PDA

View Full Version : Where does the plan to expand playoffs to 24 teams stand?

GSU Eagle
November 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
When the field was expanded to 20 last year it was widely stated that this was just a step on the way to 24.

By the way with 24 teams would 2 new conferences get autobids and 2 more at-larges?

FargoBison
November 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
When the field was expanded to 20 last year it was widely stated that this was just a step on the way to 24.

By the way with 24 teams would 2 new conferences get autobids and 2 more at-larges?

Right now only the PFL would get an auotbid. 24 teams would also mean another team would be seeded.

GSU Eagle
November 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM
It probably is a logical move to go to 24 after you have already gone to 20. I thought there was some rule that 1/2 the field had to be auto-bids.

I guess we are running out of conference to give autobids to. Other than the Pioneer Conference who is left that would ask for an auto-bid?

SideLine Shooter
November 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I think we should have a tournament with all teams and extend football as late as possible.

bisonguy
November 24th, 2011, 07:54 PM
It probably is a logical move to go to 24 after you have already gone to 20. I thought there was some rule that 1/2 the field had to be auto-bids.

I guess we are running out of conference to give autobids to. Other than the Pioneer Conference who is left that would ask for an auto-bid?

At least half the field has to be at-large berths.

GSU Eagle
November 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks. I knew there was some rule about 1/2 the field. So 24 would be 11 autobids probably and 13 at-larges. They would give 3 more SoCon/CAA/MVC/Big Sky teams an invite to the tourney. I say bring it on.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM

16270......AN' WOOD UH 6 D-I WIN...@ LARGE.....POWER CONFERENCE SQWAD....GET IN....xconfusedx....AFTERAH ALL.....UH A/Q.....6 D-I WIN TEAM.....HAS...xnodx.....BRAWK!