PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh at North Dakota State - Quarterfinals

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Might as well start the discussion on it. TheFan is banned, right???

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:05 PM
Personally, even though TheFan was a troll, I am quite concerned about what Lehigh's QB is going to do against our D. They won't score 48-51 like TheFan said, but they may get 28-31 on us. We may have to outscore them. I like our chances in a shootout against Lehigh on our home field and the turf that we're used to and Lehigh isn't.

AmsterBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
I saw a bit of Lehigh vs Lafayette. I love the way both teams play.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
NDSU will certainly slow the game down (right..?)
Student body left / student body right
The NDSU offensive line really shocked me - just how good they are for being monsters - they can pull like nobodies business (Impressive)

I'm thinking NDSU goes for the grind 'em down approach

Ginsbach
December 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
QB Lum will throw for at least 4 TDs and 600 yards against the weak NDSU pass defense.

;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
The weak pass defense anchored by Marcus Williams' 7 ints and 3 TDs? Yeah, terrible.

344Johnson
December 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
I'll take NDSU. The team looked good tonight and we are a very big team....not to mention it is in our house.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Personally, even though TheFan was a troll, I am quite concerned about what Lehigh's QB is going to do against our D. They won't score 48-51 like TheFan said, but they may get 28-31 on us. We may have to outscore them. I like our chances in a shootout against Lehigh on our home field and the turf that we're used to and Lehigh isn't.

Are you really trying to emphasize the magic carpet as the reason that NDSU beat JMU??

You have no respect for this team. xnonono2x

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Are you really trying to emphasize the magic carpet as the reason that NDSU beat JMU??

I was ON this team. DON'T YOU DARE tell me I have no respect for this team.

Go back to SiouxSports.com.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
JMU would finish right above SDSU in the valley this year sixth place imo. They were not fast, and their rush defense would be one of the worst in the valley imo.

Would love to play JMU again in an ooc game though.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
We will get a vicarious rematch of sorts. Looking forward to this.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM

You and that other clown do shoot your mouths off about other people when they deign to think that NDSU isn't absolutely perfect. That's annoying.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:21 PM
I was ON this team. DON'T YOU DARE tell me I have no respect for this team.

Go back to SiouxSports.com.

Bull**** you liar. You have never played a down for NDSU.

Hammerhead
December 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
You mean the weak pass defense that held JMU to their lowest point total this year against FCS opponents?

QB Lum will throw for at least 4 TDs and 600 yards against the weak NDSU pass defense.

;)

Twentysix
He was a student assistant, so in a way he was on the team.

TheBisonator
Bull**** you liar. You have never played a down for NDSU.

Don't make me personally get on a flight, find you and kick your ***, c**ksucker. I spent countless hundreds of hours working for that team.

Go back to SS.com.

I do not care if I get a warning from the mods.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
NDSU 28
Lehigh 24

MplsBison
We will get a vicarious rematch of sorts. Looking forward to this.

Vicarious being the key word. No doubt about that.

Twentysix
NDSU 28
Lehigh 24

We arent friends anymore. Pick NDSU to lose or I wont ever troll you back again.

Bogus Megapardus

I just don't see this one as a shootout. Bison either will completely shut down the Lehigh passing attack, or not. If not, Lehigh could win. If NDSU does what they did vs James Madison, it will be a long afternoon for the Squawkers.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Don't make me personally get on a flight, find you and kick your ***, c**ksucker. I spent countless hundreds of hours working for that team.

Go back to SS.com.

I do not care if I get a warning from the mods.

Fine. Don't imply you played on the team.

Ginsbach
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
The weak pass defense anchored by Marcus Williams' 7 ints and 3 TDs? Yeah, terrible.

You mean the weak pass defense that held JMU to their lowest point total this year against FCS opponents?

The joke
Your heads

Should I have added "I hope this helps?" I thought it was fairly blatant.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
We arent friends anymore. Pick NDSU to lose or I wont ever troll you back again.

The only team both teams played is Lafayette NDSU won 42-6, and Lehigh won 37-13. I think with the home field advantage NDSU will come out on top. I know you think I am putting a hex on the team, but I have picked NDSU to win before and they did win.

The Historian
December 3rd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Most of the Lehigh posters at the moment are in the Towson pubs. I think they schedule a couple of games for Friday night. If one of them is the Lehigh - North Dakota State game then Lehigh fans will have a major conflict. Friday night is also the 100th wrestling dual meet between Penn State and Lehigh.

For those of you who do not know, wrestling his Lehigh's most successful sport by far. The school is fifth among all D-I schools in the most individual NCAA wrestling champions. The football team gets no scholarship, but the wrestling team gets the max.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
The only team both teams played is Lafayette NDSU won 42-6, and Lehigh won 37-13. I think with the home field advantage NDSU will come out on top. I know you think I am putting a hex on the team, but I have picked NDSU to win before and they did win.

We need to play better than we did today to beat Lehigh.

I'm still thinking that GSU will destroy us if we happen to face them in the semis.

No_Skill
December 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
The joke
Your heads

Should I have added "I hope this helps?" I thought it was fairly blatant.

I got it without the quote.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Most of the Lehigh posters at the moment are in the Towson pubs. I think they schedule a couple of games for Friday night. If one of them is the Lehigh - North Dakota State game then Lehigh fans will have a major conflict. Friday night is also the 100th wrestling dual meet between Penn State and Lehigh.

For those of you who do not know, wrestling his Lehigh's most successful sport by far. The school is fifth among all D-I schools in the most individual NCAA wrestling champions. The football team gets no scholarship, but the wrestling team gets the max.

Lehigh's athletic department awards football players over 50 scholarship equivalencies of "need-based" grants every season - grants that can not be applied for by and awarded to non-football playing students.

Let's not mince words here, but Lehigh is anything but a non-scholarship team. Dream on.

TheBisonator

NDSU won a few DII wrestling championships back in the day. We had a chance to be in the old Big 8 for wrestling only some decades ago, and Dan Gable dualed against Bison wrestlers. We could be in the Big XII for wrestling now if enough people thought it was a good idea, but the Big XII is a dying conference...

darell1976

I'm still thinking that GSU will destroy us if we happen to face them in the semis.

If NDSU wins would have have another home game?

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
NDSU folks, all I can say is this - Lehigh will be MUCH different than Lafayette. Uglier, and significantly more malodorous, but definitely different.

MplsBison

Wow.

Yep, I was being a complete tool. You have utter respect for this team. How could I have missed that before?

TheBisonator

Yes, if we win and GSU wins, GSU comes to Fargo.

Twentysix

NDSU has only home games.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Wow.

Yep, I was being a complete tool. You have utter respect for this team. How could I have missed that before?

It's called being pragmatic and cautious, dumbass.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Yes, if we win and GSU wins, GSU comes to Fargo.

What if they backout again.xlolx

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:35 PM
What if they backout again.xlolx

If GSU wins they play Humbolt State instead of NDSU.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
NDSU folks, all I can say is this - Lehigh will be MUCH different than Lafayette. Uglier, and significantly more malodorous, but definitely different.

Of course, they don't subscribe to the same anti-competitive "ethos" as the pretend DI football teams in the PL (Laf, Buck, HC, G-town).

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Of course, they don't subscribe to the same anti-competitive "ethos" as the pretend DI football teams in the PL (Laf, Buck, HC, G-town).

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/582/poopmonster.png

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM

There's that frickin Patriot League education again, with your 50 dollar words.....:D

darell1976
December 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM

:pumpuke:

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:40 PM

Wow... Look at all that sheeite.

Like me after a night at a Chinese buffet....

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM

Frog in an ice cube?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
JMU would finish right above SDSU in the valley this year sixth place imo. They were not fast, and their rush defense would be one of the worst in the valley imo.

I can see where you might think this based off of today's game. But the Bison had the bye that they earned, they are the #2 seed and arguably the best team in the field when healthy (which they are now), and JMU has gotten beat up all season with injuries, but STILL remained in the top 10 in the country on rush D.

The injury to Pat Williams was huge too. He is like the QB of the D, he plays that LB role, and missing him did not help matters. The same thing happened when we played Maine and lost DT Nick Emmons early in that game. The entire defense had to adjust. Pat Williams was the last straw against a very formidable O-line.

NDSU won it in the trenches as we all knew they could do vs. JMU. JMU wasted a few opportunities and played some bad Special Teams. Really, it's not very often that teams rush for as much as NDSU did today. It's a combination of reasons and hard to predict JMU's would be performance in the MVC.

Conversely, we could say NDSU's passing game would be 6th in the CAA based on this game, but that's not really appropriate either.

Good luck the rest of the way - NDSU's team is a good one and with the #2 seed should be able to make it all the way with clean games. I only really see the Sophomore QB as a potential issue. He takes that 7-step drop and I think when forced into passing situations defenses will eat him alive and rattle him.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
I can see where you might think this based off of today's game. But the Bison had the bye that they earned, they are the #2 seed and arguably the best team in the field when healthy (which they are now),

We are NOT healthy right now. Our best DB is injured and our #2 WR is injured.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
You think our passing game sucked? we were playing walk on's at WR and not cause they are better than the starters(injuries)..... seriously... do some research. xsmhx

Gothmog
December 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
I can see where you might think this based off of today's game. But the Bison had the bye that they earned, they are the #2 seed and arguably the best team in the field when healthy (which they are now), and JMU has gotten beat up all season with injuries, but STILL remained in the top 10 in the country on rush D.

The injury to Pat Williams was huge too. He is like the QB of the D, he plays that LB role, and missing him did not help matters. The same thing happened when we played Maine and lost DT Nick Emmons early in that game. The entire defense had to adjust. Pat Williams was the last straw against a very formidable O-line.

NDSU won it in the trenches as we all knew they could do vs. JMU. JMU wasted a few opportunities and played some bad Special Teams. Really, it's not very often that teams rush for as much as NDSU did today. It's a combination of reasons and hard to predict JMU's would be performance in the MVC.

Conversely, we could say NDSU's passing game would be 6th in the CAA based on this game, but that's not really appropriate either.

Good luck the rest of the way - NDSU's team is a good one and with the #2 seed should be able to make it all the way with clean games. I only really see the Sophomore QB as a potential issue. He takes that 7-step drop and I think when forced into passing situations defenses will eat him alive and rattle him.

The Bison have some issues with their passing game. But it's not their QB - it is injuries to receivers and conservative play-calling. Jensen has been solid all year.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM

#2, 3, 4 at WR did not play today.

Vraa gebhart and smith.

TheBisonator
December 3rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
#2, 3, 4 at WR did not play today.

Vraa gebhart and smith.

Is Gebhart out indefinitely, or could he return??

I'm hoping Smith returns next week.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 3rd, 2011, 07:11 PM
I agree with that Gothmog. It all just points out how making broad statements based off one game is a dangerous thing to do.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Is Gebhart out indefinitely, or could he return??

I'm hoping Smith returns next week.

I think only vraa is out indefinetly. Medical hardship. I dont know what gebhart has injured.

OrygunBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM

Your mama plays for Lehigh? Whodathunkit?

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM

7-step drop? Are you sure you counted right?

Seriously, NDSU's QB coach played TE in college. No joke. I don't think he teaches "mechanics" of how to pass the football.

I think NDSU mostly just does a 3-step quick slant and play-action passes, if they can help it. If they absolutely must pass the ball, they will from time to time get in shot gun. I prefer that anyway, less chance of the QB being hospitalized on a missed blitz pick-up right up the middle. But I know they do have a 5-step drop which is called maybe 10 times a game (depending on how many times in 3rd down and longer than 3 or 4).

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
I just don't see this one as a shootout. Bison either will completely shut down the Lehigh passing attack, or not. If not, Lehigh could win. If NDSU does what they did vs James Madison, it will be a long afternoon for the Squawkers.

Bogey, my brother, you have to get on board!

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 07:26 PM

Are we getting new pants? xsmileyclapxxlolx

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Are we getting new pants? xsmileyclapxxlolx

No. The ones you're wearing look like they'll do nicely. But that's a hell of a pic, n'est ce pas?

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to this game. Glad it's at the Fargodome, I had Lehigh ahead of NDSU in my final vote on AGS this year. Beating Towson is big!

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2011, 08:05 PM
I so can not wait for this game. It is a good time for both our schools. Hope that some of you fans can travel to Fargo and experience some good ND hospitality in the tailgating lot.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
NDSU hospitality is second to none. It ends once you are in the Dome, but still, no fans are more accommodating. Two Patriot League teams from the Lehgh Valley in one season really is a first, though, isn't it?

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
NDSU hospitality is second to none. It ends once you are in the Dome, but still, no fans are more accommodating. Two Patriot League teams from the Lehgh Valley in one season really is a first, though, isn't it?

What are the other schools in the Lehigh Valley, NDSU has played several Pennsylvania schools in the DII playoffs.

Engineer86
December 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
No. The ones you're wearing look like they'll do nicely. But that's a hell of a pic, n'est ce pas?

Especially scrolling down without paying attention!xthumbsupx Let's hope that's how they play next week.

The Historian
December 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
What are the other schools in the Lehigh Valley, NDSU has played several Pennsylvania schools in the DII playoffs.

Moravian and Muhlenberg

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 08:33 PM

I just hope our outcome in the Dome turns out better than yours did. Looking forward to this match-up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
I agree with that Gothmog. It all just points out how making broad statements based off one game is a dangerous thing to do.

Very true!

But from what I saw today of JMU, they would be a upper 1/2 team in the Valley. Good defense and can run the ball......although, NDSU shut down their running game today.

JMU is better than I thought.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
I just hope our outcome in the Dome turns out better than yours did. Looking forward to this match-up.

We did OK in the first half, but we were no match after the break. They have a brutal OL, and a DL to match. Lum will do better than did Ryan O'Neil, but this is going to be much more of a challenge than was Towson.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
We did OK in the first half, but we were no match after the break. They have a brutal OL, and a DL to match. Lum will do better than did Ryan O'Neil, but this is going to be much more of a challenge than was Towson.

The carpet monster will probably eat one of lehighs OL and either a RB or a WR also... keep that in mind. It ate 3 or 4 JMU players today.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
With that being said Bogus, what's your prediction?

Pard4Life
December 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
I saw a bit of Lehigh vs Lafayette. I love the way both teams play.

xeyebrowx ... we don't even like how we play... but of course you like how we play... NDSU 41, Lafayette 6.. xrotatehx

Neighbor2
December 3rd, 2011, 08:52 PM
Cool your jets, Twentysix.

Lehigh will not be the team generally described on this board. You'll get a good game. Debating if I'll make the trip in this economy. I did like the movie, however.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
With that being said Bogus, what's your prediction?

Prediction? I predict that Fordham will fail to join the CAA, and that Georgetown will not will the Patriot title next year. Beyond that, I cannot say . . .

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cool your jets, Twentysix.

Lehigh will not be the team generally described on this board. You'll get a good game. Debating if I'll make the trip in this economy. I did like the movie, however.

You clearly have no idea what im talking about. We play on astroturf, I believe we average something like 1 knee blow out per game for the opposition this year. 3 or 4 JMU players went down with leg related injuries... injuries they could not walk off. Playing on astroturf apparently takes a certain acquired skill. It will eat lehigh players unless you have an astroturf practice facility.

Pard4Life

Yeah, they actually have an offense.

Pard4Life
Might as well start the discussion on it. TheFan is banned, right???

What's the story on this one?

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Prediction? I predict that Fordham will fail to join the CAA, and that Georgetown will not will the Patriot title next year. Beyond that, I cannot say . . .

So after playing both ND and Lehigh, you can't at least attempt to make a prediction on the outcome?

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
What's the story on this one?

He threatened to sue the management.

Pard4Life
December 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM

Unprecedented in AGS history no doubt.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM

Incorrect: He threatened to sue our users and patrons...
Had he simply threatened to sue AGS there would have never been a problem - we enjoy that kind of thing
But we can't have folks on here harassing the users and patrons of this site and threatening law suits and whatnot

Neighbor2
December 3rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Lehigh DOES have such a facility. I've never seen astroturf being a problem for them. You might also want to forget about the whole "dome thing" as an intimidator. These aren't farm boys. They're the men who MIGHT hire your graduates some time.

Enough with my smack. I appreciate the chance to see how our program stacks up against you guys. Belittle Lehigh at your peril, sir.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:10 PM
Had he simply threatened to sue AGS there would have never been a problem - we enjoy that kind of thing
But we can't have folks on here harassing the users and patrons of this site and threatening law suits and whatnot

So I can threaten to sue Ursus, but not, say, Pard4Life? Cool, I need another hobby. :)

(I originally wanted to back up your point on suing management, but can't find the LegalGAEagle thread (or whatever his handle was), which was equally amusing. Smack/Lounge seems to have been cleaned out. Sad panda).

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
So I can threaten to sue Ursus, but not, say, Pard4Life? Cool, I need another hobby. :)

(I originally wanted to back up your point on suing management, but can't find the LegalGAEagle thread (or whatever his handle was), which was equally amusing. Smack/Lounge seems to have been cleaned out. Sad panda).

Well actually you could probably threaten to sue whoever you wanted because you're not actually pathologically insane
so we would probably (as a group) really enjoy that... (for a while)

Ursus is a walking legal action infraction - so good luck with that

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah, they actually have an offense.

As offensive as always. No change there.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:26 PM
So after playing both ND and Lehigh, you can't at least attempt to make a prediction on the outcome?

OK, I'll try. Lehigh will score early and will catch the Bison off guard, giving Lehigh an early 13-7 lead. Once the game gets going, NDSU will use superior speed and athleticism on defense to eliminate Lehigh's running attack. NDSU will take advantage, but will commit a turnover and the game will stay close. But superior special teams for NDSU will result in consistent field position advantage throughout the game for the Bison, and they will win, 31-26.

As much as I am enamored with NDSU this year, I'd like to see Lehigh make a game of it. But NDSU probably is just to overpowering for Lehigh to handle at the end of the day.

It's going to be a lot more of a game than the Bison might imagine, though.

How's that for a prediction?

Neighbor2
December 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds about right to me, Bogie.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
NDSU with superior speed?

Are Lehigh's players so tired from studying for the series 7 that they forgot how to run fast?

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:29 PM

I'd invite him to sue. Sue me in particular. He might not know what he'd be up against. Let MplsBison do the same. That would be SO much fun.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
series 7

You idiot.

Our interns wrote the Series 7. I used to grade the Series 7 as a community service. You remain SO far out of your league, you imbecile.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'd invite him to sue. Sue me in particular. He might not know what he'd be up against. Let MplsBison do the same. That would be SO much fun.

The guy is pathological - so be careful

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM

But you'd be the portfolio manager for my attorney. No one would take the case.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:34 PM

And brilliant, don't forget that.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM

I invite it. Take your best shot, MplsBison. I'll twist you into irrelevance with a flick of my thunbnail. You'll die unnoticed and the homeless will piss into your grave, arsewipe.

Gil Dobie
December 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
The Fan is gone but not forgotten :(

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM

Yeah, the closest advice I have is something my dad said to me once. He looked me dead in the eye, and after I fully met his gaze, he said, "Son. NEVER stick your dick in crazy." Pretty much the same thing.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that most here don't associate "TheFan" with Lehigh nor "MplsBison" with North Dakota State.

As for associating me with Lafayette College . . . that's another story! xlolx

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
Well like it or not, I am.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 10:17 PM
This thread is going to be so boring without TheDope.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that most here don't associate "TheFan" with Lehigh nor "MplsBison" with North Dakota State.

As for associating me with Lafayette College . . . that's another story! xlolx

I associate Pard4Life more. Sorry, it's the avatar. :) He keeps it the same, you keep changing yours!

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
This thread is going to be so boring without TheDope.

He has a new username its chevy8###

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
OK, I'll try. Lehigh will score early and will catch the Bison off guard, giving Lehigh an early 13-7 lead. Once the game gets going, NDSU will use superior speed and athleticism on defense to eliminate Lehigh's running attack. NDSU will take advantage, but will commit a turnover and the game will stay close. But superior special teams for NDSU will result in consistent field position advantage throughout the game for the Bison, and they will win, 31-26.

As much as I am enamored with NDSU this year, I'd like to see Lehigh make a game of it. But NDSU probably is just to overpowering for Lehigh to handle at the end of the day.

It's going to be a lot more of a game than the Bison might imagine, though.

How's that for a prediction?

Thanks for replying. I haven't seen any ND games this year so I was interested in your thoughts on this one.

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for replying. I haven't seen any ND games this year so I was interested in your thoughts on this one.

I think 3 of them are on ESPN3 replay maybe 4 also the entire NDSU UM game is on youtube.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM

I'm not sure. I gave it half a thought thinking that a troll is just a troll but you can definitely pick up things in someone's writing that are tipoffs. I have yet to see anything in that trolls writing that leads me to believe he is our troll.

lehighfball
December 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I think 3 of them are on ESPN3 replay maybe 4 also the entire NDSU UM game is on youtube.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

LehighLarry
December 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Been following Lehigh football since my Dad took me to my first game at Taylor Stadium in 1974. I remember listening to the 1977 national championship win on the radio and the 1978 and the 1980 loss in the national championship game.

I was up at Umass to watch the undefeated Hawkineers fall to the eventual champions as Phil Stambaugh's pass sailed high right in front of us on fourth down.

I was at Goodman for the disappointing loss to eventual champion JMU 14-13.

Not this time. What a game, what a great atmosphere at Towson.

With the possible exception of the 43-42 fumblerooski game at Goodman (a loss) or the 52-45 Lehigh win at Lafayette in 1988, today was quite possibly the best Lehigh game I have ever seen in person. Kudos to Towson for a great season and providing an awesome game day atmosphere. Goodman would have not have been nearly as good for this great game.

All this said, this is the best Lehigh team since I was listening to the Championship game on the radio 30+ years ago. It is better than the Stambaugh teams of the late 90's, the Hall teams, and the Borda teams. This is the first time in 30+ years where I truly BELIEVE Lehigh has a shot at a National Championship.

This week will be very tough at NDSU, but I am hopeful the boys from South Mountain can go on the road and do us all proud. Unfortunately, we will NOT travel well to Fargo!

Looking forward to some North Dakota hospitality and a great game on Saturday.

LehighGuy
December 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Looks like the game is set for 4:00PM EST on Sat.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
11 pages, and it's barely Sunday in Fargo. This ought to be fun.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2011, 12:37 AM
If Lehigh regains their focus I believe they can beat the Bison. NDSU has a darn good team but it's a squad that Lehight matches up pretty well with. The Dome is loud but it's not deafening. Given Lehigh's experience I think they'll be prepared for it. The key will once again be Lehigh's front seven on D and special teams.

I witnessed NDSU's only loss of the season donning my Lehigh gear. Karma? Maybe....
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381830_287317931300645_100000673205985_918148_1567 853347_n.jpg

All kidding aside, the NDSU fans are awesome as is ND. I loved my time there and wouldn't mind returning for an extended stay!!

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 12:43 AM
The YSU game and JMU game arent comparible as far as atmosphere goes. The lehigh game should be just a tish louder than the JMU game.

ESPN hit around 110 db. The smartphone app weilded by a bison fan hit 117 db. Neither of those are on the field. I don't think lehigh will be scarred little flying chickens, but I do expect 2-5 false starts and a lack of audibles.

LU @ UNI ATTENDANCE: 5,990 http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=303312460 bottom of the boxscore has attendance

You can expect more than triple the attendance at the LU NDSU game 18,000-19,000.

LehighGuy
December 4th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Ugh....flights so expensive. I hate middle America.

FargoBison
December 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Even to Mpls?

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Ugh....flights so expensive. I hate middle America.

Fly to MSP and rent a car.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 4th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Fly to MSP and rent a car.

Minny is a pretty easy drive. Hector is a nice airport all things considered. The Lehigh fans that make the trip out will be impressed with Fargo imo. It's the same size as Allentown (Bethlehem's big brother) but 100x nicer. Just pack your parka!!!

MTfan4life
December 4th, 2011, 04:29 AM

Nope, I dont think so. Unless he completely changed the way he spoke. Also, TheDope loved the CAA. He would never start a thread talking about how poor it was.

Pards Rule
December 4th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Been following Lehigh football since my Dad took me to my first game at Taylor Stadium in 1974. I remember listening to the 1977 national championship win on the radio and the 1978 and the 1980 loss in the national championship game.

I was up at Umass to watch the undefeated Hawkineers fall to the eventual champions as Phil Stambaugh's pass sailed high right in front of us on fourth down.

I was at Goodman for the disappointing loss to eventual champion JMU 14-13.

Not this time. What a game, what a great atmosphere at Towson.

With the possible exception of the 43-42 fumblerooski game at Goodman (a loss) or the 52-45 Lehigh win at Lafayette in 1988, today was quite possibly the best Lehigh game I have ever seen in person. Kudos to Towson for a great season and providing an awesome game day atmosphere. Goodman would have not have been nearly as good for this great game.

All this said, this is the best Lehigh team since I was listening to the Championship game on the radio 30+ years ago. It is better than the Stambaugh teams of the late 90's, the Hall teams, and the Borda teams. This is the first time in 30+ years where I truly BELIEVE Lehigh has a shot at a National Championship.

This week will be very tough at NDSU, but I am hopeful the boys from South Mountain can go on the road and do us all proud. Unfortunately, we will NOT travel well to Fargo!

Looking forward to some North Dakota hospitality and a great game on Saturday.

Look you Hawks, if I can go out there for a non playoff game, get your tails out to the nicest city in the Greatland! BTW Larry were you at the same game I was in 1988 - I know it was a lot of scoring but my memory (and the record books) have the Pards winning that shootout! Enjoy Fargo all you Hawks - you will!

Engineer91
December 4th, 2011, 07:26 AM
NDSU vs Towson?
NCAA bracket has Lehigh winning but Towson advancing ... Nitwits

MTfan4life
December 4th, 2011, 07:49 AM
NDSU vs Towson?
NCAA bracket has Lehigh winning but Towson advancing ... Nitwits

Second mistake the NCAA bracket has made. Don't they have an editor on their website staff? (Wofford/UNI game was originally listed to take place Nov. 2)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM
What kind of defense did Towson run? What kind of defense has given Lehigh trouble this year?

NDSU's front 7 is good and will probably get consistent pressure on Lum. Our DBs are good but not great, so Lum will get some passing yards.

If the Bison offense sustains drives and keeps the Lehigh offense off the field, IMO, the Bison win. JMu aves over 250 rushing yds/game and we held them to under 100...our defense will be up for the challenge that Lehigh will bring...our DBs better be ready for this game.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
What kind of defense did Towson run? What kind of defense has given Lehigh trouble this year?

NDSU's front 7 is good and will probably get consistent pressure on Lum. Our DBs are good but not great, so Lum will get some passing yards.

If the Bison offense sustains drives and keeps the Lehigh offense off the field, IMO, the Bison win. JMu aves over 250 rushing yds/game and we held them to under 100...our defense will be up for the challenge that Lehigh will bring...our DBs better be ready for this game.

The best defense to play against Lehigh is to triple cover the fullback, don't let him touch the ball. Also, play a two deep zone and keep all the LBs and corners straight across in the 5-10 yd range. Your safeties can cover the deep part of the field with no help. xsmiley_wix:D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Put MWill on Spadola, done.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Marcus was "human" yesterday. He dropped a pick-6, had a pass interference and gave up a questionable TD....that was clearly out of bounds on the replay.

His pick-6 he dropped would have totally changed the tempo of the game......Bison would have been 14-0.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM

I agree. Single cover Spadola. We all know he's just another unathletic, slow P.L. receiver. ;) Go for it!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I agree. Single cover Spadola. We all know he's just another unathletic, slow P.L. receiver. ;) Go for it!

Marcus will be covering him. He is good....really good. He had a couple of "mistakes" yesterday but that is not "him". He will be playing on sundays in 3 yrs.

NDSUs secondary better bring their A-game next week.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM

Well forget that NDSU runs a Tampa-2 defense anyway so not a lot of single coverage but despite the issues he had yesterday Marcus Williams is an absolute SHUTDOWN corner.

RichH2
December 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
The Fan is gone but not forgotten :(

Ah the sadness of trolls perhaps Cleets could add a new section just for memorial comments about Fan, y'know with flowers and such xrolleyesx

Mpls could be sent there as a curator,

RichH2
December 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Well forget that NDSU runs a Tampa-2 defense anyway so not a lot of single coverage but despite the issues he had yesterday Marcus Williams is an absolute SHUTDOWN corner.

A Tampa 2 . LUhas seen that scheme at least twice this season. I do hope your DC sticks with that base D

LU90
December 4th, 2011, 08:59 AM
What kind of defense has given Lehigh trouble this year?

October snow storms that knock out electricity on campus all week.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 09:17 AM

How's your second corner? Drawl was considered the better of the two at the beginning of the season and is no slouch himself.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 09:19 AM
October snow storms that knock out electricity on campus all week.

True, that was the most effective Defense all season

RichH2
December 4th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Overall ,NDSU pass D , other than Williams , not much of a concern for us. If indeed they use a tampa2 cover scheme RS may not have much action but Jamel, Wick and Fitzie will. Assume they will try to move Lum so I would expect Drwal and Soto to have lots of open looks. Lum must stay disciplined as he was vs TU. Will check but ona quick look it does not appear that NDSU has faced any good FCS passers this year

The Historian
December 4th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Drawl had a pretty quiet game against Towson. I wonder if he has completely recovered from his injury against Lafayette.

Lum was very disciplined in his passing against Towson. I do not think he had anything close to a pick. Lehigh had a great offensive game plan against Towson. 11 play 99 yard drives are very rare.

DJKyR0
December 4th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Will check but ona quick look it does not appear that NDSU has faced any good FCS passers this year

Montana State fans said the same thing when we were facing off against Denarius McGhee last year. Off the top of my head:

Ronnie Fouch
Kurt Hess
Matt Brown
Austin Sumner

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 10:14 AM
A Tampa 2 . LUhas seen that scheme at least twice this season. I do hope your DC sticks with that base D

Coverage schemes go out the window pretty fast when you can't block the four down on a straight up rush.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Coverage schemes go out the window pretty fast when you can't block the four down on a straight up rush.
Your absolutely correct. Don't even know why LU's making the trip.

We're may be just slightly better than the spotted puddy tats you played earlier in the year. LU's offensive line pretty much the same as LC's. O'Neil and Lum are a toss-up at QB. Playcalling and schemes are identical. D-line and backers are a wash. Pretty much the only difference between LU and LC are the color of the uniforms. xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Your absolutely correct. Don't even know why LU's making the trip.

We're may be just slightly better than the spotted puddy tats you played earlier in the year. LU's offensive line pretty much the same as LC's. O'Neil and Lum are a toss-up at QB. Playcalling and schemes are identical. D-line and backers are a wash. Pretty much the only difference between LU and LC are the color of the uniforms. xrolleyesx

Our Lafayette game (42-6) could have been a lot worse.

That said, Lehigh will be a big test for the Bison. Probably the best passing offense that we have seen this year.

We have a very good defense and they will be up for the challenge.

MTfan4life
December 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Overall ,NDSU pass D , other than Williams , not much of a concern for us. If indeed they use a tampa2 cover scheme RS may not have much action but Jamel, Wick and Fitzie will. Assume they will try to move Lum so I would expect Drwal and Soto to have lots of open looks. Lum must stay disciplined as he was vs TU. Will check but ona quick look it does not appear that NDSU has faced any good FCS passers this year

Have you factored in NDSU's defensive line to their pass defense? or the crowd noise? A rowdy dome could really fluster a quarterback, especially if the defensive line is getting to him. I know NDSU players are big. Will there a big size advantage on the line? Also, has Lehigh faced any defense this season that has brought reasonable scare to any team? I feel like anything related with NDSU's defense will be a major concern for Lehigh.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Have you factored in NDSU's defensive line to their pass defense? or the crowd noise? A rowdy dome could really fluster a quarterback, especially if the defensive line is getting to him. I know NDSU players are big. Will there a big size advantage on the line? Also, has Lehigh faced any defense this season that has brought reasonable scare to any team? I feel like anything related with NDSU's defense will be a major concern for Lehigh.

Have you been to a Bison game? You live in Fargo according to your avatar.

With Drevlow back it gives the DL a full rotation of 8-9 guys. IMO, the Bison defense will get pressure on Lum.

Doc QB
December 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM

Yeah, the same guy who dropped two picks, and had a TD go over his head. Not sure that is a shut down match up, not to mention Spadola lines up all over the place, and your defensive scheme would not allow a corner to follow him all around the field like that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, the same guy who dropped two picks, and had a TD go over his head. Not sure that is a shut down match up, not to mention Spadola lines up all over the place, and your defensive scheme would not allow a corner to follow him all around the field like that.

Ya, MW did have a few mistakes yesterday but he is still the best player out on the field. If our Dline gets consistent pressure on Lum, the Bison will win this easily.

LehighU11
December 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Drawl had a pretty quiet game against Towson. I wonder if he has completely recovered from his injury against Lafayette.

Lum was very disciplined in his passing against Towson. I do not think he had anything close to a pick. Lehigh had a great offensive game plan against Towson. 11 play 99 yard drives are very rare.

5 receptions is respectable. Haggins has really been coming on strong these last few weeks, and with the effective screen passes to Hayden, Fitz, and Sherman, along with Spadola being unstoppable, you can't expect Drwal to get as many balls sent his way.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I get the feeling this thread will be a lot like the JMU one....33 pages pregame and a whole lot of shutting up during the game.

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Where is The Fan when you need him? To tell us how Lehigh will win by 2 TDs, and to remind us how Lehigh did in a Dome against the MVFC champs last year.

DJKyR0
December 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Where is The Fan when you need him? To tell us how Lehigh will win by 2 TDs, and to remind us how Lehigh did in a Dome against the MVFC champs last year.

And how NDSU lost to an unranked team at home and has a bad defense.

Grizzaholic
December 4th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I get the feeling this thread will be a lot like the JMU one....33 pages pregame and a whole lot of shutting up during the game.

YUP. NDSU shutting up forever.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Yeah, 'cause that's what happened this week. Everybody come up to the dome with all your confidence, kiss the concrete and get your ears blown out!

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2011, 11:37 AM
xlolx You must not be very familiar with NDSU fans it you think anything will shut us up forever.

LeHawk
December 4th, 2011, 11:42 AM
It will be a competitive game.

swaghook
December 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
It will be a competitive game.

It's play off football it will be disappointing with anything less.

Doc QB
December 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Just watched the entire replay of the JMU-NDSU game, what follows is a brief scouting report for the LU faithful, which the Bison backers are obviously free to agree, reject, remark, etc. On a whole, the broadcast team (Jay Walker in particular) was weak (and not NDSU's fault obvioulsy). His partner kept calling them 'BisonS.' And referred to Towson as 'TowNson' multiple times. If you aren't going to do any scouting or homework, they could at least know how to read.

NDSU offense against JMU:

Nothing fancy. Come right at you, run hard, O-line big (LT 6-6, 292, LG 6-3 314, C 6-2 302, RG 6-2 299, RT 6-6 309) moves extremely well, overall, execute very well. McNorton appears strong as hell (5'10", 206 lbs), and while Ojuri looks like a scatback type, is sizable as well, 6' 200 lbs. West Coast pass offense type short routes with non-naked bootlegs where a guard always pulls to protect Brock who is throwing to a single reciever pattern. Did not show many deeper drops with multiple reads, combo routes, more difficult progressions. He manages game, appeared to make few audibles/checks, and is not asked to make the big plays, just not make mistakes, let his running game do the damage.

Problem with intrepreting this game for our defensive scouting perspective is, as is typical of Micky Matthews and his ego, he made NO defensive adjustments until late (13 min left in fourth quarter), when he changed up to some 50 fronts to put 8 men in box, and it worked very, very well, but game was pretty much decided, as their offense is not equipped to play catch up on that day with no passing threat. QB never came off his primary receiver once the entire game, throws to TE out of three step, WR on a hitch, or deep outs of play action. He locks on his target. They really didnt throw deep or over the middle much, completed few 15+ yard completions against a soft JMU man coverage. JMU oddly only got penetration and sacked/hurried him into incompletions on play action passes several times. In my mind, you force their QB to beat you, load the box on early downs (they ran 80% or more on first down) with 8 in box and 3 over top, try to force third and longer yardage, and see what else they have to fire at you. Maybe mix in some 4-4, with our OLBs tight for run support, but not completely out of position to stop the 3 step drop TE flat routes and WR hitches. I was always an offense guy, but that would be my take.

NDSU defense vs JMU:

Defense has some hogs up front ( DE 6-4 245, DT 6-3 275, NG 6-4 283, DE 6-3 238) who move well with lighter LBs who run well (5-11 221, 5-11 220 MLB, OLB 6-2 210 and #34 off bench 6 226). DBs not challenged by any legit passing threat yesterday. CB 5-10 180, safeties 6-1 204 and 5-11 199, and #1, the "shut down corner" 5-11 190. Nobody to shut down yesterday, and he had an atypical game according to the NDSU faithful here, but had a ton of picks throughout year and was first team MVFC. For a scouting film, it is hard to scout evaluate a rather typically vanilla JMU offense (despite formations that make it appear like a spread attack, they are run first, second, and crap!, time to pass a distant third). They may run for a good season average typically, but it is really with little imagination. If they cant out speed or out athlete you, they dont move the ball. With no ability to stretch the field meaningfully with a vertical passing game, JMU could only stretch the field with some wide option runs, and did it seldom. NDSU loaded the box, safeties played shallow, stuffed the run very well, knowing JMU could not hurt them through the air. As such, they lined up a a base 4-3, cover two most of game, few wrinkles, stunts or blitzes. They didnt need many. Not a video worth anything really for Cecchini and staff to peruse as JMU shows only a few looks that are similar to ours, and as such, we cant learn much from it.

To beat NDSU, it would appear you would have to develop a game plan looking at a game other than this one (UNI, YSU?) to see more rounded offenses challenge their D and a defense that forced Brock to make more throws, see where he has some flaws, if any. Offensively, they come at you, challenge you to stuff their ground attack, wear you down, do it well and controlled. Defensively, they move well, dont give up many points, but are as susceptible to the big play as any good team can be in the intensity of playoff football. Big challenge for us, they are big, strong, confident, and playing a home game on 1970's carpet in a dome with great fan support. However, they have NOT seen an offense like ours (no disrespect to UNI or any MVFC offense for that matter). We have several solid offensive weapons, put them all over the place, move the ball well, attack you from many formations, sets, packages, etc throw at multiple passing levels on the field, and a QB who gets us into good plays, reads coverage well, doesnt force throws, and had an absolute career night on a huge stage yesterday. Should be a fun one.

UNIFanSince1983
December 4th, 2011, 11:56 AM
The thing is NDSU probably hasn't seen an offense like Lehigh this year. There really aren't too many teams that pass as much as Lehigh does. The Valley is not built on great quarterbacks it is built on great running backs. There are some good quarterbacks in the Valley, but none like Lum.

That being said Lehigh hasn't faced a defense like NDSU yet this year either. They are big, strong, and can make plays.

I really think this should be a great game. It will depend on if Lum can get time to pass. If he does I think he is too good, and will pick the Tampa 2 apart. If NDSU gets some pressure (especially with just their front 4) Lehigh could be in for a long afternoon. If the game becomes a shootout it would have to favor Lehigh. If it stays low scoring NDSU will come away with the win.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Our Lafayette game (42-6) could have been a lot worse.

That said, Lehigh will be a big test for the Bison. Probably the best passing offense that we have seen this year.

We have a very good defense and they will be up for the challenge.

Yes, so could the 37-13 Lehigh win. Let's just agree the Lafayette games are a wash. I think in the end Home field will be a difference, but lets play and find out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 12:29 PM
The thing is NDSU probably hasn't seen an offense like Lehigh this year. There really aren't too many teams that pass as much as Lehigh does. The Valley is not built on great quarterbacks it is built on great running backs. There are some good quarterbacks in the Valley, but none like Lum.

That being said Lehigh hasn't faced a defense like NDSU yet this year either. They are big, strong, and can make plays.

I really think this should be a great game. It will depend on if Lum can get time to pass. If he does I think he is too good, and will pick the Tampa 2 apart. If NDSU gets some pressure (especially with just their front 4) Lehigh could be in for a long afternoon. If the game becomes a shootout it would have to favor Lehigh. If it stays low scoring NDSU will come away with the win.

I think two giant intangibles will be crowd noise and the "painted concrete". If Lum hits the deck a few times he may be a little too sore to do much in the second half and it will be hard to get off the line when you can't hear the snap count.

LehighU11
December 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think two giant intangibles will be crowd noise and the "painted concrete". If Lum hits the deck a few times he may be a little too sore to do much in the second half and it will be hard to get off the line when you can't hear the snap count.

The Lehigh O-Line had a tremendous game yesterday, giving Lum plenty of time to make his passes and allowed 0 sacks and no knockdowns. Lum also moved well and never appeared to be in a hurry. One key to winning at the Fargodome will be for the O-Line to repeat this week's performance.

RabidRabbit
December 4th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Note that SDSU tied with YSU and Ind St at 4-4 in conference.

344Johnson
December 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Lehigh will struggle with the crowd noise I presume. Can't imagine that the dome will be any quieter next week. Is Lehigh a capable team in running the football?

Lakes Bison
December 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Lehigh 43
ndsu 21

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I think Lum will put up impressive completion numbers and impressive yardage totals much like he has all year. The two big stats will be his TD passes and INTs. It gets tougher to throw on NDSU's Tampa 2 defense in the red zone so if Lehigh has to settle for FGs it will be a win for the NDSU defense. Lum has 33 TDs on the year but he also has 15 INTs, with the way Lehigh will have to score to beat the Bison they can't afford to give any posessions away via turnover. Lum could have 35 completions and 400 yards but sprinkle some stalled red zone drives in there and a couple INTs and I'd like NDSU's chances win.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Lehigh 43
ndsu 21

that's just stupid. NDSU has a great defense, no way is anyone going to score that many points. I don't care who is the QB. Every time someone has said "xxxx is going to torch the Bison" xxxx has been shut down.

The Bison already stuffed one Payton finalist, what's another?

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Note that SDSU tied with YSU and Ind St at 4-4 in conference.

But due to tiebreaking was 6th(5th?), I think JMU would of pushed SDSU down to 7th this year(maybe they wouldn't have). I also think SDSU will be in the playoffs again very soon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Lehigh 43
ndsu 21

Typical UND troll pick.

No way Lehigh or any team scores 43 points on our defense. Go root for your mediocre hockey team.

Twentysix
December 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Lakes Bison is pantherhawktrolling. He is a UNI fan.

frozennorth
December 4th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Sagarin has ndsu by roughly 2 td. I find this roughly to be in line with my thinking. L 23, ndsu 34

Typical UND troll pick.

No way Lehigh or any team scores 43 points on our defense. Go root for your aweful hockey team.
Fixed

Pard4Life
December 4th, 2011, 05:52 PM
The game time seems to be Saturday at 4pm. No word on coverage though ESPN2 has the Bobcats at noon and Griz Friday.

swaghook
December 4th, 2011, 05:55 PM
The game time seems to be Saturday at 4pm. No word on coverage though ESPN2 has the Bobcats at noon and Griz Friday.

3pm central ESPN3 and I presume ESPN Gameplan.

Pard4Life
December 4th, 2011, 05:55 PM
It just comes down to getting Lum to move. Even against Lafayette he missed open guys when we forced him outside the pocket or hurry.

Lehigh seemed to struggle with the power run game this weekend so the Bison will indeed be a challenge.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM
It just comes down to getting Lum to move. Even against Lafayette he missed open guys when we forced him outside the pocket or hurry.

Lehigh seemed to struggle with the power run game this weekend so the Bison will indeed be a challenge.

Shut up!! They don't need your help! :D. How about Lum is terrible in the pocket let him stand there all day!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 06:06 PM
IMO, our defense will get pressure on Lum and he will throw a couple of picks.

Bison will run and the Oline will wear down the Lehigh defense.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

Cleets
December 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
IMO, our defense will get pressure on Lum and he will throw a couple of picks.

Bison will run and the Oline will wear down the Lehigh defense.

Bison win by 2 TDs.

NDSU by 14 points..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Holy cow)

Professor Chaos
December 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The Bison are at HOME but Lehigh is not UNRANKED. This points to a Bison victory.

I hope this helps.

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
The Bison are at HOME but Lehigh is not UNRANKED. This points to a Bison victory.

I hope this helps.

Banned just for talking like that!

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Towson averaged 3.3 yards/carry. LU gave up 155 total rushing yards and 125 net rushing yards against what was certainly advertised as a dynamic rushing attack. I hope they struggle just as much against NDSU's running game.

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Banned just for talking like that!

oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

344Johnson
December 4th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I got NDSU running for about 175-225 yards next weekend.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I do some good impersonations.... would you NDSU fans like me to become "The Fan" for a few days??? Nah, just kidding I would not be able to look in the mirror

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I do some good impersonations.... would you NDSU fans like me to become "The Fan" for a few days??? Nah, just kidding I would not be able to look in the mirror

I'm sure he'll end up back here sooner or later under another name......

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I got NDSU running for about 175-225 yards next weekend.

Towson averaged 230 ypg and finished with 125 against Lehigh. Now I will give you that Lehigh's 90 ypg against reflects the teams they played, but Towson built that average against the CAA. NDSU averaged 162 ypg over the year. You must have seen a major change in NDSU yesterday to warrant that confidence

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:30 PM
NDSU will run through LEHIGH.

Lehigh will TRY and throw on NDSU and MWILL has that on lockdown, he missed 2 INT's last week, got those bad catches out of his system.

Im not even worried about this game..... time to get ready for GA SOUTHERN!!

344Johnson
December 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Towson averaged 230 ypg and finished with 125 against Lehigh. Now I will give you that Lehigh's 90 ypg against reflects the teams they played, but Towson built that average against the CAA. NDSU averaged 162 ypg over the year. You must have seen a major change in NDSU yesterday to warrant that confidence

JMU was supposed to be tough against the run. They weren't at all. Time after time everyone got to watch McNorton and Ojuri run all over them. DJ McNorton might finally be healthy. NDSU has not faced a team OOC the past couple of years who can stop us from running the ball. That is my reason for thinking NDSU runs the rock well next weekend.

344Johnson
December 4th, 2011, 07:32 PM
NDSU will run through LEHIGH.

Lehigh will TRY and throw on NDSU and MWILL has that on lockdown, he missed 2 INT's last week, got those bad catches out of his system.

Im not even worried about this game..... time to get ready for GA SOUTHERN!!

You aren't worried at all? What makes you think GaSouthern is going to beat Maine? Maine after all, just got done absolutely demolishing the App State team that beat GaSouthern.

DJKyR0
December 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM

Yesterday's game was something of an anomaly statistically. The rushing game finally broke out due to the basically three-week break senior RB DJ McNorton (who rushed for 1,600 yards in 2010) got to recover from a combination of a bad heel and an ankle sprain that have limited his productivity. With McNorton apparently back to form NDSU is suddenly a really dangerous team.

The passing game shrugged off this week due to having most of our experienced receiving corps, which was thin to begin with, injured. We have three of our top four guys on the depth chart out with injury and only one of those could potentially be back. Over the course of this year it's been the passing of Brock Jensen that has kept us in the games we've won, and now it seems like McNorton is ready to pick that mantle back up. With Ojuri behind him and the d-line healed up and having back one of our primary run-stoppers in Ryan Drevlow, the stats are going to be misleading on what this team is now capable of.

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
if Maine wins, thats just a bonus for NDSU.

and these fools from lehigh say "you havent seen an offense like ours..".. Minnesota is a BIG 10 spread offense with a QB that is better than Chris Lum (gray was top 5 QB in nation out of HS)

NDSU will put MWILL on their #1 WR... roll over help with heagle/eaves to Dudzik's side and blitz littlejohn/beck more this game then ever.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I was/am more worried about JMU compared to Lehigh. Our defense will rise to the challenge of their passing game.

GO BISON

Engineer86
December 4th, 2011, 07:43 PM

and these fools from lehigh say "you havent seen an offense like ours..".. Minnesota is a BIG 10 spread offense with a QB that is better than Chris Lum (gray was top 5 QB in nation out of HS)

NDSU will put MWILL on their #1 WR... roll over help with heagle/eaves to Dudzik's side and blitz littlejohn/beck more this game then ever.

Wow #5 out of HS, that means what? Go ahead and lock down the #1 WR, #2 is only slightly below him and was considered better at the start of the season.

Maybe we should not show up, you have this game all figured out and we have no chance.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Okee Dokee.

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM

UNI went home early last year thinking Lehigh was a cupcake.

straightshooter
December 4th, 2011, 07:56 PM
You aren't worried at all? What makes you think GaSouthern is going to beat Maine? Maine after all, just got done absolutely demolishing the App State team that beat GaSouthern.

One of these days you guys are going to understand the GSU/AppSt rivalry. Saying that Maine can beat GSU because they beat App St and App St beat GSU this season is ridiculous. I can assure you that reasoning won't fly come Saturday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Wow #5 out of HS, that means what? Go ahead and lock down the #1 WR, #2 is only slightly below him and was considered better at the start of the season.

Maybe we should not show up, you have this game all figured out and we have no chance.

If you think Lehigh is going to come into the FD and pass the ball all over our defense and turn it into a "trackmeet", then you are mistaken.

The most points the Bison have given up this year is 28.....and only 4 teams have scored in the 20s.

I'm looking forward to this matchup.....IMO, the Bison roll in the 2nd half.

Pard4Life
December 4th, 2011, 07:58 PM
You Bison are the foolish ones if you believe Lehigh is a walkover.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM

Not a walkover like Lafayette was but we have a really good defense....we'll see come saturday.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:12 PM

No one that is actually associated with NDSU (lakes isn't) has said Lehigh is a walkover.

Gil Dobie
December 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM

Lehigh could have been seeded if in a stronger conference. They just beat Towson who beat Maine this season. Their only loss was an OT loss to UNH. Hope NDSU's coaches and players are taking them as a serious threat, more than they did YSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Lehigh could have been seeded if in a stronger conference. They just beat Towson who beat Maine this season. Their only loss was an OT loss to UNH. Hope NDSU's coaches and players are taking them as a serious threat, more than they did YSU.

I think the coaches took YSU very serious.

YSU played a damn good game and the Bison didn't rise to the occasion. YSU deserved to win that game.

No_Skill
December 4th, 2011, 08:19 PM

You better believe that the point will be driven home that Lehigh knocked UNI out of the playoffs last year.

GSUsTALON
December 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM
I want NDSU to win for my own selfish reasons. I want GSU in the Fargo Dome for a shootout!

JSUBison
December 4th, 2011, 08:30 PM

Watch the Craig Bohl show, believe me he's not taking it lightly. And neither is Coach Klieman, who was part of that loss to Lehigh last year when he was at The U.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 08:37 PM
IMO, the Bison roll in the 2nd half.

Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Lafayette.................. 0 0 0 6 - 6
North Dakota State.. 0 14 14 14 - 42

Just like Lafayette? We're not the same school. Really! I'm not kidding!

Here, I'll prove it!
Lafayette College (http://www.goleopards.com/)
Lehigh University (http://www.lehighsports.com/)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Score by Quarters 1 2 3 4 Score
----------------- -- -- -- -- -----
Lafayette.................. 0 0 0 6 - 6
North Dakota State.. 0 14 14 14 - 42

Just like Lafayette? We're not the same school. Really! I'm not kidding!

Here, I'll prove it!
Lafayette College (http://www.goleopards.com/)
Lehigh University (http://www.lehighsports.com/)

Were you at that game?

That score could have been a lot worse.

Our Oline will wear down Lehigh's defense in the 2nd half. We'll see come saturday, wont we.....

underdawg
December 4th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Was that the stud CB that played against us (SIU) this season, if so that's a loss--he's a load.
By the way if you subbed SIU (4-7) in for JMU the score that you had against JMU would probably been the same> I think SIU could have competed well against them.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm bored with this football talk for a while. Did I read that Lehigh changed its mascot back in the 90's 'just because'? Folks up in Grand Forks might want to take note that the world didn't end.

Weird.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Were you at that game?

That score could have been a lot worse.

Our Oline will wear down Lehigh's defense in the 2nd half. We'll see come saturday, wont we.....
Were you at that game? Nope, but I watched it on ESPN3 at a Holiday Inn Express.

That score could have been a lot worse. Okee Dokee

Our Oline will wear down Lehigh's defense in the 2nd half. We'll see come saturday, wont we? Yup!

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I'm bored with this football talk for a while. Did I read that Lehigh changed its mascot back in the 90's 'just because'? Folks up in Grand Forks might want to take note that the world didn't end.

Weird.
Unfortunately yes. LU was known as the Engineers. However, the 90's generation had a problem with this. I guess it's tough to create a cool mascot with a train engine or a slide rule. Plus, the non-Engineering students felt left out. So it evolved into the Mountain Hawks.

Here's wikapedia's explanation.
Lehigh's athletic teams were known as the Engineers up until the 1995-1996 academic year. Contrary to popular belief, this name was a reference to the Lehigh Railroad, not to the school's academic engineering program.[1] However, it is most likely this very "popular belief" that prompted a name change in the first place. The perception of Lehigh being in any way bias towards its P.C. Rossin College of Engineering was certainly something that needed to be addressed, especially because the university prides itself on having a well rounded, liberal arts education that all students enjoy. As a result, during the school's 1988 appearance in the Men's NCAA basketball tournament, TV commentators were encouraged to refer to the school by its colors, Brown and White.

Until 1995, the team used a logo of a train locomotive with an "L" on the front. In November 1995, the school introduced the Mountain Hawk as a mascot replacing the "L train", which stemmed from a popular, student-based movement to come up with a suitable mascot; the Mountain Hawk was officially voted in as the new mascot by the Lehigh Student Senate soon after.[2] Controversy arose the following year, when the school's nickname was changed to the Mountain Hawks. Many alumni and students, including various members of Lehigh's Marching 97, still object, though the school's athletes were cited as being strong supporters of this change. [3] The school still lists all three nicknames (Engineers, Brown & White, and Mountain Hawks) in its media guides.

lehighfball
December 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'm bored with this football talk for a while.

Lehigh wrestlers beat Penn today. Penn State is next....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Lehigh wrestlers beat Penn today. Penn State is next....

I love college wrestling.

Lehigh is good.....your HWT is a "beast".

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately yes. LU was known as the Engineers. However, the 90's generation had a problem with this. I guess it's tough to create a cool mascot with a train engine or a slide rule. Plus, the non-Engineering students felt left out. So it evolved into the Mountain Hawks.

Lehigh's athletic teams were known as the Engineers up until the 1995-1996 academic year. Contrary to popular belief, this name was a reference to the Lehigh Railroad, not to the school's academic engineering program.[1] However, it is most likely this very "popular belief" that prompted a name change in the first place. The perception of Lehigh being in any way bias towards its P.C. Rossin College of Engineering was certainly something that needed to be addressed, especially because the university prides itself on having a well rounded, liberal arts education that all students enjoy. As a result, during the school's 1988 appearance in the Men's NCAA basketball tournament, TV commentators were encouraged to refer to the school by its colors, Brown and White.

Until 1995, the team used a logo of a train locomotive with an "L" on the front. In November 1995, the school introduced the Mountain Hawk as a mascot replacing the "L train", which stemmed from a popular, student-based movement to come up with a suitable mascot; the Mountain Hawk was officially voted in as the new mascot by the Lehigh Student Senate soon after.[2] Controversy arose the following year, when the school's nickname was changed to the Mountain Hawks. Many alumni and students, including various members of Lehigh's Marching 97, still object, though the school's athletes were cited as being strong supporters of this change. [3] The school still lists all three nicknames (Engineers, Brown & White, and Mountain Hawks) in its media guides.

I may be old school but "Mountain Hawks" is dumb. Engineers is pretty bad ***, especially since the engineering school is so good.

lehighfball
December 4th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I love college wrestling.

Lehigh is good.....your HWT is a "beast".

Thanks. Zach Rey is our 27th National Champ. I love it too!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Thanks. Zach Rey is our 27th National Champ. I love it too!

That kid from American University...(I think) usually gives him good matches....I think he beat ZR last year. He (ZR) reminds me of Brock Lesnar (U of M HWT in early 2000s).....but thicker with better technique.

GATA_Eagles
December 4th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I'll take NDSU provided GSU takes care of business. I can't wait to get up to the Fargodome....although I like the idea of Lehigh coming to Paulson too :D

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I may be old school but "Mountain Hawks" is dumb. Engineers is pretty bad ***, especially since the engineering school is so good.

I agree. I'm one the many alumns who wasn't happy with the change. But as you tell from my profile, I have learned the fine art of compromise.

As your in-state "brethren" know, nicknames are often changes due to political correctness.

lehighfball
December 4th, 2011, 09:15 PM
That kid from American University...(I think) usually gives him good matches....I think he beat ZR last year. He (ZR) reminds me of Brock Lesnar (U of M HWT in early 2000s).....but thicker with better technique.

Flores from American beat Rey for the EIWA champ. Rey won against Flores for the National Title. I agree about Lesnar, another beast. Rey in person is like a giant tree trunk.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Flores from American beat Rey for the EIWA champ. Rey won against Flores for the National Title. I agree about Lesnar, another beast. Rey in person is like a giant tree trunk.
I believe that Rey recently lost to a wrestler from Arizona State. I think he is ranked #2. However, Hamlin is ranked #1 at 184.

By the way, Rey could have been a heck of a defensive tackle.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 09:26 PM
OK I may be a little bored with football but wrestling is the least interesting thing in the world to me.

swaghook
December 4th, 2011, 09:30 PM
No one that is actually associated with NDSU (lakes isn't) has said Lehigh is a walkover.

pot meet kettle. lol

Hammerhead
December 4th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think Lehigh will be a cakewalk, but NDSU I predict an NDSU victory by double digits.

lehighfball
December 4th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I believe that Rey recently lost to a wrestler from Arizona State. I think he is ranked #2. However, Hamlin is ranked #1 at 184.

By the way, Rey could have been a heck of a defensive tackle.

He did, he lost to ASU's Cooper. Better now than later.. I think this is Hamlin's year at Nationals. Last years loss in the finals stung.
BTW, I think Rey played football in highschool. I don't how well though..

Lehigh74
December 4th, 2011, 09:49 PM
In high school Zack Rey was a first team all state defensive tackle. However, because his wrestling scholarship is non-need based he is not eligible to play football at Lehigh.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 09:58 PM
OK I may be a little bored with football but wrestling is the least interesting thing in the world to me.

College wrestling is a great sport. Those guys bust their a**es and are truely dedicated to their sport.

NDSU wrestles SDSU on tuesday.....should be a Bison "beatdown"!!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM
College wrestling is a great sport. Those guys bust their a**es and are truely dedicated to their sport.

They may bust their asses but that doesn't mean I have to dig it. I'm sure the swimming and diving teams work really hard too.

sgt smash
December 4th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Thank you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
They may bust their asses but that doesn't mean I have to dig it. I'm sure the swimming and diving teams work really hard too.

Then don't comment on it then......

Lehigh has a great wrestling tradition.

You live in Columbus,OH? Go watch some Big 10 wrestling matches at OSU....great athletes!

LakesBison
December 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
You know what I Dig pummeling another east coast pompous football team at the Dome!! LETS DO THIS!!

and everyone knows that mplsbison isnt a ndsu fan.

LEHIGH61
December 4th, 2011, 10:18 PM
You know what I Dig pummeling another east coast pompous football team at the Dome!! LETS DO THIS!!

and everyone knows that mplsbison isnt a ndsu fan.

KEEP TALKING!

FargoBison
December 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM
KEEP TALKING!

Don't worry...he won't stop...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM
KEEP TALKING!

Don't worry. Nobody outside of law enforcement pays any attention to what he says.

BisonBacker
December 4th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Don't worry. Nobody outside of law enforcement pays any attention to what he says.

Boy have you got that right xlolx Rep to you for that spot on analysis.

ngineer
December 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Just figured out that I won't be able to make trip to Fargo. Time of year both work-wise and family matters can't afford all that time away. So I'll be stuck with ESPN3 or possibly a Lehigh gathering at one of our sports bars. I suspect the Alumni Association will arrange something at Starters like last year's UNI game.

Having to go four tough quarters with a top school like Towson said alot. Too many times this year our starters weren't even on the field in the fourth quarter and the big question was how they would respond when the chips were down late in the game. My voice is just starting to get back to normal from last night's thriller.

I see the key being our DC coming up with a scheme to disrupt the NDS running game. I understand we may have lost a starting LB last night with a separated shoulder, so that is of concern. Time for someone to step up and make a statement for themselves and the team. We're going to score points, the question will be whether we can score enough. Could be another Towson-like game.

Doc QB
December 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM

Sadly, I was still at LU when this all started in earnest, 1992, and a powerful force (but not ever fully explained because of the whole "PC" nature of this was that it was driven largely by a vocal group of female basketball players, who instead of working on their game (they were AWFUL back then) got sidetracked with this cause. Thought the Engineer nickname was too strong an association with the School of Engineering and Lehigh's earlier history as an all male school (up until 1970 I think?). They all thought it was "too gender biased."

And here's the funny part never seen in print...not ONE of those girls liked men.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Sadly, I was still at LU when this all started in earnest, 1992, and a powerful force (but not ever fully explained because of the whole "PC" nature of this was that it was driven largely by a vocal group of female basketball players, who instead of working on their game (they were AWFUL back then) got sidetracked with this cause. Thought the Engineer nickname was too strong an association with the School of Engineering and Lehigh's earlier history as an all male school (up until 1970 I think?). They all thought it was "too gender biased."

And here's the funny part never seen in print...not ONE of those girls liked men.

Well that's a low blow but it seems that the whole movement would be counter-intuitive. Would those women be saying they couldn't or shouldn't be engineers? If I was a female in the school of engineering I would be offended.

"Mountain Hawks" reminds me of all of the "new" mascots of the last 20 years. Look at minor league baseball, every team has to have some dopey descriptor word in it. Timber Rattlers, Rail Cats, etc. Stupid.

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 08:37 AM
He did, he lost to ASU's Cooper. Better now than later.. I think this is Hamlin's year at Nationals. Last years loss in the finals stung.
BTW, I think Rey played football in highschool. I don't how well though..

Rey was All State at DTxthumbsupx

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Been catching up on the threads.Seems MWILL can cover all our receivers by himself. Guess if you can clone cows, not much harder to do so with a db.
ND OL big McNorton a very good rb. ND fans seem to think we have never faced either before. UNI thought that also. Geez, I just love playing MV teams, such a fine combination of arrogance and ignorance.

Gil Dobie
December 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Been catching up on the threads.Seems MWILL can cover all our receivers by himself. Guess if you can clone cows, not much harder to do so with a db.
ND OL big McNorton a very good rb. ND fans seem to think we have never faced either before. UNI thought that also. Geez, I just love playing MV teams, such a fine combination of arrogance and ignorance.

I like the way certain Lehigh fans pick and chose what post they want to make the other teams fans look ignorant.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I like the way certain Lehigh fans pick and chose what post they want to make the other teams fans look ignorant.

Exactly. kind of like all of the posts on how Chris Lum will just be able to stand in the pocket as long as he wants and target any receiver he wants for 6 TDs and 800yds.

THE HERD
December 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
The Lehigh O-Line had a tremendous game yesterday, giving Lum plenty of time to make his passes and allowed 0 sacks and no knockdowns. Lum also moved well and never appeared to be in a hurry. One key to winning at the Fargodome will be for the O-Line to repeat this week's performance.

If we get zero sacks and no knockdowns you guys will win for sure. With that bieng said I have a hard time believing that will happen, I think the crucial thing will be if we can get consistent pressure with just the 4 down lineman or not. If we do that I think it will be a long day for Lehigh, but if we have to start blitzing a lot to get any pressure we will be in trouble with how talented and experienced Lum is.

Cleets
December 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I think (from what I've seen) The Mountain Hawks will score some points...
This will be a tough game - Towson was a very good team - NDSU is going to have their hands full

GOB1SON
December 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Without arrogance and ignorance, there would no anonymous message boards for athletic fans.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that anyone on this board has seen enough football outside of their own conference to make any generalizations about style, power, and level of play.

Each of the conferences has its share of good and bad teams, good and bad fans, and good and bad rivalries, even the Patriot.

Looking forward to the game Saturday. Also looking forward to watching our boys whip Lehigh's ***.

Three to go.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Trip to Fargo BOOKED! LGA ---> MSP ---> Rental Car ---> Fargo ----> Victory!

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM
s
Gil I am merely responding to the general tenor of this and threads on other boards. Of course, Many of the posts, yours included, are supportive of NDSU. Hell, no problem with anyone supporting their team and arguing why they will win.Just very tired of hearing the same cr*p yr after yr, from so many posters that LU not good enf, conuference too weak, schedule too weak. We beat CAA champ and the response by many is not that lehigh is any good but rather that CAA is weak

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
s
Gil I am merely responding to the general tenor of this and threads on other boards. Of course, Many of the posts, yours included, are supportive of NDSU. Hell, no problem with anyone supporting their team and arguing why they will win.Just very tired of hearing the same cr*p yr after yr, from so many posters that LU not good enf, conuference too weak, schedule too weak. We beat CAA champ and the response by many is not that lehigh is any good but rather that CAA is weak

Wasn't that the argument when LU went in to beat UNI last year? That the MVFC was weak?

LehighU11
December 5th, 2011, 09:35 AM
If we get zero sacks and no knockdowns you guys will win for sure. With that bieng said I have a hard time believing that will happen, I think the crucial thing will be if we can get consistent pressure with just the 4 down lineman or not. If we do that I think it will be a long day for Lehigh, but if we have to start blitzing a lot to get any pressure we will be in trouble with how talented and experienced Lum is.

I agree. I was somewhat surprised with how little pressure there was on Lum the entire game. He did have to scramble a bit to make some passes, but they were always completions for gains. Your line looks to be much bigger than Towson's smaller, athletic bunch. Should be a great matchup between a D with size and an experienced and talented Lehigh O-line.

Doc QB
December 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Well that's a low blow but it seems that the whole movement would be counter-intuitive. Would those women be saying they couldn't or shouldn't be engineers? If I was a female in the school of engineering I would be offended.

"Mountain Hawks" reminds me of all of the "new" mascots of the last 20 years. Look at minor league baseball, every team has to have some dopey descriptor word in it. Timber Rattlers, Rail Cats, etc. Stupid.

Not sure where the 'low blow' is in there, just some facts from the inside that missed the media. If referring to someones uncloseted/open sexual orientation is a low blow, then I am certainly guilty. Being friends with two of the most vocal would argue against any malice. I thought it more ironic, that the girls fighting the fight for a less "manly" mascot were in fact, kinda manly.

There was also a very powerful but silent group on campus afraid to fight hard for the Engineers (and against those girls) for fear of it being construed as "Anti-Lesbain." So how is that fair either?

My father and I own NOTHING with the Hawk on it, just old LU gear we kept from practice, games, travel, wore on the sidelines, etc. Sadly, its all getting kinda old and beat up.

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Wasn't that the argument when LU went in to beat UNI last year? That the MVFC was weak?

YUP,must admit tho there was some truth to that as UNI had 7-4 record as Champ. But same thing was said when we beat W. Ill.
No doubt PL is not as strong a conference yr in and yr out as SoCon,CAA or MV. That reflects in our schedule. Those facts do not preclude Lehigh from being a very good team. For us this is a perfect storm of a season .

THE HERD
December 5th, 2011, 09:53 AM
After Lehigh beat the CAA champ at there place, respect and props need to be given to that team and whether or not CAA is a little down this year doesn't matter one bit. The CAA is one of the top three conferences every year, so beating Towson at thier house tells me that we are in for a dog fight. I look forward to seeing how our D does against a team that likes to throw it all over the field. As I said in a an earlier post..if we get pressure(not necessarily sacks, but pressure) with just our front four I think we win, but if we have to blitz to get pressure its gonna get interesting. Obviously I like our chances, but it is clear that Lehigh is good enough to come in here and get a w if we don't play well. Turn overs are always a big factor in any game and even more so in the playoffs, so if either team has two or more to's they are probably gonna lose and everything else goes out the window.

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 10:00 AM
After Lehigh beat the CAA champ at there place, respect and props need to be given to that team and whether or not CAA is a little down this year doesn't matter one bit. The CAA is one of the top three conferences every year, so beating Towson at thier house tells me that we are in for a dog fight. I look forward to seeing how our D does against a team that likes to throw it all over the field. As I said in a an earlier post..if we get pressure(not necessarily sacks, but pressure) with just our front four I think we win, but if we have to blitz to get pressure its gonna get interesting. Obviously I like our chances, but it is clear that Lehigh is good enough to come in here and get a w if we don't play well. Turn overs are always a big factor in any game and even more so in the playoffs, so if either team has two or more to's they are probably gonna lose and everything else goes out the window.

Shoud be a hell of a game. Match up of your front 4 and our OL will go long way to determine game. if you can pressure Lum consistently w/o blitzing it will be a long flight home for us. Of course , I dont think you will. If you have to blitz Lum will have a field day. Our trouble as long as I can remember is being able to last. last yr played UDel dead even until mid 3rd then wore out. We have more depth this yr and we did not fade vs TU, in fact we got stronger. That said NDSU a better team methinks than TU

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
@The Herd....I completely agree. There hasn't been one team this year that was particularly successful at pressuring Lum. He's absolutely deadly given time and he's the smartest QB Lehigh has seen in a long time (besides not sliding when he should).

I took at look at some NDSU highlight film this morning. Your offense doesn't strike me as particularly fast. Is that accurate? How's your QB's accuracy? Doesn't seem to be a lot of big throws in the highlights.

RichH2
December 5th, 2011, 10:12 AM
@The Herd....I completely agree. There hasn't been one team this year that was particularly successful at pressuring Lum. He's absolutely deadly given time and he's the smartest QB Lehigh has seen in a long time (besides not sliding when he should).

I took at look at some NDSU highlight film this morning. Your offense doesn't strike me as particularly fast. Is that accurate? How's your QB's accuracy? Doesn't seem to be a lot of big throws in the highlights.

Think he only has 2 INTs for the year. Watched as much video as I could get. They beat you into submission with power run attack, pass only to break up the monotony. Dave will scheme their D. They have lots of gaps. Of course Chris needs to be upright to exploit them

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Think he only has 2 INTs for the year. Watched as much video as I could get. They beat you into submission with power run attack, pass only to break up the monotony. Dave will scheme their D. They have lots of gaps. Of course Chris needs to be upright to exploit them

Not to mention tackles on concrete are way worse than tackles on spongy carpet.

LehighGuy
December 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Not to mention tackles on concrete are way worse than tackles on spongy carpet.

Yea, what's with this turf situation people keep alluding to? I don't think it's going to be an issue. Turf conditions are something for fans to argue about on message board but players never even think about. I'm just curious...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Yea, what's with this turf situation people keep alluding to? I don't think it's going to be an issue. Turf conditions are something for fans to argue about on message board but players never even think about. I'm just curious...

Ask Tirrell Rennie about whether he was thinking about all those turf conditions when he could only go 3 quarters. This isn't Johnny Unitas stadium. This is the cold steel, brick and painted concrete of the Fargodome where you will be greeted by 8000 more fans cranking up 100+ decibels.

344Johnson
December 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM

NDSU plays on the concrete Astroturf. If you aren't used to playing on it, getting tackled hurts something awful. It is something that the Lehigh players will notice it (or forget everything) the first time they smack their head on it. It also causes a lot of injuries.

LEHIGH61
December 5th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds like the turf should be banned.
NDSU plays on the concrete Astroturf. If you aren't used to playing on it, getting tackled hurts something awful. It is something that the Lehigh players will notice it (or forget everything) the first time they smack their head on it. It also causes a lot of injuries.

344Johnson
December 5th, 2011, 10:37 AM

The offense won't beat you with speed. They will beat you by running you over at the LOS and making holes for 2 very talented running backs. The passing game is generally very conservative...but can be good when needed (22-25 vs. UNI). Our QB has definitely not been as accurate since his turf-toe injury but still a pretty accurate guy. He doesn't make many mistakes. He is a very capable player. A big reason you won't see NDSU throw for many yards or TD's is because as soon as we get a lead, we run the ball A LOT.

On defense, we hit the quarterback quite a bit...not always a ton of sacks, but if you keep dropping back, typically we get to you. Our D-Line doesn't really get tired because we are able to rotate 8-9 guys consistently. We give up our share of yards...as it has been stated on here about a million times, Tampa 2 gives up yards....not points. Very opportunistic as well, we have quite a few interceptions. You guys might not buy the Marcus Williams hype, but he is good. He dropped a couple of picks last game...but typically if he gets his hands on it, it is going the other way, often times for 6.

The crowd...we like to bring us up because we like to feel important. But ask any team who has came into the dome this year (UNI and JMU especially) how it can get in there. When your team has a 3rd down....it can be deafening. It will provide a different feel to it than any other venue in the country...not necessarily better, but definitely different. Anyone who makes the trip out to Fargo from Lehigh(South Mountain area? Pretty close to Gettysburg?) will thoroughly enjoy the trip barring NDSU blowing out Lehigh(unlikely).

344Johnson
December 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Sounds like the turf should be banned.

It should be, but thats probably why we've kept it for so long ;) New turf next year, won't be a concern anymore.

LEHIGH61
December 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Arrogance and ignorance. You hit the nail in the head. Has Lehigh ever lost to a team in that league? I know we beat HIGHLY FAVORED Western Illinois by 37-7 in 2000. Western Illinois was considered the best in the field at that time. I'll never forget it. Lehigh completely dominated and the Western Illinois defense spent much of the timecompletely confused. And who was responsible? - I think it was Coach Dave Cecchini!.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Arrogance and ignorance. You hit the nail in the head. Has Lehigh ever lost to a team in that league? I know we beat HIGHLY FAVORED Western Illinois by 37-7 in 2000. Western Illinois was considered the best in the field at that time. I'll never forget it. Lehigh completely dominated and the Western Illinois defense spent much of the timecompletely confused. And who was responsible? - I think it was Coach Dave Cecchini!.

You realize NDSU was still division II then and all of these kids were in elementary school in 2000, right?

LUHawker
December 5th, 2011, 10:47 AM

What is the playing surface at the UNI Dome? That looked similar to AstroTurf, but I don't recall.