PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League: Top 10 Plays of 2011

DFW HOYA
November 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Good to see this posted online, but some of the local bias plays into it as well: of the 10 plays, eight were from a game featuring either Lehigh or Lafayette.

No footage from any Fordham game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsODstEs64E

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Good to see this posted online, but some of the local bias plays into it as well: of the 10 plays, eight were from a game featuring either Lehigh or Lafayette.

I thought Holy Cross was the straw that stirs the Patriot League. xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsODstEs64E

Sader87
November 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I thought Holy Cross was the straw that stirs the Patriot League. xrolleyesx

Correction, we are the swizzle stick that stirs the PL.

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Only one of the top 10 involved the Hoyas. I am at a complete loss to explain why there wasn't more televised video involving Georgetown from which to choose. ;)

DFW HOYA
November 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Only one of the top 10 involved the Hoyas. I am at a complete loss to explain why there wasn't more televised video involving Georgetown from which to choose. ;)

Maybe, just maybe, they should have made a phone call south of Center Valley. Every Georgetown game had tape, whether from coaches, GUHoyas.com, or broadcast. (Even those secret broadcasts over Verizon.)

carney2
November 29th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Every Georgetown game had tape, whether from coaches, GUHoyas.com, or broadcast. (Even those secret broadcasts over Verizon.)

But all of those Georgetown tapes have been shipped to the University's McGhee Center for Middle Eastern Studies in Alanya, Turkey for safe keeping. President DeGioia has decreed that the tapes be sealed. His legal advisors have recommended that they not be viewed by anyone prior to the initial viewing of the Verizon FIOS tape of the Lafayette @ Georgetown game in Luxembourg in 2015. Idiots!

DFW HOYA
November 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
But all of those Georgetown tapes have been shipped to the University's McGhee Center for Middle Eastern Studies in Alanya, Turkey for safe keeping. President DeGioia has decreed that the tapes be sealed. His legal advisors have recommended that they not be viewed by anyone prior to the initial viewing of the Verizon FIOS tape of the Lafayette @ Georgetown game in Luxembourg in 2015. Idiots!

Has Bogus hijacked Carney's account?

LehighU11
November 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM

Drwal very easily could have had another play or two in the top 10. The hands on that kid and the plays he's made throughout this season have been unbelievable.

ngineer
November 29th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Nice...Yes, Drwal has great hands. TSU secondary will be severely tested on Saturday.

TheValleyRaider
November 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I'm going to be honest, #2 was better than #1. Both good plays, easily the best on there, but that interception was wild

LehighU11
November 30th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I'm going to be honest, #2 was better than #1. Both good plays, easily the best on there, but that interception was wild

I might have to agree with you on that. Drwal made several one-handed, circus catches this season, though not all for TDs. That Robertson INT is amazing in that the Pard receiver touched the ball with his helmet, foot, and twice with both hands, allowing time for the Bucknell CB to dive in for a great pick. That play perfectly depicts this Lafayette season: futility at its greatest.

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I might have to agree with you on that. Drwal made several one-handed, circus catches this season, though not all for TDs. That Robertson INT is amazing in that the Pard receiver touched the ball with his helmet, foot, and twice with both hands, allowing time for the Bucknell CB to dive in for a great pick. That play perfectly depicts this Lafayette season: futility at its greatest.

I was one of the very few in the stadium when that happened. What the cameras really don't capture is how everyone was sliding on the snow at the same time. How Bryce Roberson had the presence of mind to catch that tip, under those conditions, is beyond me. You can tell that there's no way that Lafayette's Kyle Hayes, the receiver, expected anything other than the ball falling incomplete. That play really did sum up the futility of the game.

LBPop
November 30th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Exactly what I thought when I watched these. I was stunned that the DB kept coming when it was virtually certain that the ball was going to hit the field. And it was a fingertip catch in what appeared to be bad weather (although that may be due to the tape quality).

Bogus Megapardus
November 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
what appeared to be bad weather

Ummm . . . you might say that.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8414/snowcomposite480.png

LBPop
November 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
That's me...master of the understatement.:o

andy7171
November 30th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Nice...Yes, Drwal has great hands. TSU secondary will be severely tested on Saturday.

That #1 play was a pretty nice catch. That said if that is the top 10 plays of your whole league's season...I feel much much more confident.

LUHawker
November 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
That #1 play was a pretty nice catch. That said if that is the top 10 plays of your whole league's season...I feel much much more confident.

Come on Andy, I am embarassed for you with that statement. You must have meant that in jest.

LehighU11
November 30th, 2011, 02:29 PM

I suppose CAA receivers routinely reel in passes without use of their hands. I'm expecting quite a show on Saturday at Towson now...

TheValleyRaider
November 30th, 2011, 03:30 PM

xlolx "your whole league" xlolx

Listen to the Towson fan, pretending they didn't use to be a member ;)

andy7171
December 1st, 2011, 07:40 AM
xlolx "your whole league" xlolx

Listen to the Towson fan, pretending they didn't use to be a member ;)

This isn't a PL Towson team you guys are getting ready to play.