PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ MSU

Pages : [1] 2

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Every other 2nd round game has a thread already, so might as well start this one. I think this is one of the more interesting matchups next saturday. MSU is favored, however they have played only 1 game in 28 days, and lost. While UNH came off a huge win and does well on the road in the first round of the playoffs. Seems like half of AGS thinks UNH has no shot while the other half thinks UNH will win this game. Ill go with the homer pick, but I wouldnt be surprised by anything on Saturday because UNH can be so inconsistent.

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Every other 2nd round game has a thread already, so might as well start this one. I think this is one of the more interesting matchups next saturday. MSU is favored, however they have played only 1 game in 28 days, and lost. While UNH came off a huge win and does well on the road in the first round of the playoffs. Seems like half of AGS thinks UNH has no shot while the other half thinks UNH will win this game. Ill go with the homer pick, but I wouldnt be surprised by anything on Saturday because UNH can be so inconsistent.

16282.....UH-OH....RUSTY FELINES....IN BOZOMAN.........YER STAT...IS COUPLE DAYS TOO LATE.......USED MAH HEAD.....'STEADUH...MAH HEART.....MIGHTAH USED WRONG HEAD........WENT WHIFF STATE...........:o....AWK!

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
By Saturday, it will be 28 days since MSU played Weber State

MR. CHICKEN
November 27th, 2011, 11:50 AM
By Saturday, it will be 28 days since MSU played Weber State

NAH NAH...AH MEANT..COODAH USED DAT INFO....B/4 FILLIN' OUT DUH GRID....BRAWK!

Mattymc727
November 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Now I get it

Cleets
November 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
NAH NAH...AH MEANT..COODAH USED DAT INFO....B/4 FILLIN' OUT DUH GRID....BRAWK!

You might still be right with picking the cats...
If both teams play about like they have all season - the cats win - but even a POINTY HEADED knows you can't lay an egg in the play-offs

RichH2
November 27th, 2011, 01:13 PM
It will be akin to a 1st game of the season for MSU ,IMHO, it will take them a while to get up to game speed. UNH could be ahead 21-0 by then

Grizcountry420
November 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM
It will be akin to a 1st game of the season for MSU ,IMHO, it will take them a while to get up to game speed. UNH could be ahead 21-0 by then

Umm.. Ok....

rcny46
November 27th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Hopefully,UNH will have Brian McNally ready to go this coming weekend because his abscense will be a big loss in MHO.

Squealofthepig
November 27th, 2011, 11:34 PM
If it is truly like a "first game of the season", I really don't like the Wildcats in that scenario. The Bobcats played pretty well in their first game of the season at FBS Utah, with turnovers really being the story in the game, losing 27-10 in a fairly balanced game, stat-wise (outside of TOs). UNH, meanwhile, in their first game, had five turnovers and lost by 36 to a Toledo team that gave up over 600 yards to Western Michigan.

I expect this to be a pretty balanced game, though. McGhee and Akpla can be wickedly dangerous in the passing game, and the mysteriously-absent-from-the-Griz-despite-being-from-Frenchtown Cody Kirk provides some great running balance (I'm not bitter, really!) UNH counters with Decker and Steriti - if they can replicate what the Griz did with a weird mix of offense and defensive looks, the Wildcats should find some success. If McNally is healthy, he could definitely be a rock to center the Wildcats around in a hostile Bobcat stadium.

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Hopefully,UNH will have Brian McNally ready to go this coming weekend because his abscense will be a big loss in MHO.

Is he hurt?

R3TRO
November 28th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Is he hurt?

He was injured in the Maine game. I don't remember at what point he came out, but he never returned after he did.

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Huh, well, no wonder I didn't notice him the whole game.

bluehenbillk
November 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'll go with UNH to continue their quarterfinal streak against a Montana St team that peaked too early this year - see Maine.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM

You don't notice him because he's been double teamed, schemed against and held by the opposition all year.

Cleets
November 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM
This is the "whoever decides to show up" game of the bracket...
I still can't figure out what happened in that William & Mary game and nobody played defense in the Towson game
This game has me curious - the Bobcats have also proven they can be great / Terrible and then great again...

rcny46
November 28th, 2011, 12:15 PM

Looked like some sort of shoulder injury.

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM
You don't notice him because he's been double teamed, schemed against and held by the opposition all year.

Not to quibble with you, but elite players perform. McNally was a Buck Buchanan favorite and has not lived up to expectations this season. All the best players in the country face this kind of treatment.

rcny46
November 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
McNally returned to practice yesterday,and seems to be OK.I've had the same feelings about his play this season as Wren.

UNHFootballAlum
November 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Not to quibble with you, but elite players perform. McNally was a Buck Buchanan favorite and has not lived up to expectations this season. All the best players in the country face this kind of treatment.

I agree. I am fine with his sack totals, but he should be getting more tackles than he does. he sometimes takes himself out of a play because he goes so wide and upfield.

Mattymc727
November 28th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I was just going to mention that. While he is still a premier pass rusher, he struggles against the run because he is going so wide trying to get to the QB. When he is getting doubled, that means one of the other dlinemen should be getting pressure. James Jenkins has done little this year to create pressure when Mcnally is held or doubled, I feel like some of the younger players could do better than him.

Catbooster
November 28th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I think the Bobcats will win this game, but I haven't seen UNH play this year so it's really just me being a homer. If I was just basing it on the last game we played and assuming we will play like that, I'd have to pick UNH.

I haven't really researched it too much yet, but it appears that the offenses are similar but the MSU defense is better (especially if I ignore the Griz game xnodx ). But you can argue that UNH has played a tougher schedule, so...it all boils down to opinion until late Saturday.

MSU has the advantage of not having to travel across the country for the game, but UNH has shown that they can handle road playoff games about as well as anybody. I still think it's a factor, but UNH seems to be good at minimizing the effect. xbowx

The weather is supposed to be nice (which can change 5 times before Saturday so might not mean much) so I don't see weather as having a big effect. 5,000 foot elevation may have a slight effect, but it's not like going to NAU where they're at 7,000, so I don't think it matters much.

I think MSU will come out wanting to prove that they are better than they played the last game. They could come out flat and defeated from the last game, but being familiar with this team, I don't think so. xprayx

I really don't like the bye, rivalry, bye, playoff schedule (nor does our coach). Ash came to MSU (from Drake) because he wanted to coach where he could win a national champioship. I think our coaches are learning how to coach in the post-season. Lots of teams get criticized for their lack of playoff experience (and I agree that it makes a difference). Our coaching staff is still gaining that experience. I'm very happy with our coaches, and this isn't meant to imply we have a bad coaching staff, but I think the playoffs are still a learning experience for them.

theUofNH09
November 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Weather.com is showing a high of 23 degrees on Saturday... It's been an above average fall temperature wise (been in the 60's much of November) for New England and UNH hasn't had the opportunity to practice in much in weather below 40 degrees. Hopefully this won't effect UNH like the weather did in the Villanova playoff game two years ago.

Mattymc727
November 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
As long as its a clear day the players will be fine. 23 degrees is cold, but thats no excuse to play bad. If it were hovering around 0 than maybe id be worried.

UNH Fanboi
November 29th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Weather.com is showing a high of 23 degrees on Saturday... It's been an above average fall temperature wise (been in the 60's much of November) for New England and UNH hasn't had the opportunity to practice in much in weather below 40 degrees. Hopefully this won't effect UNH like the weather did in the Villanova playoff game two years ago.

Cold is fine as long as its not too windy. I was at the Nova game and the conditions--wet snow and a steady wind--were much worse than they looked on TV and were terrible given Nova's advantage in the trenches and UNH's lack of a power running game. It wouldn't have mattered how much cold-weather experience UNH had--they were doomed from the beginning.

CopperCat
November 29th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'll go with UNH to continue their quarterfinal streak against a Montana St team that peaked too early this year - see Maine.

MSU hasn't peaked yet.

TwoFeathers
November 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
This is the "whoever decides to show up" game of the bracket...
I still can't figure out what happened in that William & Mary game and nobody played defense in the Towson game
This game has me curious - the Bobcats have also proven they can be great / Terrible and then great again...

Marcus Hyde and Jonathon Grimes happened in the UNH vs. W&M game. Plus UNH is cursed versus the Tribe.

WSBE
November 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM
My feeling on this game is that it will be close but MSU should win. Obviously my hope is that UNH plays it's best game of the year & beats a very good team who was ranked #1 in the land going in to the last game. I think the 2 teams are in the same class so it will really come down to who plays better (its not like one of the 2 teams is over matched). It should look alot more like those great playoff games against UMASS 07 & Northern Iowa in 08/09 & less like the McNeese St, Bethune-Cookman games the last couple years. The little I know about MSU, they look alot like Towson to me & UNH could not match their offense...especially with the stars at RB, WR, QB. We know the UNH defense has some great individual players but is simply not that good. With their below average secondary/interior DLINE, they will not all of a sudden find a way to stop good teams like MSU. So they need their stars to perfom like Evans, McNally, etc, & avoid those big play breakdowns. Their offense will need to match MSU...which it can, but it needs to play better than they have in many weeks. Decker can't be "off" or throwing bad INTs, in fact he needs to show that big-game brilliance that he is capable of. I think the OLINE will hold its own but struggle a bit with the big DLINE MSU has.....but it will be Decker, Orlando, RJ Harris, Steriti, making plays. Peters, Setian, Cullen, Mangieri will be important targets as they could be the possesion guys & important 3rd options. But even if Decker is sharp & doesn't turn the ball over, I see MSU matching UNH & coming out on top by 3. Too much needs to go well for UNH

Grizalltheway
November 29th, 2011, 11:50 PM
MSU hasn't peaked yet.

They certainly have nowhere to go but up after their last game. xlolxxcoolx

profisme
November 30th, 2011, 08:48 AM
They certainly have nowhere to go but up after their last game. xlolxxcoolx

I don't think you will find a single MSU fan who disagrees with that statement xsmhx

HenZoneNation
November 30th, 2011, 09:33 AM
This will be a very good game. My concern with UNH is their playoff history. They are a premier team during the regular season and have given the Hens more trouble than I care to even remember. But when playoffs come around, something seems to happen. They are very well coached and generally fun to watch. We had a chip Kelly siting at last year's playoff game. I ;m not certain if some of his creativity from the days when he was the OC still remains (maybe a UNH fan could provide some insight there) but they definetly are fun to watch.
The distance they have to travel, the elevation, and their playoff history have me concerened. We are going to learn a lot about both teams on Sat. How will MSU respond after the UM game? Is this a UNH team that could finally make that big run deep into the playoffs.

Grizzlies82
November 30th, 2011, 03:07 PM
We are going to learn a lot about both teams on Sat. How will MSU respond after the UM game? Is this a UNH team that could finally make that big run deep into the playoffs.

This is the crux of it... how will MSU respond after their Montana loss. I believe we'll know the outcome of the game by the end of the first, or second, quarter.

IF... New Hampshire has early success shutting down the MSU offense then UNH will likely win it.

IF... Montana State's offense moves the ball and score in the 1st & 2nd quarters then MSU will win.

New Hampshire needs to rekindle that 'shattered confidence' MSU felt two weeks ago. If they allow MSU to get going early, the MSU Bobcats might just crush the UNH Wildcats. Setting the tone early will be crucial to win this game.

UNH Fanboi
November 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
My concern with UNH is their playoff history. They are a premier team during the regular season and have given the Hens more trouble than I care to even remember. But when playoffs come around, something seems to happen.

What happens is that we play more talented teams on the road. Never making it past the QFs looks bad, but we've faced some very tough teams and many of those losses have been close (UMass, all three UNI games and Delaware last year was close even though we never really threatened them). We've also won several road games in round 1 as underdogs. I don't think UNH really chokes or under-performs in the playoffs--we just have never really had a semi-final quality team or an easy matchup in the QFs. The 2005 game against UNI at home was the only year that I thought we clearly had the better team and lost.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2011, 04:03 PM
What happens is that we play more talented teams on the road. Never making it past the QFs looks bad, but we've faced some very tough teams and many of those losses have been close (UMass, all three UNI games and Delaware last year was close even though we never really threatened them). We've also won several road games in round 1 as underdogs. I don't think UNH really chokes or under-performs in the playoffs--we just have never really had a semi-final quality team or an easy matchup in the QFs. The 2005 game against UNI at home was the only year that I thought we clearly had the better team and lost.

I agree. UNH's lack of a deep playoff run is because of a lack of a true championship caliber team (some think 05 was, i dont think so). Coach Mac gets the best out of his teams, which usually is the QF level. Im hoping one of these years, coupled with the recruiting success we have had over the last years, will get us past the QF and dancing in Texas.

owascoag
November 30th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'm not typically out to get UNH unless they're playing us, and that didn't work out in the last game......but my uncle and dad are Bobcats - go MSU! Big Sky Country baby! As for directions - take 95 out of Durham to the Weston, MA tolls, get on the Mass Pike Westbound, drive 2,300 miles, take the off ramp for U.S. 191 onto W. Kagy Blvd, take a left into Bobcat Stadium.

Catbooster
December 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm not typically out to get UNH unless they're playing us, and that didn't work out in the last game......but my uncle and dad are Bobcats - go MSU! Big Sky Country baby! As for directions - take 95 out of Durham to the Weston, MA tolls, get on the Mass Pike Westbound, drive 2,300 miles, take the off ramp for U.S. 191 onto W. Kagy Blvd, take a left into Bobcat Stadium.

See how simple that is? You can even get free food and drinks at the tailgates. Hope some of you make it out for the game (but you better get on the road right away).

TwoFeathers
December 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
This will be a very good game. My concern with UNH is their playoff history. They are a premier team during the regular season and have given the Hens more trouble than I care to even remember. But when playoffs come around, something seems to happen. They are very well coached and generally fun to watch. We had a chip Kelly siting at last year's playoff game. I ;m not certain if some of his creativity from the days when he was the OC still remains (maybe a UNH fan could provide some insight there) but they definetly are fun to watch.
The distance they have to travel, the elevation, and their playoff history have me concerened. We are going to learn a lot about both teams on Sat. How will MSU respond after the UM game? Is this a UNH team that could finally make that big run deep into the playoffs.

I think UNH needs some home games for a deep run in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
No way this game is close....as in 1 TD.

Montana State puts the foot on the gas pedal and keeps it there.

Cats: 38-13

boonegoon
December 1st, 2011, 12:22 PM
No way this game is close....as in 1 TD.

Montana State puts the foot on the gass pedal and keeps it there.

Cats: 38-13

I don't think so. I may be wrong and will get hate for this but I don't think MSU will win this one. Looks like New Hampshire has a pretty potent offense and Northern Colorado scored 21 on MSU. Just sayin.

fencer24
December 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
This one is in the toss up category, and will have to be played to know for sure.

Grizalltheway
December 1st, 2011, 12:29 PM
I don't think so. I may be wrong and will get hate for this but I don't think MSU will win this one. Looks like New Hampshire has a pretty potent offense and Northern Colorado scored 21 on MSU. Just sayin.

Don't let the score from the Griz game fool you. Our defensive game plan was spot-on, and our D was just swarming that day. MSU has a very balanced, potent offense, and from what I've read, UNH's defense is pretty porous. This could definitely turn into a shoot-out, but I think home field will give MSU the edge.

boonegoon
December 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Don't let the score from the Griz game fool you. Our defensive game plan was spot-on, and our D was just swarming that day. MSU has a very balanced, potent offense, and from what I've read, UNH's defense is pretty porous. This could definitely turn into a shoot-out, but I think home field will give MSU the edge.

Oh, I know. You guys put 38? on them and laid the wood to them. I think that shows us something too. I doubt MSU gets stopped too often but can they stop New Hampshire enough? - 45-28.

UNHFan
December 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM
I know its a long shot but what happens if Stony Brook beats Sam Houston and UNH (Not the long shot) beats Montana State

Who gets the game? AND STOP LAUGHING!!xtroublex

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
I know its a long shot but what happens if Stony Brook beats Sam Houston and UNH (Not the long shot) beats Montana State

Who gets the game? AND STOP LAUGHING!!xtroublex

Stony Brook, unless they just didn't bid.

Re: this game, I'd be very surprised if it weren't high scoring. UNH's offense is very good, and the defense is very bad. I think if the game is decided in the 30's, UNH will feel pretty good about their chances. If it's in the 20's, UNH probably doesn't score enough to win, and if it's in the 40's, that probably means the defense was so bad it was impossible to win.

I'm hoping for 38-34 UNH.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM

I guess we'll see what happens on saturday.

Nahhh.......Cats still win 38-13

CAA goes 0-5 or maybe 1-4 with Towson beating Lehigh.

Catbooster
December 1st, 2011, 01:15 PM
I can understand fans from other areas (who haven't seen us play much) picking against us. The most recent game we played was a beating, and that is the one most remembered, with the most attention. But it was not representative of the way we've played this year and I think we come out playing more like the other 10 games and less like the last game (even though we did have our share of bad quarters and halves in the other games).

UNH and MSU have very similar offensive stats for total yardage and points scored. But defensively the Bobcats have way better stats. Stats don't really prove anything, and they were not against common opponents anyway, but I think the Bobcats will slow down the UNH offense much more than UNH will slow down ours. And I think that will be enough for the Bobcats to win.

UNHFootballAlum
December 1st, 2011, 02:37 PM
The major key to this game is turnovers. When UNH's offense has limited it's TO's they have been very difficult to stop. The UNH defense is getting better and causing more TO's. Statiscally it is not as good as MSU, but do not underestimate that unit. If either team gets up by 14 pts early, it will be tough for either team to rally with as good as each offense is. If UNH can limit the big plays in the run game, they have a good shot to win

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2011, 04:51 PM
The major key to this game is turnovers. When UNH's offense has limited it's TO's they have been very difficult to stop. The UNH defense is getting better and causing more TO's. Statiscally it is not as good as MSU, but do not underestimate that unit. If either team gets up by 14 pts early, it will be tough for either team to rally with as good as each offense is. If UNH can limit the big plays in the run game, they have a good shot to win

Ditto. If UNH doesnt turn the ball over, they will score atleast 30 and win, this offense is that hard to stop. If turnovers happen, MSU will win easily.

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2011, 04:54 PM
When summarizing the potential of the UNH offense, I look at the Towson game. On the road, UNH put up 42 on Towson, and still had 4 turnovers (3 interceptions, and 1 fumble). Thats some offensive production. If unh commits 0 turnovers that game, UNH wins easily (Towson had a pick 6 too). Granted, MSU has a much better defense than Towson does, but 42 with 4 turnovers is an eye opener.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
If anyone scores under 30, they lose.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2011, 05:00 PM
My pick is UNH, but I've seen them play and can only go off of stats and recaps for the Bobcats. Home field helps Montana State, but I also feel like the Griz may have caused some mental/emotional damage in the last game.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102120-8-Playoff-wonders-of-the-FCS-world/page7

I feel some seriousxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx coming on this Saturdayxlolx

Wildcat80
December 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I hear the UNH team is out in sunny Montana today getting acclimated. Hope they are acclimated TO WIN!!

HenZoneNation
December 2nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
I guess we'll see what happens on saturday.

Nahhh.......Cats still win 38-13

CAA goes 0-5 or maybe 1-4 with Towson beating Lehigh.

Now is this an educated assumption or pure hatred for the CAA?

If you like offense this will be a great game. Maybe it's because I still have nightmares of Ricky Santos, but I don't care what team or what standing you have in the playoffs, I don't care about their playoff history, UNH is just not a team you want to face. They are dangerous.

That being said. I like the 1-2 punch that MSU has with thier QB and RB. Kirk can take a lot of the pressure off McGhee kind of reminds me of our '07 team with Cuff and Flacco.

Saturday is gonna be an awesome day for football...I feel bad for FBS fans.

UNHFan
December 2nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Game Plan ordered! 3 TV ready to go!

smcwildcat
December 2nd, 2011, 03:41 PM
for those wondering....the wildcats just got back from a walk through practice...it was snowing for the majority of the prac. and was very chilly....really impressed by the facilities in general. Cats are resting up until tomorrow..

Wildcat80
December 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
for those wondering....the wildcats just got back from a walk through practice...it was snowing for the majority of the prac. and was very chilly....really impressed by the facilities in general. Cats are resting up until tomorrow..

Will field be covered? Where is team staying? Any plans for tonite--movie? Will they leave right after the game? What airline did they charter-southwest? That's all for now!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2011, 10:36 PM
CSJ Preview:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/130-an-fcs-history-lesson-for-sam-houston-state

kittiekop
December 2nd, 2011, 11:47 PM
Will field be covered? Where is team staying? Any plans for tonite--movie? Will they leave right after the game? What airline did they charter-southwest? That's all for now!

I don't know about your other questions, but I can say from experience that no, the field will not be covered. If need be, it will be swept in the morning before the game. Excited for another Saturday of Bobcat football. Ticket sales numbers are a little elusive to come by, but by all accounts sales are at least north of 11,000. Looking like it won't be a huge sell out crowd, but a good one nonetheless. Hope all the UNH fans had a good trip out, have a great time tomorrow, enjoy our campus and community. Here's to a good game, and a Bobcat win of course!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Now is this an educated assumption or pure hatred for the CAA?

If you like offense this will be a great game. Maybe it's because I still have nightmares of Ricky Santos, but I don't care what team or what standing you have in the playoffs, I don't care about their playoff history, UNH is just not a team you want to face. They are dangerous.

That being said. I like the 1-2 punch that MSU has with thier QB and RB. Kirk can take a lot of the pressure off McGhee kind of reminds me of our '07 team with Cuff and Flacco.

Saturday is gonna be an awesome day for football...I feel bad for FBS fans.

Having watched the MSU/NDSU playoff game last year and watching some of 2 MSU games this year, IMO they will win this game.

When MSU is on they are very good. Plus you never know about the weather in western Montana this year......wind! If it gets windy then UNH's passing game might be ineffective. IMO, MSU rolls in this game.

The only CAA team that might win this weekend is Towson. No way Maine, JMU or OD win today. Maybe I'm wrong...we'll see.

Wildcat80
December 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
Good Luck today WILDCATS!!!!! Just Do it!

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Link to a great read from today's Seacoast online, about the 1976 game. I can remember listening to that game and the incomplete pass to Lee Pope like it was yesterday. Thirty five years later the pain from losing in the playoffs still numbs me. Hopefully the third trip to Montana is a lucky charm..
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20111203-SPORTS-112030324

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Good luck to New Hampshire, remember this is not even the best team in the state your playing today, no reason not to win the game

Twentysix
December 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Go cats, the blue ones... damn it. Go montana state.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Nice run by Peters.

theUofNH09
December 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
How's your video quality? DOesn't seem as clear as the other games i've watch today.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
How's your video quality? DOesn't seem as clear as the other games i've watch today.

Looks pretty good here.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
UNH tried to run in the red zone, it didnt work. UNH up 3-0

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
FG is good 3-0 UNH now Montana St. gets the ball, will UNH have any defense? I hope so!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
UNH tried to run in the red zone, it didnt work. UNH up 3-0

Yeah that wasn't the best play call on 2nd down and on third down that play wasn't going anywhere if he caught it.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Short kick are they kicking into a wind?

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
That was a short kick, yikes, that better not be permanent

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Atta boy Rod. NH native

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:18 PM
INT Walker!

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Hey look, Decker threw it away. Good move

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Aweful play

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
UNH turns it over on downs. MSU ball at their 25

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
Ah interesting fake not sure why you don't throw the ball since it was 4th DOWN!!!!!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:25 PM
UNH has moved the ball well but has beated themselves with some bad play calling

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
My god how can that girl eat with that pierced tongue? It looked like a marble!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Nice Montana St. catch cmon UNH D.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Anyone here today on the board?

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
We need to get Gorrel off the field.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Pick 6 baby!!!!!

WrenFGun
TOUCHDOWN MATT EVANS PICK 6!!!! EXCELLENT BLITZ WHOOO!!

Mattymc727
MATTT EVANSSS!!!!

dwtime
UNH up 10-0

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
two picks for UNH so far. Great start

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
yikes, we dont have anybody who can boot it down field?

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Not good kick coverage there and seriously can we not kick further than that?

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
Good first quarter for UNH score wise, 10-0 UNH

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 02:37 PM
I think its in to the wind. Either way. Terrible kicks.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
nice catch and run bad UNH tackling.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM
UNH must have the worst tackling corners in the FCS. How can you play defense and not like to tackle?

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
MSU field goal good. 10-3 UNH. Lets see if Decker can answer

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
12:43 left in the half 10 -3 UNH

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
Both defenses playing well

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Offense needs to do more, but can't fault Decker on that throw. It was a great throw, just well-defended, IMO.

Would be nice if McCarthur could punt a BIT better.

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 02:53 PM
Radio man just said the same
Both defenses playing well

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 02:56 PM
Big pass for State 1st down at the UNH 13

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
TD Montana State; very impressive drive.

McGhee has an absolute rocket.

dwtime
You know Montana St. will be able to do that all day we need to blitz, it gave us 6 before!!!!!

Mattymc727
Wow

WrenFGun
BLOCKED PAT!!! UNH RUNS IT BACK! TWO POINTS OMG!

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wow that was some crazy S--t right there

Old Cat Fan
Maine 20 APP ST 6

Mattymc727
UNH blocks the extra point and takes it to the house for two. 12-9 UNH

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
UNH 12-9

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
That stupid sideline pass isnt working.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Throw the ball away Decker

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
MONTANA 38 CENTRAL ARKANSAS 0

GO CATS

Cleets
This game is way more entertaining than the Montana / Central Ark.... YUK

Now this is FUN

dwtime
Cmon Decker thsi could be your last football game ever get the yards don't go out of bounds!!!

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
UNH offense is really struggling. Decker doesnt look confident at all

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Fumble on the punt UNH ball!!!!!!!

WrenFGun
MONTANA STATE FUMBLES UNH BALL DEEP IN MSU TERRITORY!

Old Cat Fan
Big turnover UNH ball at the State 18

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
What a play!

Old Cat Fan
Oh yeah baby sweet

WrenFGun
DECKER LATERALS TO MELLO TOUCHDOWN CITYYYYYY.

dwtime
Great pitch and run for the UNH TD!!!!!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM
UNH up 19-9

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
Can we kick the ball deep this time?

veinup
is this game in bozeman> i cant remember.

dwtime
That Montana St. punt returner really blew it there were no yards to fight for and that is what caused the fumble.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
of course not. Jesus

dwtime
What the hell is up with the kicking, its killing us!!!!!!!!

Old Cat Fan
is this game in bozeman> i cant remember.

It's not in Durham I can guarantee you that !

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:12 PM
C'mon D step up

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:14 PM
you telling me that wasn't holding? C'mon refs!!!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
step it up my montana brothers.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Montana State has been very resilient this game

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
That was way too easy saw that play a mile away somehow the UNH defense didn't. TD Montana St. UNH up 19-16. Just when we needed a defense stop we don't get it.

Old Cat Fan
December 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
What conf are the refs out of ?

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
Why even bother with that play? so risky. Now Decker is hurt. 19-16 UNH at half

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Wow a blitz what a concept, c'mon UNH D learn from that! End of half UNH leads 19-16

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
MSU will come back with fire.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
is this even on ESPN3?

dwtime
OK UNH win the 2nd half and win the game, we need to pressure that QB again.

Mattymc727
What a weird first half. UNH gets 3 turnovers yet are barely leading. Cant tell who is playing better, I would give the edge to MSU so far but those turnovers killed them

OxSoxUNH05
December 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
Just got back from Hampton to see the Stanley Cup, Good to see UNH up 19-16 at half.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:21 PM
is this even on ESPN3?

Yes it is.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:23 PM
What a weird first half. UNH gets 3 turnovers yet are barely leading. Cant tell who is playing better, I would give the edge to MSU so far but those turnovers killed them

Turnovers killing MSU, kick offs killing UNH.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yes it is.

cool, just had to refresh my espn3 or something, it's up now. will switch over after the griz game.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
Good coverage there much better now we need defense.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
A nice kick to start the half

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
nice tackling.........

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:42 PM
And once again poor tackling.........

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Seriously?! 3 guys? Couldn't tackle him!?

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
This defense sucks, still.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Well it looks like the old UNH defense is back

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Great D jeez guys.......

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
It's quite frankly a miracle that UNH made the playoffs with a defense THIS bad.

If Decker doesn't come to play this half the season's over; we're not getting anymore stops. Four Straight drives MSU has driven ALL OVER US.

TD Montana State. XP good. 23-19 Montana State.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Agreed, the offense needs to show up and start a shootout. MSU figured out how to score on us and UNH has no shot at stopping them

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
alright, as a griz fan, i just made the switch from our game to this one. go cats. SCHREIBEISSSZZZSZ

dwtime
December 3rd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Nothing better to get a defense pumped up than a bad running play is there an offensive coordinator? Really?

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Yikes. MSU showed up

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
This is terrible football to watch

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I mean, no emotion from UNH right now; think this game is over with another Montana State score. Defense isn't ready, offense isn't ready. Offensive line has been atrocious in general.

R3TRO
Did the UNH OLine stay in the locker room?

OxSoxUNH05
Guy came in untouched on 3rd and 20, unacceptable

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
yay

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:02 PM
WOW. MCGHEE WITH A GIFT.

INT Houston, UNH Ball.

OxSoxUNH05
December 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Pick. Now get something going

CorrosionDoc
December 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
If UNH manages to win, their game MVP should be McGhee...

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
come on, DENARIUS

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
The offensive line is struggling so bad

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Absolutely ENORMOUS play by Decker. Montana State blitzed, and Decker somehow found a second to find Orlando.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Decker is making wine out of water right now. There is absolutely no time and he's converting some miracle throws. UNH driving somehow.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
I think Decker was probably uncomfortable having more than a microsecond to throw; incomplete though, and UNH has to punt. MSU will take over at their 21. At the very least swung the field position a bit.

23-19 MSU, :47 left in the third.

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
UNH running game is hurting more than helping.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:14 PM
I'm not sure I understand why this happens every year. The offense has been terrible. The defense has been terrible.

Whatever we're doing just doesn't work in the playoffs against good opponents.

Today, the biggest issue has been the line play. Completely dominated on offense and defense. Short of some McGhee mistakes, this game could be a complete blowout.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
MSU is just a better team, thats all. Another tough ending for us UNH fans

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Also, sometimes I feel like we dont have a coaching staff. they havent even attempted to fix these problems so far

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
"look at dat cat. he got hair comin out his helmet".

FRENCHTOWN REPRESENT.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Completely mind-boggling decision to pass on 3rd and 2 will lead to a FG attempt for MSU.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
26-19 MSU. This drive will be the game for UNH

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
HUGE REVERSE and a big return for Steriti. To midfield!

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
UNH to the MSU 38, 8:34 to go, down 7.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
new hampshirians will not win in montana.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Yikes. Steriti needs to get what he can

OxSoxUNH05
Way to waste 1st and second down

veinup
HUGE SACK.

Mattymc727
new hampshirians will not win in montana.

You are a loser

WrenFGun
Honestly, none of this offensive line deserves to be on scholarship. Period. Decker sacked, again. UNH will have to punt.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
You are a loser

me, personally? what you know about me?

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
This is miserable. MSU playing great D!

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
This is miserable. MSU playing great D!

That I agree with. Montana State D has been as advertised. Great Credit to them.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
me, personally? what you know about me?

Well for one, You become an annoying fan of your arch rival.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
so rooting for another team from montana makes me a loser? sure, the cats are my arch rival. regular season. playoffs? i'm all about montana football, be it state or UM. your team is getting hit up by kids who grew up ten miles down the road from me, why wouldn't i root for them?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
i made a prediction about a football game and you decide to call ME a loser. i'm not gonna call you a loser. i'm just saying YOUR TEAM will be losers today.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Just doesnt make sense to me. I hate Maine and Umass. I respect them, but would never root for them. I especially would never go on one of their game threads and cheer for them. regardless, ill move on, lets see if UNH can tie it up, if not they go home

OxSoxUNH05
December 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM
No need to attack another poster because UNH is crapping the bed. Hopefully they can put a drive together to save the season

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:40 PM
UNH had a nice return, but called back due to block in the back. This is the season here for the offense. 26-19, 4:02 to go. Ball probably somewhere between the 10 and 20.

Now to the UNH 41 on a nice screen.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
I wasnt attacking. He came on here and stated all New Hampshirites will lose in Montana (whatever that means). MSU has been the better team, no doubt.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
Wow, decker

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
ORLANDO COMPELTE! DOwn to the 20!

OxSoxUNH05
December 3rd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Amazing catch. Punch it in 'Cats

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Game. What a second half by MSU. Good luck the rest of the way

veinup
Just doesnt make sense to me. I hate Maine and Umass. I respect them, but would never root for them. I especially would never go on one of their game threads and cheer for them. regardless, ill move on, lets see if UNH can tie it up, if not they go home

i've got pride in my state, my university, my team, our football conference. and yeah, even our rivals. i respect MSU as much as much as i respect any team in FCS. why? because i watch them all year long. my team battles them every year. we win some, we lose some, but it's always epic. of course i'm going to take their side over some northeasterns (who, judging by the example you've set, are kind of pricks).

OxSoxUNH05
Decker picked, UNH season is over.

GrizBowl
December 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM

Some of us REALLY want another GRIZ/cat game. So for now, xsmileyclapx MSU

CorrosionDoc
December 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
Montanans, even those that live 700 miles from each other, have a kinship that I wouldn't expect people from New Hampshire to have with someone from Maine or Massachusetts, even if they are geographically closer.

R3TRO
Game over.

Mattymc727
i've got pride in my state, my university, my team, our football conference. and yeah, even our rivals. i respect MSU as much as much as i respect any team in FCS. why? because i watch them all year long. my team battles them every year. we win some, we lose some, but it's always epic. of course i'm going to take their side over some northeasterns (who, judging by the example you've set, are kind of pricks).

haha

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
as a griz fan, i honestly don't want a griz/cat playoff rematch. we rocked them in bozeman, i'm happy to count my blessings and move on. that said, if it happens..? HOOOOOOOOO BABY. that potential situation is still a ways in the future though.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 04:48 PM
AMAZING GAME...!!!!!

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:49 PM
haha

indeed. like i said ten minutes ago, new hampshirians aren't winning in montana. have a nice offseason.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wow, MSU punts to 29 yard line...17 seconds to go, UNH ball.

veinup
hahahaha. perhaps i spoke too soon. but i'll stick with what i said, seventeen secs left.

ccd494
You don't take a safety there?

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
offensive PI.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:53 PM
indeed. like i said ten minutes ago, new hampshirians aren't winning in montana. have a nice offseason.

Its funny, I always thought Montana fans were arrogant pricks too. I like Montana State fans. Seems like the feeling here is mutual.

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
whooops.

OxSoxUNH05
Holy #*$* MAKE THAT KICK!!!!!!

Mattymc727
im speachless

Cleets
I repeat: Amazing game

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:55 PM
wow. 1976

UMass922
Oh my.

GrizBowl
Its funny, I always thought Montana fans were arrogant pricks too. I like Montana State fans. Seems like the feeling here is mutual.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

OxSoxUNH05
Holy #*$* MAKE THAT KICK!!!!!!xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxban gxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxb angxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxban gxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx xbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxb angxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxban gxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangxxbangx xbangx

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:56 PM
Macarthur misses the XP. Unbelievable. I hate football.

ccd494
Oh boy...

mainejeff
Good god.......crazy.

veinup
ha. ha. ha.

Cleets
I just spit coffee all over my computer monitor..................

GrizBowl
I've got no feed here; whats happening?

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 04:57 PM
New Hampshire Football is ****ing cursed.

ccd494
How do you not go for 2 on the road with the momentum?

Cleets
THIS IS NOT OVER..... (yet)

Mattymc727
Well. Great effort by UNH. I cant believe it came down to a missed XP. Great half by MSU, good luck to you guys. Another sad ening for us

Cleets
okay now it's over

WrenFGun
Honestly, I do not know if it can get any worse for this program. This is far, far worse than Montari Leondard's catch. Make an unbelievable play, and doink the XP. What a ****ing team.

mainejeff
How do you not go for 2 on the road with the momentum?

Agreed.

OxSoxUNH05
December 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Well it was interesting. Good Luck Montana St.

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
suicide watch on the kicker (ASAP)

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 04:59 PM
I think the kick was tipped

mainejeff
Honestly, I do not know if it can get any worse for this program. This is far, far worse than Montari Leondard's catch. Make an unbelievable play, and doink the XP. What a ****ing team.

I'll tell you how it can get worse.........you could miss the playoffs for 8 straight years instead of making them for 8 straight years.

WrenFGun
Wow. Congrats to Montana State.

Watching UNH Football is simply not good for my health. Amazing TD; we don't go for two, and we botch the XP.

****. Me.

UMass922
December 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
I was surprised to see them kick it as well . . . thought for sure they would go for two.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Time to drink heavily

Wildcat80
December 3rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
I doubt we would have stopped that offense in OT. Coach should have followed Cosgrove and tried to WIN IT WITH 7 SECONDS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat80
darn kickers..................

veinup
kick was tipped.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
I think if the UNH team won the lottery they'd find a way to lose the ticket before they got to the market to redeem it. I need a break from this.

darell1976
December 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Good game MSU and UNH! MSU see you on the court....UNH see you on the ice!

Cleets
December 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
THAT WAS the game of the day...!!!! (so far)

veinup
December 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
i'd like to make a jerkass comment directed at the guy who called me a loser fifteen minutes ago, but i'm not going to. montana got class.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
By posting what you just did, you made a jerkass comment. Good luck to both Montana and Montana State.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
i'd like to make a jerkass comment directed at the guy who called me a loser fifteen minutes ago, but i'm not going to. montana got class.

Didn't you, anyway?