PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3 games are available on www.firstrowsports.tv

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Can we please stop all the friggin threads on this now.

Don't want to watch it on your computer - hook your computer or laptop up to your TV and enjoy.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2011, 12:04 PM

Don't want to watch it on your computer - hook your computer or laptop up to your TV and enjoy.

I've been on firstrowsports since the beginning of the year. Not all ESPN 3 FCS games are on there. I was able to watch about 1/2 of them on that which I wanted to. I ain't willing to take the chance they'll be available then they are not. I also wouldn't count on firstrowsports being around all that long considering what we've see done with channelsurfing and so on.

I do appreciate you bringing up the firstrowsports because it's always been sort of crappy for me but I may not have the proper plugins or something that makes it work better? Do you have any tips on that front?

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM
yea, download AdBlock Plus onto your computer or any of those types of programs.

Walkon79
November 23rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hey Bluhenbillk, STFU!! or see my post on the Senator Tester thread. This isn't just about hooking it up. I'm married to a Griz and we've been able to watch both games every Saturday on multiple TV's with a bucket of beer and 30 of our closest friends. Why does ESPN think they can wreck this?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
yea, download AdBlock Plus onto your computer or any of those types of programs.

I have that but I may not have all the setting right cuz it let's a lot of ads through but also I am talking about any safe media player plugins? Sometimes it tells me that I need to download "XYZ" plugin or player to watch certain games and I'm afraid of dl'ing a virus or something. Just wondering if you have had done that and can confirm that these are safe?

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hey Bluhenbillk, STFU!! or see my post on the Senator Tester thread. This isn't just about hooking it up. I'm married to a Griz and we've been able to watch both games every Saturday on multiple TV's with a bucket of beer and 30 of our closest friends. Why does ESPN think they can wreck this?

Walkon I hear what you're saying - just trying to give you some solutions. You do know you can get the game online and then wire your laptop up to your TV? There are plenty of people on these message boards that I know that do that...

Then again it's the playoffs, I'd be at the game personally. Never have to worry about that with UD, I'm there watching it live...

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I have that but I may not have all the setting right cuz it let's a lot of ads through but also I am talking about any safe media player plugins? Sometimes it tells me that I need to download "XYZ" plugin or player to watch certain games and I'm afraid of dl'ing a virus or something. Just wondering if you have had done that and can confirm that these are safe?

I normally haven't had an issue with that site - once I get the game up I'm fine - no ads coming up. My gut would tell you to download whatever you're going to do BEFORE going on the site & watch it then the best that you can.

Cleets
November 23rd, 2011, 01:50 PM

Threads are a direct representation of "what people are interested in"
That's like saying: Can we ONLY post threads on topics I'm personally interest in

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 23rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
I normally haven't had an issue with that site - once I get the game up I'm fine - no ads coming up. My gut would tell you to download whatever you're going to do BEFORE going on the site & watch it then the best that you can.

Sorry man but I ain't being very clear I guess. When I go and try to watch certain games it won't allow me to until I download "xyz_player" or something like that. Some games come through, some won't unless I DL another player/plugin etc...if you don't or haven't had that problem then we may not have tried to watch all the same FCS games but it has happened on a Villanova game that I remember as well as some MVFC games I was trying to see.

On the other note you posted to Walkon though. I will be at the games live for the Griz, he probably will as well if he's in distance to do so. A lot of people are not. Another thing is that I want to see the entirety of the FCS Playoffs including the game between the two teams vying for the Griz attention next week. I also want to see Albany/SBU, etc.

I truly, truly hope that firstrow works this weekend.

Cleets
November 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
You know on these illegal sports streaming sites - they all use the same popup add generators and they are tough to defeat
but if you get the feed up and going and then expand to full screen the ads can't pop

Full screen mode defeats the pixel spacing widget installed in the page ap
(so I'm told)

Engy0
November 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM
Another thing you can do is download firebug if you are using Firefox, get the game up and streaming, then disable ALL javascript by right clicking on the page and going to Web Developer->Disable->JavaScript->ALL JavaScript. Sometimes the ads will still play noise when you have the stream in full screen mode, but this should take care of that.

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM

NoScript works wonders for this (for Firefox) - it also makes you aware of how many ridiculous scripts are ran on most sites (The Missoulian is actually probably the worst offender).

Go Bison
November 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
FYI- This past weekend I watched the Green Bay Packers versus the Tampa Bay Bucs on firstrowsports.tv. I hooked up my work laptop to my tv. First half worked great and then after halftime my laptop got some kind of virus and my laptop didn't work until Monday morning when I took it to work.

bluehenbillk
November 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Ursus- I've never had that happen on mine that I had to download something to get a certain game. There are sometimes more than 1 link to a game - if you get that you may wanna try another link.

Cleets - yes I believe you're correct, I normally watch in full screen, maybe that's why I never get ads pop up. I never did that intentionally - just is easier to see full screen.

And NoScript - yes I've used that on my computer & man it makes pages load fast - highly recommend that. I had forgot what it was called, but knew it as soon as I read that. Think like finallyfast.com (those stupid commercials) but WAY faster.

Catbooster
November 23rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
Walkon I hear what you're saying - just trying to give you some solutions. You do know you can get the game online and then wire your laptop up to your TV? There are plenty of people on these message boards that I know that do that...

Then again it's the playoffs, I'd be at the game personally. Never have to worry about that with UD, I'm there watching it live...

Like Ursus, I'll be at our game but would like to see others. But it's not as easy as just saying go to the game. I'm not sure whether it was Walkon, but in one of these threads the Bobcat fan talking about it usually travels from Glendive to our games. That's almost as far as travelling from Akron, OH to Newark for every Hens game. Between the short time frame to plan, icy roads, holiday season, etc. it's not always practical for lots of our fans to make the playoff games.

Also, potentially we will be on the road for following rounds, some of which may end up being only available through ESPN3. I've got a computer hooked up to my tv like you've suggested, have even caught a little FCS football with frontrowsports. But the picture quality is not near what TV is (maybe it's just my equipment/ISP?). And lots of people aren't hooked up for it and have never had the need to be. I could buy stuff and hook it up for my Mom (who likes to watch the games), for instance, but she'd just get confused. She had to stop going to the games a few years ago because she's getting too old and all that, and electronics don't work so well with her. ;)

Thanks, though, for trying to get people some alternatives. That does wok.

GridCaptain
November 26th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Calling all Griz, Bobcat and Bison fans....

Bogus Megapardus
November 26th, 2011, 08:23 AM
It's always best not to identify stream consolidators publicly on a forum such as this - especially if you want to keep the stream consolidators around. It also violates the AGS Terms of Service because this entire site could get flagged for conspiracy to infringe the original broadcaster's copyrights. I'm not in any way associated the the good folks who run this site, and certainly I am not speaking for them, but I'd suggest that specific information about live streams, other than from original sources, ought to be limited to PMs.

xtwocentsx

NTN GRIZ
November 26th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Another option...

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=americanfootball