PDA

View Full Version : UND recruits another QB

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 08:03 AM
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/11/25/sycamores-bartels-commits-to-north-dakota/aikkh86/

Sycamore senior quarterback Ryan Bartels has given a verbal commitment to the University of North Dakota, Sycamore coach Joe Ryan confirmed to the Daily Chronicle on Friday

Bartels was offered a scholarship and after a visit to the Grand Forks campus this past weekend, called the UND coaching staff to commit

Bartels also had a scholarship offer from Indiana State and drew the interest of several other programs.
“I think he fits really well in there,” Ryan said. “It’s huge for him. It’s a monkey off his back. That’s a lot of pressure on a kid. He went up there for his official visit and absolutely loved that place. He thought it was awesome. The coaching staff treated him really well.”

So that makes 2 QB's committing so far. UND will have 4 QB's on their roster as Jr. QB Marcus Hendrickson(who will be a Sr in 2012) is thinking of switching to baseball. UND will have Joey Bradley (a Jr. in 2012), Chris Comes ( a So. in 2012), and new QB's for 2012 Joe Mollberg (who was offered by NDSU, SDSU, and considered Iowa), and now Ryan Bartels (offered by ISU-b, and considered NDSU).

No_Skill
November 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Prepare to get hammered for bringing up recruiting here.

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 08:22 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/155/class/2012/page/offers

Here is a list of recruits that UND want and 4 of these recruits are also wanted by NDSU. QB Sean Rubalcaba is also being recruited by Northern Colorado. Looks like UND wants to load up QB's.

ysubigred
November 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Prepare to get hammered for bringing up recruiting here.

http://sozzals.com/resources/who-cares.jpg

Sorry I had to do it. LOL xlolxxtroublex

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.fresnobee.com/2012/01/05/2672425/fresno-citys-orender-wont-pass.html

Orender led Northern California in passing for Fresno City College this past season and set or tied 11 school records in a two-year career that some day will land him on the program's Wall of Fame.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pounder out of Buchanan High said he made an oral commitment to North Dakota this week and plans to fly out and enroll in classes on Monday. Fighting Sioux coaches, per NCAA rules, aren't permitted to discuss recruits until they sign letters of intent.

"I hope to do the same thing at North Dakota I did at City -- set all the records and give them a chance to win a league championship."

Orender led the Rams to an 18-4 record and two Valley Conference titles with berths in the Northern California championship game after being overlooked by four-year colleges.

Even Fresno City coach Tony Caviglia admitted he tried to recruit Buchanan teammate Taylor Genuser over Orender coming out of high school, despite Orender throwing for 4,662 yards and 42 touchdowns while completing 64% of his attempts over two seasons and earning 2009 Tri-River Athletic Conference Player of the Year.

Orender was named Region I Offensive Player of the Year on the All-California Community College Football Team.

Orender completed 195 of 332 passes (58.7%) and led NorCal in yards (3,181) and touchdowns (38) in 10 games in the Rams' 10-1 season.

Should be an interesting tryout at QB this spring.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
UND needs a QB, their QB's right now can't play worth a crap.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM
UND needs a QB, their QB's right now can't play worth a crap.

They can only win 8 games...yep they are crap.xsmhx

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I hope you aren't actually happy with that record with some of the games you guys won, beating a Divsion 2 school on a field goal at HOME who was still in transition to D2. That should have been a blowout. UND plays nobody and they run the ball better then if they get a lead Mussman plays over conservative and they blow the leads. Coaching needs to change too. The QB misses guys often who are wide open. You have nothing to back up the fact that the QB play isn't that good.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I hope you aren't actually happy with that record with some of the games you guys won, beating a Divsion 2 school on a field goal at HOME who was still in transition to D2. That should have been a blowout. UND plays nobody and they run the ball better then if they get a lead Mussman plays over conservative and they blow the leads. Coaching needs to change too. The QB misses guys often who are wide open. You have nothing to back up the fact that the QB play isn't that good.

They beat a ranked SUU team on the road, they beat a ranked USD team to win a share of the GWFC title, they lost 3 games and 2 of those were FBS teams so their FCS record was 5-1. In 2010 we were 3-8. So hell yeah I am happy we won those games. A win is a win. I like how you Bison fans make fun of Montana losing to NDSU in 2003 but yet if UND beats a Sioux Falls (fomer NAIA Champions) its a joke. So you saying NDSU was a joke in 03? Or UNI was a joke in 06 losing to DII UND? Which is it. Is it a joke if you lose to a DII team or is a joke if you beat a DII team.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
They beat a ranked SUU team on the road, they beat a ranked USD team to win a share of the GWFC title, they lost 3 games and 2 of those were FBS teams so their FCS record was 5-1. In 2010 we were 3-8. So hell yeah I am happy we won those games. A win is a win. I like how you Bison fans make fun of Montana losing to NDSU in 2003 but yet if UND beats a Sioux Falls (fomer NAIA Champions) its a joke. So you saying NDSU was a joke in 03? Or UNI was a joke in 06 losing to DII UND? Which is it. Is it a joke if you lose to a DII team or is a joke if you beat a DII team.

A joke is needing a FG to beat Sioux Falls at home and also a joke that you would compare a team like that to a game against a Northern Iowa or Montana. You know better than that. Don't be a moron

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
A joke is needing a FG to beat Sioux Falls at home and also a joke that you would compare a team like that to a game against a Northern Iowa or Montana. You know better than that. Don't be a moron

A win is a win. So is it a joke for a FCS team to lose to a DII team or a joke that you beat a DII team? Other teams play DII teams some win some lose. We came back and beat Sioux Falls, so what SDSU lost to DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse remember that? ISUb lost to Quincy, UNI lost to UND, Montana lost to NDSU. I love how you nit pick who we play and by what margin we win. Just worry about your own schedule...how did NDSU do against MSU-Moorhead in basketball a few months ago. Thats what I thought.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
A win is a win. So is it a joke for a FCS team to lose to a DII team or a joke that you beat a DII team? Other teams play DII teams some win some lose. We came back and beat Sioux Falls, so what SDSU lost to DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse remember that? ISUb lost to Quincy, UNI lost to UND, Montana lost to NDSU. I love how you nit pick who we play and by what margin we win. Just worry about your own schedule...how did NDSU do against MSU-Moorhead in basketball a few months ago. Thats what I thought.

Yeah it's a win but most of the UND fans you talk to don't count it as a win cause you should have beat Sioux falls by like 40 points so if needing a field goal at home to beat them satisfies you then congrats, i think it's pretty sad.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah it's a win but most of the UND fans you talk to don't count it as a win cause you should have beat Sioux falls by like 40 points so if needing a field goal at home to beat them satisfies you then congrats, i think it's pretty sad.

I am sure Nebraska fans said the same with that 17-3 win over SDSU last year. But the fans didn't mind counting it in the win column.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I am sure Nebraska fans said the same with that 17-3 win over SDSU last year. But the fans didn't mind counting it in the win column.

Yeah a win is a win but back to the point, UND's QB play isn't very good and they could use a better QB who can consistently throw down field more than 2 times a game.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah a win is a win but back to the point, UND's QB play isn't very good and they could use a better QB who can consistently throw down field more than 2 times a game.

Yes they could but its not crap. UND brought in Joey Bradley who has an arm but his accuracy wasn't good so they went to their backup Brent Goska who is accurate but is a running QB. Now that Goska is gone, UND has a lot of choices between 3 QB's on their roster and 3 more now they just recruited.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Yes they could but its not crap. UND brought in Joey Bradley who has an arm but his accuracy wasn't good so they went to their backup Brent Goska who is accurate but is a running QB. Now that Goska is gone, UND has a lot of choices between 3 QB's on their roster and 3 more now they just recruited.

Well that's good then, they will need it next year when they play some real tough teams like Montana and Montana St. Gonna have their hands full.

darell1976
January 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Well that's good then, they will need it next year when they play some real tough teams like Montana and Montana St. Gonna have their hands full.

That may be a blessing. They won't go from FCS to FBS to DII to FCS back to DII. This way its DII, FBS, then all FCS from there. I think your mental game gets messed up when you play down so many times in a season.

deez_na
January 6th, 2012, 11:38 AM
That may be a blessing. They won't go from FCS to FBS to DII to FCS back to DII. This way its DII, FBS, then all FCS from there. I think your mental game gets messed up when you play down so many times in a season.

That is very true, it'll be a more consistent schedule now and hopefully nobody is thinking about any easy cupcake wins. Gotta play every game tough and no letting up.

darell1976
January 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
UND coaches are not taking him.. Here is what he put on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/Orender_7

I wish I couldve helped UND out man I would of loved to do great things over there but the coaches decided to go another way

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Three Texas boys on that roster! :D

LakesBison
January 9th, 2012, 01:58 AM
He backed out cuz he thought it was NDSU duh

darell1976
January 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
He backed out cuz he thought it was NDSU duh

Boy Lakes every year you get more stupid.

Hambone
January 9th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry lakes, but this is why Orender did not come to UND.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1146993.html

Pretty good accolades coming out of HS, but has been on the bench at North Carolina. Hopefully he can make some good things happen this coming year.

LakesBison
January 10th, 2012, 10:24 AM
well at least you have his mom calling you guys out for not being classy and rescinding an offer.
wow you guys are idiots, yea, go ahead and take a kid that barely played at fbs level.

dmksioux
January 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Not really sure how it all went down with the offer. But if you would have read what this kid was twittering, you can see why UND didn't have him sign the letter of intent. He was tweeting how he didn't want to go to UND in the first place, that he may decide not to show up, possibly transferring after one year, etc. He even used a word that a certain Lafayette player used in his twitter account and was suspended one game for. The lesson of this story...Be careful what you twitter about, put on the internet, etc. Once it's out there, it's public for anyone to see. He did end up removing all those posts, but not quickly enough...

344Johnson
January 10th, 2012, 07:38 PM
well at least you have his mom calling you guys out for not being classy and rescinding an offer.
wow you guys are idiots, yea, go ahead and take a kid that barely played at fbs level.

Hey, I am always glad to be a hater on UND but once upon a time, NDSU accepted a quarterback from Northwestern who wasn't a bad player. UND obviously needs a quarterback right now and if this guy is the real deal at all, it lets them redshirt Mollberg (AKA Jewel of their incoming class).