PDA

View Full Version : FCS Title Game Site

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Is it just me or is Pizza Hut park a pretty lame place to host the national championship game? It's a soccer stadium for goodness sake.

Also, TX is really far for teams in the socon, caa and Big Sky to travel. Historically only 11 different teams west of the Mississippi river have played in the championship game, so why have they moved the site more south and west to TX. To me, it would make more sense to have the game somewhere in the mizzo, tennessee area, maybe at the Tennessee Titan's stadium? I know that generally the FCS championship only draws around 20-25K but I think that location plays a huge factor in the travel for the teams. If you look at the history also, the lowest turnouts for a national championship game were when the game was hosted in the western US.

Any opinions on a new site for 2013?

I like MTSU, Northern Illinois, Akron, and even though it's a mls stadium, Columbus Crew is nice too.

I-16Bandit
November 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
"Join Date: Apr 2011"

Oh... Makes sense.

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM
what difference does that make?

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2011, 10:36 PM
what difference does that make?

I think it's because the issue has been beaten like a dead horse for a while......but nothing wrong with bringing it up again

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Oh ok, I didn't understand, I-16bandit didnt really explain.

could you post a link to those discussions?

GannonFan
November 29th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Place was great last year - a step up from Chatty.

Gringer1
November 29th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Good thing a certain chattown poster has tucked his tail and fled or this post would start an inferno of a flame war.

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 10:48 PM

I agree, it's just the location doesn't make sense to me, it's an awful long way for the normal CAA and Big Sky attendees.

FargoBison
November 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I agree, it's just the location doesn't make sense to me, it's an awful long way for the normal CAA and Big Sky attendees.

And Chatty was closer for Big Sky fans? I'm sure it is a 100 times easier to fly into Dallas than it was to fly into Chatty.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2011, 10:50 PM
IMO, seed the teams like they should be, which is the fair way, none of this bidding crap, and play the title game at the highest seed.

FargoBison
November 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM
IMO, seed the teams like they should be, which is the fair way, none of this bidding crap, and play the title game at the highest seed.

I disagree, a title game at this level needs to be played at a neutral site. The entire field should be seeded though.

Dallas Demon
November 29th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm rich and paid a ton of money to have it 10 min. away from my house. xnodx

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 10:56 PM
And Chatty was closer for Big Sky fans? I'm sure it is a 100 times easier to fly into Dallas than it was to fly into Chatty.

I'm not saying take it back to chatty, I'm saying take it somewhere besides TX, doesn't that state have enough already, lol.

FargoBison
November 29th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'm not saying take it back to chatty, I'm saying take it somewhere besides TX, doesn't that state have enough already, lol.

Where would you put it? Nashville? Orlando? IMO not many locations can bring what Frisco brings.

Gringer1
November 29th, 2011, 11:07 PM
How about putting it on an aircraft carrier off the sunny coast of Florida? That silly basketball game has got nothing on us! ;)

http://quickenloanscarrierclassic.com/

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Where would you put it? Nashville? Orlando? IMO not many locations can bring what Frisco brings.

What did you like about it the most? The stadium is sub-par in my mind, while new and nice, it just doesn't scream championship football to me.

DFW HOYA
November 29th, 2011, 11:08 PM

It's not moving to Newark, DE anytime soon.

LehighU11
November 29th, 2011, 11:11 PM
It's not moving to Newark, DE anytime soon.

Let's hope not. The Tub has seen better days.

I-16Bandit
November 29th, 2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.spaceg.com/multimedia/collection/thread%20hijacks/lame%20thread.gif

asujch
November 29th, 2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.spaceg.com/multimedia/collection/thread%20hijacks/lame%20thread.gif

simple solution don't read it then

McNeese72
November 29th, 2011, 11:16 PM

Tell you what. Get a group together in whatever city you would like to have it and get them to outbid whatever package that Frisco comes up with next time the bidding is open and you can have the game where ever you like it. Until then, it will be in Frisco whether you like it or not. Things now a days tend to be driven by money. Fact of life.

Doc

Gringer1
November 29th, 2011, 11:19 PM
So we're not doing the carrier thing?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 29th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Tell you what. Get a group together in whatever city you would like to have it and get them to outbid whatever package that Frisco comes up with next time the bidding is open and you can have the game where ever you like it. Until then, it will be in Frisco whether you like it or not. Things now a days tend to be driven by money. Fact of life.

Doc

Well said. The playoffs in general have been ruined by money. Get back to seeding the teams!!

I-16Bandit
November 29th, 2011, 11:27 PM

Carrier?

http://media.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/photo/2010-02-27-ll-record-dome-crowdjpg-46d3c37fd565a386_large.jpg

Or carrier?

http://news.cnet.com/i/tim//2010/06/27/NG_-_CVN-78_rendering_3_610x458.jpg

TheValleyRaider
November 29th, 2011, 11:50 PM

Or carrier?

http://news.cnet.com/i/tim//2010/06/27/NG_-_CVN-78_rendering_3_610x458.jpg

I would watch this

bojeta
November 30th, 2011, 12:24 AM
A few things: 1. Although competing in the championship is heavily skewed to east of the Miss..., teams west of the Miss have competed 15 times. The fact that some teams have been more than once is irrelevant. 2. For many years prior to moving to Frisco TX, most of those western teams traveled much further. 3. The west has been represented in 7 of the last 11 championships, so old trends seem to be a thing of the past. Frisco appears to more in tune with the present.
Personally, I'd like to see another game on the West Coast! 1980 was loooooong ago!!
Just my two cents...

Dallas Demon
November 30th, 2011, 01:32 AM
A few things: 1. Although competing in the championship is heavily skewed to east of the Miss..., teams west of the Miss have competed 15 times. The fact that some teams have been more than once is irrelevant. 2. For many years prior to moving to Frisco TX, most of those western teams traveled much further. 3. The west has been represented in 7 of the last 11 championships, so old trends seem to be a thing of the past. Frisco appears to more in tune with the present.
Personally, I'd like to see another game on the West Coast! 1980 was loooooong ago!!
Just my two cents...

The game is already being promoted heavily here. I've seen writeups/ads in the Dallas Morning News already regarding the game along with commercials on the local DFW TV stations. Just today I got called by an NCAA representative (local) wanting to know if I wanted to purchase tickets to the game. I've also received email to this regard.

The game last year and the atmosphere leading up to it was outstanding. The stadium is brand new and yes, it supports a professional soccer team but is also home to weekly Friday night football for the local Frisco schools. Frisco in general, and especially the area surrounding the stadium is a very hot area with tons of things to do nearby. Frisco is not some remote area like some have suggested, it is in a great location on the north side of DFW that is growing like crazy. In addition to Frisco, the whole DFW area provides an endless supply of things to do. This is an exciting place for a championship game to be held in a "neutral" area in the heart of football country. Check out http://www.visitfrisco.com/ for more info. on Frisco.

SeattleGriz
November 30th, 2011, 02:02 AM

Vegas baby! Cheap flights, rooms and hookers come January.

mainejeff
November 30th, 2011, 02:24 AM
1. Las Vegas
2. Orlando
3. Any other place in Florida
4. any place in Arizona

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Vegas baby! Cheap flights, rooms and hookers come January.

got all that down here, minus football fans though

Bearkat-Backer
November 30th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Well said. The playoffs in general have been ruined by money. Get back to seeding the teams!!

Money is the reason the field is not seeded now. The NCAA is not going to lose money flying teams around the country based on seeding rather than having regional match ups go to the highest bidder.

henfan
November 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Is it just me or is Pizza Hut park a pretty lame place to host the national championship game? It's a soccer stadium for goodness sake.

Relax. You won't have to worry about traveling to Frisco this year. Like me, you'll be at home watching two opposing teams play.

FWIW, PHP was an improvement over Finley on most levels. About the only advantages Finley had was their pavilion and better, more organized concessions. No comparison otherwise.

It's just the right size for FCS football.

henfan
November 30th, 2011, 08:00 AM

Not even most high school state championships are held at the home of the highest seed. Come on. Talk about devaluing the championship experience.

If that's your true opinion (and I've got to believe you're a little smarter than that), you'll need to explain how the artificial process of seeding teams is any more reliable than throwing darts at a board and how that plan would come close to balancing the post-season budget and keeping the tournament self-sustaining. It's the home guarantees in part that pay for things like expanded travel parties for visiting teams, additional TV coverage on ESPN, etc.

AppAlum2003
November 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Relax. You won't have to worry about traveling to Frisco this year. Like me, you'll be at home watching two opposing teams play.

FWIW, PHP was an improvement over Finley on most levels. About the only advantages Finley had was their pavilion and better, more organized concessions. No comparison otherwise.

It's just the right size for FCS football.

Everyone is just LOVING the fact that ASU is "down" this year. I guess it's good to be hated.

ysubigred
November 30th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Everyone is just LOVING the fact that ASU is "down" this year. I guess it's good to be hated.

xtroublex If your hated you've been "winning" LOL xbowx. That's why everybody loves YSU xbawlingx

PurpleOut
November 30th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Pizza Hut park is a great place to watch a game. Any kind of game. And the city of Frisco is nice itself, not to mention being next to Dallas.

I didn't get to go last year, but am planning on going last year. I heard nothing but great things from last years game. I tell you one thing...if SHSU makes it to Frisco, that place will be packed and very one sided. Not only with Sam fans, but everyone from Texas and Dallas area will be cheering for them.

GannonFan
November 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM

The only way you can be serious about that contention (i.e. seeding the entire field) is if you weren't around back in the day when they did seed the entire field. Just because they put a 1 through 16 next to teams names didn't mean things were all hunky dorry. There were plenty of controversy over how they arrived at those seeds and how some teams *cough* Marshall *cough* always seem to play at home, regardless of their record. Seeding was never perfect or even close to it - I think not seeding has been one of the more fairer ways to do things - takes all that controversy out over how some teams were favorites of the committee.

Professor Chaos
November 30th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I vote here (provided the roof isn't collapsed by that time):

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l90/brendan_nieto/min_photo.jpg
Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome

The Moody1
November 30th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I didn't get to go last year, but am planning on going last year.

Can I borrow your Time Machine? :D

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm one of the few people on this thread that has actually seen a FB game at Pizza Hut Park.

The game itself there was fine, no complaints. Moving the game to Saturday at noon (Dallas time) versus at 6pm on a Friday was a smart move from a local attendance standpoint. Decent crowd last year - I'd expect a considerably larger local attended game this year.

Tailgating & pre-game parking lot festivities - the NCAA Experience were all well-done.

Facility & sightlines were very good.

I thought the lighting wasn't that great, but after seeing UD play VU at another soccer stadium and it must be soccer-specific lighting.

The only real neative was the concessions at Pizza Hut Park - not the selection - but they seem overwhelmed & ran out of food early into halftime.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
The only way you can be serious about that contention (i.e. seeding the entire field) is if you weren't around back in the day when they did seed the entire field. Just because they put a 1 through 16 next to teams names didn't mean things were all hunky dorry. There were plenty of controversy over how they arrived at those seeds and how some teams *cough* Marshall *cough* always seem to play at home, regardless of their record. Seeding was never perfect or even close to it - I think not seeding has been one of the more fairer ways to do things - takes all that controversy out over how some teams were favorites of the committee.

I remember the seeded days well. It wasn't always perfect but it was certainly better than how they do it now.

The reason I said the title game should be played at the highest seed was because the op stated the game needed more energy. Competitively speaking it's obviously not the best choice.

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Like me, you'll be at home watching two opposing teams play.

At least we're in the playoffs and have a shot. Enjoy watching the rest of college football play this weekend from the comfort of your couch while the rest of us are tailgating and watching our teams play. xthumbsupx

StorminASU
November 30th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Pizza Hut park is a great place to watch a game. Any kind of game. And the city of Frisco is nice itself, not to mention being next to Dallas.

I didn't get to go last year, but am planning on going last year. I heard nothing but great things from last years game. I tell you one thing...if SHSU makes it to Frisco, that place will be packed and very one sided. Not only with Sam fans, but everyone from Texas and Dallas area will be cheering for them.

You probably won't have to worry about that though, so don't get too excited

StorminASU
November 30th, 2011, 09:08 AM
At least we're in the playoffs and have a shot. Enjoy watching the rest of college football play this weekend from the comfort of your couch while the rest of us are tailgating and watching our teams play. xthumbsupx

Ouch, but oh so right. It seems like someone is still butt hurt over 2007, or being left out of the post season this year. Oh well, enjoy home Delaware and Furman (honorary mention)

GlassOnion
November 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM

Not this. I would hate for App to play the NC game at, say Richmond. 9000 seats just isnt enough. Or imagine having to play in UNH's stadium, what are we supposed to do? Bring your own blow up beer chair? They need to find the FCS "population center" like they do for the census, and pick the nicest, closest 30,000 or 32000 seat stadium in the area.

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Pizza Hut Park (I was there last year as well)

Pros:
Every seat a good one
Plenty of activity around the field
Central location to most schools

Cons:
Frisco is in the middle of nowhere relative to Metroplex
Poor concessions--NCAA did not allow Pizza Hut to sell pizza or even display its logo because it's not an NCAA sponsor
Winter in Dallas isn't always a temperate climate--ask the Super Bowl folks about that one

I still think it should be rotated among various locations, not all of which are college venues but regional locations which would provide visibility to the event. Suggestions:

1. West: Sacramento 's Hornet Stadium (21K) or Las Vegas' Sam Boyd Stadium (36K)
2. Southwest: Dallas' Pizza Hut Park (22K) or San Antonio's Alamo Stadium (23K)
3. South: New Orleans' Tad Gormley Stadium (27K) or Orlando's Bright House Stadium (40K)
4. Mid-South: UTC's Finley Stadium (21K) or ODU's Foreman Field (20K)
5. Northeast: Princeton Stadium (30K) or Washington DC's Nationals Park (40K)

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I still think it should be rotated among various locations, not all of which are college venues but regional locations which would provide visibility to the event. Suggestions:

1. West: Sacramento 's Hornet Stadium (21K) or Las Vegas' Sam Boyd Stadium (36K)
3. South: New Orleans' Tad Gormley Stadium (27K) or Mobile's Ladd-Peebles Stadium (36K)

Great idea. I could get behind this.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
What about Indianapolis? There is a reason the NCAA is headquartered there. Lucas Oil Field would be perfect. Good distance from most places, no worries about weather and a good capacity.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
What did you like about it the most? The stadium is sub-par in my mind, while new and nice, it just doesn't scream championship football to me.

Have you been there in person? Were you at the FCS Championship game last year? Didn't think so. It's a great place to watch a game.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM
What about Indianapolis? There is a reason the NCAA is headquartered there. Lucas Oil Field would be perfect. Good distance from most places, no worries about weather and a good capacity.

FCS championship game wouldn't fill Lucas...maybe just the lower bowl.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2011, 09:30 AM

Pros:
Every seat a good one

Cons:
Poor concessions--NCAA did not allow Pizza Hut to sell pizza or even display its logo because it's not an NCAA sponsor
Winter in Dallas isn't always a temperate climate--ask the Super Bowl folks about that one

3. South: New Orleans' Tad Gormley Stadium (27K) or Orlando's Bright House Stadium (40K)

Do you mean the Alamodome? I thought that held 60k. Regardless..you'd probably only get 25k to see the FCS championship

DFW HOYA
November 30th, 2011, 09:39 AM
No, Alamo Stadium. Smaller.

http://bordertownsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/alamo-stadium.jpg

URMite
November 30th, 2011, 09:48 AM

Pros:
Every seat a good one

Cons:

I never thought about Nationals Park for football. Interesting...

And besides Foreman Field there is always Bridgeforth...but they would have to bid for it. xbangx Had to say it, even if I think it could be a good venue for some years.

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 09:54 AM
How about Lambeau Field, or Soldier Field...somewhere historical plus maybe these kids will be there on a Sunday.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
How about Lambeau Field, or Soldier Field...somewhere historical plus maybe these kids will be there on a Sunday.

TheRev's point about not filling the capacity is valid. Lambeau seats 70k and besides no way would they play in a cold weather outdoor stadium.

AppAlum2003
November 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
TheRev's point about not filling the capacity is valid. Lambeau seats 70k and besides no way would they play in a cold weather outdoor stadium.

Plus, it smells like cheese

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Plus, it smells like cheese

No thats just Brett Favre.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Why would they play at the SAISD stadium? Why not just play the game in San Marcos at Bobcat Stadium or hell..in Houston at Rice Stadium or Robertson?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I think the big beef is that it is in Texas which isn't terribly centrally located for the Montanas or the Villanovas of the world.

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 10:22 AM
I think the big beef is that it is in Texas which isn't terribly centrally located for the Montanas or the Villanovas of the world.

I would rather have it in the middle of the coutry...St. Louis, Indy, or even Denver (for us BSC folks).

GannonFan
November 30th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Great idea. I could get behind this.

Which is all fine and well, but ignores the reality that when the NCAA opened the championship site up for bid, the only two cities in the country to even make a bid on it were Frisco and Chatty (it's possible that Cedar Falls made a bid on it, but I think it's safe to say no one really wants to move the title game there - yikes). The NCAA does get at least some money from having it at one site for an extended period of time - in a rotating scenario, you might have to pay schools to host the game due to the expenses involved.

Skjellyfetti
November 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I guess I remember wrong, but I thought several other cities put together bids. Missoula, Little Rock, and Spokane?

Twentysix
November 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Clearly it should be played in hawaii. Or tijuana, or Vancouver, or Toronto, or Barrow, beijing, Moscow?

McNeese72
November 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Well, you would need all those places to make competitive bids on the game.

And Tad Gormley???? Ewwwee! I know they have fixed it up since the last time I was there, but........ And, it would be the closest spot for me, but I don't know if I'd want it there where it is located in New Orleans.

Doc

grzftbl
November 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Vegas. It's cheap to fly there from almost anywhere in the country. I never went to Chatty but you can bet your *** I'd be in Vegas--probably even if the Griz weren't there. I go 4-5 times a year anyway, would fit into my schedule.xthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
November 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Vegas. It's cheap to fly there from almost anywhere in the country. I never went to Chatty but you can bet your *** I'd be in Vegas--probably even if the Griz weren't there. I go 4-5 times a year anyway, would fit into my schedule.xthumbsupx

Only problem with Vegas is that both teams would have a TON of fans fly in for the game. But only about 50% are actually going to make it to the game. The rest will be off smoking Jeffries.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/index.php

Dallas Demon
November 30th, 2011, 02:50 PM

Cons:

Wow, where do you live, SW Ft. Worth or something? Frisco is the hotspot of the growth for certainly the Dallas side, very easy/quick to get to from DFW, etc. DFW is huge but Frisco is smack in the middle of where a lot of the new action is, and a relatively short drive from anywhere in the DFW Metroplex unless during rush hour. xconfusedx

henfan
November 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM

I won't be watching college football this Saturday. No worries though, I've got a open stool next to here at Crapsville waiting for you.

That won't stop me from watching football and tailgating, though I'll be doing it at my son's school state championship game.xthumbsupx

bojeta
November 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Pros:
Every seat a good one

Cons:

I totally agree with you! Once thing however.... The previous game in Sacramento was played at Hughes Stadium which has a capacity of 23K. Nicer venue in my opinion and it's currently in the final phases of a complete upgrade/restoration. Sam Boyd Stadium is probably the better choice though. As others have pointed out, Vegas is a premiere destination allowing people to make a complete vacation out of the trip.

henfan
November 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Obviously some on this board have strong opinions about PHP. Then again, all but a few of us have actually witnessed championship games in multiple locations.

It always comes around to who's going to bid. As my esteemed counterpart from UD suggested, all of the city and location names people are throwing around don't amount to a hill of beans.

HailSzczur
November 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM

I could really care less where they game is played, just as long as were in it. I hope we get another stab at things sometime in the next 10 years or so. I'd travel most places to see it. If I'm will to go all over the country for the NCAA Tourney I'm willing to do the same for the FCS NC. Though the nice thing about Chatty was that it was driveable for us.

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I could really care less where they game is played, just as long as were in it. I hope we get another stab at things sometime in the next 10 years or so. I'd travel most places to see it. If I'm will to go all over the country for the NCAA Tourney I'm willing to do the same for the FCS NC. Though the nice thing about Chatty was that it was driveable for us.

I think most fans agree with this statement!! I am sure back in DII days UND, NDSU, and others in the North didn't mind the long flight to Florence, AL to watch their team play for a National Title.

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Someone mentioned taking all the FCS programs, finding the geographic midpoint of where those programs are located, and finding a decent stadium nearby.
I didn't run it with all FCS schools, but I did run it for all FCS schools in the playoffs and got this: http://goo.gl/UvQdV.

The location ends up being in Western Ohio, about 20 miles north of Dayton. I did some checking around the area for football stadiums that might work for something like this:
University of Dayton....too small (11K)
Ohio State....WAY TOO BIG
but....Cincinnati...specifically the University of Cincinnati's Nippert Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippert_Stadium) might be ideal in terms of size and location.
Capacity: 35,000
Fieldturf playing surface
Within a 2 hour drive, you've got Indianapolis, Louisville, Dayton, Columbus, Lexington (KY), and Cincinnati itself, which (just by rough addition of the approximate populations of the various census statistical areas that these cities encompass) total about 9 million people, and all of which have airports.

I realize that this doesn't take into account the city actually wanting the FCS Championship Game or bidding on it, and it also still makes for a pretty long trip for the folks out in Bozeman and Missoula, but geographically, it is pretty close to the midpoint of all of the playoff teams.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Someone mentioned taking all the FCS programs, finding the geographic midpoint of where those programs are located, and finding a decent stadium nearby.
I didn't run it with all FCS schools, but I did run it for all FCS schools in the playoffs and got this: http://goo.gl/UvQdV.

The location ends up being in Western Ohio, about 20 miles north of Dayton. I did some checking around the area for football stadiums that might work for something like this:
but....Cincinnati...specifically the University of Cincinnati's Nippert Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippert_Stadium) might be ideal in terms of size and location.
Within a 2 hour drive, you've got Indianapolis, Louisville, Dayton, Columbus, Lexington (KY), and Cincinnati itself, which (just by rough addition of the approximate populations of the various census statistical areas that these cities encompass) total about 9 million people, and all of which have airports.

I realize that this doesn't take into account the city actually wanting the FCS Championship Game or bidding on it, and it also still makes for a pretty long trip for the folks out in Bozeman and Missoula, but geographically, it is pretty close to the midpoint of all of the playoff teams.

Does that site want to host it though? They would have to put in a competitive bid. I personally would rather go to Dallas over Cincinnati.

darell1976
November 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM

I typed in over 40 places all over the country and the center was in northern Missouri. So maybe KC..but I don't think the people would fill Arrowhead.