLT fairly cheaply.

AshevilleApp2
December 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Flying out of Spokane generally isn't a ton cheaper, and the 7 hour drive to Seattle + parking concerns make it a pain in the azz. I'm sure you can do MSO>DEN>CLT fairly cheaply.

I did a little pricing and it looks like Raleigh/Durham is the cheapest option from Missoula. Greensboro and Charlotte are both about $600 round trip. Two changes into Greensboro and one into Charlotte. RDU is about $515 with one change.

asumike83
December 20th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hopefully these links work but here is what I found doing a search on Bing. All flights leave Missoula Friday and head back on Sunday:

$514 round-trip to Charlotte with 1 stop (100 miles from Boone): http://www.bing.com/travel/flight/flightSearch?form=TRHPAS&oform=Z9LH5%2CTRHPAS&q=flights+from+MSO+to+CLT+leave+08%2F31%2F2012+ret urn+09%2F02%2F2012+adults%3A1+class%3ACOACH&shl=fly+MSO%3ECLT+%288%2F31-9%2F2%29&stoc=0&vo1=Missoula%2C+MT+%28MSO%29+-+Johnson-Bell+Field&o=MSO&ve1=Charlotte%2C+NC+%28CLT%29+-+Douglas+Airport&e=CLT&d1=08%2F31%2F2012&r1=09%2F02%2F2012&p=1&b=COACH&baf=true

$533 round-trip to Greensboro/High Point with 2 stops (110 miles from Boone): http://www.bing.com/travel/flight/flightSearch?form=TRHPAS&oform=Z9LH5%2CTRHPAS&q=flights+from+MSO+to+GSO+leave+08%2F31%2F2012+ret urn+09%2F02%2F2012+adults%3A1+class%3ACOACH&shl=fly+MSO%3EGSO+%288%2F31-9%2F2%29&stoc=0&vo1=Missoula%2C+MT+%28MSO%29+-+Johnson-Bell+Field&o=MSO&ve1=Greensboro%2FHigh+Point%2C+NC+%28GSO%29+-+Piedmont+Triad+International+Airport&e=GSO&d1=08%2F31%2F2012&r1=09%2F02%2F2012&p=1&b=COACH&baf=true&baf%2CHTW-HP%2CFlightsHomepage=on

Could not find any to Raleigh, although there are surely some out there.

Apphole
December 20th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Ok cheaply acquired was harsh, but there's a big difference in difficulty between what GaSo has to do now to win a NC and playing a weak, no conference regular schedual in the 80's and then running an offense that no team has seen and only has a week to prepare for. (I know you still run that offense, but the TO isn't as new-fangled as it used to be) Getting knocked out in the semis two years in a row can attest.

GaSo is up there for sure and is my favorite rival, but as far as "big time" indicators like fan ship, brand recognition and stadiums, I don't feel that they have reached the level of App and Montana.

GA St. MBB Fan
December 20th, 2011, 12:17 PM

GA St. MBB Fan
December 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Dang it...I didn't realize how long this thread was when I posted mine.

walliver
December 21st, 2011, 08:56 AM
Ok cheaply acquired was harsh, but there's a big difference in difficulty between what GaSo has to do now to win a NC and playing a weak, no conference regular schedual in the 80's and then running an offense that no team has seen and only has a week to prepare for. (I know you still run that offense, but the TO isn't as new-fangled as it used to be) Getting knocked out in the semis two years in a row can attest.

GaSo is up there for sure and is my favorite rival, but as far as "big time" indicators like fan ship, brand recognition and stadiums, I don't feel that they have reached the level of App and Montana.

The TO was ASU's offense at one time.

GSU and Montana have won NC's in different eras with different coaches. GSU and Montana have much better LONG-TERM resume's than ASU. The three-peat is impressive, but there are no NC's before or after that.

asumike83
December 28th, 2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205352252

Just an FYI for anybody making very early travel plans, the date of the game has been changed to September 8, 2012.

Cleets
December 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'll be flying in to Atlanta on Friday the 7th direct from Seattle...
The round trip is $400 (return flight Monday)

OL FU might have me sleeping on his sofa Sunday... xshhhx he doesn't know it yet

asumike83
December 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Changing the scheduled date is good and bad for me. I am now able to go to the ECU game in Greenville which is always fun, my dad is an ECU alum and we will have a great time down there.

However, my wedding obligation will now prevent me from making the Montana game which I may not ever get the opportunity to see again. Plus, I won't be able to meet all of you AGS Montana yahoos and buy you a beer to ease the stinging pain of defeat at the hands of the Mountaineers!

T-Dog
December 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

I was looking forward to having a home game on Labor Day weekend for a change.

Now there's an even greater chance we get to die in the heat at ECU.

Apphole
December 28th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Once again I’m going to have to chose between our season opener and the High Country Beer Festival. This of course means I will be missing the High Country Beer Festival. Bummer

asumike83
January 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Got the best news I've heard in months today! My wedding obligation has been re-scheduled for 10/6 and although I will miss our home game against Elon, I will be in attendance for the Montana game. So excited I can hardly stand it, I'm gonna go fire up the grill now.

AppAlum2003
January 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Got the best news I've heard in months today! My wedding obligation has been re-scheduled for 10/6 and although I will miss our home game against Elon, I will be in attendance for the Montana game. So excited I can hardly stand it, I'm gonna go fire up the grill now.

Oh, I wouldn't if I were you... the fire will most definitely be out by gametime.

chattownmocs
January 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM
It's not going to be nearly as fun beating down a 1-2 team, but hey it's still going to be a beating, fun or not.

Apphole
January 26th, 2012, 12:57 PM
It's not going to be nearly as fun beating down a 1-2 team, but hey it's still going to be a beating, fun or not.

I don't even know where to start with this one...

asujch
January 26th, 2012, 11:27 PM

I don't even know where to start with this one...

I was wondering when this guy was going to show his face

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

ASUMountaineer
January 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

I don't know about you, but this video is spot on. Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT, and I can assure you that we all are "proud as a Peacock." Don't hate, appreciate.

Apphole
January 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I hope we run up the score on the jizzlies

ursus arctos horribilis
January 27th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I hope we run up the score on the jizzlies

I'm sure you do. You are a dreamer so that comes with the territory.

Apphole
January 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Just tell your players to stay away from our women.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I just hope you score...........against the jizzlies

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ASUMountaineer
January 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM

I hope it's an epic game with a [finally] different result. I also hope I'm drunk as **** with Ursus, AZJizzFan, and the rest of the band of flukies.

asumike83
January 27th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I am expecting nothing less than an excellent game. A few months ago with all the uncertainty about our coaching situation, I was bracing for a beating but I've had some confidence instilled with the hires we have made and I think we'll be up to the task. Playing ECU first will probably help to work some of the kinks out.

The coals on my grill are already lit...

StorminASU
January 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I am expecting nothing less than an excellent game. A few months ago with all the uncertainty about our coaching situation, I was bracing for a beating but I've had some confidence instilled with the hires we have made and I think we'll be up to the task. Playing ECU first will probably help to work some of the kinks out.

The coals on my grill are already lit...

How big of a bag of charcoal did you buy? This is getting extravagant it sounds like.

asumike83
January 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
How big of a bag of charcoal did you buy? This is getting extravagant it sounds like.

Yes, quite extravagant! I had to take out a 2nd mortgage to fund a sufficient charcoal supply but hey, how often do we kick off the home slate with such a bang?

Apphole
January 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
I will be grilling with propane and tasting the meat, not the heat.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I will be grilling with propane and tasting the meat, not the heat.

Sounds good Hank.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I hope it's an epic game with a [finally] different result. I also hope I'm drunk as **** with Ursus, AZJizzFan, and the rest of the band of flukies.

I don't want us to lose but I wouldn't take it that hard if we did. I think all the other things are sure to happen.

asumike83
January 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sounds good Hank.

I have no problem with propane OR propane accessories but to me, it just doesn't taste like football season without the charcoal.

Sorry Hank...
http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/hank-hill.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
January 27th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I have no problem with propane OR propane accessories but to me, it just doesn't taste like football season without the charcoal.

Sorry Hank...
http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/hank-hill.jpg

Charcoal is the way to roll. I got no problem either way on the methods though.

ASUMountaineer
January 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I don't want us to lose but I wouldn't take it that hard if we did. I think all the other things are sure to happen.

Sounds good to me. I am sure, by gameday, I will need a break (and some spirits) as my wife is pregnant and the baby is due August 6th. This means I'll probably get more sleep that weekend than the previous four. HA!

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Montana @ App St. Finally, a full set of teeth in Kidd Brewer.

Cleets
February 2nd, 2012, 07:58 PM

xlolx

asumike83
February 2nd, 2012, 07:59 PM

Man, you love some App State huh? You haven't had anything to talk about but us since you joined, it is rather flattering actually.

BR54Niner
February 2nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Man, you love some App State huh? You haven't anything to talk about but us since you joined, it is rather flattering actually.

xlolx How do you know it's not Montana. They've experienced a longer, more sustained stretch of success ;)

StorminASU
February 3rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
xlolx How do you know it's not Montana. They've experienced a longer, more sustained stretch of success ;)

http://c719684.r84.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/MichaelScott.jpg

Apphole
February 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM

Hey what are you doing on AGS? Shouldn't you be adding stars to your no-star-havin' recruits after they signed?

TheRevSFA
February 3rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
I find it funny people who are now getting a football program acting like they are king ****.

If I was a DII school I'd be begging to get on UNC-NASCAR's schedule. Easy win plus you get paid to do it.

Apphole
February 3rd, 2012, 10:28 AM
I find it funny people who are now getting a football program acting like they are king ****.

If I was a DII school I'd be begging to get on UNC-NASCAR's schedule. Easy win plus you get paid to do it.

+1

WH49er
February 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
How cute, Apphole finally has a friend. Mom's basement won't be as lonely anymore. xsmoochx

AppAlum2003
February 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
How cute, Apphole finally has a friend. Mom's basement won't be as lonely anymore. xsmoochx

No way they'd meet IRL... I don't think Rev gets down like that.

Apphole
February 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM

Well I guess that gives me one more than you

T-Dog
September 4th, 2012, 09:45 AM
It's game week. xnodx

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM
if I was at ESPN and had any say I am telling Lee Corso to get his rand mcnally out so he can get his wrinkled butt to Boone, NC for Gameday....

AppAlum2003
September 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
This 6:30 start is going to make this one crazy. I've already set aside bail money in a sock.

GreatAppSt
September 4th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Grizzerds gettin kicked this week!xnodx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU

TwoFeathers
September 4th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'm calling Montana to win on the road. Just don't think App is back to the form of a few years ago. IMO

citdog
September 4th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm calling Montana to win on the road. Just don't think App is back to the form of a few years ago. IMO

listen tho the FCS WEDGE tonight and hear our take on this game. bottom of the screen........click on it knuckleheads

ASUG8
September 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
This 6:30 start is going to make this one crazy. I've already set aside bail money in a sock.

Probably not a bad idea. I still have to figure out where I'm going to park.

AppAlum2003
September 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM

Speaking of which, I don't think I'll be able to make it down to SC on Thursday night. So, Montana fans, where are you going to be on Saturday? I'm assuming Greenwood and Stadium Lots, but give me some specifics. Otherwise, I'm just going to walk up to random Montana fans going "Hey! KNUTS!!! It's great to meet you!!! Here's $1!!!!"

ASUMountaineer
September 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM

Check out the MMB, and pick up a Rivers St. deck pass and come tailgate with us for a while. I plan on making the rounds to many spots to meet Griz faithful and some of the ASU characters I have yet to met.

ASUG8
September 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Check out the MMB, and pick up a Rivers St. deck pass and come tailgate with us for a while. I plan on making the rounds to many spots to meet Griz faithful and some of the ASU characters I have yet to met.

Thanks for the suggestion - I have a couple of e-mails out now to hopefully grab one.

AppAlum2003
September 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I've decided to wear my black Appalachian State t-shirt for the game so I'm easily identifiable to Griz fans... see you guys there!

T-Dog
September 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I've decided to wear my black Appalachian State t-shirt for the game so I'm easily identifiable to Griz fans... see you guys there!

So am I!

I wrote things about this game. Read, learn, love, live.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/?p=1971

Mountaineer
September 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM
So am I!

I wrote things about this game. Read, learn, love, live.

http://www.yosefscabin.com/?p=1971

Excellent write-up T.

And the win count in your signature is one off. Current record should be 556-310-28. xthumbsupx

ASUMountaineer
September 5th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestion - I have a couple of e-mails out now to hopefully grab one.

Nice.