PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Postseason Awards

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
http://ivyleague.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/Football_All-Ivy_--_2011

Green26
November 23rd, 2011, 12:17 AM
"With the most impressive season of an Ivy League freshman running back in 56 years, Princeton's Chuck Dibilio was the top choice for the Ivy League Rookie of the Year and was voted first-team All-Ivy. Dibilio ended the season second in the League rushing race with 815 yards (116.4 per Ivy contest) behind Schwieger's 923 yards. He ended the season with a total of 1,068 rushing yards, the sixth-highest total in Princeton history. Dibilio set the record for most consecutive weeks receiving a weekly award, being named Rookie of the Week for four-straight weeks from Oct. 24 to Nov. 14. He tied with Harvard's Eion Hu in 1994 for the Ivy record for most Rookie of the Week awards in a season with six during his first season on Old Nassau."

Who's the dummy who wrote the article? Most impressive frosh season in 56 years? Does the writer not know that frosh could not play varsity football until 30 or so years ago? I assume 56 years coincides with the official formation of the Ivy athletic conference. Obvious that author didn't attend an Ivy school.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Dibilio is a great kid. Lehigh and Lafayette were hot after him, but he got much better $$ package from Princeton. If they can build around him, they could establish a great ground game over the next three years.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
Who's the dummy who wrote the article? Most impressive frosh season in 56 years? Does the writer not know that frosh could not play varsity football until 30 or so years ago? I assume 56 years coincides with the official formation of the Ivy athletic conference. Obvious that author didn't attend an Ivy school.

True. I thought the same thing initially. What about Calvin Hill and Ed Marinaro? But then I remembered Frosh didn't start playing varsity until the 1980s

bonarae
November 23rd, 2011, 04:43 AM

Agree.