2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 49-17 (19-9 SLC)
2011 Record: 47-10 (20-6 SLC)
Total: 226-86 (92-49 SLC)

Southland Conference - Postseason Week Two Game Listing
Central Arkansas at Montana
Stony Brook at Sam Houston State

TT's Quick Analysis and Game Predictions
Central Arkansas at Montana - A nice & expected win for the Bears at Tennessee Tech this past week. The stakes get higher and I am not sure the Bears have faced anything quite like Montana in the postseason. This is a rite of passage for SLC schools and while I'd love to see UCA defeat the Griz, this will be a good learning experience for the UCA coaching staff and players. MONTANA

Stony Brook at Sam Houston State - There are those who say that Stony Brook is a 'SHSU-lite'. Very similar in many regards, but SHSU is probably the more well-rounded of the two teams. I am hoping the weather heats up this week for those New Yorkers down in Texas! ;) Either way, I think the Bearkats brand of football is too much for Stony Brook. Doubt the Seawolves have seen as strong a D-Line and O-Line from an FCS foe as they will this coming Saturday. SAM HOUSTON STATE

BEAR
November 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I found this interesting but obviously stats don't decide a game but interesting all the same for those of you who like comparing teams. Schedule strength might be the difference in this one IMO.

A UCA fan posted this on ucafans:
UCA VS MONTANA

UCA: 9-3 (6-1) Southland
MONTANA: 9-2 (7-1) Big Sky

OFFENSE:

UCA: 33.8 PPG
MONTANA: 32.4 PPG

DEFENSE:

UCA: 27.6 PPG
MONTANA: 20.3

TALE OF THE TAPE

UCA O-LINE: 6'3 287
MONTANA O-LINE: 6'5 305

UCA D-LINE: 6'2 264
MONTANA D-LINE: 6'3 255

UCA RECEIVERS:6'1 183
MONTANA RECEIVERS: 6'1 189

NATHAN DICK: 232-362 3,010YRDS 30TD'S 8INT (64.1%)
JORDAN JOHNSON: 155-265 1792YRDS 15TD'S 6INT (58.5%)

JACKIE HINTON: 141 carries 666yrds 4TD
PETER NGUYEN: 120 carries 689yrds 1TD

JESSIE GRANDY: 46rec 731yrd 8TD
JABIN SAMBRANO: 28rec 493yrd 7TD

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I remember a couple of years ago we had a LB/DE with the exact same measurables at NFL combine as Orakpo from Texas. Needless to say, despite JMU's good corps of LBs over the years, height and weight are not everything.

I expect a pretty big beat down by Montana this week, and that's not as much a slight to UCA as it is that Montana seems to have gotten stronger as the season wore on. They are a team in strong contention to win it all. Although it would be nice to see a team wearing purple take the Grizzlies out of the tournament!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Montana will win by 3-4 scores....easily.

SHSU is better than most think. They win by 2-3 scores.

Grizcountry420
November 27th, 2011, 10:55 AM
You just have to hope that none of Cent Ark players make it to the bars..

Dallas Demon
November 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Montana wins, but the game will be much closer than anyone thinks.

Sam Houston will win easily.

BEAR
November 27th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I think there will be 20 degrees of seperation between Montana and UCA. xlolx

katstrapper
November 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I remember a couple of years ago we had a LB/DE with the exact same measurables at NFL combine as Orakpo from Texas. Needless to say, despite JMU's good corps of LBs over the years, height and weight are not everything.

I expect a pretty big beat down by Montana this week, and that's not as much a slight to UCA as it is that Montana seems to have gotten stronger as the season wore on. They are a team in strong contention to win it all. Although it would be nice to see a team wearing purple take the Grizzlies out of the tournament!

Central Arkansas has won 8 in a row and I think they are peaking at the right time. Nathan Dick is a former SEC QB that transferred several years ago so I dont think he gets rattled as easily. I think this game will be closer than expected.

I think Sam Houston's team speed will overwhelm SBU. I am not predicting a blow out by any means, but it SHSU defense picks up several turnovers, it could get ugly early.

Grizcountry420
November 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Central Arkansas has won 8 in a row and I think they are peaking at the right time. Nathan Dick is a former SEC QB that transferred several years ago so I dont think he gets rattled as easily. I think this game will be closer than expected.

I think Sam Houston's team speed will overwhelm SBU. I am not predicting a blow out by any means, but it SHSU defense picks up several turnovers, it could get ugly early.

By close to you mean 31-10 or 55-10?

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Montana wins, but the game will be much closer than anyone thinks.

Sam Houston will win easily.

wrong on both sides of your mouth

TTUEagles
November 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I haven't seen Montana play and I'm sure it's a huge homefield advantage. But, I saw UCA and they are D*mn good. I know that it was against and OVC team in TTU...But, TTU IS good, also. UCA has solid O & D-lines and the QB is flat out fantastic. I think this will be a good one...

Dallas Demon
November 28th, 2011, 03:29 PM
wrong on both sides of your mouth

Let me try again.

Montana wins 98-0, and all five CAA teams win big - especially JMU, likely by the score of 52-0. Delaware would have won all four games this past weekend had they not been shafted by the selection committee, and would be heavily favored over Sam Houston should they play them. BTW, Stony Brook romps over SHSU this weekend, 38-0. Thanks for setting me straight. xbowx

McNeese72
November 28th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Let me try again.

Montana wins 98-0, and all five CAA teams win big - especially JMU, likely by the score of 52-0. Delaware would have won all four games this past weekend had they not been shafted by the selection committee, and would be heavily favored over Sam Houston should they play them. BTW, Stony Brook romps over SHSU this weekend, 38-0. Thanks for setting me straight. xbowx

ROFLMAO!!

Very nice!

We all know that Sam Houston and UCA don't have a chance. That is because they are from the Southland Conference and the Southland hasn't won anything in a gillion years. ;)

Doc

Grizzaholic
November 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM
ROFLMAO!!

Very nice!

We all know that Sam Houston and UCA don't have a chance. That is because they are from the Southland Conference and the Southland hasn't won anything in a gillion years. ;)

Doc

A gillion? Is that more or less than 6.93 million?

GeauxLions94
November 28th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Central Arkansas at Montana - Game will be closer than most expect. Nathan Dick will stay out of the Missoula bars and UCA will not treat this game like a bowl game. Still, gotta go with the Grizz on this one. MONTANA

Stony Brook at Sam Houston State - Stony Brook comes off its first-ever playoff win and faces the No. 1 team all the land. Bearkats will be rested and ready for Tim Flanders, Richard Sincere and Co. will jump out early en route to a win. SAM HOUSTON STATE

purplebear72
November 28th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Ave, Montana, morituri te salutant!xbowx xeyebrowx

purplebear72
November 28th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Bears win and Kats win; both close games. Bears win upset and Kats survive a great game by an underrated Stony Brook football team. Being at home helps Kats in this game. Don't get me wrong, the Bearkats are a great team; it's just the situation. As far as the Bears are concerned, we are playing a very good team and traditional power in their comfort zone (at Griz Stadium). It will take a perfect game, but I believe we will win. Just a feeling; we'll find out Saturday. Go Bears!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Let me try again.

Montana wins 49-21
I think the CAA pulls out 1 game this weekend
Delaware would have been a more worthy first round opponet than 50 pct of the teams that were actually playing
Stoney will somehow manage to make a game of it despite the lack of respect they are getting by you Cowboys

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2011, 11:57 PM
ROFLMAO!!

Very nice!

Doc

sounds like you havent gotten over last years implosion by your conference champ... Delaware fans not that fond of Nova but we knew and posted in advance what was about to happen to your boys

Dallas Demon
November 29th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Montana wins 49-21
Delaware would have been a more worthy first round opponet than 50 pct of the teams that were actually playing
Stoney will somehow manage to make a game of it despite the lack of respect they are getting by you Cowboys

Regarding Delaware, is this based on the narrow win over Division 2 West Chester (who by the way lost considerably more to C.W. Post, Bloomsburg, Kutztown, or Indiana - the PA version) and your losses to UMASS and Rhode Island, or good wins over Towson and OD? Might Delaware be the Furman of the CAA this year?

Sorry hoss, I'm not a cowboy no more than you are likely a Rastafarian.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Regarding Delaware, is this based on the narrow win over Division 2 West Chester (who by the way lost considerably more to C.W. Post, Bloomsburg, Kutztown, or Indiana - the PA version) and your losses to UMASS and Rhode Island, or good wins over Towson and OD? Might Delaware be the Furman of the CAA this year?

Sorry hoss, I'm not a cowboy no more than you are likely a Rastafarian.

ha, Rastafarian.. Delaware even in a down year better than Albany, Tenn Tech, EKU, Norfolk State, we did beat ODU but probably don't beat them now. Thinking about it further we probably beat more than half of 1st round teams but no worries Doggie, Hens werent going very far this year.

Sam_Kats
November 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
You'd think that as much as Rastafarian Hen was a closet Seawolf fan, he could learn how to spell STONY Brook.

PurpleOut
November 29th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I need a drink.

Bearkat-Backer
November 29th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I need a drink.

You are in the right city to make that happen! Drink one for me!

blackfordpu
November 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM
UCA @ Montana

SB @ SHSU

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Montana wins 49-21

who was the guy that was terrified of the CAA, until yesterday

Dallas Demon
December 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
who was the guy that was terrified of the CAA, until yesterday

Good picks, except for the Delaware argument and the "Cowboys" comment (although I can't speak as to whether the Sam posters are cowboys or not...). 20% success by the CAA yesterday is - not good.

Predictions for next weekend?