PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE ESPN3!

mainejeff
December 3rd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Good stuff!xthumbsupx

BEAR
December 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Not me. xlolx. I've got cable internet and that crap kept freezing up....much like the UCA offense. xlolx xlolx

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
got three game going right now - awesome...

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
ESPN3 + Xbox live = winning!

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
I keep having to stop to remember which game I'm listening to - it's causing me some cognitive dissonance with all these games up.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah I've gone with no sound...
I was becoming insane

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
At least we can turn Lehigh/Towson off now.

Hammerhead
December 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
At least it allowed us to watch the 1st 30 minutes of the JMU @ NDSU game. I thought it was odd that they only scheduled 3 hours for the previous game.

gsu6trophies
December 3rd, 2011, 06:23 PM
The video was really crappy when i tried to watch 4 screens. Is that my int or espn?

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
The video was really crappy when i tried to watch 4 screens. Is that my int or espn?

That's a TON of bandwidth - I'm going to report you to your ISP

xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
I've had ESPN3 wired via S-Video from my old laptop into an even older 27" JVC flatscreen, all afternoon. Five different games and not a single problem. GREAT afternoon of football, IMHO.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
I've had ESPN3 wired via S-Video from my old laptop into an even older 27" JVC flatscreen, all afternoon. Five different games and not a single problem. GREAT afternoon of football, IMHO.

Really S-video? I would've thought a hedge fund manager, or whatever it is PL graduates do these days, could afford better.

Bam
December 3rd, 2011, 06:51 PM
ESPN3 blows! EKU was live on ESPNU just a week ago and that's the bottom line. Wooooooo!

GAD
December 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
ESPN 3 is COOL! watch the GSU vs ODU no problems at all

GAD
December 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'm watching the Mississippi 5A state championship on ESPN 3 right now.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2011, 08:29 PM
Really S-video? I would've thought a hedge fund manager, or whatever it is PL graduates do these days, could afford better.

I was hand-wiring composite digital video even before you were hatched in the coop, nitiwit. What I have works better, and I built it myself. My guess is that you're the store-bought type. Suits your intellect, I suppose. I can just imagine the gaping, blank stare on your face.

PL graduates create and build. We invent and design the things that partially-educated, hapless hedge fund managers think they can trade once we're done making our fortunes from creations you never heard of.

You are so out of you league, arse-wipe. You have no idea.

HailSzczur
December 3rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Used to use ESPN 3 a lot for Nova bball at home. First time we used wireless internet and the quality was very poor. After buying a 50ft cable though combined with an HDMI cord worked perfect on our 37". Brought my HDMI cord with me to Nova and we rig up the projector in the our lounge with it and it works great. Thank god we get ESPN 3 here.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
I was hand-wiring composite digital video even before you were hatched in the coop, nitiwit. What I have works better, and I built it myself. My guess is that you're the store-bought type. Suits your intellect, I suppose. I can just imagine the gaping, blank stare on your face.

PL graduates create and build. We invent and design the things that partially-educated, hapless hedge fund managers think they can trade once we're done making our fortunes from creations you never heard of.

Strong Smack Post..!!!
as a moderator I fully support this style of trash talking

Here's what makes this special - for those of you interested in learning what makes socially acceptable smack

1) The name calling is limited and reasonable
2) The trash talk is about "what I can do" not necessarily degrading others... (although by default all smack is a form of defamation)
3) It's got a little bit of the old "Get off my lawn you damn kids" tone to it... (that I personally enjoy)
4) It's descriptive - a complete explanation of the situation - instead of jumping right to name calling and belittling

That's quality smack right there ladies and gentlemen...
Please take careful notes as we move forward

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Name calling is where its at. You're soft cleets.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
You forgot that it had just enough typos to make it appear typed quickly, but not so few as to think it was thought about in a super careful thought-out manner. I too enjoy!

(Though in fairness, the smack he was smacking was actually a shot at a now-banned user).

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Name calling is where its at. You're soft cleets.

xshhhx Shhh... let's keep that on the down low

mtbigdog
December 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Great Day of FCS football today! But most of all Thank-you E.S.P.N. !
Merry Christmas from MONTANA !! Good Job! Griz,Bobcats,and Saints !

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
You forgot that it had just enough typos to make it appear typed quickly, but not so few as to think it was thought about in a super careful thought-out manner. I too enjoy!

(Though in fairness, the smack he was smacking was actually a shot at a now-banned user).

Who's that?

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:37 PM

Composite digital video?

I was thinking DVI and HDMI were the only digital video interconnects for consumer electronics.

LU90
ESPN3 + Xbox live = winning!

Can't say I didn't know it, but never really thought about that option until your post. Watching the replay now. Much better on a 50" plasma than a laptop computer screen.

Now just have to keep the kids off the Xbox next Saturday for 3 or 4 hours.

Twentysix
I love espn3 also. I would even more love ESPN3 if my ISP offered it.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Can't say I didn't know it, but never really thought about that option until your post. Watching the replay now. Much better on a 50" plasma than a laptop computer screen.

Now just have to keep the kids off the Xbox next Saturday for 3 or 4 hours.

Or an HDMI cord, if your laptop supports that output.

Squealofthepig
December 3rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Who's that?

Oh, some "Princeton" grad with a hard-on for being a troll without nary a clue on how to successfully be one who decided our Lehigh posters weren't clearly associated with evil, so decided to try to make that come to fruition. Personally, I think it was the same "attorney" who was recently disavowed by the Burzynski Clinic, but that's another thing. :)

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 09:51 PM
4 games with sound down.... awesome day 26 xsalutexxsalutexxsalutex

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM
4 games with sound down.... awesome day 26 xsalutexxsalutexxsalutex

Agreed..!!!
Once I figured out that I actually did not want the game audio (which was almost immediately) I just put on some music and watched a honey badger load of games

swaghook
December 3rd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Strong Smack Post..!!!
as a moderator I fully support this style of trash talking

Here's what makes this special - for those of you interested in learning what makes socially acceptable smack

1) The name calling is limited and reasonable
2) The trash talk is about "what I can do" not necessarily degrading others... (although by default all smack is a form of defamation)
3) It's got a little bit of the old "Get off my lawn you damn kids" tone to it... (that I personally enjoy)
4) It's descriptive - a complete explanation of the situation - instead of jumping right to name calling and belittling

That's quality smack right there ladies and gentlemen...
Please take careful notes as we move forward

And it doesn't hurt that he is smacking a poster who talks out of an orifice south of the one most others use.