PDA

View Full Version : 8 Playoff wonders of the FCS world

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
You have to admit that this Saturday is a college football orgy for FCS fans, 7 great games and the annual slaughter up in snowy Montana. Very interesting match ups await us and none of us really have a good idea of what to expect.

Will Lehigh finally advance to the round of 8? I think they have a good chance as they have more mojo than most give them credit for despite the weak conference

Will Stoney Brook shock the play it again next year Sammy? they just might, one thing for sure is Stoney is getting no love around here but I like the RB tandem

does anyone really have a good feel for Wofford vs Northern Iowa? that dome homefield advantdage myth has crumbled in recent years

Will JMU not be destroyed out in Fargo? you Bisons seem a tad bit overconfident
but it might just be warranted, just be careful with JMU as they do have more skill players than what you might be used to

Can New Hampshire win on the road only to be eliminated next week? of course they will

Another cocky bunch is the Gata crowd just south of south of the Border - will ODU march in to Statesboro and light you guys up via the air? who knows, but one thing for sure is I wouldnt get to excited about the way you played Alabama, wont help you on Saturday. KC Keeler staff providing input on how to crush the TO.

Another head scratcher is the Maine game, Off the top of my head, I dont remember who they are playing but I do know Cosgrove keeps telling his team that the oppositon on Saturday aint that good anymore and this game is yours for the taking.... just look what Nova did to them

have I missed anyone or that far offbase?

gsugt1
December 1st, 2011, 07:19 AM
You
Another cocky bunch is the Gata crowd just south of south of the Border - will ODU march in to Statesboro and light you guys up via the air? who knows, but one thing for sure is I wouldnt get to excited about the way you played Alabama, wont help you on Saturday. KC Keeler staff providing input on how to crush the TO.

?
We'll be fine .. just don't turn the ball over and we win. Hope KC enjoys watching other teams play on Saturday from his couch.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
We'll be fine .. just don't turn the ball over and we win. Hope KC enjoys watching other teams play on Saturday from his couch.

Keeler's plan wouldn't work this year anyway. They were forcing us to pitch, this year that's what we like doing.....but oh wait we can establish the dive now as well. Our perimeter blocking is much better than it was last year. If we could have consistently blocked Bratton at UD we would have ran all over them.

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
You have to admit that this Saturday is a college football orgy for FCS fans, 7 great games and the annual slaughter up in snowy Montana. Very interesting match ups await us and none of us really have a good idea of what to expect.

Will Lehigh finally advance to the round of 8? I think they have a good chance as they have more mojo than most give them credit for despite the weak conference

Will Stoney Brook shock the play it again next year Sammy? they just might, one thing for sure is Stoney is getting no love around here but I like the RB tandem

does anyone really have a good feel for Wofford vs Northern Iowa? that dome homefield advantdage myth has crumbled in recent years

Will JMU not be destroyed out in Fargo? you Bisons seem a tad bit overconfident
but it might just be warranted, just be careful with JMU as they do have more skill players than what you might be used to

Can New Hampshire win on the road only to be eliminated next week? of course they will

Another head scratcher is the Maine game, Off the top of my head, I dont remember who they are playing but I do know Cosgrove keeps telling his team that the oppositon on Saturday aint that good anymore and this game is yours for the taking.... just look what Nova did to them

have I missed anyone or that far offbase?

Is there some new rule I don't know about? People keep telling us Midwesterners that the east coast teams have more "skill players" than we are used to. Do the east coast teams get more scholarships than we do?

UD77
December 1st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Keeler's plan wouldn't work this year anyway. They were forcing us to pitch, this year that's what we like doing.....but oh wait we can establish the dive now as well. Our perimeter blocking is much better than it was last year. If we could have consistently blocked Bratton at UD we would have ran all over them.

If we still had Bratton we would be in the playoffs this year - great player that was able to control a game.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM
If we still had Bratton we would be in the playoffs this year - great player that was able to control a game.

I will agree that he lit us up on the edge, but I'd like to see how he'd fair against us this year with the way we've improved on perimeter blocking and establishing the B-Back.

JMUNJ08
December 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
Is there some new rule I don't know about? People keep telling us Midwesterners that the east coast teams have more "skill players" than we are used to. Do the east coast teams get more scholarships than we do?

No but JMU has access to the Tidewater area and others that are more known for producing fast athletic players while the Midwest might be more physical and grind it out style. I present SEC football to Big 10.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM

No, not a rule, more of a result based claim

Bear1
December 1st, 2011, 08:45 AM
You know, im not so sure that the Keeler plan worked last year. I watched that game and it looked to me like GSU was moving the ball at will. I think that the turnovers are what beat them. Better to be lucky than good. Not to take anything away from the Hens they won the game and thats all that matters, but if GSU turns the ball over 2 times(not 5) I think they win that game by 14pts. I think ODU better bring a rabbits foot and whatever lucky charms they have if they even want to stay in the game in this weekend.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
No but JMU has access to the Tidewater area and others that are more known for producing fast athletic players while the Midwest might be more physical and grind it out style. I present SEC football to Big 10.

I'm not gonna lie, the whole illusion that the Southeast produces far superior athletes is getting out of hand. Keep drinkin' the kool aid. It ain't gonna help your chances come Saturday.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
You know, im not so sure that the Keeler plan worked last year.

Please, will guys just let it go, I am sorry I brought Keeler up, so much more to talk about with all these games this weekend

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
No, not a rule, more of a result based claim

According to...... you?

Twentysix

Good thing we dont recruit in texas and arizona. Also good that we have those slow north dakotan/Minnesotan's like ryan smith and marcus williams.

Bison06

That may be true that you have access to more, but with the exact same number of scholarships available you can't have any more than us anyway so what is the difference?

Big Ten vs. SEC? This speed advantage is a myth created by the media. Better football always looks faster and more fluid, as for an actual speed advantage that JMU might have over NDSU, I call BS.

When I played at NDSU, two of our starting receivers were running 10.2 100M. Outside of world class track and field athletes they don't get any faster than that.

Thunderstruck
December 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM

I'm confused, that is FBS, what does that have to do with FCS?

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
According to...... you?

Nope, accoridng to the past 35 years or so of 1AA/FCS champs, while not totally shut out, midwest has pretty much been domintated

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 08:55 AM
Nope, accoridng to the past 35 years or so of 1AA/FCS champs, while not totally shut out, midwest has pretty much been domintated

And the midwest has what 6 teams to the other 120? If the eastcoast had 4 teams and the midwest had 135, I gurantee you the midwest would have all the championships.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 08:56 AM

So the East coast has won every year the FCS has been in existence PLUS a few more years when it wasn't?

Bear1
December 1st, 2011, 08:57 AM
Barry Alvarez(former head coach and current AD at Wisconsin) said it best. "Our heart and soul comes form Wisconsin but our hands and feet come from the south".

BEAR
December 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM

Glad you're so confident. xrolleyesx

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 08:59 AM
Barry Alvarez(former head coach and current AD at Wisconsin) said it best. "Our heart and soul comes form Wisconsin but our hands and feet come from the south".

So now us Midwestern FCS teams are being compared to Wisconsin? I guess I could take this as a compliment...

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM
And the midwest has what 6 teams to the other 120? If the eastcoast had 4 teams and the midwest had 135, I gurantee you the midwest would have all the championships.

only 6 teams in the midwest? Maybe you guys should merge like the Europeans in attempt to create a real all in one team/currency like the Euro..... oooooops, that didnt work out so well did it

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-team-map/

I'm sure you have seen this map before, but a simple statistical analysis would tell us that the amount of champions coming from the west is commensurate with the number of teams in said area. Also, you may want to note that 2 of those teams in the west, USD and UND are not currently eligible for the FCS playoff and have had no chance to add to the total and NDSU and SDSU have just recently been added to the map. Doesn't take too long to figure out why most of the champions come from the east.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:19 AM
ok, but you could have just said we have been dominated because _(insert your post here)_

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
ok, but you could have just said we have been dominated because _(insert your post here)_

Give it a few years, NDSU will make everyone forget about Delaware:)

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
They already did, we are the most popular topic on the internet. xlolx

344Johnson
December 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not gonna lie, the whole illusion that the Southeast produces far superior athletes is getting out of hand. Keep drinkin' the kool aid. It ain't gonna help your chances come Saturday.

The southeast US loves football more than life itself. A lot of good players in SEC country come from other places but the majority are local boys. They are good. I don't know that it translates the same to FCS football, but I've been wrong before. The CAA is considered probably the deepest conference..yet that area of FBS teams are honestly average with the exception of Va Tech.

A lot of NDSU skill players come from places like Illinois, Texas, and the Cities. Not exactly small-time population places and since Minnesota doesn't always offer the good local kids, we snatch them up. Texas has such a wealth of riches that we are able to snag good players from down there too. Sometimes I think NDSU uses the Ohio State model. Get the best local kids to do the dirty work, go elsewhere to find your other guys.

That said, should be a good game this Saturday. Hopefully two teams come to do battle with one another and the good guys win.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:27 AM
I am starting to "warm Up" to you Bison fans a bit, you dont seem as irritating as advertised in other threads...by the way, where are all the Appy State fans?

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
I am starting to "warm Up" to you Bison fans a bit, you dont seem as irritating as advertised in other threads...by the way, where are all the Appy State fans?

Making banjo's for our oil deal.

344Johnson
December 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM

Watching Armanti Edwards highlight reels.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:31 AM

thats right, all of you land owners up there are about to be millionaires - fools gold, Texas Tee, when the Appy crowd gets up there they might make a TV show.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
thats right, all of you land owners up there are about to be millionaires - fools gold, Texas Tee, when the Appy crowd gets up there they might make a TV show.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700201011/Number-of-ND-income-millionaires-jumps-by-148.html

40% rise in millionares in 1 year.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700201011/Number-of-ND-income-millionaires-jumps-by-148.html

40% rise in millionares in 1 year.

whats the name of the town up in the nw corner of the state, sounds like 1849 all over again, Fargo the new city by the hayxlolx

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM
No idea what you mean. Also fargo is on the eastern border.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7690/spaceshot.png

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM

Already tailgating at The Rock and got the ribs slow cookin on the grill and the single malt neat which is nice and cool in the mountain air. App fans can't preduct much as this years team is so unpredictable. Hope the good side of Team Sybil shows up and Maine hasn't figured out a way to dress out Nova's former do everything running back because he did everything to us last year.

NDSU_grad
December 1st, 2011, 09:46 AM
whats the name of the town up in the nw corner of the state, sounds like 1849 all over again, Fargo the new city by the hayxlolx

Williston?

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
thats the one... what's going on in that small town?

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
thats the one... what's going on in that small town?

Strippers making more than they make in vegas?

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:52 AM
No idea what you mean. Also fargo is on the eastern border.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7690/spaceshot.png

I was equivilating this modern day black gold rush to the one that happend back in 1849, San Francisco 49érs - City by the Bay - Fargo becomes City by the Hay

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:55 AM
but who's stuffing the dollar bills?

People who had southern speed in college, and are now migrant workers.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:57 AM
People who had southern speed in college, and are now migrant workers.
migrant workers??? to cold for tomatoes.. I was thinking boom town... are you going to make me google this to get closer to the truth

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
Already tailgating at The Rock and got the ribs slow cookin on the grill and the single malt neat which is nice and cool in the mountain air. App fans can't preduct much as this years team is so unpredictable. Hope the good side of Team Sybil shows up and Maine hasn't figured out a way to dress out Nova's former do everything running back because he did everything to us last year.

sounds good, is there a big screen showing the Appy vs Michigan game as well?

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 09:58 AM
That area of northdakota's population is something like 9 people per sqaure mile. And as you can see from that picture from the intl space station the bakken's light footprint is much larger than minneapolis's, minneapolis is ~3 million people.

People from the area do work in the oil setup, but it is alot of migrant workers.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
migrant workers??? to cold for tomatoes.. I was thinking boom town... are you going to make me google this to get closer to the truth

It's the oil workers in Willison and Crosby, way in the NW corner of the state, let me tell you that would be the ONLY reason to go there. In ND there are a few truisms: When you live in eastern ND, you feel superior to western ND, when you live in Fargo it is worse, when you are from South Fargo, you are way worse.

Born and raised in South Fargo

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
That area of northdakota's population is something like 9 people per sqaure mile. And as you can see from that picture from the intl space station the bakken's light footprint is much larger than minneapolis's, minneapolis is ~3 million people.

People from the area do work in the oil setup, but it is alot of migrant workers.

You would think with our unemployment rate near 10 pct, you would have some non migrant workers up there as well... I guess the strippers are one way to keep the money from going back to Hondouras

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM
You would think with our unemployment rate near 10 pct, you would have some non migrant workers up there as well... I guess the strippers are one way to keep the money from going back to Hondouras

Migrant workers refers to people from Missouri Louisiana Texas etc. They are american. ND's unemployment without the oil is 3.5%, we have jobs already.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
It's the oil workers in Willison and Crosby, way in the NW corner of the state, let me tell you that would be the ONLY reason to go there. In ND there are a few truisms: When you live in eastern ND, you feel superior to western ND, when you live in Fargo it is worse, when you are from South Fargo, you are way worse.

Born and raised in South Fargo

wow, didnt think they had snobs in Fargo

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 10:12 AM

It's all relative, although some Fargo people can be real elitists. Especially those damn South Fargo people.

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
It's all relative, although some Fargo people can be real elitists. Especially those damn South Fargo people.

I would bet the people that live in condo's on broadway are elitist.

RichH2
December 1st, 2011, 10:16 AM

Not real important but my cousin's have a ranch some miles outside fargo. Can verify Fargo superiority complex particularly in relation to anyone from SDAK or Western ND. Course your only talking a coupla dozen folks so not a big thingxrolleyesx

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 10:21 AM
any Wofford fans, Northern Iowa fans? I would like to hear about that game (not that I am bored with you Bisons) as well

ASUG8
December 1st, 2011, 10:37 AM

Clever, never heard a banjo reference before xscanx At least you got that oil deal going for ya xthumbsupx

It's good to have a solid history of highlights. Hoping to make a few more before it's over with :D

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Clever, never heard a banjo reference before xscanx At least you got that oil deal going for ya xthumbsupx

It's good to have a solid history of highlights. Hoping to make a few more before it's over with :D

Try and keep up http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102024-I-m-not-an-App-State-fan-persay-but...&p=1736940&viewfull=1#post1736940 xsmiley_wix

ASUG8
December 1st, 2011, 10:47 AM

Try and keep up http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102024-I-m-not-an-App-State-fan-persay-but...&p=1736940&viewfull=1#post1736940 xsmiley_wix

You truly are green, recycling "jokes" like that. Cudos. xthumbsupx

Twentysix
December 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM
You truly are green, recycling "jokes" like that. Cudos. xthumbsupx

And yellow. cpt planet!

GSUhooligan
December 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
the Southeast produces far superior athletes

That's code for we've got more brothas

http://www.fultonschools.org/teacher/fernandezj/AP_government_files/003_congress_demographics_africanamericans_general _map.png

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
alright, Puerto Rico made the map but no Alaska....

gotts
December 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM

All that snow is pretty white...

GSUhooligan
December 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM

It's there, but it's so white (both literally and figuratively) that it just blends into the background.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM

http://www.fultonschools.org/teacher/fernandezj/AP_government_files/003_congress_demographics_africanamericans_general _map.png

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/maps_and_graphs/2011/9/27/1317118921046/Gun-crime-map-of-America--007.jpg

I see a correlation. What's your point?

SpeedkingATL
December 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM

Actually a triple-header plus bonus feature showing at the duck pond: National Championship games from 05, 06, 07 and GaSo game from this year.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
where are the UNH Fans? I guess there all drinking gatorade so they wont dehydrate from all the crying they do during games... those guys are drama queens

DJnva
December 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM

JMU *did* have access to Tidewater. ODU has it on lock now ;)

AppChicago
December 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
I see a correlation. What's your point?

Look ma! A racist bison!

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM
Look ma! A racist bison!

haha I can make maps too!

AppChicago
December 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
haha I can make maps too!

Look ma! A racist cartographer!

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM
Look ma! A racist cartographer!

I was more aiming at the fact that the maps are meaningless.... or was I?

Grizzaholic
December 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM
I was more aiming at the fact that the maps are meaningless.... or was I?

Were you?

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 01:53 PM
Were you?

You'll never know. Think of it as the 9th Playoff wonder of the FCS world...

asumike83
December 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
You'll never know. Think of it as the 9th Playoff wonder of the FCS world...

I'm actually just impressed with your typing ability. I could never post 129 times in a month with a white hood obstructing my view of the monitor.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm actually just impressed with your typing ability. I could never post 129 times in a month with a white hood obstructing my view of the monitor.

Type enough and you don't have to look at the monitor to do so. The whole reason for the bumps on the "j" and "f" keys is to know your hand position... White gown with a hood should not obstruct your view.

Hahaha I'm just kidding I have plenty of black friends... and by plenty I mean 3.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
I don't think the gun map was any less racist than the overall population map as it relates to superior athleticism. Reminds me of the Jimmy "the Greek" interview.

ST_Lawson
December 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Look ma! A racist bison!

I think the specific use of the term "correlation" was referring to the often used phrase, "Correlation does not imply causation". There is a larger % of the population that is African-American/Black in the southeast part of the US than there is in most other regions.
Also, firearm assault rates (as a % of the population) are higher in many states in the southeast than they are in other regions of the country. There's nothing saying one thing causes another.
The southeast has a higher average temperature than in many other regions of the country as well. OMG...BLACK PEOPLE CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM
I think the specific use of the term "correlation" was referring to the often used phrase, "Correlation does not imply causation". There is a larger % of the population that is African-American/Black in the southeast part of the US than there is in most other regions.
Also, firearm assault rates (as a % of the population) are higher in many states in the southeast than they are in other regions of the country. There's nothing saying one thing causes another.
The southeast has a higher average temperature than in many other regions of the country as well. OMG...BLACK PEOPLE CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING!!!

I would also tend to look at those states with the least restrictive gun laws, typically in the very pro 2nd amendment south.

Head Cat
December 1st, 2011, 02:32 PM

JMU does have as much team speed on defense as any team in FCS.

unigriff
December 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
A lot of you easterns will be in for a rude awakening when the MAJORITY of the ELITE 8 are WEST of the Mississippi!

Grizzlies82
December 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
JMU does have as much team speed on defense as any team in FCS.

You know I saw much of the ODU - JMU game.
After watching it I was wondering if JMU had ANY defense at all.

purplepeopleeaterv2
December 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM
You know I saw much of the ODU - JMU game.
After watching it I was wondering if JMU had ANY defense at all.

You could ask the same question of Montana in the Sacramento State game....

Hammerhead
December 1st, 2011, 03:05 PM
Even Joe dirt was redneck in North Dakota once.

http://images.zap2it.com/images/movie-27433/joe-dirt-6.jpg

I can tell you from my last trip back to Fargo that the oil workers have every hotel booked between Mandan and billings -- a 400 mile stretch of I-94.

asujch
December 1st, 2011, 03:05 PM

Yeah, and Cosgrove also didn't realize why we benched Presley for Jackson. Clearly he hasn't watched much film on us; and he's supposed to be the NE coach of the year? hmmm interesting..........

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Clearly he hasn't watched much film on us; and he's supposed to be the NE coach of the year? hmmm interesting..........

how do you know, i just made that up

Grizzlies82
December 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
You could ask the same question of Montana in the Sacramento State game....

Fair point. The Griz found their missing defense since then, perhaps JMU did too?

Silenoz
December 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM
God, I can't believe I took the time to read this whole thread!

xbawlingx

proasu89
December 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM
QUOTE=Twentysix;1737369]And the midwest has what 6 teams to the other 120? If the eastcoast had 4 teams and the midwest had 135, I gurantee you the midwest would have all the championships.[/QUOTE]

Not if those 4 were GSU, Marshall, Furman, & APP.xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
God, I can't believe I took the time to read this whole thread!

xbawlingx

you better take a long look in the mirrow and man up an answer on why?

Bison06
December 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
QUOTE=Twentysix;1737369]And the midwest has what 6 teams to the other 120? If the eastcoast had 4 teams and the midwest had 135, I gurantee you the midwest would have all the championships.

[/QUOTE]Not if those 4 were GSU, Marshall, Furman, & APP.xthumbsupx[/QUOTE]

There have been 33 FCS/I-AA champions. 22 of those champions have come from "Eastern conference" teams. While 11 have come from "Western conference" teams. Admittedly, I would consider Youngstown State to be an Eastern team, but since they play in the MVC they are considered a Western conference team and they account for 4 of the western's 11 championships.

Considering the amount of teams on the east coast vs. midwest and west, 33% of the championships would have to be considered more than they probably should have given the numbers.

asujch
December 1st, 2011, 06:18 PM
how do you know, i just made that up

I lisitened to a radio conference he had with some phone in journalists. I believe it was on Monday 11/28. http://www.goasu.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?catid=8510&id=817075

heath
December 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM

on average I agree with JMUNJ08,because if you look at the hot beds in recruiting and where most D1 players that are given scholarships come from,ND doesn't even register on the radar.You can count the number of D1 schools on 2 fingers in your state.Less scholarships offered for football in the state means they should clean up and field a very competitive team every year.Areas of Texas,Florida,California, and certainly the 757 of VA are the best.The tidewater area could field 3-4 football teams every year,and kick butt in the FCS,but there is that higher level of competition where most of the 2-5 stars go.If you want to beat JMU,do it early because underdogs hanging close in the 4th are dangerous.

appst97
December 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM

Nope. App vs Flacco's hens

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Nope. App vs Flacco's hens

please flip off that ref that called us Del State and otherwise F'd up the game for us

ngineer
December 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM

Heck No! (;-)

GreatAppSt
December 1st, 2011, 09:19 PM
please flip off that ref that called us Del State

I did, right after he said it at the game.xnodx SMFr

B&G
December 1st, 2011, 09:24 PM
He must have been one of the morons that was voting for Delaware St in the AGS Poll.

Squealofthepig
December 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
He must have been one of the morons that was voting for Delaware St in the AGS Poll.

HORNETZ RULE! WOOO!!!

To be fair, I had Delaware State in my poll in one of my early polls (week two, in the 23-24 range). Then the Hens thumped them something proper (45 zilch) and I realized I was entirely mistaken about DSU.

DaBigBlue
December 1st, 2011, 10:15 PM
I was just thinking Virginia has 10 D1 schools, there's 4 in the 757 area code alone. That's over a 1,000 kids playing D1 college football in Va. Thought that was cool.

straightshooter
December 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM

GSU coaches said that had we blocked him consistently, the Eagles would have run for 500+. Guy was a heck of a player who was more disruptive than anything. Not many teams have a guy who can consistently do that while shedding blocks.

frozennorth
December 2nd, 2011, 01:39 AM

Hate to break it to you but sec players aren't any faster than big 10 players. The imbalance between the two league was only ever at the top, which was largely a result of the sec getting some good hires and the big10 some bad ones. That and miami, florida state, and michigan all imploding simultaniously benefited the sec with quite a bit of talent.

Iirc the bowl record between the two is pretty close to even over the last 6 years or so.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2011, 05:46 AM
GSU coaches said that had we blocked him consistently, the Eagles would have run for 500+. Guy was a heck of a player who was more disruptive than anything. Not many teams have a guy who can consistently do that while shedding blocks.

and you guys were warned about Bratton on here and most of your fans were pretty flipant about the warning

344Johnson
December 2nd, 2011, 05:51 AM
I agree with frozennorth. The midrange SEC schools haven't generally been much better if at all than the midrange Big Ten schools. Granted, the past 5-6 years has been SEC dominance at the top, and the midrange schools have probably been better too of late but when teams like Michigan and Penn State are struggling.....it really brings the perception of the conference down.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
HORNETZ RULE! WOOO!!!

To be fair, I had Delaware State in my poll in one of my early polls (week two, in the 23-24 range). Then the Hens thumped them something proper (45 zilch) and I realized I was entirely mistaken about DSU.

really not fair to Del State to have to run into Mr Flacco just as they were breaking in to the top 25, it might take them 25 years to recover

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM

it really is.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:48 AM

oh now I remember, the Maine coach was talking about Appy State xsalutexxnodx