PDA

View Full Version : CSJ: ESPN, Don't Mess With Our Playoff Games

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/120-espn-dont-mess-with-our-playoff-games

At the conclusion of the Central Arkansas Bears' 34-14 victory over Tennessee tech, Bears special teams player Rojae Jackson wrote on a coaches' marker board, "See y'all in Montana."

Oddly enough, the fact that not enough people would potential be able to "see" Central Arkansas vs. Montana — and also New Hampshire at Montana State, the other Treasure State playoff game that will be contested this weekend — that caused a huge stir in Montana last week.

Some college football fans think that FCS playoffs do not inflame the same passions as the big-money bowl system. But anyone who saw pictures of Montana and Montana State fans burning ESPN signs as a form of protest ought to revise their thinking.

The outrage in Montana wasn't only a win for Montana and Montana State fans - but also fans across the country, who will now be able to watch the games in viewing parties in bars and restaurants across the country.

SeattleGriz
December 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the article LFN. I was amazed at how many FCS fans were saying what babies Montanans were and how ESPN would never relent. Now those same naysayers are able to watch their team on Gameplan if they choose.

danefan
December 1st, 2011, 03:19 PM
It was just stupid for ESPN to not push a single stupid button and put the feeds on Gameplan.

They do no more work and yet they make more money. I'm amazed it took them so long to figure it out.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the article LFN. I was amazed at how many FCS fans were saying what babies Montanans were and how ESPN would never relent. Now those same naysayers are able to watch their team on Gameplan if they choose.

IMO, babies don't make ESPN-themed bonfires. xlolx

Seriously, it's true, Montana's victory resonates through the country. I know of two local eating establishments around here that are televising Lehigh/Towson thanks to Gameplan that may not have done so otherwise. xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
December 1st, 2011, 03:26 PM
IMO, babies don't make ESPN-themed bonfires. xlolx

Seriously, it's true, Montana's victory resonates through the country. I know of two local eating establishments around here that are televising Lehigh/Towson thanks to Gameplan that may not have done so otherwise. xthumbsupx

This.

Phrebert
December 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
The bonfires were started to keep warm, not offend ESPN

bojeta
December 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/79-college-sports-journal/chuck-burton/120-espn-dont-mess-with-our-playoff-games

The outrage in Montana wasn't only a win for Montana and Montana State fans - but also fans across the country, who will now be able to watch the games in viewing parties in bars and restaurants across the country.

+1

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
I should have sent espn some pepper spray.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 1st, 2011, 05:56 PM
Heck of a job there LFN.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the accolades. There is something I absolutely love about that bonfire.

Grizzaholic
December 2nd, 2011, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the accolades. There is something I absolutely love about that bonfire.

Closet Pyro.