PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/Lehigh Game. Sold out already?

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Posters on Bisonville say that seating is already down to GA only. I know this isn't technically sold out then yet, but at this rate I wouldn't doubt if it was a sell out by tomorrow. Get your tickets while you can!

Be prepared, Lehigh! This is one noisy dome. 109.6 decibels on Saturday and that wasn't even a sellout! JMU had 3 false starts because of the 12th man. They practiced all week with speakers on the field, and that wasn't even enough to prepare them! Keep it going, Bison!

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Season ticket holders have until Tuesday night to buy their tickets. The unclaimed seats will be for sale starting Wed. morning.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I doubt it's even close yet. There will be unclaimed season tickets getting released on Wednesday morning and 4000 student tickets that will need to be bought by the students or sold as GA. New sideline seats were constantly going available on gobison.com last week for the JMU game up until the day before the game as well, not sure if those were visitor tickets getting returned or just the ticket office getting backlogged about what tickets were sold and were too busy to update everything online.

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I have visions of Minnesota Vikings games where that damn Viking horn sounds after every home first down. Are there similar Scandinavian SFX at the Fargodome?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I have visions of Minnesota Vikings games where that damn Viking horn sounds after every home first down. Are there similar Scandinavian SFX at the Fargodome?

Sadly no. They don't even get to use their usual fireworks, NCAA rules against artificial noise.

No_Skill
December 5th, 2011, 02:59 PM
No. we have concussion pyros, but they are prohibited during playoffs.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
1,382 miles to Fargo from Bethlehem. That's almost entirely Bison fans selling things out that fast. Impressive.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I just ordered from Lehigh's allotment, section 16. I see that's your student section. Please tell me they are not obnoxious.

Grizzaholic
December 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I am shock, shocked I tell ya. I cannot believe the NDSU game wasn't sold out Sunday morning and the tailgating wasn't already filling up for next weekends games. Lakes is going to be pissed.

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Weird, we're still allowed to fire off our cannon...

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I just ordered from Lehigh's allotment, section 16. I see that's your student section. Please tell me they are not obnoxious.

Oh buddy, I sat right behind the JMU fan group in the student section last Saturday. Let's just say don't try to throw streamers in the crowd, otherwise you might end up with gum in your hair! hahaha

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Weird, we're still allowed to fire off our cannon...

Was it before or after the game? NDSU was allowed to use artillery shells before the game during our pregame rituals, but not after every touchdown like we usually do.

AmsterBison
December 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM

We solved a lot of problems when we put the metal mesh cage around the student section. Anyway, I think you are in the section next to the students.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Oh buddy, I sat right behind the JMU fan group in the student section last Saturday. Let's just say don't try to throw streamers in the crowd, otherwise you might end up with gum in your hair! hahaha

Verbal harassment I can stand. If I catch someone throwing something at me, neither one of us will be seeing the rest of the game.

We solved a lot of problems when we put the metal mesh cage around the student section. Anyway, I think you are in the section next to the students.

:::not sure if joking::: :-)

Lehigh Lover
December 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Towson used fireworks during their pregame. They were pretty pathetic but still...

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Verbal harassment I can stand. If I catch someone throwing something at me, neither one of us will be seeing the rest of the game.

:::not sure if joking::: :-)

This problem will be easy to avoid if away fans do not throw stuff into a section of 4000 drunk college students. If you can resist throwing stuff at the students, they will resist throwing stuff at you. From what I saw, the JMU fans that did such completely deserved a new haircut anyway.

MTfan4life
Tickets are still available, and more will likely open up on Wednesday.
NDSU Tickets (https://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHome.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&_MODE_=EVENTSELECT&SALE_TKT_EVENT_ID=268681)

gotts

Just loud!

Those are primo seats you are in, typically it is part of the student section. You should be able to get the full noise experience from where you're at.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Towson used fireworks during their pregame. They were pretty pathetic but still...

NDSU does too and typically they do after a touchdown, but the NCAA put the kabash on in-game fireworks for the playoffs. I think NDSU's pregame is one of the best there is. But, that could be a homer opinion.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
This problem will be easy to avoid if away fans do not throw stuff into a section of 4000 drunk college students. If you can resist throwing stuff at the students, they will resist throwing stuff at you. From what I saw, the JMU fans that did such completely deserved a new haircut anyway.

Nah, I stopped being that obnoxious years ago. As long as it's not like Delaware, where men old enough to be on social security are threatening to beat you up.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Just loud!

Those are primo seats you are in, typically it is part of the student section. You should be able to get the full noise experience from where you're at.

Awesome...definitely looking forward to the NOISE. Even if it ends up causing LU some problems.

darell1976
December 5th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Was it before or after the game? NDSU was allowed to use artillery shells before the game during our pregame rituals, but not after every touchdown like we usually do.

When I was listening to the game on the radio I was waiting to her that cannon after the first touchdown, then nothing. Thats a pretty crappy NCAA rule. What difference does it make its part of the home teams venue.

NDSU_grad
December 5th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Stupid question I'm sure, but what's to stop an NDSU fan from buying tickets through the Lehigh website in the visitor section?

gotts
December 5th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Stupid question I'm sure, but what's to stop an NDSU fan from buying tickets through the Lehigh website in the visitor section?

Good question. Give it a try!

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Can't buy them on the web from LU. Gotta call their box office.

darell1976
December 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM

I have a co-worker who is a Nebraska fan and he said one way to get tickets to a Nebraska football home game is to go throught the visitors website. I would give it a shot NSDU_grad. I don't think they will deny you tickets if you don't cheer for Lehigh.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Nah, I stopped being that obnoxious years ago. As long as it's not like Delaware, where men old enough to be on social security are threatening to beat you up.

Haha In all seriousness, if you don't give the students a reason to do anything drastic (besides being from Lehigh), you should be fine. The JMU fans that I saw were really classless and when that streamer hit an NDSU student right in the face, I thought all hell was going to break loose. Instead, a JMU fan just has to get a new hairdo. Pretty reasonable. Haha

Awesome...definitely looking forward to the NOISE. Even if it ends up causing LU some problems.

It will be the loudest environment Lehigh has played in all year and possibly ever. The JMU team hailing from a stadium of 25,000 couldn't handle it and had 3 false starts. The 12th man WILL be a huge factor with inexperienced teams.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
When I was listening to the game on the radio I was waiting to her that cannon after the first touchdown, then nothing. Thats a pretty crappy NCAA rule. What difference does it make its part of the home teams venue.

It's not a cannon. It's artillery shells exploding from the roof in the dome. Regardless, it is a really crappy rule. It kind of takes away from the whole home-field advantage thing that NDSU earned...

NDSU_grad
December 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Can't buy them on the web from LU. Gotta call their box office.

Well I was just on the Lehigh website and it said I could pick tickets up at the will call office at the Fargodome. Might have to make a phone call today.

darell1976
December 5th, 2011, 03:41 PM
It's not a cannon. It's artillery shells exploding from the roof in the dome. Regardless, it is a really crappy rule. It kind of takes away from the whole home-field advantage thing that NDSU earned...

Next they will outlaw mascots at playoff games. That might give the crowd an extra boost and we can't have that.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Next they will outlaw mascots at playoff games. That might give the crowd an extra boost and we can't have that.

Well they best not. The crowd went crazy when Thundar took down Dukie Dog, or whatever his name was...

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2011, 03:56 PM
NDSU does too and typically they do after a touchdown, but the NCAA put the kabash on in-game fireworks for the playoffs. I think NDSU's pregame is one of the best there is. But, that could be a homer opinion.

Not a solid pre-game until you get people flying into your stadium from the sky! xthumbsupx I guess I will be able to judge this weekend, but Montana's was always extremely awesome. Skydivers, our mascot on a motorcycle, and sometimes the jets flying above. Ya can't really get any of that inside a dome.

No_Skill
December 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Not a solid pre-game until you get people flying into your stadium from the sky! xthumbsupx I guess I will be able to judge this weekend, but Montana's was always extremely awesome. Skydivers, our mascot on a motorcycle, and sometimes the jets flying above. Ya can't really get any of that inside a dome.

You also can't shut the lights off in an open-stadium unless you schedule a late game or make it to the playoffs where the sun sets at 6pm...

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Similar to the noise of a cannon, I imagine?

You also can't shut the lights off in an open-stadium unless you schedule a late game or make it to the playoffs where the sun sets at 6pm...

That is indeed true. I prefer the lights off during basketball pregame but not so much with football. I bet that'd be pretty sweet though indoors. We'll see this Saturday.

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Similar to the noise of a cannon, I imagine?

Except indoors and when it's amplified by concrete and steel I'm sure it's slightly louder.

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I doubt it's even close yet. There will be unclaimed season tickets getting released on Wednesday morning and 4000 student tickets that will need to be bought by the students or sold as GA. New sideline seats were constantly going available on gobison.com last week for the JMU game up until the day before the game as well, not sure if those were visitor tickets getting returned or just the ticket office getting backlogged about what tickets were sold and were too busy to update everything online.

Do students pay for tickets for the regular season?

gotts
December 5th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Do students pay for tickets for the regular season?

Admission to all regular season athletic events is included in an "Activity Fee" that is charged by the credit.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2011, 04:21 PM

God, I wish I had Bogus' Photoshop skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5N35kQAPv0

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Except indoors and when it's amplified by concrete and steel I'm sure it's slightly louder.

Yeah, it's a good thing Wa/Griz is made of noise-absorbing plastic instead of concrete and steel...

Vitojr130
December 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing Wa/Griz is made of noise-absorbing plastic instead of concrete and steel...

No, but a roof overhead to contain noise would make it much more impressive. Surprise, surprise! Noise doesn't really bounce off of air that well

No_Skill
December 5th, 2011, 04:48 PM

But all that soft cushiony air for a roof certainly doesn't help.

LakesBison
December 5th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Bring the noise!!!!! Gonna be looooud again!!!

344Johnson
December 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Game probably wont have 18,700 which is "capacity" in the Dome but it should be pretty close with any luck.

LakesBison
December 5th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Nah, the buzz is here, this ***** hits 19,500

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2011, 10:26 PM
All of the reserved seats are sold out. The ticket page says more tickets may be released Friday morning. I'm not sure if those are unclaimed student tickets or unclaimed tickets from the visiting team's allotment.

ngineer
December 7th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Should be very interesting. Actually, from my perspective as a former player, I'd trade the freezing cold and wind for the noise. The first two would affect our game more than the noise will. Yes, there might be a false start or two, but these have guys have been practicing and timing together for a long time and will adapt. The Dome may be a blessing in disguise for "Air Lehigh".

Bogus Megapardus
December 7th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I have visions of Minnesota Vikings games where that damn Viking horn sounds after every home first down.

I have visions of the Minnesota Vikings game where the roof collapses. At the last minute the NCAA calls in a fix by competent engineers - from Lafayette College.

MR. CHICKEN
December 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I have visions of the Minnesota Vikings game where the roof collapses. At the last minute the NCAA calls in a fix by competent engineers - from Lafayette College.

16309.......LEHIGH...ENGINEERS.......EMPLOYIN' DERE TACIT KNOWLEDGE.... TA SOLVE DUH...MATHMATIC MODEL......BISON....MAY PRESENT.....TA DUH HAWKS.......xpopcornx.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

P.S............JES' 'CAUSE YA..PATRIOTS.....WEAR POCKET PROTECTORS.........HEY...CHICKENS...HAVE NO POCKETS......AWK!

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
16309.......LEHIGH...ENGINEERS.....EMPLOYIN' DERE TACIT KNOWLEDGE.... TA SOLVE DUH...MATHMATIC MODEL......BISON....MAY PRESENT.....TA DUH HAWKS.......xpopcornx.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

P.S............JES' 'CAUSE YA..PATRIOTS.....WEAR POCKET PROTECTORS.........HEY...CHICKENS...HAVE NO POCKETS......AWK!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBzF8jaBE1GqnridglvnEl0zrZPgf-O7wrvDNGCXf5RceicC8eHIqt6Jx0