PDA

View Full Version : How much noise will cause a team to have to forfeit?

GSU Eagle
December 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM
I just read all the thread about the NSU fan demanding a forfeit from ODU. I am still laughing. That has to be the single dumbest thing I have ever read.

I would say several teams this weekend better control their fans if this NSU fan has his way. There may be several forfeits.

Squealofthepig
December 1st, 2011, 09:55 PM
I just read all the thread about the NSU fan demanding a forfeit from ODU. I am still laughing. That has to be the single dumbest thing I have ever read.

I would say several teams this weekend better control their fans if this NSU fan has his way. There may be several forfeits.

As a Griz fan, I guess the only thing to do is to follow Nick Cave's advice:

"If we all join hands and very quietly shout... hallelujah!"

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 2nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
Depending on the fart, it's not how loud, but rather how silent and deadly in relation to the size of the locker room. I can think of a pregnant woman or two that might give good cause for a forfeit.

That's how ridiculous the topic of this thread is. xbangx

UIWWildthing
December 2nd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Depending on the fart, it's not how loud, but rather how silent and deadly in relation to the size of the locker room. I can think of a pregnant woman or two that might give good cause for a forfeit.

That's how ridiculous the topic of this thread is. xbangx
I will also add this: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will clear a room faster than a corn poop in a diaper. That's a forfeit in my book

Smitty
December 2nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
I know that if a band plays while the ball is in play it could cause a penalty for the home team (the team the band is representing)...

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 2nd, 2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe someone who knows quite a bit about rules can help me out here. I seem to remember that there was a rule that was done away with about 15-20 years ago that did allow for a penalty to be called against the home team if its crowd was too loud when the opposing team was on offense. For some reason I have this stuck in my head, and I'm not sure if that was ever the case. Any AGSer's know if this rule ever existed?

andy7171
December 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Maybe someone who knows quite a bit about rules can help me out here. I seem to remember that there was a rule that was done away with about 15-20 years ago that did allow for a penalty to be called against the home team if its crowd was too loud when the opposing team was on offense. For some reason I have this stuck in my head, and I'm not sure if that was ever the case. Any AGSer's know if this rule ever existed?

Wasn't that a NFL rule.

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 2nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Wasn't that a NFL rule.

That is probably what I'm thinking of, seems like an odd rule to begin with.

cbarrier90
December 2nd, 2011, 11:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vMunem6nw

Apphole
December 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
I know that if a band plays while the ball is in play it could cause a penalty for the home team (the team the band is representing)...

At one of our away games this year (I'm pretty sure it was Furman), the ref actually stopped the game and asked for the stadium workers to stop playing music during play.

TwoFeathers
December 2nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Freaking hilarious thread. Must have been their first time at a football game.

TwoFeathers
December 2nd, 2011, 11:41 AM
At one of our away games this year (I'm pretty sure it was Furman), the ref actually stopped the game and asked for the stadium workers to stop playing music during play.

I can see that. I was at the W&M vs. ODU game, and the W&M band kept playing after the play clock had started. I thought they were going to get a call...

Uncle Rico's Clan
December 2nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks cbarrier90, that rule was ridiculous.

cannonballgsu
December 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM

WOW. Penalize the team for the crowd???

Glad that rule changed. Nothing better than causing a TO/Delay/False Start with crowd noise. It's part of the home field advantage.

GaSouthern
December 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
I don't mind crowd noise at all, but I think it is pretty tasteless if the band is playing during a play. Only team i've ever seen penalized for this was the HBCU Savannah State, it was like they had no idea they were there for a football game and were trying to put on a non-stop performance while the game was going on, even playing while their own team was on the field.

6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern
December 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM

That has to be the most ridiculous penalty ever. Crowds are supposed to make it as hard as possible on the opposing team.

appfan2008
December 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM

was there and honestly couldnt believe it... or how the team was playing but i guess that is a different thread!