PDA

View Full Version : ODU Has one TOOL of a coach!

bleedingblue
December 3rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Enough said!

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
So does Villanova, but what's your point..?

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Look, sometimes you just want to complain cryptically.

bleedingblue
December 3rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
My point is ODU has one TOOL of a coach! I thought that was pretty clear!

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM

Dude, he's a good guy. You won the game, doesn't the gloating end there? PS, you can exhale now... ;)

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:20 PM

Villanova's coach is a bigger tool (so there) xslapfightx

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah, my coach could beat up your coach!

Bandwagon fans. Every team gets 'em.

HailSzczur
December 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
Villanova's coach is a bigger tool (so there) xslapfightx

May I ask what you have against Andy, Cleets? I know this isn't really what the threads about, but I'm just not used to him coming up that often, and not in a negative light for sure.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 10:18 PM
May I ask what you have against Andy, Cleets? I know this isn't really what the threads about, but I'm just not used to him coming up that often, and not in a negative light for sure.

Probably because 'Nova has kicked their *ss the last couple of years.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Tally was one of the original "The big sky is a weak conference" guys...
and after he got beat by James Madison (a few years ago) he said that JMU would easily beat Montana the next week - why a coach who's been eliminate would feel the need to disparage another program is alarming...
Especially since Montana went to JMU and won that game (on the road against a team then just beat his team)

Andy Tally is a loud mouthed JERK and a bit of a spoiled brat...

his press conferences were quoted (too many) times during the Villanova run a few years ago - and most of the quotes were nothing that should come out of a coaches mouth
Villanova should be embarrassed for him

sgt smash
December 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Can someone fill me in what ODU's coach did?

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Can someone fill me in what ODU's coach did?

I have a guess: It's got to be post game press conference stuff

HailSzczur
December 3rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
and after he got beat by James Madison (a few years ago) he said that JMU would easily beat Montana the next week - why a coach who's been eliminate would feel the need to disparage another program is alarming...
Especially since Montana went to JMU and won that game (on the road against a team then just beat his team)

his press conferences were quoted (too many) times during the Villanova run a few years ago - and most of the quotes were nothing that should come out of a coaches mouth

I was unaware of these quotes actually until you brought this up. With a little bit of searching and digging around I found the threads and I can see where you would get that opinion of him from. Can't say I'm 100% behind all those, but I also look at what he's done for the program on and off the field as well as his Bone Marrow Foundation work. I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

As far as Wilder, anyone have a link/quotes/video from his postgame interview? I'm not finding much that really fits this description

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I was unaware of these quotes actually until you brought this up. With a little bit of searching and digging around I found the threads and I can see where you would get that opinion of him from. Can't say I'm 100% behind all those, but I also look at what he's done for the program on and off the field as well as his Bone Marrow Foundation work. I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

As far as Wilder, anyone have a link/quotes/video from his postgame interview? I'm not finding much that really fits this description

My opinion should have no effect on your opinion :D

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'm guessing that Wilder wasn't "overwhelmed" and didn't kiss their *ss.

HailSzczur
December 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
My opinion should have no effect on your opinion :D

Oh don't worry it doesn't :D
But thanks for making me more informed.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Oh don't worry it doesn't :D
But thanks for making me more informed.

We're going to get along just fine my friend..!!!

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Regardless of what Wilder said, he backed it up today. Ga Southern had their hands full for 4 quarters with a 3-year old program with a prodigy kid quarterback. I would imagine the Ga Southern fans would acknowledge they underestimated ODU, and accept the victory with grace. I don't have a dog in this fight, and have a huge amount of respect for Ga Southern. I expect them to win it all, and this game was closer than I ever imagined.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Regardless of what Wilder said, he backed it up today. Ga Southern had their hands full for 4 quarters with a 3-year old program with a prodigy kid quarterback. I would imagine the Ga Southern fans would acknowledge they underestimated ODU, and accept the victory with grace. I don't have a dog in this fight, and have a huge amount of respect for Ga Southern. I expect them to win it all, and this game was closer than I ever imagined.

+1

eaglewraith
December 3rd, 2011, 11:09 PM

No doubt ODU was good. I was worried that it would be a shootout because an uptempo, short slant passing attack is kryptonite to most defenses out there. The refs did insert themselves into the game a little bit, and almost incited a riot, but we got the stops we needed to make. They couldn't stop us. ODU was also 50% on 3rd down, that won't help either.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
No doubt ODU was good. I was worried that it would be a shootout because an uptempo, short slant passing attack is kryptonite to most defenses out there. The refs did insert themselves into the game a little bit, and almost incited a riot, but we got the stops we needed to make. They couldn't stop us. ODU was also 50% on 3rd down, that won't help either.

Riot? I saw a video on youtube of a high school game where the players stormed the field and beat up the refs. I wouldn't put Ga Southern players or fans in that category, would you?

molly
December 3rd, 2011, 11:14 PM
I don't know, but this might be about Wilder's behavior at the end of the game. He had a tantrum when the officials correctly ruled that ODU touched the ball before it went 10 yards on the onside kick. It was the second time that his players failed to even give themselves a chance to legally recover the kick by touching the ball early, so he took out his frustration on the officials. He had to be restrained and was penalized for his antics. Then he called a timeout so he could yell at the officials some more. Then GSU took a knee and the game was over.

eaglewraith
December 3rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
Riot? I saw a video on youtube of a high school game where the players stormed the field and beat up the refs. I wouldn't put Ga Southern players or fans in that category, would you?

If there'd been any more BS Pass Interference calls to extend their drives you just might have seen it. I about had an aneurysm in the stands.

eaglewraith
December 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
I don't know, but this might be about Wilder's behavior at the end of the game. He had a tantrum when the officials correctly ruled that ODU touched the ball before it went 10 yards on the onside kick. It was the second time that his players failed to even give themselves a chance to legally recover the kick by touching the ball early, so he took out his frustration on the officials. He had to be restrained and was penalized for his antics. Then he called a timeout so he could yell at the officials some more. Then GSU took a knee and the game was over.

Really surprised he didn't get ejected. A friend watching the game at home said he was saying some pretty bad things to the refs. When you can read his lips on tv, that's not good.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM

Yeah, I was confused also. I didn't know it was the point the ball was touched, even IN THE AIR. I thought it was where the player came down. If it was the point the player came down, it was 10+ yards. But they measure to the point the ball is touched, right? Hey, it's a young program, even I say give him some slack for not knowing the rule book like the back of his hand.

eaglewraith
December 3rd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I was confused also. I didn't know it was the point the ball was touched, even IN THE AIR. I thought it was where the player came down. If it was the point the player came down, it was 10+ yards. But they measure to the point the ball is touched, right? Hey, it's a young program, even I say give him some slack for not knowing the rule book like the back of his hand.

Illegal touching is where the ball is touched. It has to TRAVEL 10 yards before it can be touched by the kicking team. Ball was spotted at the 39...it had not gone the required 10 yards.

chevy8050
December 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
If there'd been any more BS Pass Interference calls to extend their drives you just might have seen it. I about had an aneurysm in the stands.

I saw that drive with the two PI calls - the first one was a bad call. The ball was under thrown and both the receiver and defender had run past where the ball was thrown to. The second call on that drive though was correct. The defender pulled the receivers arm prior to the ball getting there.

TwoFeathers
December 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Really surprised he didn't get ejected. A friend watching the game at home said he was saying some pretty bad things to the refs. When you can read his lips on tv, that's not good.

Yeah, I thought he actually pushed one or two of the refs. It was like they had to restrain him. Gotta admit, that onside attempt was close and would have potentially changed the outcome.

molly
December 3rd, 2011, 11:29 PM

1) None of that excuses or justifies his behavior. As the announcers said, his team played too hard and too well for him to act that way at the end.
2) Wilder isn't new to coaching. He definitely should know that rule, especially since it was probably explained to him after the first kick.
3) If they really didn't know that rule, that's a major failure in coaching. I don't know how you can correctly practice or teach onside kicks if you don't know that the ball has to go 10 yards before you can touch it.

Monarch Nation
December 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Enough said!

I thought you guys were pretty classy until I read some of the comments about Wilder on your board. I put that down to immature posting on a team board and let it go at that, but now you are whining here?

Do you not realize that you won the game? Can't you be happy with that?

Sheesh.

soweagle
December 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
I saw that drive with the two PI calls - the first one was a bad call. The ball was under thrown and both the receiver and defender had run past where the ball was thrown to. The second call on that drive though was correct. The defender pulled the receivers arm prior to the ball getting there.

I agree Chevy, first call was bad but second looked like PI to me, a weak Pi but still enough to throw a flag. I saw it live so I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was correct or not. Of course if the first had not been called we never would have had the 2nd considering it was 4th down.

Regarding Wilder, I had no problem with his antics at the end of the game. Although he was completely wrong and the call was correct, I saw a coach fighting for his team. I thought some of his comments this past week were rather dumb and bullentin board material for GSU and he seemed a little too cocky for my taste but nothing too bad. I did here today that he failed to show up last night and this morning for some sort of meeting for both coaches. Not sure what kind of meeting it was or if even true, just passing along what I heard in the stands today.

Blueandwhitefightfight
December 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I thought you guys were pretty classy until I read some of the comments about Wilder on your board. I put that down to immature posting on a team board and let it go at that, but now you are whining here?

Sheesh.

Don't let a few message board posters ruin your opinion of an entire fan base. I think that you will find that we are gracious hosts who do indeed keep it classy with a few exceptions. Very few teams have fan bases that are comprised of mostly a**holes.

I for one am not going to let the action of the ODU coach change my opinion of ODU. I have known a few people who went to ODU and they are quality folks. Just because the coach went borderline maniacal at the end of a game that they were not supposed to win but kept it THAT close, I refuse to judge the entire university.

If you would like to meet some normal GSU fans, PM me next time that you're in Statesboro and we will gladly show you how most of us do it. That is, if you like beautiful Southern sorority belles, cold beer, beer pong, good food, whiskey, cigars, and a damn good time. If not, we can hold a clinic and teach you.

I for one apologize for the original poster. I was hoping that nobody would have the temporary lack of judgement to bring up another team's coach on here. Sorry about that ladies and gentlemen.

Baldy
December 4th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Sheesh.

Sorry, I have tons of respect for your young program, and your team played lights out today. xsalutex

BUT, your coach is a total d-bag, sorry.

Monarch Nation
December 4th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry, I have tons of respect for your young program, and your team played lights out today. xsalutex

BUT, your coach is a total d-bag, sorry.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Baldy, but remember you are basing it on partison reading of an interview and three hours watching him on the sidelines. My opinion is partison as well, but is based over four years (he was hired in 2007) of watching him in our community.

Good luck next week.

SideLine Shooter
December 4th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Dude, he's a good guy. You won the game, doesn't the gloating end there? PS, you can exhale now... ;)

Man, you're dealing with GSU. You had to get a refresher course I guess.

Boots
December 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Maybe if the ODU coach had actually showed up to the required NCAA pregame meeting the day prior with the officials and NCAA reps, he might have known the rules a little better. So, who will pay his fine from the NCAA? The school?

Baldy
December 4th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Man, you're dealing with GSU. You had to get a refresher course I guess.
Enoy the game from the comfort of your couch. xlolx

DJnva
December 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
He did know the rule. He said that he thought it went 10 yards.

I mean, some of you act like you've never seen a coach get upset before. Was it a bit much? Maybe. However his banged up 3rd year team was hanging with the royalty of FCS football in their home. When his last chance was snuffed out, he was upset, because he thought the officials were wrong.

I know I'm a homer here, but you're basing this on his misstatement in an interview about GSU not winning a title in 20 years (in multiple other interviews he mentioned how they had 6 titles, etc.) and his being upset when his team's last chance died. I think, after the season ends, if you spend some time reading some more quotes from him, you'll see he's extremely complimentary of the other programs and not given to displays like that. It was a emotional game and he overreacted. That doesn't seem like it should outweigh everything else.

Either way, good luck next week hope to get you guys again sometime.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM
This all started when he didn't do his homework... if you're going to TALK about another program you probably need to have the facts lined up

(Andy Tally included... he's the master at this kind of buffoonery)

SpiritCymbal
December 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'll echo a lot of GSU posters sentiments and agree that the coach is a total d-bag and giant tool. ODU's fans, players and the institution itself deserves better than that POS. It's a shame that a great game and great effort by his team was overshaddowed by that cry-baby assclown.

And to throw his own players under the bus during the post-game interview is just plain wrong. To blame it on the players lack of execution and injuries instead of hiking up the big-boy pants and just admitting that he got out coached is a discredit to some DAMN FINE football players at ODU.

Longhorn
December 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM

Oh, so Andy hurt your feelings. Awwwwww. Bad Andy. xlolx

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Oh, so Andy hurt your feelings. Awwwwww. Bad Andy. xlolx

Yeah... something like that :D

seantaylor
December 5th, 2011, 02:17 AM
The officials should all be banned from doing any more games. The missed Showers TD call is unforgivable as an official. I know we scored the next play, but that call should NEVER be missed. The other call that was just unfathomable was the spot a ref gave ODU in the first or second quarter going in to GSU territory. The ball was a good 2 yards from the first down marker, and the linesman was less than a 5 feet from the ball because the runner was basically on the sideline. A very clear grounding wasn't called. And the PI on the fake punt was atrocious, but at best, the 4th worst incorrect call.

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 04:16 AM
As a Ga. Southern fan the ODU team reminded me of our 1985 National Championship Team and that is the highest honor I can give them.

In fact, I believe ODU would have won the National Championship if they had won the game!

The ODU team with the exception of their head coach who seemed to disrespect our team and tradition before the game - call it what you want but his comments did affect my opinion of him even if he made them to keep his team from being intimidated by the 6 National Championship Flags that fly proudly over Paulson Stadium - and the ODU fans were great!

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Playoff Record 42 & 11
6 National Championships

henfan
December 5th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Speaking of tools, hopefully Wilder gave Monken a lesson in how to man-up and shake the opposing coach's hand after you lose a playoff game.xshakefistx

SouthernMan
December 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Speaking of tools, hopefully Wilder gave Monken a lesson in how to man-up and shake the opposing coach's hand after you lose a playoff game.xshakefistx

Good thing Monken does not have to worry about doing such a thing this year. I wonder if ole horse face keeler is getting all of his Christmas shopping done with all the extra time on his hands.

Blue Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 11:28 AM

If that happened I am sure Coach Monken had a very good reason!

Speaking of how to "man-up" what happened to the Blue Hens?

Ga. Southern fans were looking forward to y'all coming to Statesboro (Home of "The Statesboro Blues"). Which is what most teams feel after playing the Eagles in Paulson Stadium which is located in the Coach Erk Russell Athletic Complex near "Beautiful Eagle Creek".

Actually we prefer for the Blue Hens to visit in September when the weather is nice & warm. Unlike the freezing, snowing, icing weather y'all provide us when we visit in December.

I guess it is just a Southern thing to be good hosts - "Southern Hospitality" you know. We just want to make the Blue Hens visit as pleasant as possible considering what they have to face while they are visiting.

If Coach Monken did not shake your coach's hand the reason is obvious your coach must not have been a good host - "Northern Hospitality" you know!

Hope to see the Blue Hens visit next year in December if they are unable to visit in September. Even though the weather is a little cooler in December it is still very nice!

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Playoff Record 42 & 11
6 National Championships

TheDancinMonarch
December 5th, 2011, 11:48 AM
To get the job done and get it done right you need the proper tools. ODU has theirs and have extended his contract.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/12/coach-bobby-wilder-odu-agree-10year-deal

henfan
December 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Lighten up there, Eagle fans. You guys take yourselves way too seriously. In fairness, Monken did punk out last Dec. but he was understandably pxssed that his team got skunked. Still, you've got to shake the opposing coach's hand. That was a d'bag move but forgivable.

I've actually been to Statesboro to see a UD-GSU football game. It's a fine enough place to see a game. The fans were generally terrific. Too bad UD brought one of its worst teams in its history.

Good luck against UMaine. The Eagles can't put the ball on the ground and expect to win against that team.

Grizzaholic
December 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah... something like that :D

But he has nothing on MM. He is one of a kind. He could die tomorrow and no one would give a ****. **** THAT GUY and his ****ing little whiney kid. Flame me if you wish, but that guy has ZERO class and will never get any respect or a nice word from me.

blukeys
December 5th, 2011, 01:10 PM
But he has nothing on MM. He is one of a kind. He could die tomorrow and no one would give a ****. **** THAT GUY and his ****ing little whiney kid. Flame me if you wish, but that guy has ZERO class and will never get any respect or a nice word from me.

I hope you are not expecting a kind word from any CAA fans regarding MM. We get to watch MM every week. Between his fat *** and his cap throwing tantrums we have seen it all.

cannonballgsu
December 5th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Monken did shake Keeler's hand.

Grizzaholic
December 5th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I hope you are not expecting a kind word from any CAA fans regarding MM. We get to watch MM every week. Between his fat *** and his cap throwing tantrums we have seen it all.

Nope. Wasn't expecting any from anyone. He is worse than Hitler.

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
The antics at the end of the game made me laugh. I was sitting at the far 30yd line and it was EASY to tell that ODU touched the ball early. Wilder was standing looking right down the line and FLIPPED OUT.

I can understand him being bummed or upset to be in the game and have it come to a halt like that, but the way he charged out into the field throwing his gear all over the place was over the top. People had to get between him and the refs, he was so upset he looked like he might throw a punch. Then to top it all off, even though it was time for the victory formation, he insisted on taking a time out so he could complain some more. Looking at the ESPN3 replay it's easy to read his lips, standing there with his arms folded. "I want my time out." You can't see what the ref is saying but I'm sure it's something to the effect "games over coach, there's only seconds left and you can't get the ball back." He just repeats, "I want my time out" with that petulant look on his face.

Yank
December 5th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Lighten up there, Eagle fans. You guys take yourselves way too seriously. In fairness, Monken did punk out last Dec. but he was understandably pxssed that his team got skunked. Still, you've got to shake the opposing coach's hand. That was a d'bag move but forgivable.

It's true Monken doesn't have too much experience shaking hands with a coach that beat him. However, the situation last year probably had more to do with Keeler's behavior during the pre-game meeting than the final score. Apparently Keeler was complaining to Monken during the meeting that his daughter was going to be in Europe at the time of the national championship game and wouldn't get to see her daddy win the championship.

I understand that ODU's Wilder just got a contract extension. I imagine they will have to subtract from the contract his NCAA fine for refusing to attend the required pre-game meeting in Statesboro with NCAA and game personnel.

Where did all of these CAA coaches get the idea that they invented football.

Ivytalk
December 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
It's true Monken doesn't have too much experience shaking hands with a coach that beat him. However, the situation last year probably had more to do with Keeler's behavior during the pre-game meeting than the final score. Apparently Keeler was complaining to Monken during the meeting that his daughter was going to be in Europe at the time of the national championship game and wouldn't get to see her daddy win the championship.

I understand that ODU's Wilder just got a contract extension. I imagine they will have to subtract from the contract his NCAA fine for refusing to attend the required pre-game meeting in Statesboro with NCAA and game personnel.

Where did all of these CAA coaches get the idea that they invented football.

They have prima donnas at every level.

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM

Monken most definitely shook Keelers hand. He just didn't hang around and chit chat at mid-field. He's not required to blow in his ear and give him some tongue.

State Line Liquors
December 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
We've seen it all by now at UD.

The Farley video tape shenanigans aren't new to UD fans. Keeler didn't ask for Southern Illinois tape nicely enough after we took the Panthers' soul in the UNI-dump in 2007.

Monken got very ****y during his handshake after we bounced the Jay-boy and company last year. It was actually quite similar to Rob Ambrose's antics.

Mickey Mathews apparently was ready to completely call off the handshake last year since his kids couldn't take being beaten and lost their sportsmanship when we beat them in '10.

After the UD game this year, Wilder felt it incumbent to share that they were the better team.

Keeler's got his own critics.

They all have egos and say and do dumb ****. Nothing new.

Eagle22
December 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM

I've actually been to Statesboro to see a UD-GSU football game. It's a fine enough place to see a game. The fans were generally terrific. Too bad UD brought one of its worst teams in its history.

Good luck against UMaine. The Eagles can't put the ball on the ground and expect to win against that team.

He shook his hand. I got the photo shot to prove it.

Might have been brief, but certainly wasn't a "d'bag move".

Are you suggesting Keeler was due a warm embrace ?

Please.

CC Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Are you suggesting Keeler was due a warm embrace ?

Keeler looks like he might enjoy that a little too much. I don't blame anyone for getting away from him ASAP.

Dude looks like he has a windowless van as a second vehicle.

blukeys
December 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Nope. Wasn't expecting any from anyone. He is worse than Hitler.

Much worse than Hitler. He was a coach at Marshall. ;)xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Srdnaty
December 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'd guess Wilder and Cosgrove will spend a lot of time on the phone this week. The imagine the UMaine alum (Wilder) will have some extra motivation to try to help us in any way possible.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Monken shook Keeler's hand, but I'm sure was pissed that we handed (literally on one play) the game to an inferior team. William & Mary was a better team than UD and we laid an egg at the Tub. I've had nothing but good things to say about ODU, but I'd agree that Wilder just has one of those arrogant personalities. He sounds like us on a message board talking about statistics and officials and injuries as excuses for losing.

I've read several times about ODU's "banged-up" defense, as if that's why they gave up 55 points. We also have a "banged-up" defense, but most have said we gave up 48 points because ODU, especially Heinike, is good. See the difference? He's an asshole, so what? Heinicke is the real deal. I look forward to playing them again next year.

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I'd guess Wilder and Cosgrove will spend a lot of time on the phone this week. The imagine the UMaine alum (Wilder) will have some extra motivation to try to help us in any way possible.

GSU fans can only hope that Cosgrove goes to Wilder for "advice". Unless Cosgrove plans on doing the exact opposite of what Wilder tells him to do. GSU didn't attempt a single punt, didn't go on 4th down at all and only had 9 3rd down attempts. One of the weirdest games I've ever seen.

seantaylor
December 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Wilder is a scum bag. That onside kick wasn't even close, and all of the land saw it on replay a hundred times. What good does making a fool of yourself there do? Refs aren't going to change the call, even incompetent ones as was there.

Monarch Nation
December 6th, 2011, 06:06 AM
You GSU guys whine like little girls. Seven pages on a thread about a coach from a team you beat.

I can't begin to imagine the crying and bellyaching you would do if you had lost the game.

SideLine Shooter
December 6th, 2011, 07:09 AM
You GSU guys whine like little girls. Seven pages on a thread about a coach from a team you beat.

I can't begin to imagine the crying and bellyaching you would do if you had lost the game.

Now you know what we have to deal with constantly. It never ends.

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2011, 07:30 AM

Pot meet kettle.

Eaglesrus
December 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM

Man, the burdens you bear; how do you make it through the day?

Wildcat80
December 6th, 2011, 07:56 AM
ODU just extended his contract. They must like tool time!

henfan
December 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Monken shook Keeler's hand, but I'm sure was pissed that we handed (literally on one play) the game to an inferior team. .

Still making excuses a year after the fact.xcrazyx Only the most delusional homer would think his was the better team when it gets skunked by 3 scores (17 points.) Your offense saw the end zone a grand total of one time.

I was there and witnessed Monken barely touch Keeler's hand and then run off like a pxss. Again, only a delusional homer would call that a handshake. At least Sewak and PJ knew how to lose with dignity in Newark.

eaglewraith
December 6th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Still making excuses a year after the fact.xcrazyx Only the most delusional homer would think his was the better team when it gets skunked by 3 scores (17 points.) Your offense saw the end zone a grand total of one time.

I was there and witnessed Monken barely touch Keeler's hand and then run off like a pxss. Again, only a delusional homer would call that a handshake. At least Sewak and PJ knew how to lose with dignity in Newark.

So it's gone from no handshake to a "barely" handshake. Yea you're real credible.

gsu6trophies
December 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Listen man. Although you have a negative opinion of Monken, I'm still going to wish your team good luck in their game next week.

gsu6trophies
December 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?100737-Georgia-Southern-is-ESPN-Page-2-s-quot-Cupcake-of-the-Week-quot&p=1728314&highlight=#post1728314

Here you go pot.

SideLine Shooter
December 6th, 2011, 09:11 AM

Haven't you learned yet? They never lose to a superior team, it's always the officials fault.

GaSouthern
December 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Haven't you learned yet? They never lose to a superior team, it's always the officials fault.

I've never blamed the officials for the Del loss last season, they were worlds better than what GSU and ODU saw this weekend. Our turnovers killed any shot we had, end of story.

eaglesrthe1
December 6th, 2011, 09:50 AM

No whining from me! I was LMAO, and Wilder was the butt of the joke.

Reminded me of Bobby Lamb kicking trash cans over.

eaglesrthe1
December 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM

Come on now... I'm sure that Monken was quite gracious in defeat. Probably said something along the lines of "Great game, kick your *** next year."

As TheFan would say..... OOPS!

The Eagle's Cliff
December 6th, 2011, 10:29 AM

I don't think I made excuses. Stated a fact - William & Mary was a better team than UD. GSU literally handed the game to UD and UD won the game. GSU fumbled on the UD 1, 18, and 30 and Jaybo handed the ball to Chris Morales on the GSU 22. I think it's pretty clear GSU stopped themselves at least 3 times.

Good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs, though.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM

I don't think I made excuses. Stated a fact - William & Mary was a better team than UD. GSU literally handed the game to UD and UD won the game. GSU fumbled on the UD 1, 18, and 30 and Jaybo handed the ball to Chris Morales on the GSU 22. I think it's pretty clear GSU stopped themselves at least 3 times.

Good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs, though.

TwoFeathers
December 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Monken shook Keeler's hand, but I'm sure was pissed that we handed (literally on one play) the game to an inferior team. William & Mary was a better team than UD and we laid an egg at the Tub. I've had nothing but good things to say about ODU, but I'd agree that Wilder just has one of those arrogant personalities. He sounds like us on a message board talking about statistics and officials and injuries as excuses for losing.

I've read several times about ODU's "banged-up" defense, as if that's why they gave up 55 points. We also have a "banged-up" defense, but most have said we gave up 48 points because ODU, especially Heinike, is good. See the difference? He's an asshole, so what? Heinicke is the real deal. I look forward to playing them again next year.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but most folks say that Wilder is a good guy, and obviously a good coach. Never met the guy personally, but can you really fault the guy for getting emotional, and letting his nerves get the better of him? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Understood that rivalries and competitiveness make us dislike the coaches as 'symbols' of their teams, but doesn't make them bad people. Just saying...

TwoFeathers
December 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
The antics at the end of the game made me laugh. I was sitting at the far 30yd line and it was EASY to tell that ODU touched the ball early. Wilder was standing looking right down the line and FLIPPED OUT.

I can understand him being bummed or upset to be in the game and have it come to a halt like that, but the way he charged out into the field throwing his gear all over the place was over the top. People had to get between him and the refs, he was so upset he looked like he might throw a punch. Then to top it all off, even though it was time for the victory formation, he insisted on taking a time out so he could complain some more. Looking at the ESPN3 replay it's easy to read his lips, standing there with his arms folded. "I want my time out." You can't see what the ref is saying but I'm sure it's something to the effect "games over coach, there's only seconds left and you can't get the ball back." He just repeats, "I want my time out" with that petulant look on his face.

He made a mistake... he thought it was where the ODU player landed, which was clearly past 10 yards. He was wrong.

TwoFeathers
December 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM

We know, we know... GSU never loses unless they turn the ball over themselves... ;)

henfan
December 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
William & Mary was a better team than UD. GSU literally handed the game to UD and UD won the game. GSU fumbled on the UD 1, 18, and 30 and Jaybo handed the ball to Chris Morales on the GSU 22. I think it's pretty clear GSU stopped themselves at least 3 times.

Man, you're a sorer loser than your coach.

W&M may have been a better team the day they played UD in '10 but GSU far and away clearly was not. A better team doesn't lose by 3 scores. At least the Tribe did hold on to beat the Hens on their home field, when our kicker missed a field goal in the last minute of play. The Tribe gave up a 100 yds. more to the Eags than did UD and the Hens put up 100 yds. more on the Eags than did W&M.

GSU's fumbles were the hallmark of a team that just wasn't as capable or, yes, as good as its opposition. UD's defenders, being in position to make plays, beating their men to the ball, had more than a little to do with the turnovers.

I've got a seat waiting for you here in Crapsville. See you Saturday.xbeerchugx

gsu6trophies
December 6th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Man, you're a sorer loser than your coach.

W&M may have been a better team the day they played UD in '10 but GSU far and away clearly was not. A better team doesn't lose by 3 scores. At least the Tribe did hold on to beat the Hens on their home field, when our kicker missed a field goal in the last minute of play. The Tribe gave up a 100 yds. more to the Eags than did UD and the Hens put up 100 yds. more on the Eags than did W&M.

GSU's fumbles were the hallmark of a team that just wasn't as capable or, yes, as good as its opposition. UD's defenders, being in position to make plays, beating their men to the ball, had more than a little to do with the turnovers.

I've got a seat waiting for you here in Crapsville. See you Saturday.xbeerchugx

Again, best of luck next week

The Eagle's Cliff
December 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Again, best of luck next week

What he said^^^^^^^xlolx

henfan
December 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Looks like I'll have to reserve two seats at the Crapsville Bar for my GSU friends for Saturday at, say, 4:00-ish. You guys seem bitter, so I got ya covered with a couple of Dogfish Head 120 Min. IPA's. First round is always one me.

PonteVedraEagle
December 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Has the Big East not shown interest you guys and UMass. I don't get their move for western US schools....

Blue Eagle
December 6th, 2011, 09:40 PM

What do you call what you are doing?

I call it crying and being a hypocrite!

If you go back and look at my post I think everything I said about ODU was positive except what I said about your head coach.

In my opinion he disrepected Ga. Southern's team and tradition. A tradition started by one of the great persons and coaches in College Football History! Coach Erk Russell!!!

I will not be silent when a jerk disrepects that tradition.

Maybe one day ODU will have a great football tradition. When someone disrepects that tradition I certainly hope you will speak out against that.

I know you probably don't care, but because of your post I will not post anything else positive about ODU.

Monarch Nation
December 7th, 2011, 07:01 AM

If you go back and look at my post I think everything I said about ODU was positive except what I said about your head coach.

In my opinion he disrepected Ga. Southern's team and tradition. A tradition started by one of the great persons and coaches in College Football History! Coach Erk Russell!!!

Maybe one day ODU will have a great football tradition. When someone disrepects that tradition I certainly hope you will speak out against that.

I know you probably don't care, but because of your post I will not post anything else positive about ODU.

I won't sleep over 12 hours tonight worrying about your decision not to post anything positive about ODU.

As to "disrespecting" your "great coach," I call BS on that. You are still crying like a little girl over a percieved slight.

The jist of this post is: let it go, son. Concentrate on the game coming up, and try to enjoy college football. Dwelling on the past leads to ulcers.

gsu2583
December 7th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I won't sleep over 12 hours tonight worrying about your decision not to post anything positive about ODU.

As to "disrespecting" your "great coach," I call BS on that. You are still crying like a little girl over a percieved slight.

The jist of this post is: let it go, son. Concentrate on the game coming up, and try to enjoy college football. Dwelling on the past leads to ulcers.

Oh yeah, we DOOOO have another game coming up. Just listened to an interview with the UMaine coach on the upcoming game vs GaSouthern. Seemed like a cool guy. Respectful and not full of himself like that punk from ODU.

TwoFeathers
December 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM

Intentional disrespect is one thing, but Wilder made a mistake. He clearly mispoke and got his facts wrong.

PS, did anyone else notice that ODU opened the game with an option pitch for a first down??? A little shot over GSU's bow to start the game...

Cleets
December 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
What is it with GSU posters and "Respect"..?
(One more of those and I'm whipping out the Mommy Dearest clip again)

TwoFeathers
December 7th, 2011, 11:23 AM
What is it with GSU posters and "Respect"..?
(One more of those and I'm whipping out the Mommy Dearest clip again)

LOL.. Mommy Dearest... that's pretty funny. Must have missed that one...

Bearwitness
December 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Wilder fired Andy Rondeau, his defensive coordinator and Jarod Dodson, the secondary coach this afternoon. Wilder brought Rondeau with him from Maine in 2008 when he was named the head coach. Dodson joined ODU in 2009 after having worked with Rondeau at Buffalo previously. It's a cold, cold, business.

PonteVedraEagle
December 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Wilder fired Andy Rondeau, his defensive coordinator and Jarod Dodson, the secondary coach this afternoon. Wilder brought Rondeau with him from Maine in 2008 when he was named the head coach. Dodson joined ODU in 2009 after having worked with Rondeau at Buffalo previously. It's a cold, cold, business.

Wow!

Kill'em
December 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I can honestly say ODU did not get out-coached. I thought the offensive game plan was really bold. Some of the plays were seemingly sandlot. His scheme was definitely outside the box. ODU had a lot of speed and it gave us fits when they ran sweeps. Their offensive line did a great job of keeping Russell, Tinsley, and the rest of the line under control. The QB was very poised and had a Rothlesberger-like escapability. I swear, he got out of so many potential sacks, it had to be frustrating. Think about this, they have one of the best punters in the country and he never saw the field. instead, the back-up QB (former first-stringer) was back on 4th down. Instead of punting the ball right away, he roamed around the field looking for an open receiver and if none was open, he would punt the ball. What a great way to negate a good punt return team and keep the defense guessing! If it weren't for our offense, the outcome would have been different.

There were things I didn't like but no excuses. It shouldn't take away from the effort of ODU. They played their behinds off and deserve credit. This is one of the greatest games I have ever seen. I felt absolutely worn out after the game . To quote Danny Glover "I'm gettin' too old for this $#!+."

ODUFan757
December 8th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Holy *****. I've never seen a more ridiculous group of fans in my entire life! You'd think a school with multiple national championships wouldn't act so butthurt over a guy who made a mistake when paying them compliments and who was fighting hard for his team out on the field.

And seriously, whining about a couple pass interference calls? I could sit here all day and talk about the fact that you guys got some ridiculously undeserved spots and what really helped you win this game was the fact you were allowed to get away with illegal motion on over half of the plays you ran. This isn't arena league football. You can't have a guy in the backfield running TOWARDS the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. GSU repeatedly got away with this on offense all game long.

But the fact you are here whining, calling our coach an *** after WINNING the freaking game let's me know how classless you guys really are. I couldn't even imagine what you'd be saying if you had loss. Normally I'd take a potshot at you for being a bunch of poorly schooled, imbred hillbillies but really, it isn't necessary, it came through quite clearly in your sad little posts.

I was actually planning on rooting for GSU because your players and coach impressed the hell out of me with their toughness and tenacity on the field, but after coming across this thread, there is absolutely no chance in hell I'd ever root for a school with fans like yours. Even VCU fans have more class, and they literally have no class whatsoever.

Respect.......gone.

fatmonarch
December 8th, 2011, 05:22 AM
Razor, go away.

eaglewraith
December 8th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Holy *****. I've never seen a more ridiculous group of fans in my entire life! You'd think a school with multiple national championships wouldn't act so butthurt over a guy who made a mistake when paying them compliments and who was fighting hard for his team out on the field.

And seriously, whining about a couple pass interference calls? I could sit here all day and talk about the fact that you guys got some ridiculously undeserved spots and what really helped you win this game was the fact you were allowed to get away with illegal motion on over half of the plays you ran. This isn't arena league football. You can't have a guy in the backfield running TOWARDS the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. GSU repeatedly got away with this on offense all game long.

But the fact you are here whining, calling our coach an *** after WINNING the freaking game let's me know how classless you guys really are. I couldn't even imagine what you'd be saying if you had loss. Normally I'd take a potshot at you for being a bunch of poorly schooled, imbred hillbillies but really, it isn't necessary, it came through quite clearly in your sad little posts.

I was actually planning on rooting for GSU because your players and coach impressed the hell out of me with their toughness and tenacity on the field, but after coming across this thread, there is absolutely no chance in hell I'd ever root for a school with fans like yours. Even VCU fans have more class, and they literally have no class whatsoever.

Respect.......gone.

Undeserved spots or not, you weren't stopping us from moving the ball. If anything that would have slowed the game down more by causing us to run more plays which works in our favor.

There were definitely some shady PI calls.

If you're going to be mad about any pre-snap motion on our side, then I'm going to be mad about your center doing a head fake to simulate the snap on the majority of your plays. That can go both ways. Yes we have had a problem with pre-snap motion at times all year and it frustrates me too, but a lot of times the count is so tight that our guys are in movement at the instant the ball is snapped so it looks like they go early.

As for calling your coach an ***....well he is. Some people take pride in that. When PJ was our coach he was a dick and we loved it. He also knew when to shut his mouth though, that's something Wilder has yet to learn. For a contrast in styles, listen to all the pre-game chatter coming from Coach Cosgrove at Maine. This is the kind of PUBLIC coach speak you expect from the head of your program who acts as an ambassador to the football world in the media. Everything is about perceptions...and right now the perception that your coach gives everyone is that he's an asshat. He's defintely good at what he does, but the PR side needs some work. Either that or he just needs to go full troll, going half troll is what got him to where he is now.

ODUFan757
December 8th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Razor, go away.

No. F.ck off.

GSC75
December 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Respect.......gone.

...you gotta be kiddin' me? talk about whining... so you take the a few posts from a minimum number of GSU posters and form an opinion of the whole program and the players? I wasn't reall happy about some of the comments Coach Wilder made, and not just the lack of knowledge about our NC years... some other stuff, too.. but c'mon...

I don't post on here a lot, but I take the comments by most of the vocal few (our fans and opponents) with a grain of salt....jeez... ODU played a helluva game and took a few years off a lot of us GSU fans' lives... Wilder's style is a lot different from the coaches we know... and that's fine...

"there is absolutely no chance in hell I'd ever root for a school with fans like yours".... why don't you go back and read some of the crap OJ was posting. I for one have a lot of respect for ODU and HOPE we never see that dam QB of yours again. Any chance he might get stolen by a BCS team? Players don't have to sit out a year to move up, right?

ODUFan757
December 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Oj is a joke. I'm not entirely sure he is even an odu fan. His freaking "handle" is oj Simpson!

But it's not just a few fans. On both this thread and several on gsu's own site, your fans have been both whining about the refereeing and complaining and *****ing about wilder misspeaking even though in other interviews he clearly got the number right.

The actions of the gsu fans on both sites have been beneath a program of gsu's stature.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Oj is a joke. I'm not entirely sure he is even an odu fan. His freaking "handle" is oj Simpson!

But it's not just a few fans. On both this thread and several on gsu's own site, your fans have been both whining about the refereeing and complaining and *****ing about wilder misspeaking even though in other interviews he clearly got the number right.

The actions of the gsu fans on both sites have been beneath a program of gsu's stature.

Got what number right? He said ODU has won the same number of national championship in the past 20 years as GSU (and said it's been 20 years since we won one.) Basically calling us irrelevant.

Problem is we won our last one 11 years ago. So yeah it's been a while, but Wilder obviously can't do math, and said that as a slight to us.

Why is that hard for ODU fans to understand?

ODUFan757
December 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Yes and then in subsequent interviews he clearly stated you won 6 national championships and gave your program kudos.

How hard is that for gsu fans to understand?

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Respect.......gone.

LOL. No "imbreeding" going on here, and the wrong area of the country for hills. Gotta play App State for that.

SideLine Shooter
December 8th, 2011, 10:43 AM
LOL. No "imbreeding" going on here, and the wrong area of the country for hills. Gotta play App State for that.

Somebody is really confused. Oh, it was the Officials fault.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
December 8th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Indeed GSU has players moving towards the line of scrimmage on the snap
My guess is that will be addressed very quickly in the next game, by both GSU and probably the officials

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM
My guess is that will be addressed very quickly in the next game, by both GSU and probably the officials

Hmm... on further review this might be correct (Interesting)

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2011, 11:51 AM

What are you talking about? Links please.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
What are you talking about? Links please.

Watch the game again
It does seem that there are some plays where guys are moving across the line of scrimmage slightly upfield
Nothing drastic - but - they are in effect moving forward before the snap

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM

They actually had a defensive coordinator???

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I can honestly say ODU did not get out-coached. I thought the offensive game plan was really bold. Some of the plays were seemingly sandlot. His scheme was definitely outside the box. ODU had a lot of speed and it gave us fits when they ran sweeps. Their offensive line did a great job of keeping Russell, Tinsley, and the rest of the line under control. The QB was very poised and had a Rothlesberger-like escapability. I swear, he got out of so many potential sacks, it had to be frustrating. Think about this, they have one of the best punters in the country and he never saw the field. instead, the back-up QB (former first-stringer) was back on 4th down. Instead of punting the ball right away, he roamed around the field looking for an open receiver and if none was open, he would punt the ball. What a great way to negate a good punt return team and keep the defense guessing! If it weren't for our offense, the outcome would have been different.

There were things I didn't like but no excuses. It shouldn't take away from the effort of ODU. They played their behinds off and deserve credit. This is one of the greatest games I have ever seen. I felt absolutely worn out after the game . To quote Danny Glover "I'm gettin' too old for this $#!+."

I agree with DeMarco on 4th down. That was f'n great. They did that everytime.

By the way, that guy was on the Payton watchlist himself for the first 1/2 of the season. Reminds me of the way Sczcur was used at Villanova, as an 'all-purpose' player.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Yes and then in subsequent interviews he clearly stated you won 6 national championships and gave your program kudos.

How hard is that for gsu fans to understand?

I have to agree, I have the utmost respect for Ga Southern as a team. They should will it all. But I am shocked the fans are so up in arms about Wilder's comments. This is a team (GSU) who has proved it on the field every week, for the past 1 1/2 year. They don't have to prove anything to anyone, and have earned their respect, whether anyone else gives it or not. The only thing I can guess is they are still hurting from the Delaware loss last year, and it has become a CAA vs. SoCon thing. But I personally don't agree, even after the beatdown the Tribe took from Ga Southern last year. I look forward to those inter-conference match-ups, because they are truly 2 of the best conferences.

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Watch the game again
It does seem that there are some plays where guys are moving across the line of scrimmage slightly upfield
Nothing drastic - but - they are in effect moving forward before the snap

I have watched the game again. I want to see specifically what is being referred to. I'm not disputing, I just want to see whats being referenced. Name some time stamps so I can see what you are seeing.

If it's a particular play or two, then no big deal if the ref's missed a false start... I see stuff like that all the time. If it's a scheme thing that is being referenced, then that's a different story.

Cleets
December 8th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I have watched the game again. I want to see specifically what is being referred to. I'm not disputing, I just want to see whats being referenced. Name some time stamps so I can see what you are seeing.

If it's a particular play or two, then no big deal if the ref's missed a false start... I see stuff like that all the time. If it's a scheme thing that is being referenced, then that's a different story.

It's not false starts
It's guys in motion who are supposed to be parallel to the line of scrimmage while in motion - and cannot be headed up field until the snap or veering towards the line of scrimmage while in motion
I'll go back and get you examples - like I said it's nothing drastic

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I have to agree, I have the utmost respect for Ga Southern as a team. They should will it all. But I am shocked the fans are so up in arms about Wilder's comments. This is a team (GSU) who has proved it on the field every week, for the past 1 1/2 year. They don't have to prove anything to anyone, and have earned their respect, whether anyone else gives it or not. The only thing I can guess is they are still hurting from the Delaware loss last year, and it has become a CAA vs. SoCon thing. But I personally don't agree, even after the beatdown the Tribe took from Ga Southern last year. I look forward to those inter-conference match-ups, because they are truly 2 of the best conferences.

When I saw the interview where the ODU coach misspoke, I thought two things.

1) He only knew GSU's history superficially, which comes as no surprise to me. ODU isn't in the same conference and the two teams have never crossed paths, so why should he. The week leading up to the game is such a short preparation window that his time would have been spent looking at game film, not casual reading.

2) He likes to hear himself talk. In the interview, he could have easily focused on what he saw in said films... both strong points in GSU's play and vulnerabilities that ODU might try to exploit. Instead, he chose to use part of that small time frame referencing things that he knew little about. Just moving your lips and having words fall out of them because you like the sound of your own voice leads to a lot of foot in mouth disease.

Being offended never entered my mind.

Kill'em
December 8th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Respect.......gone.
Come'on, man! You think fans of THE Georgia Southern are classless? Did you not read the post just before yours? I think the officials were pretty bad but I won't worry about it unless they call another one of our games.

Your football program looks like it is going to be a real force for a long time, especially with the amount of fan support it is getting. That is truly amazing. Truth is, it is time to move on.

Merry Christmas!

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2011, 10:00 PM
This thread is still going??? Crap! I just bumped it up again!

gsu6trophies
December 8th, 2011, 10:05 PM
This thread is still going??? Crap! I just bumped it up again!

DUDE!!! You're kinda the main poster in this thread. I love the way you only react to gsu fans that make nefative comments.