PDA

View Full Version : "Reseeding" the Final 8

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Having watched all 8 teams today (thanks ESPN3!)........I'd rank the remaining teams as follows:

1. Montana
2. Georgia Southern
3. Maine
4. North Dakota State
5. UNI
6. Lehigh
7. Montana State
8. Sam Houston

Thoughts?

Unbison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Wonder why you would rank Maine so high.... I have now seen CAA football in person weak sauce
SEC of FCS sorry not true...... WAC of FCS maybe

OrygunBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I get your #1 ranking but GSU has no defense. Any of the other 7 teams will score at will against them. That video game crap that they play for offense ain't gonna last. (I like watching that offense a lot, I just know the defenses left will rip it to shreds.)

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
Having watched all 8 teams today (thanks ESPN3!)........I'd rank the remaining teams as follows:

1. Montana
2. Georgia Southern
3. Maine
4. North Dakota State
5. UNI
6. Lehigh
7. Montana State
8. Sam Houston

Thoughts?

Once again, how is Montana even in the discussion? They went 7-4 last year and apparently suck this year as well. That is what happens when you change offensive and defensive schemes. The team just loses all abilities and stinks.

You are a Montana homer.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Maine #3. What the hell are you smoking?

DJKyR0
December 3rd, 2011, 07:31 PM

1. Montana
2. Georgia Southern
3. Maine
4. North Dakota State
5. UNI
6. Lehigh
7. Montana State
8. Sam Houston

Thoughts?

ಠ_ಠ

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
SH at #8 is correct.

The rest...not sure.

Baldy
December 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
I get your #1 ranking but GSU has no defense. Any of the other 7 teams will score at will against them. That video game crap that they play for offense ain't gonna last. (I like watching that offense a lot, I just know the defenses left will rip it to shreds.)
xlolx

xcrazyx xnutsx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM

Sort of like Alabama did?

SeattleGriz
December 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM

No, like ODU did.

ChiefGSU275
December 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
No, like ODU did.

Haha this guy is silly.

OrygunBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM

I forgot to write "based on today's game" in there. Man, that was a very leaky defense, you have to admit. ODU was not that good. Our Oline (the Rams) will destroy that defensive line and our Dline will figure out the video game and put it to rest.

NDSU considers the line play to be skill positions.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 07:45 PM
While I might by the Montana at #1, it was the runner up in the Southland. The same league that brought you SHSU and an undefeated #1 seed. All kidding aside, there is still some matchups to come. You had two CAA versus Southern and the other SOuthern with a kick returner that does not know the rules of football, changing the complexion of a competitive game. I guess you have to kill the CAA or else give credit to Lehigh.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
While I might by the Montana at #1, it was the runner up in the Southland. The same league that brought you SHSU and an undefeated #1 seed. All kidding aside, there is still some matchups to come. You had two CAA versus Southern and the other SOuthern with a kick returner that does not know the rules of football, changing the complexion of a competitive game. I guess you have to kill the CAA or else give credit to Lehigh.

Montana got the best draw this week.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Reseeding isn't something that happens - I will say I'm pleased with how the Griz are playing, and they're still playing. What more could I want?

I do like that from my final AGS ballot, the eight teams left I had rated at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 and 14.

GSU Eagle
December 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM
NDSU fans do not miss any opportunity to slam GSU. You know it gets old at some point.

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
NDSU fans do not miss any opportunity to slam GSU. You know it gets old at some point.

I actually have a lot of respect for GSU and it's championship history, it's some of the fans that are slamming each other on a messageboard that gets old.

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
SH at #8 is correct.

How many threads on this forum do you need to blast SHSU? Are you basing everything off of one game? Have not seen you comment on the Bearkats until the last 3-4 hours...

swaghook
December 3rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I have a lot of respect for GSU the Triple O is going to give us trouble if we meet up in the play offs. Kinda wish NDSU still had the veer option for an offense.

straightshooter
December 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM

GSU has plenty of defense. Spread teams give them a bit of trouble, but they are quite good against more traditional teams in the FCS. Rest assured, ODU's offense would light up the Bison.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:55 PM
I have a lot of respect for GSU the Triple O is going to give us trouble if we meet up in the play offs. Kinda wish NDSU still had the veer option for an offense.

Sorry, the street lights converted to electric bulbs some years ago...

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
How many threads on this forum do you need to blast SHSU? Are you basing everything off of one game? Have not seen you comment on the Bearkats until the last 3-4 hours...

Been blasting since they were given the #1 seed for no other reason than politeness. They were certainly not the best team in the 2011 FCS regular season. And this game proves it beyond doubt.

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
I'm just basing everything on the play I saw today......excuse me for injecting reality that I saw with my own eyes. Apologies to all the pussies that are offended!

TexasTerror
December 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
I'm just basing everything on the play I saw today......excuse me for injecting reality that I saw with my own eyes. Apologies to all the pussies that are offended!

If you are basing things off of today, SHSU probably deserves to be in the bottom tier...

If you are going off the length of the season - and I know you are not, but some others want to pretend they are - SHSU is in the top half.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
The cool thing was:
Every GAME was able to be watched by MANY people - and that's pretty cool

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
The cool thing was:
Every GAME was able to be watched by MANY people - and that's pretty cool

I have to wait for the replay option on ESPN3....I love everything about FCS football...there is no better way to spend a Saturday then watching games....This next week I will get two days to watch all the boys play...will be a great weekend.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advice/ACEImages/PUB0009065_261147.jpg

swaghook
December 3rd, 2011, 09:54 PM

Option football is far from outdated played right teams that run the option have great success. Seems to me NDSU did quite well running option ball.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
Option football is far from outdated played right teams that run the option have great success. Seems to me NDSU did quite well running option ball.

Thats where the majority of my signature came from ;)

katstrapper
December 3rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Been blasting since they were given the #1 seed for no other reason than politeness. They were certainly not the best team in the 2011 FCS regular season. And this game proves it beyond doubt.

You are about as sharp as a marble!!xcrazyx

12-0...... 14 game win streak. NNNNNEEEEEXXXXTTTT!!!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 09:27 AM
If you are basing things off of today, SHSU probably deserves to be in the bottom tier...

If you are going off the length of the season - and I know you are not, but some others want to pretend they are - SHSU is in the top half.

Real competition usually does make your team look a little different.

Sam_Kats
December 4th, 2011, 09:36 AM
This is perhaps the dumbest thread I've ever seen...even for this BIAS board, it seems a bit Elementary. Maybe we can start conversation about whether or not the Earth is flat or round. No, I know - let's join hands & see if we can come up with a better version of the Star Spangled Banner.

Wow.

RichH2
December 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
This is perhaps the dumbest thread I've ever seen...even for this BIAS board, it seems a bit Elementary. Maybe we can start conversation about whether or not the Earth is flat or round. No, I know - let's join hands & see if we can come up with a better version of the Star Spangled Banner.

Wow.

It's a right of passage here . You dont have to play but pouting about getting smacked does not bode well for the toughness of your school's graduates.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Wow.

I know it hurts, we have felt this pain for years ourselves. If you were not seeded #1 this thread likely would not exist, but you were ...

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Congrats on beating average teams. This week you'll get to play a good team for the first time. You may find that the outcome is not to your liking.

Good day sir.

fencer24
December 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Oh yeah, you're going to be next.

SideLine Shooter
December 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
No, like ODU did.

Exactly, Bama was playing with them.

Bobcat in NC
December 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM

Gladly. xasswhipx

mainejeff
December 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Wow.

Wow........talk about a DUMB post. Why can't I offer my OPINION about how the remaining teams looked yesterday. Dang.......what a bunch of little girls on this board.

mainejeff
December 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I know it hurts, we have felt this pain for years ourselves. If you were not seeded #1 this thread likely would not exist, but you were ...

No, it would exist.

Jeezus effin cripes.........SAM HOUSTON PLAYED THE BEST BALL YESTERDAY.......THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC. EVERYONE ELSE SUCKED.

How freakin pitiful.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 10:50 AM

I respectfully disagree...
This thread highlights the very nature of football websites

Srdnaty
December 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Wonder why you would rank Maine so high.... I have now seen CAA football in person weak sauce

5 CAA in the playoffs and it was clear all belonged. May not have the greatest teams this year, but the CAA has the greatest depth this year. Townson lost on a safety and UNH had an extra point blocked. CAA may not have a top 5 team this year but 5 teams it the top 20 is pretty damn good. SOCON is the only conference I'll discuss being close to the level of the CAA year in and year out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM
5 CAA in the playoffs and it was clear all belonged. May not have the greatest teams this year, but the CAA has the greatest depth this year. Townson lost on a safety and UNH had an extra point blocked. CAA may not have a top 5 team this year but 5 teams it the top 20 is pretty damn good. SOCON is the only conference I'll discuss being close to the level of the CAA year in and year out.

CAA is perenially the "top" conference in FCS. When the MV gets teams consistently to the championship or semis then they can be considered also.

IMO, the MV could have had 5 in but 3 teams lost on the last week.

Maine must have a good team this year....beating Appy down in their house is pretty impressive.

veinup
December 4th, 2011, 01:23 PM
agree with montana on top. griz back. look out, people.

OrygunBison
December 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
When the MV gets teams consistently to the championship or semis then they can be considered also.

That is about to start happening.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Based on this week,
Maine
Montana
Ndsu
Lehigh
Montana state
Gsu
Uni
Shsu

Granted I thought stony brook was underrated coming in, but that was not what I expected from shsu.

Milktruck74
December 4th, 2011, 02:53 PM

But the high end neighborhoods have very decorative gas ones. It is all about execution....which they do VERY well.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 03:36 PM
But the high end neighborhoods have very decorative gas ones. It is all about execution....which they do VERY well.

I litterally watched 5 minutes of the ODU GSU game and saw GSU fumble...

Baldy
December 4th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I litterally watched 5 minutes of the ODU GSU game and saw GSU fumble...
...and roll up over 600 yds. of offense. xnodx

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
...and roll up over 600 yds. of offense. xnodx

And how much did you give up. I would not be overly confident off that game.

Sam_Kats
December 4th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I'd be upset too if I lived in Maine.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Holy crap, Texas is one of the brokest, sickest, most ***-backwards states. Run by a C student who took over for another C student.

344Johnson
December 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM
If they were to reseed this, I'd have NDSU/Montana/Maine as the top 3 in any particular order.

shloop
December 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Montana
Montana State
Sam Houston State
North Dakota State
Georgia Southern
Maine
Northern Iowa
Lehigh

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Nice try you win at home against a week team and rank SHSU #3 and Lehigh wins on the road against the CAA champ and is #8. That is a homer joke, I wish we were going to Texas this week. SHSU overrated based on being undefeated against nothing. Lehigh loses to UNH at home and is so far below your overrated a$$. A joke.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Texas: breeding the next generations welfare caseload, one uneducated teenage single mother without health insurance at a time.

gsueagle2424
December 4th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I don't want to deviate from the rest of the homerism on this board so I would reseed everyone like this:

1. Georgia Southern
2. Georgia Southern
3. Georgia Southern
4. Georgia Southern
5. Georgia Southern
6. Georgia Southern
7. Georgia Southern
8. Chattanooga - I know they didn't make the playoffs but they are so good I have to list them.

Baldy
December 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
And how much did you give up. I would not be overly confident off that game.
GSU played 11 games before yesterday, and ended the season #30 in total defense. I'm not going to let one bad defensive game against a VERY good offense overly concern me.

If we both take care of business on Saturday, you will find out exactly how 'bad' out defense is for yourself.

Good luck .xthumbsupx

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I would say the same, but I am holding out hope for a home game with LU v Maine. I know it is a reach. For what it is worth GSU is my pick.

GATA
December 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Doesn't really matter if GSU's defense played the rest of the playoffs with only 9 guys on defense. The real problem for the rest of the playoff field is that they're not as good on offense as ODU and they'll probably get rolled by GSU's rushing attack just as bad .

We probably won't punt for the entirety of the playoffs.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Doesn't really matter if GSU's defense played the rest of the playoffs with only 9 guys on defense. The real problem for the rest of the playoff field is that they're not as good on offense as ODU and they'll probably get rolled by GSU's rushing attack just as bad .

Are you serious? ODU is way down the list on Defensive stats, so enjoy yesterday. There is a better offense than ODU still in the field.

molly
December 4th, 2011, 07:46 PM

Is that because of all the turnovers you're gonna have? xsmiley_wix

straightshooter
December 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Are you serious? ODU is way down the list on Defensive stats, so enjoy yesterday. There is a better offense than ODU still in the field.

Yep. It's in Statesboro, GA.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Yep. It's in Statesboro, GA.

I figured that would be the response, try again. If your really think you saw the best offense in the field yesterday you are delusional, but some GSU fans are, so believe what you will.

Might be you defense that made them look so good.

FargoBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM

You won't play the #81 ranked defense every week...

straightshooter
December 4th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I figured that would be the response, try again. If your really think you saw the best offense in the field yesterday you are delusional, but some GSU fans are, so believe what you will.

If Lehigh and GSU win on Saturday, you'll get to see for yourself when the Engineers come to Paulson. Consensus is that we'll be headed to Fargo if we win. Don't let us down.

By the way, GSU leads FCS with a 6.75 yards per play average for the season, and their 59 TDs are more than the 56 that Lehigh has scored. Lehigh has a slightly higher per game offensive output than GSU, but they run more plays per game than GSU. The yards per play average is very telling don't you think.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM

Ah...that's why I heard the firetruck headed over there the other day.

Blue Eagle
December 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM

With 2 likely First Team All Americans on defense - including one of the best defensive players I can remember watching in more than 25 years - I am very happy to take my chances with the Eagles defense! If you think the ODU game is typical of the Ga. Southern defense you may be in for ...! Well any number of unpleasant reactions!

Just like your football team will be if they think like you. Assuming we play each other. Unfortunately, I suspect they will not be thinking like you!

At first I was hoping we would not have to make the trip to NDSU - not because of your football team but because I have been to ND as part of an Air Force flight crew and even though we spent only one night I knew I did not want to go back - but after the posts of the NDSU fans I am looking forward to returning to your lovely state!

GO EAGLES
"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Playoff Record 42 & 11
6 National Championships

BisonBohl
December 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM
1. NDSU

After that it really doesnt matter does it

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gataeagles06
December 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM
1. NDSU

After that it really doesnt matter does it

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you're saying Chattanooga doesn't matter?? That's just homerism at its finest! ;)

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2011, 07:56 AM

And is it Lehigh that you believe has the best offense in the field? That's just as delusional if not more. Georgia Southern averages almost 7 yards per play. Montana has a running and throwing qb, and talented running backs. Montana State boasts a very similar attack. Sam Houston scored more than anyone during the season and simply does not give up the ball. Maine put up 34 in Boone. Lehigh is pretty good, but this is a very offensive packed field. I don't think they're the clear offensive favorite in any measurement.

andy7171
December 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I'd rank Lehigh over maine at this point. We blew through maine up there in Orono, then got shut down by Lehigh. Of course the CAA freshamn of the year wasn't riding the pine against Maine.
Lehigh could be the best team we've played this year.

MTfan4life
December 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I'd rank Lehigh over maine at this point. We blew through maine up there in Orono, then got shut down by Lehigh. Of course the CAA freshamn of the year wasn't riding the pine against Maine.

Was there any specific reason why West got less than a third of his team's rushing attempts?

asumike83
December 5th, 2011, 08:11 AM
1. NDSU
2. GSU
3. Montana
4. UNI
5. Maine
6. MSU
7. Sam Houston
8. Lehigh

Hammerhead
December 5th, 2011, 08:25 AM
The Sagarin ratings predict all of the home teams will win by the following point spread:
NDSU -- 11
Montana -- 1
GSU -- 7
SHSU -- 4

Sagarin only predicted 1/2 of the 2nd round games correctly.

It should be an exciting weekend with 8 very good teams!

andy7171
December 5th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Was there any specific reason why West got less than a third of his team's rushing attempts?

Reason given by the HC, he had a poor week of practice. I didn't see him in the game when he wasn't given the ball. So, he only played 11 plays from what I saw.

blueballs
December 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM

Which other offense in FCS would put 350 yards on Alabama and score 21 points, who else put over 30 on Wofford, 50 on Furman, and who in the CAA hung 55 on ODU, over 600 yards and never punted?

I'll wait while you think...

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 10:13 AM
FWIW, all this Lehigh vs GSU grandstanding needs to stop. We have a very tough game this weekend vs NDSU. And let's be serious, every Lehigh fan out there should be pulling for Maine. It's not that I think GSU's offense is "better" than Lehigh's offense, but it's VERY different. Lehigh has not idea how to defend a triple option. Hell, the last option team I can remember playing was Furman and we got routed.

Furthermore, how do you go about reasonably comparing a triple option to a spread offense in terms of production? The numbers aren't going to tell you anything. It's the match-up that matters. /rant

GO MAINE!

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Which other offense in FCS would put 350 yards on Alabama and score 21 points, who else put over 30 on Wofford, 50 on Furman, and who in the CAA hung 55 on ODU, over 600 yards and never punted?

Oh..!!! oh oh... I know..!!! I KNOW xhypedx

james_lawfirm
December 5th, 2011, 10:49 AM
That video game crap that they play for offense ain't gonna last. (I like watching that offense a lot, I just know the defenses left will rip it to shreds.)

Don't count on that. If a team has not seen a TO team, GaSo's O will give them fits. Ask 'Bama. There's no way a practice squad can replicate what they do. Don't think it's a gimmick or a video game. It's the real deal & they run it well.

I can usu. predict what they're going to do. I assume the defenses can see the same thing I see. The fact that it works so well must mean it's hard to stop. (Duh!)

App handled it pretty well this year. BUT, we were the ONLY team to do so. AND, we'd seen two other TO teams this season & knew exactly what was coming (based on previous years of getting burned by it.)

The only way to beat GaSo is to get up on them first by a couple TDs & just hang on. Otherwise, it will be a long day. You're not going to get the ball as many times as you're used to.

FargoBison
December 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM

Shut down? Your team scored 38 points?

Grizalltheway
December 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
If we were to make it to Frisco, I would certainly hope that either Maine or NDSU had already taken care of GSU.

gsu2583
December 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
If we were to make it to Frisco, I would certainly hope that either Maine or NDSU had already taken care of GSU.

"Son of the Run"
:)

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Shut down? Your team scored 38 points?

Considering they put up 56 on UNH, 40 on Maine, and 39 on ODU...I'll take it. :-)

KJ Eagle
December 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM

We'll see next week if you make it that far. Our defensive backfield has seen a lot of attrition, to the point that our back up QB started on defense for the first time since high school. Unless you go five wide on us all game, we'll be just fine.

gsu2583
December 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Honestly, until the Alabama game, the GSU defense had been holding their opponents to 7-10 points below their scoring average. There have been some injuries, but I don't think our showing against ODU was indicative of what our defense is.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Insulting Texas? Really? What's in North Dakota besides snow, people with bad accents, and the Bison?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Insulting Texas? Really? What's in North Dakota besides snow, people with bad accents, and the Bison?

650,000 of the heartiest, friendliest, employed, well-educated, healthy people you will ever meet....and a budget surplus. You Betcha!

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM
650,000 of the heartiest, friendliest, employed, well-educated, healthy people you will ever meet....and a budget surplus. You Betcha!

Okay..I had to rep that..touche. Too bad you still don't live there, eh?

Drblankstare
December 5th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Healthy might be pushing it, have you seen some the people in line at 5 guys in Fargo. But we are quite pleasant. Except for those a hole's in Grand Forks.................kidding.

tribefan40
December 5th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Would that be the #5 team from the caa?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Okay..I had to rep that..touche. Too bad you still don't live there, eh?

It's my wife, she's finishing her PhD at Ohio State. I would move back to Fargo this afternoon if I could. Her opinion? "I spent 6 years there in college, that's plenty"

I guess you have to be a native.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2011, 12:20 PM
It's my wife, she's finishing her PhD at Ohio State. I would move back to Fargo this afternoon if I could. Her opinion? "I spent 6 years there in college, that's plenty"

I guess you have to be a native.

Thanks to my wife I work in the asshole of America..aka Houston, TX...atleast I get to live by the coast..but I'd kill to be away from here.

Engineer86
December 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
And is it Lehigh that you believe has the best offense in the field? That's just as delusional if not more. Georgia Southern averages almost 7 yards per play. Montana has a running and throwing qb, and talented running backs. Montana State boasts a very similar attack. Sam Houston scored more than anyone during the season and simply does not give up the ball. Maine put up 34 in Boone. Lehigh is pretty good, but this is a very offensive packed field. I don't think they're the clear offensive favorite in any measurement.

I did not say Lehigh was the best in the I said "there is a better offense left in the field than ODU" (which yes Lehigh is as are others) in my original post. What you responded to was when tehy responded it was GSU, ignoring my point that GSU will face a better offense than ODU. I realize there are lots of good offenses, it is the GSU fan that made the statement that "they faced the best offense they will face already"

Engineer86
December 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Again, the original post said that GSU has faced the best offinse it will face already in ODU. Which they have not. Read the entier thread. Go ahead, I will wait while you check....

Engineer86
December 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
FWIW, all this Lehigh vs GSU grandstanding needs to stop. We have a very tough game this weekend vs NDSU. And let's be serious, every Lehigh fan out there should be pulling for Maine. It's not that I think GSU's offense is "better" than Lehigh's offense, but it's VERY different. Lehigh has not idea how to defend a triple option. Hell, the last option team I can remember playing was Furman and we got routed.

Furthermore, how do you go about reasonably comparing a triple option to a spread offense in terms of production? The numbers aren't going to tell you anything. It's the match-up that matters. /rant

GO MAINE!

Jesus, will one of you read the original post where the GSU fan called ODU the best offense in the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never compared Lehigh to GSU, but yes Lehigh has a better ofense than ODU, and so do many others.

Engineer86
December 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Oh..!!! oh oh... I know..!!! I KNOW xhypedx

Oh!!!! I know!!! ODU is the second best offense in the Playoffs.

Engineer86
December 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM

For all of you that can't be bothered to read the thread to see the context of what you are responding to. ... I hope that helps.

344Johnson
December 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
For all of you that can't be bothered to read the thread to see the context of what you are responding to. ... I hope that helps.

Don't waste your time. They had such a close game against Alabama! Obviously the playoffs are just GSU's chance to play a few more games to warm up for next year's FBS game.

After the ODU game...one cannot blame anyone for questioning Georgia Southern defensively in any way, shape, or form. I think Maine has a dang good chance of taking them down. If everything I hear about Maine being good at tackling is true, they will sneak out of Georgia with another notch in their belt.

unigriff
December 5th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks to my wife I work in the asshole of America..aka Houston, TX...atleast I get to live by the coast..but I'd kill to be away from here.

hey Rev, i die (oops i mean live) in houston too...im right with ya to get outta this place! First train to Frisco please!!!

PonteVedraEagle
December 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM

We shall see.

PonteVedraEagle
December 5th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Don't waste your time. They had such a close game against Alabama! Obviously the playoffs are just GSU's chance to play a few more games to warm up for next year's FBS game.

After the ODU game...one cannot blame anyone for questioning Georgia Southern defensively in any way, shape, or form. I think Maine has a dang good chance of taking them down. If everything I hear about Maine being good at tackling is true, they will sneak out of Georgia with another notch in their belt.

Our fans have probably said too much about the Alabama game. Point taken.

The only way Maine leaves Paulson Stadium with a win is if GSU fumbles it away. Anything less than 3 turnovers and GSU rolls.

PonteVedraEagle
December 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM

You won me over!

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 08:50 PM
This whole thing has been very much like Mommy Dearest...
GSU being the aging Faye Dunaway - having gone a few too many years without the spotlight and "the Proper Respect she deserves"
And the daughter being the rest of the FCS

Please enjoy.... take it all in people - because it's happening right here on AGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-rkh-0S6q4

PonteVedraEagle
December 5th, 2011, 09:02 PM
GSU being the aging Faye Dunaway - having gone a few too many years without the spotlight and "the Proper Respect she deserves"

Please enjoy.... take it all in people - because it's happening right here on AGS

That's some sick s__t!

I think we're getting respect. How many weeks were we #1 in the FCS polls? Also, #3 seed on FCS Playoffs. I'm ok with that level of respect.

eaglesrthe1
December 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM

Never seen that before. LOL, yes... give GSU the respect they deserve or you'll get choked out.

What I think has happened is that GSU won't see an offense that matches up any better with them in the playoffs.

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM
You gotta admit that video clip kinda sums it up though...
Any conversation between App and GSU ultimately turns into this clip

GaSouthern
December 5th, 2011, 09:11 PM

I don't think you should base your decision on one game.

gofurman
December 5th, 2011, 09:16 PM

this is just ignorant. I am a Furman fan but let's see - GSU has more national titles than anyone in FCS... 6! They dropped the option and tanked - brought it back last year and went to the semifinals and now are in the quarterfinals and put up 55 points (I think that is the most of any team in the first round?). And credit ODU for posting 48 or whatever but that isn't an indictment of the option. The option is the Offense/ not the Defense. It was the unstoppable TOption that helped GSU win round one. *They never punted. Who else in round one can say their offense did that? Anyone?

No doubt their (GSU) D needs to step up but I would not be shocked to see them win another Natty. UNI was LUCKY to escape Wofford who flat gave them the game. Woffords triple option more than doubled the yards of UNI.