PDA

View Full Version : Any Mid-Year Transfers In For Visits Yet?

underdawg
December 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM
We've had a bunch but I have only identified 6'4" 254 DE Marlandez Harris of University of Indiana, who visited last weekend at SIU.

DFW HOYA
December 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM
There was a story posted online about a QB from Middle Tennessee State looking to visit Georgetown, but it's difficult for many transfers to navigate through admissions (the transfer accept rate in the University is only 10% and the min. GPA is 3.5 and above) and the oft-discussed Patriot League AI.

The Hoyas usually get only one transfer each recruiting season as a result, though I think others would give it a look.

clenz
December 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Reports have a player or two from Kansas transfering to UNI after Turner Gil was fired.

One of them being Sophomore safety Keeston Terry. He is from Blue Springs Missouri, and we currently have his HS teammates Carlos Anderson and Jared Lanpher on the roster.

He recorded 66 tackles and pick for KU last year.

henfan
December 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
No visits yet but Tom Savage from UAz by way of Rutgers and nearby Springfield, PA could be headed to UDel.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/12/former_rutgers_qb_tom_savage_t.html
http://media.nj.com/rutgers_football/photo/savagejpg-cad6b76a82a39845.jpg

clenz
December 6th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Reports have a player or two from Kansas transfering to UNI after Turner Gil was fired.

One of them being Sophomore safety Keeston Terry. He is from Blue Springs Missouri, and we currently have his HS teammates Carlos Anderson and Jared Lanpher on the roster.

The other reported player is starting KU running back. I don't know who the starting RB was for Knsas but there were two that saw significant PT ...SO James Sims and FR Darrian Miller. Darrian Miller is also from Blue Springs, MO...along with Keeston Miller and Carlos Anderson and Jared Lanpher.

Darrian was the 22nd ranked RB in his class in the nation. Averaged over 4 yards per carry last season.

henfan
December 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM
If you give any credence to such things, one message board rumor has several UMd players interested in transferring to UDel next season. Seems that Randy Edsall is going over like, well... the Edsel.

underdawg
December 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
MLB Victor Burnette (5'11", 234) is visiting this week. He's from University of Washington,

underdawg
December 7th, 2011, 01:09 PM

Interesting. I know for a fact that Deiodre Hall a 6'3" 170 pound DB/WR from Blue Springs Mo is visiting SIU this weekend. They must have a great program.

344Johnson
December 7th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Dayne Crist of Notre Dame will be transferring for his senior season. He was the #2 qb in his class coming out of high school. He is from California so maybe he looks at returning home...or maybe stays in Indiana and goes to Indiana St.?

AppAlum2003
December 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM
There is a bus backing up to a secure loading dock at the University of Delaware as we speak...

UNIFanSince1983
December 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Dayne Crist of Notre Dame will be transferring for his senior season. He was the #2 qb in his class coming out of high school. He is from California so maybe he looks at returning home...or maybe stays in Indiana and goes to Indiana St.?

I bet Keeler has been knocking his door down...

Mountaineer#96
December 7th, 2011, 03:10 PM

San Diego State is his number one......he already graduated from ND, so he can play from the start in FBS. No idea why he would choose to trasnfer down at this point.

GannonFan
December 7th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I bet Keeler has been knocking his door down...

Nah, there's much better pickings out there for transfer QB's than Crist. Danny O'Brien from Maryland would be one - I'd take him over Crist. Plus, UD's never taken a transfer QB with just one year left so I don't think he'd even be considered.

underdawg
December 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
There is a bus backing up to a secure loading dock at the University of Delaware as we speak...

From what I know of Delaware recuiting, I don't think you are kidding!

Engineer86
December 7th, 2011, 06:06 PM
No visits yet but Tom Savage from UAz by way of Rutgers and nearby Springfield, PA could be headed to UDel.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/12/former_rutgers_qb_tom_savage_t.html
http://media.nj.com/rutgers_football/photo/savagejpg-cad6b76a82a39845.jpg

Should have gone straiht to UD from Rutgers!

BEAR
December 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM
We're just waiting for other uaf and SEC transfers to come down the pipeline. xlolx

underdawg
December 15th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Verbal from Nate Harezma, starting all-conference offensive guard for Butler JUCO (Kansas). 6'5" 320 pounds. Originally from Larned Ks. He was All-conference and all-region.

underdawg
December 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Visiting SIU Saluki Campus this weekend are 5'10" 210 pound RB Antonio Banks of University of Indiana and 5'10" 200 pound OLB Charles Watson of Dean CC.

underdawg
December 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Offered, yet to visit are mid-year JUCO CB's Fidel Montgomery (6', 183, Southwest Mississippi CC) and Darrius Morrow (5'11", 180, Hutchinson Ks CC)

bluehenbillk
December 16th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Word is Crist is NOT coming to UD. Praise Jesus, praise Tim Tebow.

underdawg
December 18th, 2011, 03:55 PM
bump

Midyear transfers can start signing Wednesday I believe

underdawg
December 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Anyone sign any JUCo's (or FBS) transfers yet?

underdawg
December 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I guess not

Wildcat80
December 27th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Word is Crist is NOT coming to UD. Praise Jesus, praise Tim Tebow.

Correct went to Kansas with Charlie Weis.

BEAR
December 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
UCA gets University of Arkansas QB transfer:

Walker, Jacoby QB 6-2 220 RFr. Houston, Texas (Westfield HS)

underdawg
December 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Congrats to UCA. I know Walker hurt his leg at UA. Hows he doing doing? Will he set out Spring practice? Now days they can really rehab players. Our University of Iowa RB transfer jewel Hampton had ACLs tears on both legs but is good as new after sitting out last spring he ran for over 1000 yards in 2011 and has one more year

BEAR
December 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Really don't know. He apparently signed up for classes for this January and has met with coaches according to the local paper. Nothing more on his condition but I imagine since he hurt himself very early last year that he will be fine for the fall. Glad to have our 4th uaf qb...now we need to find that right formula to advance past the first round. xlolx

RichH2
December 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Transfers of any kind are rare at lehigh. Over the 40+ years, I have followed 2 perhaps 3 JUCO kids. About the same number of FBS kids. FCS a few. One last year from Bryant.

Doc QB
December 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Transfers of any kind are rare at lehigh. Over the 40+ years, I have followed 2 perhaps 3 JUCO kids. About the same number of FBS kids. FCS a few. One last year from Bryant.

As Hank Small was leaving, spring leading to my junior year, we had six juco kids and over the summer, two transfer QBs from FBS. I got moved to free safety, begrudgingly. One failed out, former PA player of year from Temple (Dennis Decker). I transferred to Johns Hopkins, a little angry, but kinda happy the one didnt pan out. The other turned out pretty darn good...Bobby Aylesworth. Chad Schwenke transferred from Rutgers a few year later as well. We have some come through the pipeline, just not big newsworthy mNFL impact type ones.

bluehenbillk
December 29th, 2011, 07:23 AM

Mike Connor, QB from UD, older brother of NFL'er & PSU LB Dan Connor.

RichH2
December 29th, 2011, 08:54 AM
As Hank Small was leaving, spring leading to my junior year, we had six juco kids and over the summer, two transfer QBs from FBS. I got moved to free safety, begrudgingly. One failed out, former PA player of year from Temple (Dennis Decker). I transferred to Johns Hopkins, a little angry, but kinda happy the one didnt pan out. The other turned out pretty darn good...Bobby Aylesworth. Chad Schwenke transferred from Rutgers a few year later as well. We have some come through the pipeline, just not big newsworthy mNFL impact type ones.

Forgot decker. Did not realize so many Jucos that year. Chad had all the tools just could not make correct reads. Anyway, not a big deal for us. See where lafayette is supposedly bringing in a bunch of transfers.

laxVik
December 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM
If Cliff Harris can put the 420 pipe down long enough I'd wager he'd be one of the best gets should he (which I think he will) decide to play elsewhere. As in immediately. As in FCS.

Just read he's declaring for NFl draft. Yeah. Good luck with the FA signing.

CFBfan
December 29th, 2011, 10:26 AM

just wondering what that has to do with transfers that have done a visit THIS year?? Don't mean to sound mean here but you seem compelled to share your history on many of your posts???

Dane96
December 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
QB Ryan Smith of Colgate has transferred to Albany. He will sit out 2012 and compete for the 2013 job. He was a Freshman backup at Colgate this year, and a former 1st Team All-Area player out of Guilderland. 6'2 205

Twentysix
December 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I heard the entire University of Minnesota football team is applyling for transfer to NDSU. Something about wanting a shot in the NFL and NDSU being the better program. xlolx

UCABEARS75
December 31st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Congrats to UCA. I know Walker hurt his leg at UA. Hows he doing doing? Will he set out Spring practice? Now days they can really rehab players. Our University of Iowa RB transfer jewel Hampton had ACLs tears on both legs but is good as new after sitting out last spring he ran for over 1000 yards in 2011 and has one more year

He is fine and will go through spring practice.

underdawg
January 2nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
We've had a bunch but I have only identified 6'4" 254 DE Marlandez Harris of University of Indiana, who visited last weekend at SIU.

He's enrolled for spring semester and will participate in Spring practice for the Salukisxthumbsupx

Sly Fox
January 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
DT Jibrille Fewell of Butte CC is enrolling in the spring semester at Liberty after getting a number of FBS offers. He'd the first guy we seem to have landed since the Turner Gill hire.

Doc QB
January 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
just wondering what that has to do with transfers that have done a visit THIS year?? Don't mean to sound mean here but you seem compelled to share your history on many of your posts???

Has nothing to do with this year. My post was a reply to RicH2 about LU transfers and yes, it included my experience. I dont think you sound mean at all, and the reason I am compelled to share my history is that 95% of posts on this board is from fans that have never strapped it up for the team they support. Perspective from the inside, whether today or from twenty years ago, is still very meaningful, and what on occasion I can provide in measured, insightful quantities.

And, my panties are still in a bunch I got squeezed out by a transfer and was not given the chance to compete.

TheRevSFA
January 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
Not a transfer for us..but we lost our backup QB. Dalton Williams from SFA to North Alabama.

BEAR
January 3rd, 2012, 12:02 PM
Not a transfer for us..but we lost our backup QB. Dalton Williams from SFA to North Alabama.

North Alabama...a DII powerhouse..not a bad choice for the kid.

BEAR
January 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
UCA gets two more mid-year transfers. One from the Oklahoma Sooners. 4 star and considered the #7 tight end in the nation!

http://www.247uca.com/2012/01/08/bears-to-add-two-mid-year-additions/

Former Oklahoma tight end Austin Haywood is transferring to UCA.

http://www.247uca.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Haywood-e1326084719302-300x167.jpg

Add to that transfer University of Arkansas QB Jacoby Walker and things look great for next season...now to figure out that Bearkat team. xlolx

underdawg
January 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Bump! One more week for midyear transfers to sign up!

bojeta
January 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone sign any JUCo's (or FBS) transfers yet?

"College of San Mateo defensive lineman Barrett Wangara, 6-2 285lbs, has signed a full athletic scholarship to Cal Poly SLO. Wangara had multiple scholarships offers, including a Big 12 offer earlier this year. But according to the post, “Barrett decided on Cal Poly for its excellence in academics. Barrett will transfer now (classes start on Jan. 4) and will major in Sociology.”

Wangara earned the 2011 CSM “Bulldog Award” for leading by example in the classroom, weight room and football field.

dmksioux
January 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
UND has landed an FBS Transfer at QB.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1146993.html

http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hanson_braden01.html

Looked impressive coming out of High School but never really had the chance at UNC. Hopefully he lives up to his potential in his one year at UND. We also have two solid QB recruits coming in 2012 so hopefully this bridges the gap for next year.

ncbears
January 10th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Northern Colorado got a great one. We transfered in a 4 Star LB from UCF Knights. Leilon Willingham prepped in Co at Mullen high school and when he graduated, many considered him the best defensive player in the entire state. He had offers from Michigan, Oregon,CU, Texas AM, K-State and many more. He went to UCF because his best friend signed there and he liked the coaching staff. He played in every game I believe last season as a true freshman. His position coach got fired at UCF and he wanted to come back home. He will play alongside the best LB in the conference in Clarence Bumpas. Here is his rivals page:http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradoprepreport/football/recruiting/player-Leilon-Willingham-90754

underdawg
January 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Three-star MLB from University of Washington Victor Burnett (5'11" 234) appeared on SIU person search today---94 tackles as senior at Culver City (Calif.), 182 tackles as a junior and 149 tackles as a soph.--2010 played for UW a bit and red-shirted 2011--will have three years at SIU-C Salukis. Visited campus two weeks ago.

TUTigers
January 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Darrell Givens, CB, Rutgers is transferring to Towson. 4* Rivals, originally committed to Penn State:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Darrell-Givens-69425

http://www.scarletknights.com/football/roster/detail.asp?id=4431

asumike83
January 12th, 2012, 09:53 AM
3-star RB Quartterrio Morgan is transferring to ASU from Western Kentucky. He is a kid we offered out of HS who redshirted at WKU and will come in with all 4 years of eligibility.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/QUARTTERIOMORGAN3_10150.JPG
http://rivals.yahoo.com/appalachianstate/football/recruiting/player-Quartterrio-Morgan-108132

underdawg
January 12th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Antonio Banks 5'10" 213 pound running back from University of Indiana just registered at Southern Illinois--eligible for spring practice.

asu3peat
January 12th, 2012, 02:12 PM
An OL player who was a preferred walk-on at Chapel-Hill has transferred in and is already enrolled according to the directory. He's said to be 6'6" 320lbs now. Think he has 3 years of eligibility.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/appalachianstate/football/recruiting/player-Alex-Coulthard-99918

Also a 6'3" 250lb. DL transfer from Air Force is already enrolled. I believe he also has 3 years of eligibility.

Bam
January 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM
VT transfer to EKU:

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/prince_courtney.html

underdawg
January 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Visiting this weekend on SIU Saluki Campus is 5'10" 180 Corner back Louis Covington from Fullerton CC in California.

underdawg
January 14th, 2012, 03:32 PM
University of Iowa running back Mika'il McCall (6' 215) originally from Dolton Thornridge (Chicago) gave verbal. Ran for over 1300 yard in just six games his senior year before getting injured. High game of 283 yards (6.74 ypc, 4 TDs). Ran a 10.7 second 100 meter dash in track.

clenz
January 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
University of Iowa running back Mika'il McCall (6' 215) originally from Dolton Thornridge (Chicago) gave verbal. Ran for over 1300 yard in just six games his senior year before getting injured. High game of 283 yards (6.74 ypc, 4 TDs). Ran a 10.7 second 100 meter dash in track.

McCall rushed 11 times for 69 yards last season, 61 of them coming in the season opener against Tennessee Tech before he broke an ankle. He was suspended after rushing for just four yards Nov. 19 against Purdue.

Sounds like

A. he can't stay healthy
B. He can't stay out of trouble

underdawg
January 15th, 2012, 12:21 PM
xlolx Every FBS transfer has some problem--that's why they transfer (that and PT). Jewel Hampton kept his nose clean and so did Brandon Jacobs too. I suspect big sister Jeneva (top thrower in Valley track) who is a senior at SIU will help keep him in line. Don't worry, I'm sure UNi will pick up a few good transfers--and they'll all have histories too xlolx

clenz
January 15th, 2012, 02:52 PM
The only transfer(s) that have been linked to UNI are from kansas sure to a coaching change, with high school teammates at UNI

underdawg
January 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
The only transfer(s) that have been linked to UNI are from kansas sure to a coaching change, with high school teammates at UNI

I've heard that too. Wasn't there a running back in the bunch?

clenz
January 15th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I've heard that too. Wasn't there a running back in the bunch?

Yeah.

DB/WR Keeston Terry is the one that seems the most likely (nearly 100% from what I've heard) to be headed to UNI. Was a WR in HS, Gil didn't think he could be a WR so he forced him to move to DB, but sees UNI as a place he can play WR...has tweeted something to the tune of "Can't wait to prove doubters wrong, I can play WR"

The RB mentioned was Darrian Miller. He was never "Certain" to be headed to UNI, especially with the load of RB's UNI has right now. However, his name was out there for a reason....but since Weis was hired haven't heard much of him coming to UNI.

clenz
January 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
FWIW

UNI QB Jared Lanpher (HS teammate of Terry from Blue Springs, MO) has reportedly tweeted (his tweets are protected though) that Keeston Terry will be at UNI next year. No word on Terry's twitter though.

No word on Miller yet.

underdawg
January 16th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I like Terry. So you think he'll go back to WR at UNI?

clenz
January 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I like Terry. So you think he'll go back to WR at UNI?
I really think so. He wants to play WR and has said so very publicly, including tweet such as "I feel like alot of ppl don't think I can be that wr I was in hs on the college level #justgivemeanopportunity" and "The more hate that accumulates puts an XL bag of Chips on my shoulder" talking about the recent hate from Kansas fans about him leaving.

However, last night someone asked him where he was going and he tweeted "I have a few options right now but imma be patient and just see if any new options pop up", so that doesn't sound like he is 100% yet

THE HERD
January 18th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I heard the entire University of Minnesota football team is applyling for transfer to NDSU. Something about wanting a shot in the NFL and NDSU being the better program. xlolx

Most of them wouldn't make the team.

eaglessoar20021
January 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Most transfers never pan out or meet our exspectations. You got to figure these kids that sign with your big time programs think they are going to walk in and be big kid on the block as they were in high school. Well, they soon relize that the team is full of high school stars. When they don't get the playing time or attention they are use to they pack up and transfer.

major095
January 18th, 2012, 11:21 PM
darren daniel, qb, stanford to bama state via itwamba jc. he reshirted at stanford and was moved to wr. didn't like it so went juco and now in montgomery. 3 years to play.

Cocky
January 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I hope he is talented because safeties are plentiful at JSU. We need Linemen!!!

Arkansas safety Darrell Smith is transferring to Jacksonville State where he will be immediately eligible to play in the 2012 season.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, citing a JSU spokesperson, reported Friday that Smith has not yet enrolled at Jacksonville State, but will do so and have two years of eligibility remaining. He’ll play for former Arkansas coach Jack Crowe. The Gamecocks open next season against the Razorbacks.

Smith played each of the past two seasons, but did so sparingly, with just six tackles this season. He has played in a total of 16 games – eight each season – and did not play in the final regular season game against LSU nor in the Cotton Bowl against Kansas State.

The Razorbacks are thin at the safety position and Smith would have been in competition for a starting job. However, he has chosen instead to move on and play in Jacksonville, Ala. Because it is an FCS program, Smith can play right away.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-01-20/arkansas-safety-darrell-smith-transfers-to-jacksonville-state#ixzz1k2s9CE1

underdawg
January 21st, 2012, 10:53 AM
Visiting this week end: RB Latavious Willis , 5'8" 180 pound RB from Highland CC (4.3 forty) and Dada Richards 6'3" 310 OL from Diablo Valley CC (California)

Willis will probably be a return specialist and Richards a OG

BEAR
January 21st, 2012, 12:20 PM
I hope he is talented because safeties are plentiful at JSU. We need Linemen!!!

Arkansas safety Darrell Smith is transferring to Jacksonville State where he will be immediately eligible to play in the 2012 season.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, citing a JSU spokesperson, reported Friday that Smith has not yet enrolled at Jacksonville State, but will do so and have two years of eligibility remaining. He’ll play for former Arkansas coach Jack Crowe. The Gamecocks open next season against the Razorbacks.

Smith played each of the past two seasons, but did so sparingly, with just six tackles this season. He has played in a total of 16 games – eight each season – and did not play in the final regular season game against LSU nor in the Cotton Bowl against Kansas State.

The Razorbacks are thin at the safety position and Smith would have been in competition for a starting job. However, he has chosen instead to move on and play in Jacksonville, Ala. Because it is an FCS program, Smith can play right away.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-01-20/arkansas-safety-darrell-smith-transfers-to-jacksonville-state#ixzz1k2s9CE1

Let me give you a before and after about what the Arkansas media was saying about him:

Before: He's gonna be the next first round draft pick for Arkansas. Kid is amazing! Phenom in junior high! Amazing!
After leaving: Horrible player that couldn't cut it. over-rated. etc...

You get the picture? UCA gets several uaf transfers and they are world beaters when they are recruited at uaf but when THEY decide to transfer they suddenly become trash. Shame. Nathan Dick worked out great for us.

Casey_Orourke
January 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Portland State is getting Ellis Henderson from Hawaii and DJ Adams from Maryland

seantaylor
January 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Transfers are almost always bad. Bad schools think we got a guy that didnt get off the bench at Kent State. Scrubs. With our previous sorry coach Hatcher we had to deal with this. Guy couldn't recruit high school guys, and especially guys that didn't sound like Forest Gump.

Cocky
January 22nd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Arkansas safety Darell Smith may not becoming to JSU. Hearing rumors he can not qualify for admittance to JSU.
Clemson safety Desmond Brown has transferred to JSU along with TE Gavin Ellis.

SU DOG
January 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Can NOT qualify for admittance to JSU??? xrolleyesx

Cocky
January 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
May have to go to Samford????

UCABEARS75
January 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
As far as getting what was needed, we hit 3 out of 4 on mid-year transfers. We needed a QB to hopefully replace all-American (got well regarded transfer from Arkansas). Needed a play maker at TE and got highly regarded transfer from OU. Needed speed at running back and got one semester delayed freshman RB who was fastest guy in Arkansas HS as JR.

Only thing we could have really used would be a big time middle LB to replace graduating SR.

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Former #1 Georgia WR Mike Bowman may transfer in from Alabama. He is from the Chattanooga area. Was suspended for most of Alabama's season after considering a transfer to the mocs last year.

ktuck911
January 24th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good stuff guys.. Anybody know where UCONN MLB Jerome Williams transferred to?

bluehenbillk
January 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Delaware should announce 2 DL transfers from Maryland once spring semester starts. One, David Mackall is a game changer in the CAA - former 4 star recruit, along with DT Zac Kerr. Both players were sighted at UD's hoops game last night.

Bam
January 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Rumours in EKU land of transfers from Miami OH, VA Tech & Kansas this semester.

clenz
January 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Is Kansas going to be able to field a team.

The way Wiess is "cleaning house" is nuts.

What's funny is all the people leaving the program are being billed as "dismissed from the team" by fat charlie, yet all of them were rumored as "out the door" before fat charlie was hired.

Bam
February 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
EKU gets NINE mid yr additions!!

ktuck911
February 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM

Kinda hard to tell what school you represent fam.. with "clenz" response below yours I take it u r with Northern Iowa?

slostang
February 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cal Poly signed Wisconsin DL Jake Irwin (6'5" 275). He will be a redshirt sophomore. The also signed College of San Mateo DL Barrett Wangara (6'2" 285) and S Alex Hubbard (5'9" 185). Lastly they signed Laney JC DE Omar Omilabu (6'2" 235).

Cal Poly was in need of immediate need on the D-line after graduating 6 that were in the rotation last season. They signed 3 transfers and 4 from high school. I think they did a great job addressing that need.

SU DOG
February 7th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Samford signed Andy Summerlin a transfer from Memphis. He is certainly big enough at 6-5, 225lbs. The former Rivals 3-star QB's stiffest competition will probably be from another Rivals 3-star Bulldog QB in Trett Hardman, 6-4, 233lb RS-Fr. Summerlin is talented, but to be honest, he has been somewhat of an injury-prone journeyman.

underdawg
February 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Kinda hard to tell what school you represent fam.. with "clenz" response below yours I take it u r with Northern Iowa?

NO, No--they are cats not Dawgs--I'm from SIU-C Southern Illinois University--the Saluki Dawgs.

clenz
April 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Word is that KU running back Darrian Miller (the number 1 rated RB in his HS class in MO) has enrolled for classes at UNI this fall.

UNI is LOADED in the backfield now.

rSr - Carlos Anderson (started as a SO and JR, significant PT as a freshman). Been an all-conference caliber RB, and All Conference return man. Fastest man in the MVC/MVFC.

rSo - David Johnson - best back on the team last year as a freshman. Jerry Rice finalist last year, NCOY in the conference.

So - Darrian Miller - number 1 rated player in state of MO his SR year. Offers from pretty much every B12 school. Ran for 3000 yards his sr year of HS. Averaged over 4 ypc (600 yards and 4td) as a true frosh at Kansas last year. Has a redshirt likely won't use it though because he appears to not need too....Same HS as Carlos Anderson and possible starting QB Jared Lanpher.

rJr - Zach Cutkomp - likey to be burried this year. Started last year as the #2 but with the emergence of DJ he got burried. Very fast and great talent. Good average last year.

rFr - Austin Ebertowski - fastest male in the state of iowa his jr and sr year of HS (shown by the state track titles). Had offers from KU, KSU, and I think Iowa State out of HS but picked UNI. Averaged over 13ypc his senior year in HS, rushed for 451 yards in a single game, the second-highest single-game performance in Iowa high school football history. 6' 205lb, built like a tank...but fast. He may be moved to the secondary.

It's going to be nuts trying to get everyone carries.

This makes me wonder if Keeston Terry (again same HS as Darrian Miller, Carlos Anderson, and Jared Lanpher) will show up at UNI in the fall as well..