PDA

View Full Version : Can't the Montana games be on ESPN Gameplan?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Wouldn't it be a cinch for ESPN to put the games on ESPN Gameplan for people in the state of Montana to watch the game?

ESPN gets more money, Montanas get their game, and everyone wins?

Am I missing something?

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Wouldn't it be a cinch for ESPN to put the games on ESPN Gameplan for people in the state of Montana to watch the game?

ESPN gets more money, Montanas get their game, and everyone wins?

Am I missing something?

No, you got it. Montanans are just asking for another viewing option, whether it be allowing the NCAA to stream the game, or PPV or let the local channels broadcast the games like they have been doing for the last 15 years.

Hard to go cold turkey when every single Griz game for the last 15 years has been available on the states network of TV stations - add to that, all the bars that picked up the satellite feed and showed the games around the nation.

For the last 14 years, I have lived in either Arizona or Washington and have had access to ALL the games at my local satellite bar, and most recently online.

LouiseBFree
November 25th, 2011, 06:05 PM
No, this is how ESPN does it. Your cable companies just need to come around and provide it for their customers.

spdrumline
November 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
No, this is how ESPN does it. Your cable companies just need to come around and provide it for their customers.

Or maybe ESPN should stop monopolizing the coverage of a sport about which they couldn't care less.

SeattleGriz
November 25th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Dude, I live in Seattle and have Comcast. They just finally signed up a little over a year or two ago. Comcast is HUGE, and they should have had ESPN3 from the start, but didn't? Why? ESPN was asking too much money and Comcast didn't want to fork it over. Don't give me that crap.

Besides, what is wrong with the Gameplan plan? That sounds like a winner for the ISP's that don't wish to carry ESPN3 in the next 10 days.

GridCaptain
November 25th, 2011, 07:59 PM
All you have to do is download the WATCH ESPN app or for more information check out this link at http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

ursus arctos horribilis
November 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
All you have to do is download the WATCH ESPN app or for more information check out this link at http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index

Dude there is just no way you are this f'n dumb. Stop playin' dog.

Drblankstare
November 25th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I'm starting to think this guy is serious. Its beginning to concern me, if anyone knows his state ordered guardian please alert them. Thanks

GA St. MBB Fan
November 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM

xlmaox

GridCaptain
November 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Ooops, I forgot. Your doublewide does not get high speed internet out there in the hills. Toss another buffalo chip on the fire and heat up.

PhillyApp1
November 26th, 2011, 07:16 AM
FU ..you A-Hole from ESPN......and I mean you have know leg to stand on other than ESPN has the LEVERAGE to be A-Holes also.

SO, GO FOX SPORTS!!!!!

Go back to your traffic laden hell-hole in Bristol.

GridCaptain
November 26th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Hate all you want, and is NO LEG TO STAND ON not KNOW LEG TO STAND ON. Facts are facts and ESPN and the NCAA are joined at the hip for the next decade. But by all means keep raging against the machine and the man. Onward Don Quixote.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM
The answer was: yes.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2011, 09:05 AM
LFN is correct, I think all the games will be available on GamePlan - not sure how much that costs though.

Jayjord
November 30th, 2011, 09:19 AM
All fcs games this weeken on gameplay for around $25...next weekend is still up in the air but the final two weekend are on the network.

Vilsack
November 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
The answer was: yes.

Yes, it CAN be on Game Plan. However, E$PN does not want a one-shot infusion of cash. It wants to build demand for their Internet service so the major cable companies in Montana will pay for it and provide a constant revenue stream. Is there any other major sports event that would unite Montanans, that E$PN has exclusive rights to, that is only going to be made available on ESPN3? I don't think there's going to be a great clamor for soccer, cricket or rugby. So if they can generate enough demand in the two weeks leading up to the game, they can force these cable companies to fork over cash. Now, if the cable companies hold their ground then E$PN might decide to put the games on PPV and take the one-time cash infusion.

ETA: Looks like Disney buckled...wonder how many taxpayer dollars Baucus had to promise to Iger to get that done.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM
All fcs games this weeken on gameplay for around $25...next weekend is still up in the air but the final two weekend are on the network.

2 of the quarterfinal games, one on Friday, and one on Saturday are televised on ESPNU or ESPN2. The other 2 will be ESPN3 games, same as last year.

RichH2
November 30th, 2011, 09:51 AM
$25 per game for this weekend for gameplan

Vilsack
November 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM
$25 per game for this weekend for gameplan

$25 per game? Not $25 for all the games? Wow.

gotts
November 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
$25 per game? Not $25 for all the games? Wow.

All games...

BEAR
November 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380783_10150378670156580_111051716579_8815776_7393 02468_n.jpg

Grizzaholic
November 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380783_10150378670156580_111051716579_8815776_7393 02468_n.jpg

I have seen some gay things in my life, and that folks, is a gay poster.

Grizalltheway
November 30th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I have seen some gay things in my life, and that folks, is a gay poster.

Since when are bears gay? Are dback and Alex gay just because they're bears? Didn't think so. xcoffeex

Twentysix
November 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bear

bear

A term used by gay men to describe a husky, large man with a lot of body hair.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

I always just let you get away with your mascot.

BEAR
November 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hey, you might want to look up BISON in the urban dictionary:

Bison:

1. a huge b*tch
2. when you stick in her behind, and you slap her with a fish on the back of her head, and she's all like "what the *****?!!?" and you slap her again.
1. dam*, that bison stole my boyfriend AGAIN!
2. That chick had no idea what was going on last night when i bisoned her.

Twentysix
November 30th, 2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li6REncwPkU

Keep reaching jr.