PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Bracket Completely Seeded

The Eagle's Cliff
November 25th, 2011, 08:25 AM
The week of 9/11/01, games were cancelled across the country. For the playoffs that year, the NCAA decided to seed the Top 4 teams and group everyone else regionally for "safety" reasons. Using the tragedy of 9/11 as the backdrop excuse, the NCAA has continued this money-saving insult to FCS schools denying us a true seeded playoff where teams hundreds of miles apart might play in the first round.

Using TSN, Coach's, and GPI I've ranked the teams 1-20 using the committee's 20 teams. The Top Seed always plays the lowest seeded favorite:

16) Tenn Tech------------1) Sam Houston
17) Norfolk State

---------------------------8) App St
---------------------------9) Towson

-------------------------- 5) Montana
--------------------------12) New Hampshire

13) Maine----------------4) North Dakota St
20) Albany

14) Central Arkansas-----3) Georgia Southern
19) Stony Brook

---------------------------6) Montana St
---------------------------11) Old Dominion

---------------------------7) Lehigh
----------------------------10) Wofford

15) James Madison-------2) Northern Iowa
18) Eastern Kentucky

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Top bracket looks a lot tougher than the lower bracket

The Eagle's Cliff
November 25th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I would agree. I remember that happening sometimes based on good teams in the same conference beating each other and being ranked lower than other teams based on W-L records. Someone will always get a tough draw or be left out, but I think seeding the whole field is the best way to do it.

UNIFanSince1983
November 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Strange that JMU would still play EKU.

bisonguy
November 25th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Odd. This has NDSU most likely facing Maine. NDSU was supposed to host Maine on 9/15/2001, but it was cancelled due to 9/11.

achrist70
November 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Odd. This has NDSU most likely facing Maine. NDSU was supposed to host Maine on 9/15/2001, but it was cancelled due to 9/11.

Even though some of you Bison fans can irritate me from time to time, I have to admit I am usually impressed by your guys knowledge of Bison facts.