PDA

View Full Version : UNH's Ball Thinking Draft 2007

TexasTerror
May 23rd, 2006, 06:55 AM
Ball is definitely up for consideration for the Payton Award, a weekly potential I-AA.org All-Star and ultimately, a trip to play on Sunday's. First, I think he has a few of Jerry Rice's records to break! :nod:
---------
Three years of strength and conditioning work, plus yoga, sprint work and agility drills, have transformed him into a pretty reasonable facsimile of a pro wide receiver. His stats at UNH are also worth faxing home about. Forty-six TD receptions leave him four shy of breaking Jerry Rice's Division I-AA national record of 50, and after two back-to-back seasons with 1,500 yards receiving, he needs just 1,150 more to break the career yards record.

"My height and weight are prototypical for an NFL wide receiver," Ball says. As for speed, he believes he's a little slow in the 40 compared to other prospects, but "my field speed is good enough." His best assets? "Leaping and hands."

Those assets came in handy two years ago when UNH beat Division I-A Rutgers, 34-27, which had whipped Michigan State the week before. In the Rutgers game, Ball caught two TD passes.

"In addition to the support of friends and family," he says, "I think what success I've had is due to the support of the team and coaches. I could easily have ended up in a system that doesn't throw the ball. Fortunately, I'm in a great system surrounded by great people."

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060523/NEWS/605230337/1004/EDUCATION05

UNH 40
May 23rd, 2006, 07:34 AM
He would be a streal for any team in next years drafts. His leaping ability and route running seperate him from most of the WR's in the draft. He is not the fastest guy when it comes to running a forty but he has spectacular game speed which I think is all that matters. He is deserving of a late 2nd early 3rd round draft at the very least.