PDA

View Full Version : ESPN FCS Playoff Article

TheEagleWay
December 2nd, 2011, 10:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7303497/ncaa-football-championship-series-playoffs-seven-reasons-watch

I-16Bandit
December 2nd, 2011, 02:05 PM
Is it just me, or did anybody else think that this whole article was a joke? An article about the FCS PLAYOFFS, and they still want to talk about the Bama-LSU rematch. Instead of advertising the games that are being played this weekend in the FCS PLAYOFFS, the article ends with all of the FBS games this weekend, with a brief summary for each game. I felt that they continually made digs at the FCS. For example:

And unlike your NCAA tournament basketball pool, which is always won by some idiot who knows nothing about college basketball, you'll have a good shot to win this pool. Why? Because you'll be the idiot who knows nothing about FCS football.

And this was one of the "Seven Reasons to Watch FCS Playoffs"...? Just seems like offensive sarcasm.

Super geniuses

As we all know, one of the reasons the BCS conference commissioners say a playoff can't work at their level is because players would miss too much class time. Yet FCS players make it through an entire playoff schedule, and the vast majority of them don't fail out of school because of it. Amazing. Either our BCS friends are being disingenuous or FCS players are practically geniuses. It must be the latter. They're like muscular Einsteins. Buckle those chinstraps tight, boys! We don't want you to hurt your super computer brains.

Playoff football

The BCS gives FBS football a regular season that matters. A playoff format gives the FCS a postseason that matters. Also, the FCS regular season also matters because there are a limited number of playoff spots. Hmmm. They might be onto something down there. Must be the big brains.

And what is with the CAA dick sucking?

**** E$PN.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Is it just me, or did anybody else think that this whole article was a joke? An article about the FCS PLAYOFFS, and they still want to talk about the Bama-LSU rematch. Instead of advertising the games that are being played this weekend in the FCS PLAYOFFS, the article ends with all of the FBS games this weekend, with a brief summary for each game. I felt that they continually made digs at the FCS. For example:

And this was one of the "Seven Reasons to Watch FCS Playoffs"...? Just seems like offensive sarcasm.

And what is with the CAA dick sucking?

**** E$PN.

I will bet that's someone who only took a cursory look at the field (maybe one of the dopes who say "lose or go home") and saw that the CAA has 5 teams and equated that with dominance. We all know that isn't true.

mainejeff
December 2nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
ESPN is filled with FBS grads........it's like a big FBS frat house. Too bad that only about 8-10 FBS programs really matter.

asumike83
December 2nd, 2011, 02:17 PM
It was supposed to be funny, as anything on Page 2 is (such as the Georgia Southern "Cupcake of the Week" article a few weeks ago). However, I did not find it offensive to the FCS at all. If anything, he was bashing the FBS and their ridiculous 'classroom' excuse for not having a playoff.

I enjoyed the article.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
It was supposed to be funny, as anything on Page 2 is (such as the Georgia Southern "Cupcake of the Week" article a few weeks ago). However, I did not find it offensive to the FCS at all. If anything, he was bashing the FBS and their ridiculous 'classroom' excuse for not having a playoff.

I enjoyed the article.
I think that's how anyone with half a brain would have interpreted it. Friggin GSU grads...

DFW HOYA
December 2nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Has anyone asked why ESPN would "buy" the rights to the playoffs and immediately ignore itr?

Well, that's content that doesn't go to CBS or Versus, that's why.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
Has anyone asked why ESPN would "buy" the rights to the playoffs and immediately ignore itr?

Well, that's content that doesn't go to CBS or Versus, that's why.

And only offer the games on pay-per-view when fans in Montana started setting ESPN bonfires?

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/120-espn-dont-mess-with-our-playoff-games

You do wonder what might happen if Turner, CBS or Versus put in a competitive bid for those same games.

danefan
December 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM

I enjoyed the article.

+1

Wildcat80
December 2nd, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hey all in all a good article. Remember FCS has PLAYOFFS!! If not noone would be playing anymore games!

DJnva
December 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Gotta love a "Reasons to Watch" article about something ESPN is doing their best not to show to everyone.

Cleets
December 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Gotta love a "Reasons to Watch" article about something ESPN is doing their best not to show to everyone.

Is that an example of irony..?

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
I liked the article especially with a little shout out to Brian Quick!

asujch
December 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
I liked the article especially with a little shout out to Brian Quick!

+1